Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 12:19 AM   #1  

Smile -^-Thin Group 100!!-^-

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Let’s all work together towards a healthier us in 2003!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797
Old 09-07-2003, 10:54 AM   #2  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Hey Desiree - let me be the first to BRAT you for starting the 100th thread! Good job!

Where is everyone at??? Hope you all are doing good .. I've been offline for a week! My server had a big time problem that affected all of Michigan! Talk about "computer withdrawal"!!!

Desiree: How are you doing with Fly Lady??? I tried them once, got so many emails you would not believe. I decided, I was not going to change my ways .. so I quit them.

Slyvia: How are you and Geno doing? I bet he is getting big fast, eh?

Sharon: Got your email so I owe you now. This week .. i promise! What are you up too now ... get in here and POST!

Annex: WELCOME! to our group! Don't be shy and do post with us often so we can get to know you.

And a big hello to the rest of you - Julie, Judy, Synger, Kim, Jello ... will come back later and post longer ... got to run now. Oh, had a bit of excitement here last week .. the gas well down the road from us exploded! Wow, what a scare. The grass around for a couple acres were burned but they got it stopped before the woods caught .. that would have been a disaster! No one was hurt so that is good.

OK ... off I go .. talk to you all later .. hope to see some posts on here when I come back!

Love, CJ
Old 09-08-2003, 01:16 AM   #3  

Hey CJ! I was wondering the same thing about where everybody has gone when I posted before. WHERE IS EVERYBODY???!!!

Flylady is a slow and steady process. It sounds like there have been a lot of people who stopped participating because of the emails -- she writes frequently about it in her emails. She has started saying that if you aren't ready to do a certain "thing", then to just delete the email. I find myself deleting several a day, and only reading the testimonials right now. I will slowly build up to the big stuff. For now, I'm just happy having a clean living room and clean kitchen.

Starting tomorrow, I only have 8 more weeks to go with my pregnancy!! I am getting really excited. My mom and I went to Hobby Lobby and picked out some material for the curtains that my mom will be sewing for baby's room. I picked out Hello Kitty to be fun. When they are up, I'll take a pic and post it on my website so that you can see how cute they end up!

I think that's it for now. Off to tidy my kitchen and then I'm headed for bed! BTW, Sylvia, how are things going with Nico? I hope you are having an interesting time! LOL!!
Old 09-08-2003, 02:48 AM   #4  

Howdy!

Just popping in for a quick hello. Motherhood is wonderful...hard work but worth it. Nico is growing up so fast! I can't believe that he's a month old already! Time is really flying. My husband goes back to work tomorrow so I'll be alone with the baby for the first time! I'm a bit nervous but I'm sure it will be OK.

Desiree-Good job on starting the new thread...Brat!! Wow, you have 8 weeks left? Get as much rest as you can...enjoy the sleep! I'm sure your baby's room is looking great, that is one lucky baby!!!

CJ- I know what you mean about having computer withdrawals! You had them due to technical difficulties, I had them because Nico takes up a lot of my time!

Well, I've got to run and take a shower and then to bed. Just put the baby down after a colic filled afternoon. *sigh* I hate to hear Nico cry.

A big hello to all of you that I didn't mention directly.

Lots of love-

Sylvia
Old 09-09-2003, 11:33 AM   #5  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Hi guys, Here I am!

Hi guys,
Desiree let me be the 2nd, after CJ to brat you for starting the new thread. Good job! And this is the 100th thread too. Isn't that some kind of milestone? Should we keep on going or start #1 over again? What do you guys think?

I have been so busy this summer, betweening gong to Gaylord to see CJ and going to the cottege with Chrissy, Papa and brother Jer and everything else I am exhausted now. Right now I am cleaning out that junkie basement cause when we cleaned out Dad's house in Michigan I got a U-Haul full of stuff I didn't want to throw out. Too many memories and Dad couldn't keep them in the assisted living place he lived. Brother, Skip lives in Florida and flew to Michigan to help. Brother, Jerry lives with us and Chrissy didn't want most of that stuff, cause it means so much to me. You know memories. So as a result I am organizing the basement again. Brought some more of those rubbermade type bins and am busy looking through the stuff, keeping what I want to keep, garage sale for some of the stuff and seeing what the girls may want to have of their Nana's too. There is lots of stuff, boxes of it. Brother Skip was just dumping stuff in the dumpster we rented cause he didn't want it and I was running around trying to rescue what I could those things that meant so much to me. I will be done maybe in a week if I am lucky. LOL But just wanted to post here and let everyone know how I am doing.

