Old 06-27-2017, 09:53 PM   #1  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default ~*Sweat This Summer Challenge 2017*~

Welcome to Riestrella's Sweat This Summer Challenge 2017 Edition!!

Summer is officially here! Despite being the time of the year our bodies are on show the most, it can be a difficult time to lose weight. Trips out with friends and family, food, alcohol, vacations - it can be just as challenging to lose weight this time of the year as the rest! Here's a spreadsheet challenge to try and help you through the summer months. So let's sweat our butts off together, whether it be in the heat or through exercise, and keep each other in check . LEGGO!

Please read the rules below before joining.

Before Joining, Please Read ALL the Rules!
  1. You can join this challenge at any time up until the final 2 weeks of the challenge!!
  2. -->Click here to access the spreadsheet used to document your weigh ins!<--
  3. Enter your Username on 3FC, your starting weight and goal weight for this challenge NOT your overall starting weight/goal weight.
  4. Be sure to have your weekly weigh in on the spreadsheet by Sunday, because I make the charts on Monday. In the spreadsheet when the column is labelled "WK 1 8/31", that means the week BEGINS on the 31st August NOT the particular day you have to weigh in!
  5. Check back in to the thread and I'll publish a weekly chart to show who's dominating over us all. Charts are Top 15 biggest losers only!
  6. If you want to take a break from weighing in then right click the cell for that week and select "Insert Note" (definitely not a "comment" because these won't move with your username if new members join the spreadsheet!) and add your reason for not weighing in. If you have a week that you know you won't weigh in ahead of time - let me know and I'll insert the note for you.
  7. If you don't weigh in for more than 2 weeks without a noted reason you will be moved to Standby. Come to the thread and opt back in if you want to re-enter the challenge!

That's it!* A huge part of this challenge is the community support, so please use this thread to talk to each other and update us on your progress. It’s less about just saying “today I weigh ___” and more about actually communicating with fellow sexy candy panda’s and talking about your life and all its ups and downs. Think of this thread more like a chat thread rather than just a place to post weights. We're here for you on your road to awesomeness!!
*FAQ
  • Can I change my Goal Weight once the challenge has begun? ~ Yes!
  • There's a - mark in my cell for a week, but I know what I weighed! Can I change it? ~ Yes! The more information you can put in the better. Let me know your missing weights and I'll input them myself.
  • My weight changed during the week but I already entered my weight, can I change it? ~ OF COURSE! Just submit your weight again using the same form, no problems.
  • The chat thread for my forum is dead...can I talk in a different thread? ~ Absolutely! We have 2 threads going, one in the Chicks up for a Challenge forum and the other in the 20-Somethings forum. Doesn't matter about age or if you're a regular in that forum or not, please hop in to the thread wherever you see it.

Enter your starting weights now and the challenge begins July 3rd 2017!!

Last edited by Riestrella; 06-29-2017 at 07:44 PM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:11 AM   #2  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

I'm determined to be more successful on this round than I was on the last one now that the move is over. I just joined another challenge that goes until Labor Day, so this is of similar length, but I want to stay consistent with joining your line of seasonal challenges as well, Rie. You've been doing a great job with them, especially considering how busy real life can get!

This challenge will be ending a little over a week before my birthday, so it will also help keep me focused on hitting my goal before that, as well! So, it's a win-win...lol. I would like to get under 200 lbs by my actual birthday, so I'll be setting my goal at 20 lbs down for the challenge and hoping that keeps me at least close to getting there by then!

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 06-28-2017 at 12:16 AM.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:16 AM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Yay!

Thank you very much for this, Riestrella!

I didn't do so well in the Sizzling challenge, so I'm determined to try harder this time. I've regained a few lbs, probably mostly water, so I've given myself a strapping 22lbs target ~ I've really got to concentrate on this!

I'm still going to be weighing monthly but I'll remember to put a note on the spreadsheet so you don't think I've given up altoether.

Good luck, everyone!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:27 AM   #4  
Ashley

S/C/G: 286.8/235.4/160

Height: 5'8

Thanks for setting this up, Riestrella!! I love your challenges! Im super pumped about this challenge helping me to be accountable this summer, especially when there's so many BBQs, get togethers, and what not. I have been doing poorly these last two weeks. I'm up two pounds and haven't really exercised. Plus, I've been eating out of my calorie range. I'm going to really focus this summer! My first wedding dress alteration appointment is 8/28! The last day of this Challenge! Talk about motivation! My goal is to get to 210, a total loss of 31.2 pounds.

Good luck ladies!!
Farn0057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Rie, thanks for continuing to inspire us with these wonderful challenges. I'm doing another challenge that runs simultaneously with this one but is a tad longer in duration. It's been a long time since I've engaged in multiple challenges so my goal is to see them through and drop weight. Good luck on your multiple projects and everything else that is keeping you busy!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:23 AM   #6  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Riestrella ~ I thank you for your devotion to all of us! My weight had "waxed and waned" this past challenge. I need to psych myself to continue my journey. This challenge should do just that!
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:37 AM   #7  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, I'm so glad for this challenge. Hoping to lose a few more pounds this summer. Continuing with mindful eating, portion control and delayed eating for the diet part. Still plan on doing Kundalini Yoga one day and the next to walk for the the exercise part.

Thank YOU Riestrella & good luck fellow chicks.

Last edited by workinglikeadog; 06-28-2017 at 11:38 AM.
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Thanks for running the challenge, Riestrella. I just signed up for the Labor Day Challenge as well, which ends a week after this one. Good luck everyone
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 03:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 92.4 / 84.2 / 65

Height: 169.5

Sounds like a great plan! Count me in! Hoping to lose a stone/14lbs.
MumofMany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 05:09 PM   #10  

New here and this is right up my alley - hope OK to join in.
rdjrneace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 316/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

So excited to get started! I love these challenges, Rie!
Blicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 03:39 AM   #12  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Oh, I need this! Cancel my plan to weigh monthly, I'm so not ready for that yet! My weight is just creeping up and up. Back to weekly for me!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:02 PM   #13  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farn0057 View Post
Thanks for setting this up, Riestrella!! I love your challenges!
Ditto!
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:02 PM   #14  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Rosinante ~ I am right there with you! I was on a bit of a staycation last week and for 5 days I reverted back to a bingeing behavior that I am not at all proud of.

gardenerjoy of The Beck Diet Solution thread wrote:

"I feel lighter" is a thought that I can successfully substitute for "I'm hungry." Feeling lighter makes me happy. Feeling hungry makes me grumpy. Most of the time, I get to choose which I want.

I am going to employ this technique every time I am tempted!

Have a wonderful week!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 07-05-2017 at 02:05 PM.
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:27 PM   #15  
jessie

S/C/G: 274.6 / see ticker / 190

Height: 5'7"

Thank you for setting this up, after 3 weeks of vacation and eating like a pig I need some encouragement and accountability.
jessiegreene is offline   Reply With Quote