South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-03-2017, 07:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekly thread July 3rd - July 7th

Coffee anyone?
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

After today I will be off the grid until Friday. I don't want to miss a thing when I am there. It's been almost a year since I've seen my mom and 9 weeks since my son left. I really don't have a plan for eating, just going to try and keep it in check. Water and walking should not be a problem. Today I don't have much on my list. I do want to get some stakes at Home Depot as I have a flowering shrub needed a little help standing from all the rain. I have to go pick up thank you goodies for my parking hook up at the airport. In the old days a case of beer was the traditional gift lol. They will be getting Italian pastries and a box of Joe from me. BIG savings not having to pay to park at the airport. Then its mani pedi time for me. I'm all packed and ready to go! Hope everyone has a great week!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:08 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes to coffee. I'm off to work the coffee weekly meeting at the Church and then have hooked Bruce into helping me move the Fair schoolwork entries into the upstairs exhibit hall.

After that we will be paring down our wedding guest list to family and CLOSE friends. The Parson himself will be making the phone calls since he's the guy who has been inviting folks to the "wedding", thinking just the ceremony while the invitees are expecting the Church service AND the reception in the Town Hall! (Yes, this was our first "fight" but it was over fast!)
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:44 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

WFH day for me, have a couple of conference calls and then it should be a quiet day. Already dd my walk and had my breakfast, last couple of days food was not the best so back to being op. We planned DD2 birthday sleepover for next Saturday and then we went and watched fireworks last night.

Jekel so excited for you, enjoy every minute

Ruth glad you were able to work it out and he gets to do the calls :P

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:36 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon chicks!

I've been out weeding the blueberry bushes but came in for a lunch break. I will go back out in a little bit; I'm almost done and want to spread some new mulch.

Jennifer, have a wonderful trip! So happy for you.

Pearlrose, story of my life: a few days of off-plan food, the scale ratchets up and scares me, I get back OP. I am focusing on good food choices this week. We will watch fireworks tomorrow.

Ruth, I'm glad you were able to work out the wedding plans with B and also cajole him into helping with the artwork.

About time to fill my water bottle and go back outside. It's so nice to have a sunny day!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:54 PM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone!

A bust at work today. It was just starting to get busy when the power went out at 10 AM. It was down until 115. I was the chosen one to stay and close. Just got home. But disappointment, especially to my boss who has been dealing with lower than average sales because of the road project.

Tomorrow is another day. Hopefully crazy busy! I am going to rest for a bit then going out to dinner with mom, sister and nephew. See you all tomorrow!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-03-2017 at 05:55 PM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:33 AM   #7  

Good morning and happy 4th! (even to you Ruth )

We have the promise of a lovely day weather-wise so soon I will cajole DH into a walk. Afterwards I will spend a little time in the flower garden. Yesterday's blueberry job took all day but they are now well-weeded and have new mulch laid done. Very satisfying. Tonight will be fireworks.

Safe travels to Jennifer and may everyone else have a great day!
Old 07-04-2017, 08:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Happy 4th everyone!

Jennifer - have a great trip, hug your son tight!
Ruth - kind of sweet he invited so many not thinking about how you can't really be invited to the ceremony and not the party afterwards. Those will be some awkward calls - lol. So when is the big day?
Pearl - towns have really started doing fireworks all different days. I think we'll be watching them tonight at a friends house.
Deb - what did you do for 3 hours with no power? We used to lose power all the time, now it tends to blink on and off - but the power surges tend to throw all the electronics into a tizzy.

WI at 174.6 today, down a few. Why is it I can work so diligently and not lose an ounce, not pay attention for a few days and whoosh!

I'm starting to get ready for our trip on Friday. I have a feeling staying in control in Iceland won't be a problem, I don't think they're known for their cuisine.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:07 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Glorious weather for the 4th of July for my American cousins! I'm 1/4 American, maybe more. My maternal grandfather was from Bangor Maine and my paternal great grandparents on my mother's side came here just before the American revolution. I celebrate our countries for four full days!

Got a few things done around here yesterday, including cleaning up the guest list. Catherine, my events co-ordinator, was very pleased when we went through the checklist yesterday and Bruce did clarify some of his "invitations". My future daughter-in-law Robyn as volunteered to do place cards and I'm sure taking her up on the offer! Catherine has lovely hydrangeas in bloom and will use them for the centrepieces, saving having to pick daisies for the table centrepieces. Remind me never to get married again - too darned much work!

Weight is still steady despite pasta last night. Whew! Not sure what's on for dinner tonight but it should be light since we are taking my daughter to dinner at the Mandarin Court in Ottawa when she arrives at 5 PM tomorrow. (That's rush hour and the traffic out of town is bad so ...) Today I need to prep the guest room since it's been used as a sorting-out room lately. Bruce has put his moving in stuff project on hold until next week which is a relief as I hate a chaotic house and B. is a pack rat!. His antique motorcycle, a Vincent, miraculously appeared in the barn the other day although he gave up riding several years ago.

Time to crank up the day!
Old 07-04-2017, 11:54 AM   #10  

Good morning (still)

I went for a walk this morning and had just finished breakfast when the neighbor text'd that DD1 car had a flat. Just got back from Walmart and a tire fix. She picked up a nail. Not sure we are doing anything today which would be fine by me

Jekel safe travels and give your son a big hug

Ruth glad everything is coming together for you

Amy yeah on the weight loss

Debbie sorry to hear about the power outage- hope you enjoyed time with your family

Beth hope you get your walk in

Old 07-05-2017, 07:08 AM   #11  

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me heading into work. Going to Joan Jett concert this evening with DH.

Have a great day everyone

Last edited by Pearlrose; 07-05-2017 at 07:09 AM.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:20 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Busy day yesterday. Work was great! Took a rest when I got home and then we had a little picnic at my moms house. I've been out watering in the yard now heading to Glenwood to pick raspberries. My sister has a medical appointment today so she and my nephew will come later we will meet at the hospital for lunch.

Rose, Joan Jett-have fun!

i'd better get going the traffic is all ready sounding pretty busy
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:26 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Hope the rest of the week goes well. Today we are in full wedding prep mode and I may not be able to post for a while. Sorry. Will check in if I can.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:43 AM   #14  

Good morning, chicks! I've got to work this morning but am hoping to do a little (more) weeding this afternoon.

Pearlrose, how was the concert?

Debbie, when is the road project going to be done? Any target time?

Ruth, stay calm and enjoy the weekend! I'm sure everything will be lovely.

I am feeling a little frustrated with my weight the last week or two. It has been creeping up. Am I deluding myself about what I am eating? Too many cheats? Can I blame hormones? I may need to get review the basics and stop this before it gets out of control. Sigh. Story of my life.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:28 AM   #15  

Good morning,

Work from home for me today, have a few conference calls and working on end of month reports. Concert was great, we had awesome seats center stage row G. Joan Jett put on a great show, she was actually opening band for Boston. We did not stay for Boston as we just wanted to see her and it worked out great was home by 10 p.m. Tonight DH is going to see Jimmy Buffett and I am running DD2 to practice this evening.

Debbie I hope the road project is completed soon

Beth I am having the same issue with weight creep, today is day 2 of op eating. Work is having another Healthywage challenge and I am trying to get a team of co-workers to join, that is what kicked off my weight loss two years ago, I think it will help me to mentally focus on staying on track, as it seems like lately it will be a few days or week of op and then off the wagon and I need to reverse that, this is lifestyle not a weekly thing.

Jekel I am enjoying all of the pictures you are posting of DS, enjoy your time

Ruth such an exciting time for you, try to relax and enjoy

Amy when does your sis leave?