CJ-Hey there, glad you posted. I know you have been so busy with all your family/company up there and glad you had a great summer visting with all of them. As you can see I did post so you can relax cause I am here again. LOL Sorry about you computer being on the fritz, I know you were probably going through withdrawal for sure. I would miss it too, although lately being so busy maybe not. How are things going now? You and Dick busy running around trying to get the new house going? I will wait for your email reply. I miss you!

Sylvia-How are you doing? By the way I did tell Chrissy you said Hello from you the other day when I talked to her. She said she really likes you. So how is that precious little Nico doing. Got your last email with the new pictures and will reply soon I promise. I loved getting the picture of your husband as well. Is his name Marcil? I remember you mentioning that before, but am not sure. My goodness a month old already, where did the time go? It seems like you just had the little bundle of joy. He is sure getting cute Syl. I know you are not happy that your hubby is going back to work, but you will enjoy the alone time with Nico. I always did. He will come to know you so well, there is nothing like a mother and child relationship. You are probably the most important person in his life and you will be a big influence to him. Your husband will too and I know the father and son bond is so important too. What a lucky little boy to have two great parents like he has. Just enjoy him and I know you will. I am so happy for you and well remember loving my time with each of my kids. I have such beautiful memories of that.

Desiree-Only 8 more weeks and you too will have another baby. How wonderful. The Hello Kitty room sounds so cute. I remember Hello Kitty. How fun. Yes please put the room and the curtains on your website and I will check it out. I go to your website now and than and would love to see how everything turned out.

Annex-Welcome and glad to have you aboard. Don't be a stranger, guys are most welcome here. It must be exciting being a model. Please don't get depressed about yourself. I think you look great. I try not to worry about things like that and just do my best to do what I can to keep myself fit and healthy. Yes we will help you out with some great support, encouragement and motivation in anyway we can. Hope to hear from you again and let us know how you are doing.

Julie-Wow congratulations to you and Niles for that 8 pound weight loss and I'll bet by now you are down even more. I am glad you are doing so well on that South Beach diet. I saw a book on it in the bookstore and skimmed through it. I know you will miss your Dad when he moves to Florida, but he will be happy there without all that darn snow to shovel and drive in. Think of it this way, you now will have someplace to go to vacation in the winter to get away from it all. LOL I too miss you and am so glad you came back to us.

Kimv-Gosh you have been working you butt off. Now I see why you are down so much. It's all that work and you probably are just grabbing things and not eating as much, especially in all the heat we had than. Good job on drinking all that water though, it had to have helped doing that. I have never been to Indiana Beach, even living in Indiana we never made it there. Of course we have only been here 10 yrs, and I didn't grow up there. So I am not a native hoosier, so that is probably why I was not sure of the song. LOL It sounds like you had lots of fun and too much sun as well. That is great that your company paid for everything.

Judy-It sounds like you are doing great on the Curves program and good job on the 17 lb weight loss. How wonderful that your grandaughter got to skip a grade and go into the 9th grade already. She sure sounds like one smart kid. The 9th grade is high school now, yikes Judy you have a grandaughter in high school now. And here I am waiting for my 1st grandchild and you have one in high school. LOL

Well guys time to get off here and get some things done. Take care and talk to you later.

Love you, Sassy Sharon

Old 09-15-2003, 02:54 AM   #6  

Hello Ladies and gents! ( You never know if there is a man around! )

Just popping in for a quick hello. Am really tired today and am falling asleep as we speak but I thought I would come in and at least post a "hello".

I've been pretty busy with the baby. He is getting quite the personality...hard headed just like his Mother! Luckily, Marcel was off today, he has to work "mandatory" overtime for the rest of the month and that means working 6 days a week. Luckily he enjoys watching Nico so that I can do some laundry and take a nice 2 hour nap!

On the weight loss front...there is no news. I was told that I can't go back to curves until I see the doctor on October 10. I do manage to take the baby out for a 1/2 hour walk a couple of days of the week so I just don't sit around. I don't think I could handle just sitting. Hopefully, my doctor won't mind me taking the walks.

I will try to post more later when I'm a bit more "rested" and don't fall asleep at the keyboard!

I hope you all had a great weekend!

Lots of love,

Sylvia
Old 09-15-2003, 10:08 PM   #7  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

I'm sorry but this is going to be a real shorty ... just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone ... I will write a longer post later. My sister is in Michigan from California again -- this is such a treat as I don't get to see her much! I also have a new love - I meet with it every nite before bed .. it has even been taking place of my computer - can you imagine that? What is it?? Well, Dick and I got each other a xmas present early ... we got ourselves a portable spa! We can take it apart and bring it downstate with us in November and then back up with us again in the spring. We are loving it so much! It's soooooo relaxing. Im ready to go to sleep now ... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anyways ... I feel bad that I haven't been in to say hello ... I'll address you individually next trip ...

Until then .. take care everyone!

Love, CJ
Old 09-16-2003, 01:04 AM   #8  

OOOOHHHH!!! A portable spa?? How DIVINE!!!

Sylvia, I'm glad you get out at least. It must be nice to get some fresh air! And aren't those 2 hour naps marvelous? {{HUGS}}
Old 09-20-2003, 12:25 AM   #9  

Hey where is everyone?

I see CJ has posted and that is great. My gosh isn't that nice that you are seeing so much of your sister from California. That is great and how wonderful that you guys have a portable spa now. YOU COULDN'T GET IT WHEN WE WERE THERE EH? HA HA Wouldn't that be fun, just think WATER! You know how much I was always was telling you and Dick that I wanted to see the WATER remember? Well that would have been some WATER for me to enjoy. HA HA Glad you are doing great and thanks for taking the time to post and let us know how things are going for you.

And Sylvia, that is great that you get to take a 2 hour nap to help you get some much deserved rest. That is so important to take some time out for yourself and you have such a sweet husband for helping you out. That cute little boy seems to be growing so far from what I can tell from his pictures.

Hi Desiree, hope things are going great for you. You must be getting close to having you baby soon eh? Pretty soon you will be having that little bundle of joy and I can't wait and I know you can't that's for sure.

Well guys, better be going almost time for beddy bye. Tomorrow we are going to a car show in downtown Columbus, called Hot Rods And Rock And Roll. Ken is going to show his new classic car he got off E-Bay. It is a yellow 1966 Charger that is his pride and joy. So now sometimes we take the car to local car shows and bring our lawn chairs and spend the day there talking to other people that own and show their cars. He loves his new car and if it keeps him happy than I say great. So I will talk to you guys later and everyone have a wonderful weekend.

Love you, Sassy Sharon

Old 09-21-2003, 05:53 PM   #10  

Yes, I am at 34 weeks as of tomorrow. I still have some things I need to get done around here, especially getting my hospital bag packed!

How did the car show go, Sharon?
Old 09-22-2003, 09:46 AM   #11  

Default CJ

Hi Desiree,
Oh the car show went great. Ken sat at the rear of his car along with the hundreds of other car buffs and people we know would come by and say "So Ken you finally got your classic car" and he would tell him he got it off E-Bay and they would ask him questions about the car ect and he was so very happy just being there. Me I could care less about cars and would just see who I knew there to talk to. LOL The main street towntown was full of cars and there were stands there selling all kinds of stuff. At night they had a great band playing oldies and it was so much fun. I really enjoyed it, even if I am not into the car scene. Just spending time with my husband and seeing him so happy was enough for me. Thanks so much for asking Desiree.

Yes, you had better get your bags packed for the hospital just inc case. I am anxiously awaiting your baby's birth and can't wait till you post telling us you had the baby.

Hey were is everyone? CJ, come on back, you promised us another post. We want to hear how you are doing. Sylvia? Judy? And where did Jello go anyways? Hey Jo, you out there? Post and let us know how you are doing. KimV? Synger? Mary Kay? Julie????? Come on guys we miss you!

Hope to hear from more Thinsters soon!

Love you's, Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 09-22-2003 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-22-2003, 01:51 PM   #12  
Conquering with SBD

Default Hi

Hi everyone!

I'm back. It's been, let's see.... Something over a year since I have posted anything to this site. It's also been a crazy year. So much happening, too little time to myself. The bad part was a 20 pound gain.

But it's time and I am determined to lose that 20 pounds before Christmas.

I am hoping to get caught up on all your activities and meet the new people who have joined while I was AWOL. Hope everyone is doing well.

Take care.

Last edited by sweet tooth; 09-22-2003 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-24-2003, 02:32 AM   #13  

Hello Ladies!

I hope you are all doing well. Popping in for a quick hello...the baby just went to sleep after a colic filled afternoon.

I'm hanging in there...trying to get used to surviving without sleep and a baby that doesn't sleep as well. I do manage to get some exercise when I put him in his carrier and go for a walk, I also put him in his stroller and go for a walk but he prefers the carrier.

I go to the doctor on the 10th so hopefully, I will be able to go back to Curves after that, I really miss going there and having some time for myself. I'm lucky that my husband understands that and is willing to watch the baby. Like I've said before, I need to get healthy so that I can set an example for my son and watch him grow up and be able to run after him.

Sassy- How was the car show? A Charger...your husband must be a Mopar man! Marcel is a Mopar man....he has 3 Dodge Challengers. I, like you, am not into the whole car thing. It is fun to go and see all the different cars but they all "look" the same after a while.

CJ- Now we know why you haven't been posting...you're out in the spa! Sure, rub it in!

Desiree-Wow, you only have 6 weeks to go!! If you don't have that bag packed yet, you better hurry cuz you never know!

Sweet Tooh- Welcome back!!! It' always nice to see "old" faces in here!

Judy- I hope you are doing well. Are you still going to Curves?

Jo- Where did you go? Please come back and post...we miss you! Hope you are feeling better!

I know that it's a bit early for this(except for CJ who is probably done with her Christmas shopping) but I was wondering...would any of you like to exchange Holiday/Christmas cards? I actually bought my Christmas cards today and am getting my list ready and thought it would be nice to send it to my Thinster sisters!!! Just let me know or you can e-mail me at [email protected] with your mailing address if you are interested.

Take Care-

Sylvia
Old 09-24-2003, 09:11 AM   #14  

Default WELCOME BACK PEGGY/sweet tooth!

Hip Hip Hooray, our own little sweet tooth has come back to the fold. I am so glad you have come back to us Peggy. I missed you and always loved your posts with us. You were like a breath of fresh air in our group. How are things going with you? Oh please don't worry about the gain, I myself have gained some of my weight back and am trying to get back to where I was on Weight Watchers. It will come off with the support, encouragement and motivation from the Thinsters. If I remember right you are quite the traveler and if you are anything like me I just don't do well when I travel food decision wise. But Sunday Ken and I are meeting our daughter Tracy and her new husband in Orlando so that will be a challenge for me. We will see what happens.

Hey Sylvia, so you are the sleepless one lately eh? Believe me after raising 4 kids how well I remember those days. But soon he will be sleeping through the night and you will only have to get up occationally. That will be when you hear such things as "I want a drink of water" or even better "I don't feel so good and I think I am going to throw up". Yes that is the greatest line of all and 9 times out of ten they do and usually I didn't manage to get them to the bathroom and in time and what a mess. HA HA But I can smile about it now and say I paid my dues. LOL Mothers I tell you, there is nothing like them and they will remember all you did for them when they grow up and there is a special bond too like fathers between a mother and her child. Yes Ken is a Mopar fan big time, in fact there is no Mopar club in Columbus, but there is one in Indy and Ken met the president of that last week and was invited to join so it looks like we will be going to Indianapolis soon. Wow 3 Challengers, I dare not tell my husband about it or he will be trying to get a couple more cars. LOL If I know your husband he really loves them like mine loves his car. It is a guy thing don't you think? I know you can't wait to get back to curves can you? I don't blaime you for that. Hey Sylvia, I want to exchange Christmas cards count me in. Here are the facts! Sharon Scobel 3551 Briar Ridge Way, Columbus, Indiana 47203. I can't wait to do this. Christmas will be here before you know it.

Take care guys and remember to post when you have a few minutes. Love you guys, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 09-24-2003 at 09:16 AM.
Old 09-24-2003, 04:48 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone!

Well, I didn't realize it had been sooo long since I posted. I've been a little down lately (should say a lot down). I've been gaining again, and that's been depressing me (back up to 191 after getting down to 182). And it's only taken less than a month to gain. I know some of it was Hannah's 2 birthday parties. I also know it's stress. I eat when I'm stressed. My downfall is ice cream. I can easily put away one of those little pints in no time, and I was going through one of those a day every day for about 2 week. Then there is my marriage, problems at work, and with my best friend. Stuff I can't talk about, but feel like if I don't I'm going to explode, so I run out and buy more ice cream, or cookies. Or I just eat whatever I find in the house.

I know this is short, but got to go pick up Hannah from daycare. My computer is so slow, I stopped at the library and got online that way.

Talk to you later,

Kim
Closed Thread