Old 06-25-2017, 10:05 AM   #1  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Default It's time to regain control

Well...where to start...I thought I'd post in the newbie's thread but I'm not new at this. I think in spite of all I am very well spoken in the world of IP. I lost a total of 136 lbs before I let my world turn upside down. To make a very long story short, I went crazy. I reconnected with a childhood friend and one thing led to another. I found myself divorcing my husband of 31 years: a man who loved me through thick and thin (literally), one with whom I never had an arguement much less a real fight, the man who I had prayed for my whole life, a true answer to my prayers. I just up and left him for a fantasy.

Now, here I am...back with my ex husband who has forgiven me and took me back with NO questions asked. I am not worthy...

I regained 50 of the many, many pounds that I had lost and am struggling to get back on track. I need to get back into posting in this forum as it helped to keep me accountable. I know where my problem is and have gotten better at avoiding those things that caused me to regain. Late night snacking is my biggest downfall. I thought I had killed all those old habits and demons but a few have risen from the dead. Bear with me as I get my s*** together! I still have some IP packets, plus I do use alternative products. The biggest difference this time is that I will not be going in to a clinic. I move around so that just isn't possible. Hopefully I will be able to purchase IP products at various clinics I may find as I live out my rv lifestyle, which I love!

Last edited by frawniemae; 06-25-2017 at 10:11 AM.
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/163/133

Height: 5'4"

Hi Frawniemae - it is good to see you again. I didn't post often, but was on Ideal Protein the same time you were for my first go around, and really appreciated your posts and comments. You provided so much motivation to the rest of us.
I am so sorry to hear about the struggles you have had since losing weight. It sounds like you have been through so much this last while, and what a story of grace on the part of the man you have loved and prayed for for 31 years.

I have gained back everything I have lost, so am starting again tomorrow. I also have 50lbs to lose, and could wish I wasn't having to do this all over again. I felt so wonderful, and can't believe I gained it all back.
Anyhow, all that to say, if you are looking for help in keeping accountable I know you will find it on these boards, and I will try and watch for you to offer encouragement as well. Thanks so much for being real, sharing your hurt, and letting us know you are back.
Itstimeinbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:43 AM   #3  
determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstimeinbc View Post
Hi Frawniemae - it is good to see you again. I didn't post often, but was on Ideal Protein the same time you were for my first go around, and really appreciated your posts and comments. You provided so much motivation to the rest of us.
I am so sorry to hear about the struggles you have had since losing weight. It sounds like you have been through so much this last while, and what a story of grace on the part of the man you have loved and prayed for for 31 years.

I have gained back everything I have lost, so am starting again tomorrow. I also have 50lbs to lose, and could wish I wasn't having to do this all over again. I felt so wonderful, and can't believe I gained it all back.
Anyhow, all that to say, if you are looking for help in keeping accountable I know you will find it on these boards, and I will try and watch for you to offer encouragement as well. Thanks so much for being real, sharing your hurt, and letting us know you are back.
I post in the FB page sometimes but I like here better. Less commotion it seems.

Starting over has been good. I feel positive on so many levels. Seeing those numbers creep downward on the scale is an awesome feeling! In my early months of IP I learned so many things about my body and after the weight came off it did take awhile to see the "new" me. As the pounds began to creep back on I started seeing the "old" me and that was depressing. I had sworn to NEVER be that girl again and by golly I meant it! I just forgot for awhile...

Anyway thanks for responding and I hope that my story can help others as they go through this lifelong journey of battling weight issues. I know there are others out there that are far more outspoken than I am and have blogs and such but that's not for me. This place is where I found inspiraton so here I stay!

Good luck on your journey! We've got this!!

Last edited by frawniemae; 07-01-2017 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:38 AM   #4  
I can do it again!

S/C/G: 194/191/160

Frawniemae, darling --

First of all --

Believe me when I tell you that you are not alone in ANY of what you posted. You will succeed in all areas because you are honest with yourself and you keep on fighting.

I'm rooting for you 100%!!
marcibeaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:22 PM   #5  
determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcibeaucoup View Post
Frawniemae, darling --

First of all --

Believe me when I tell you that you are not alone in ANY of what you posted. You will succeed in all areas because you are honest with yourself and you keep on fighting.

