Old 06-11-2017, 11:03 PM   #1  

Default Beginning again and looking for some support

Hi everyone,

My name is Heather and I am 28 years old. About four years ago I was on this site and found a lot of great support while I was on my journey of weight loss. During that time I managed to really change the way I ate and fell in love with exercising and had lost 50 lbs.

I am not sure how it happened but the pounds slowly started to come back on and now four years later I've gained back that 50lbs and gained 12 more

I can tell that the weight is taking a big toll on my body. I am only 28 and I have arthritis, gerd, and not to mention my hormones are all out of wack. Which doesn't help the progress of starting a family with my husband.

I've tried starting back several times but this time feels different. When I talk to my husband about starting again he doesn't even believe I will eve try. It's like he thinks I'll fail before I even have begun. That was a really painful thing to feel. Like I've lost before I even began the race.

I am ready to get back into changing my life style. I was looking at this picture on Pinterest about how loosing weight effects your body. It really kind of woke me up about how I want to feel. I want to be able to go a whole day without arthritis pain. I want to be able to go ona cruise and see the shore excursions and not worry if I am too heavy to participate or will I be able to walk that far or swim that long. I want more things in life then being this over weight slow me down.

My starting weight is 312 and I'll post a before picture soon. I would love to find a weight loss buddy or a few people I can talk to about this. It helped me a lot the first time around. I am even thinking of maybe some challenges I could start to get me motivated.

Thanks for reading!!!
Heathersgoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 11:48 PM   #2  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Hi,

It is great that you are looking to make a change. In my experience, it is a lot of hard work and there are no quick fixes. I have been maintaining a 250 pound weight loss for about 3-4 years. It took me 10+ years to lose it, and I worked my *** off. It was not so much the food and exercise, it was my brain that had to go through the biggest change. My own experience is that weight loss is about self care. Not just taking care of yourself, but truly caring about yourself. It is a lot tougher than the media makes it seem. Oh just buy this or do this... I wish!!! I wish you love and strength on your journey.

Dee aka active adventurer
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Hi - welcome back ...
Have you tried worked out a plan for how your going to loose the weight

I'd suggest tracking your food with a calorie counter- my fitness pal has a pretty good app where you track what you eat - also they have a calorie counter calculator that works out how many calories you should eat to lose weight

All the best with your journey
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back Heather!
When you have time would you please share what you learned on Pintrest?

Active Adventurer your words are wise and oh so true.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:01 PM   #5  

Thank you everyone for the introductions. It made me smile to see a few people reaching out. The first week is always the tuffiest. I did download the MyFitnessPal app on my phone and tracked my food for today. In the past where I've tried to eat better I always tracked. It's when I stop tracking that the lbs start coming back.

I've had a good day today so far have stayed within my calories. Hunger and cravings are going crazy right now.

@ubee. If you google what happens to your body when you loose fat. There is an image of an overweight woman and it said things like migraines are reduced, gout reduced, and so many other health issues are reduced.

How was everyone else's day?
Old 06-15-2017, 12:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 340/220/170

Height: 5'7

I'm jumping back on the wagon after regaining twenty pounds of the 135 I lost. It really is starting over but you can do this, especially since you already did it once! The first week is definitely the hardest - for me, MFP is key.

My day is great, how's yours?
marmar09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:49 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmar09 View Post
I'm jumping back on the wagon after regaining twenty pounds of the 135 I lost. It really is starting over but you can do this, especially since you already did it once! The first week is definitely the hardest - for me, MFP is key.

My day is great, how's yours?

On day five of my first week. I've stayed slightly under my calories so far every day. I am still having cravings but no headaches like the first two days. Also not feeling like I am starving every second anymore.

Of course I've had some temptations. First day of my diet my boss brings donuts for the Monday meetings. Second day one of our vendors brings us donuts and another brings cake pops. Then we win an ice cream party. Lmao!!!

Everyday I am feeling more and more confident I am going to stick to this.

I know it's only week one but I am still excited to start seeing some progress on the scale.

I remind myself that it took 28 years to get this heavy. It will take some time to loose it.

Last edited by Heathersgoals; 06-16-2017 at 09:50 AM.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:01 AM   #8  
Natasha

S/C/G: 335/272.2/250

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back Heather!!

I was in your shoes in Jan. Regained my 50lb weight loss and then some. I started at 335. I 2nd the My Fitness Pal. It has helped me keep track of my calorie goals and I join challenges there (and here) all the time. You can add me there if you like fupthesides is my user name on MFP. You can do this. Just remember to take it slow and this is just as mental as it is physical. If you need someone to talk to we are all here. ((Hugs))
ichoose2believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 01:48 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/309/170

Height: 5'5"

Hi Heather,

I feel the same as you. My weight is 309 and no matter what I do I can't seem to get under 300. Since you have lost weight before I look forward to any advice you can give. I am booked for a cruise this December and know how you feel about finding an excursion, the friend I am going with didn't even know they had weight limits because they are something she never had to be concerned with, and here I am worried I'm going to sink the boat they take us snorkeling on because it has a weight limit of 250...

I am looking forward to not having to go through this struggle alone anymore.

Dawn
megalodawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 350/292/140

Height: 5f 7

Hi my starting weight was 350 I am 311 as of today

Hope you are doing ok hun? xxxx
topsy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

dawn, don't give up...it took me almost a year to get back under 300.
The months are going to pass whether you are working at it or not.
Don't give up
Just keep moving
sweetcakes736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:43 AM   #12  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

I would like to add....PLEASE do not allow your husband's negativity toward your efforts to define who you are in your own mind. This journey is hard without the negative outside forces, so ultimately, it is up to us to keep positive in our own minds and determination. Yes, it's always a good feeling to lose weight to prove someone wrong, but doing it because you believe in yourself is more powerful. Just know that you CAN be successful at this despite what anyone else says or thinks...and that is worth more than proving someone wrong. Also know that you are NOT alone, and this site is a wonderful place for you to come when you feel you don't have local support. There have been times I have wanted to give up and eat "whatever," but I would make myself come here first and read success stories. That one simple act would literally change my mind on the "giving in," and I would get my tennis shoes on and get on the treadmill...just from the motivation seen on this web site. Reading the before and after stories has always been a good place for me to go when feeling like I couldn't make it. We've got your back because we understand where you are. Looking forward to reading of your success in the future!

Last edited by RitzyFritz; 07-11-2017 at 05:48 AM.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:34 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/195

Height: 5'8"

Hi Heather! Welcome!

I completely understand where you are coming from. I've lost and regained (plus a little extra) many times over the past 12 years or so. About 5 years ago I dropped 45 pounds and then I went to graduate school and regained plus 30 extra. I feel so frustrated sometimes that I have to lose so much just to get into the 250's. My husband is also pretty negative about diets and exercise, because I've done it before and then gave up. Luckily, I ignore him

You can totally do this! There are lots of great resources here, and sometimes it's nice to just chat with other people on their weight loss journey.
OrionNebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:42 PM   #14  

Default Don't quite know how all this works but I saw this 300+

I was hoping to find someone to help me out on Wahls paleo plus. Is anyone here doing it? I'm just getting started - 1 week in but I'm thinking it may be the right diet for me at least I'm not having any cravings for noncompliant foods. If that continues, hopefully I will stick to it. Most of my diets in the past have failed and all have failed in the long term. So sorry it looks like I'm responding to someone's post - I just don't know how to go about this.
kmarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:52 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

kmarx maybe you could start a new thread here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...arb-diets-227/ and see if there are others. Welcome and good luck.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote