South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-05-2017, 06:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default The week of June 5th - June 9th

Looks like a wet week here. How about your neck of the woods?
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 06:55 AM   #2  

LOL two days in a row last in first one back. I know the chicks are off and running already. It's nice having Mondays off although I do miss a lot of activities on Saturdays.

Rainy week here. Nothing on the agenda except buying a light bulb at Home Depot. Hopefully there will be a break in the rain so I can change the fluttering light bulb above the garage. Looks like a disco at night. Nothing else planned. Just trying not to worry too much about my son this week. I did over due it on Kind granola before bed last night. I knew I should have jus gone to bed, but some habits die hard. At least I was down .6 this morning. Last week's indulgence gain is gone, now to get to my goal for the month.

Stay dry chicks.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning!

We are also supposed to get rain all week. In fact it is very gloomy right now. I ate steak yesterday for lunch and dinner and I paid the consequences at night... I had a terrible sleep, been awake since 4am

Dh, took DS2 to swim team, can you believe they schedule his practices at 6:30am M-F, so much for Summer sleeping, poor boy was so sleepy this morning. No much to do today except cleaning and doing laundry.

I also, need to call the doctor and see if I can get an appointment today. I been having a calf pain since 2 weeks ago, at first I though the muscle was sore from exercise, but the pain won't go away and it is only in my left calf. Lately, I just keep getting pain this weird pains all over, I just hope this is not also arthritis like the my right knee

Have a good Monday!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:37 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is foggy here but it stopped raining so I did my morning walk outside. Most of this week will be wfh which is good. I have finally let my finger stay out of dressing, still swollen but it is starting to look a bit better. my left top palm is still swollen from wasp sting so started taking allergy medicine to see if that would help. I have several conference calls and then I need to go run and get my mammo record from last year as my hospital is doing them again and I have an appt on Friday to get it done. Also waiting on Orthopedic surgeon's office to call and schedule follow up appt for arm.

Jekel I will have to run and get some meat tenderizer I don't have any in the house to see if that will help. Tom is about to arrive and my eating choices have not been good and the scale is up going to try and make it through the day with all good choices.

Have a great day everyone!

Isa I always say getting old stinks, pains that would never bother you before start acting up. Hope it is just something minor for you.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Jennifer - way to go on the .6! Stay busy Jennifer, anything to help the time go faster.
Isa - getting old stinks, I say all the time it feels like my body rejects exercise.
PearlRose - hope the arm is feeling okay

I was a good girl, I planned out 7 sbd dinners for the week, went grocery shopping and I'm ready to focus and lose 10 lbs in 4 weeks. I know it's aggressive but I do better with a challenge.

I had a really fun weekend - went golfing on saturday, then yesterday we took the jet ski's and met some friends for crabs at a restaurant on the river. One crab is only 18 calories I had 4 and considered it my snack.

Today is supposed to be stormy, and it looks like it's cooling down to the mid-60's this week.

I started my new exercise schedule today and just did a 30 hiit on the cycle. Phew doggie! She was supposed to do 8 pushes, she did 9, and I made it through 7. When I saw my heart rate was 175 at the end of the rest period and I literally had nothing to give I just sat back and kept pedaling until I could breathe again.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:36 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I'm at work already. It's slow so far. I hope it picks up. Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:59 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Rainy here as well; came home and had to do my workout inside. I am picking up the intensity again since last week I took it easy after being sick.

Jennifer, your life sounds as exciting as mine! lol

Debbie, hope the day picked up for you. I agree, slow days at work are sooooooo tedious.

Isa, getting old definitely stinks! If it's not one thing it's another.

Amy, I've been looking into hiit workouts. One blog I read said your high intensity periods only need to be 20-30 seconds in length as long as you really push yourself to the max. Is that the pattern for yours?

Pearlrose, hope you are feeling better.

Happy Monday, chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 06:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 263/214/157

Height: 5'2"

Good morning chicks,

Rain here in Ohio too. Good for the garden at least. I have a long day at work today. I have to work 10 hours. I am just getting back to exercise after I injured my knee a month ago. Isa I hope your leg is OK. I really need to get serious about planning meals again. I tend to wait till I am hungry and then try to decide what to eat. Have a great day everyone!
Ohio Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:16 AM   #9  

Good morning!

Beth - yes, the hiit "push" I do is 30 seconds. It's essentially 8 push sets - so for 30 minutes it's a warm up, then a push will be on for 30 seconds off for 30 seconds or a minute for 3 times, then a little rest - 8 times, and a cool down. It's fast and it's over quickly, and I push myself just before the point of feeling like I'm going to be sick. I'm not able to do all 8 sets, I wear a heart rate monitor and when I was dying and my heart rate was at the max when the next 30 seconds came I just kept pedaling at normal pace until I was able to join back in. I ended up burning 2800 calories yesterday when I'm usually at 2300 to 2400, even though the actual exercise burned about 350. You're only supposed to do it a max of 3 times a week. So today will be weights for me.

Ohio - I tend to eat one of 2 things for breakfast and lunch, then I write down a week in advance for dinner and go out and get all the ingredients. It makes life way easier.

The kids are absolutely fine with the sbd dinners. My son never liked white rice anyway, so they both prefer the brown rice or couscous or whatever. And I just make a bigger recipe so while I eat 4 or 5 oz of meat and measure, they can just eat how much they want. Neither seems to mind we don't eat potatoes at all.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:19 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning chicks,

I went to the doctor yesterday and it looks like I have pulled a muscle he wants me to be out of my feet most of the time for 1 or 2 weeks so the muscle be able to heal. This is going to be hard, when I'm doing nothing is when I get all the cravings...I'm afraid to get back to my old mindless eating. I'm going to have to be super strong and make sure that I stick to my meals.

On another note, this is my 3rd week of no bad/processed carbs, grains, dairy or added sugars or artificial sweeteners. I am feel like I have more energy, I can focus more and I am more positive. I also have no craving for sweets anymore, I do get cravings for homemade bread and cheese. This type of eating is hard not because of what you are not eating but because most of the foods have hidden sweets and bad oils and you have to read labels in everything very careful, I am so afraid of eating out. Any how the only reason I decided to do this was because of my arthritis inflammation and that is the only thing I haven't noticed a difference I read that you are supposed to start noticing that in the 3rd week so will see.

Have a nice Tuesday ladies!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:33 AM   #11  

Isa - it took me a few months, but I noticed the inflammation in my shoulder really went down. Research foods for inflammation, I try and eat blueberries every morning.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:15 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is a beautiful day here and will only get to low 80s. I might try and tackle finishing the deck railings later this afternoon. Yesterday after work went and got my mammo record and got a pedi and DD2 got a mani. Today is wfh but do have presentation to give but it has only taken about 30 minutes and this is 3rd one and only have one more left. Hand swelling is down about 50% percent so I am thinking it should be almost back to normal by tomorrow. I made it through yesterday with all good food choices on to day 2

Isa sorry to hear about your leg muscle, you could do upper body exercises sitting down. I think Blueberries, blackberries and Omega 3 are good for inflammation.

Amy I used to do Hiit I just called it interval training lol. I need to get back to it, what I used to do was 2 minutes rest, 1 minute hard- 6 cycles. I backed off it when I started having back issues but will have to figure out how to do it without jarring motion

Debbie hope work picked up for you, I prefer busy to slow.

Beth you must be on count down to end of school.

Ruth hope the wedding planning is going good

Cindy I tend to figure out what I am going to eat for dinner during the day but I shop to have good choices on hand.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 04:23 PM   #13  

Supper time check in. I feel like I am an early bird special. LOL Lately I have been hungry when I get home from work, so rather than snack I just eat dinner.

Cindy I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch most days. Although lunch is seasonal (winter/fall soup and a hard boiled egg Spring summer salad and a hard boiled egg) It is just me so dinner lately has been frozen meals either previously made crock pot meals or WW Smart made meals or grainful. I like them because they are all natural. I actually predict my weekly grocery bill as it always seems to be the same.

Amy glad the pain turned out to be a pulled muscle. Maybe you could swim as cardio until it heals.

Msgooch HIIT is great for improving your cardio too. I did a lot of HIIT indoor cycling this winter. I've noticed a big improvement in outdoor cycling this year. My legs seems stronger and I rarely use the small chain ring on my bike.

Pearlrose be careful finishing the deck please!!!!! Glad your finger is almost healed.

Debbie I'm in agreement with everyone, I prefer a busy day at work to pass the time.

Beth glad your life is exciting as mine. I thought I was the only one lol. Bet you are counting down the days this month.

Today was a full day of administrative BS (sorry but it really was lol). If only typing would count towards my daily step goal, I would be in the millions. I have been resisting giving in to a Chinese food craving I have had for weeks! I'm sure hormones are the culprit.

Back to my salad LOL. Enjoy your evening.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:45 PM   #14  

Hey, chicks! We are having one last day of cold rainy yuck before we get some sun and warmth. We have low 50's today but over the weekend we are supposed to finally get up to 80! In a way it is easier on the kids to be in school when it is cool and rainy but I will be excited to finally get some better weather. Yes, I am counting the days, partly to get done and partly because I am worrying about the state test next week.

Jennifer, our main office secretary just got one of those adjustable standing desks. I think if I ever worked a desk job I would have to get one too. Often I grade papers standing up at a counter in my classroom.

Pearlrose, glad the hand is getting better. Did you get to paint?

Amy, thanks for the hiit info. I need to look for some new activities I can do even as I get older.

Isa, like Jennifer I stay pretty constant with breakfast and lunch. For dinner I think of 3-4 meals and make sure to shop for the recipe items. Then I can pick which one I want which day. I hate coming home from work and not having a plan.

Have a good evening.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:50 PM   #15  

Jennifer, I have made stir fry a few times recently. I just get a frozen veggie mix, use chicken, maybe canned bean sprouts and water chestnuts and some LS bottled sauce. Not quite the same as take out but close!