I'm rooting for you 100%!!
Thanks for the vote of confidence!
Old 07-07-2017, 11:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

So good to see you back! No judgement! Pick up and carry on!
(IP compliant broccoli rooting for you)

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:29 PM   #7  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Frawnie, Marci, Itstime, and Liana!

Frawnie, good to see you! Ah, life does give us twists and turns, but we move through it!

Just wanted to check in with you all. I'm on a mini-reboot before my final trip of the summer. Then I'll settle in for the long haul, once again! It's an ongoing process and I've learned to live with this. Thank goodness I have the tools to keep things in control!

Have a wonderful day! Sending love and support!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:33 PM   #8  
determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Hi Frawnie, Marci, Itstime, and Liana!

Frawnie, good to see you! Ah, life does give us twists and turns, but we move through it!

Just wanted to check in with you all. I'm on a mini-reboot before my final trip of the summer. Then I'll settle in for the long haul, once again! It's an ongoing process and I've learned to live with this. Thank goodness I have the tools to keep things in control!

Have a wonderful day! Sending love and support!
Good to see you, to. Yeah, life does have a way of keeping you humble...I'm back on track, moving slow but steady. I am beginning to remember just how flipping good it felt to be "thin" again! I'll get there!
Old 07-13-2017, 10:31 AM   #9  
determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
So good to see you back! No judgement! Pick up and carry on!
(IP compliant broccoli rooting for you)

Liana
Thanks! It is a bit slower to get the pounds to drop this time but I'm okay with that. As long as the movement is a continual downward motion!

Broccoli is my all time fav veggie, too!
Old 07-23-2017, 07:06 PM   #10  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

I need to totally get back in control. I cried sitting on my floor yesterday trying to find one of the three shirts I have that fit me. 3FC was everything to me so I decided to check back in. Nice to see you are still here Liana (from one Canadian to another!)

I don't know how I got here, back up 80+ pounds. So many attempts to get back on plan and either lasting a week or less than a day. I don't know where I found the willpower to not cheat once before.

i know I will feel better if I can just get my %#*?! together!
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:53 AM   #11  
determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I need to totally get back in control. I cried sitting on my floor yesterday trying to find one of the three shirts I have that fit me. 3FC was everything to me so I decided to check back in. Nice to see you are still here Liana (from one Canadian to another!)

I don't know how I got here, back up 80+ pounds. So many attempts to get back on plan and either lasting a week or less than a day. I don't know where I found the willpower to not cheat once before.

Wishing you loads of luck! I am struggling myself. But, I know I did it once before so I CAN do it again! so can you!
Old 07-26-2017, 03:16 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:

You've already started to get your *kitten* together (as they say on MyFitnessPal lol).... You're here aren't you? One meal at a time girl! You can do this!
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:23 PM   #13  
I can do it again!

S/C/G: 194/191/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
You've already started to get your *kitten* together (as they say on MyFitnessPal lol).... You're here aren't you? One meal at a time girl! You can do this!
Liana
Haha! I like that "getting your *kitten* together". I'm so stealing that.

I'm crawling to the finish line. I forgot about the last lap being so up and down. I lose two, gain three, lose two, gain one, lose two . . . you get the picture. Ugh.

I do admit to adding a lil' more fat to my diet because I was too ravenous between meals, causing me to eat more/naughty stuff. A little avocado here and there makes Marci a happy girl.
marcibeaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 12:58 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:

Well if you looked closely in your mirror I am sure that you saw a reflection of others (like MOI) sitting beside you...and you know the few shirts I have are UGLY...designs/flowers...I think I subconsciously bought them as motivation to lose the weight so I would not have to wear them...lol

Remember...we are women...strong willed...the little devil that is stopping your motivation I know him well...kick him to the curb...remember how great it felt to be healthier...you can do this!
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 12:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcibeaucoup View Post
Haha! I like that "getting your *kitten* together". I'm so stealing that.

I'm crawling to the finish line. I forgot about the last lap being so up and down. I lose two, gain three, lose two, gain one, lose two . . . you get the picture. Ugh.

I do admit to adding a lil' more fat to my diet because I was too ravenous between meals, causing me to eat more/naughty stuff. A little avocado here and there makes Marci a happy girl.
Bravo marci! Keep your eye on the prize!
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote