South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-03-2017, 08:23 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default First weekend in June (3-4)

Good morning chicks! We have sunshine so I am off on a walk with DH soon! Maybe I will also get some garden time in.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 08:59 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We have sunshine as well, there might be a storm later. I am going to try and tackle cleaning the deck again today, DS is coming to help. I did get MRI results yesterday, not good news, I have a partial tear of a ligament so now I have referral to orthopedic surgeon for next steps. Hoping something can be done with out surgery.

Beth have fun on your walk

Welcome back Ohio Dreamer!

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Pearl - sorry to hear about the tear. I tore my rotator cuff and bicep tendon.

I'm back from my trip to SC. I made sure to get up every morning and walk for an hour on the beach. I'm up .8, but I do think it's just travel/water weight.

I have just slacked way to much in May, so I'm making a big goal to lose 10 lbs in 4 weeks. I have a new workout schedule, I don't have to travel this month so I'm rededicating myself to my own weight loss. Everyone else will just have to deal with it.

I plan on golfing today, boating tomorrow and come Monday - watch out - lol.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:10 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Rose, I am sorry to hear about your shoulder. I hope your dad gets cleaned. That will be a nice project to cross off the list.

Amy, good job on rededication!

Beth, thanks for getting us started this weekend. Hope you have a nice walk and get some gardening in today!

My friend and I left early and I am already back home. Going to try to tackle the new garden bed today. I need to rototill the old dirt put some compost in with it then cover with topsoil. That should take up the day. Back to work tomorrow.
My friend and I left early and I am already back home. Going to try to tackle the new garden bed today. I need to rototill the old dirt put some compost in with it then cover with topsoil. That should take up the day. Back to work tomorrow.

Have a great Saturday everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Another lunchtime check in.....

Pearlrose sorry not the results you were hoping for. Glad they were able to see what is causing your pain though.

Beth I haven't gone for a morning walk in ages. Enjoy!

Amy great job .8 is nothing in the great scheme of things. You will lose that and even more!

Debbie sounds like you have a great plan for your next project.

Not much going on here. It is beautiful out and I'm at work UGH. I'm not sure if Joe is coming down tonight or tomorrow. I actually wouldn't mind a weekend to myself as I did a lot of running around. Truthfully heard way too much complaining from others in my life this week that I could use a break lol. Food choices have been great since Wednesday and the scale is swooshing away the damage quite nicely.

Only 31 days until I get to see my son. I got a great letter from him yesterday. Today is his official qualification at the range. Hoping he gets the expert marksman award. His letter was very funny. He wrote about a game the drill sergeant challenged him to. Well lets just say the prize was 448 sit ups. LOL He did all of them and his only complaint was his stomach being sore lol. Yesterday I received his official reception photo (fatigues). He looks very strong and serious. You know darn well his photo in on my desk at work lol.

Speaking of work I should probably get a few more things off my to do list
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 07:22 AM   #6  

Last one in yesterday and first one here today lol. Just sipping my second cup of coffee and getting ready to enjoy the sunshine before it disappears later today. Wishing everyone a great day!
Old 06-04-2017, 07:58 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Jennifer and chicks to come. We also have sunshine this morning that will turn to rain later. I was able to walk and garden yesterday but today groceries and meal prep must come first.

Rose, sorry about the MRI results but at least now you can take steps to deal with it.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:26 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

It's supposed to be a beautiful day but it's still chilly out this morning. Sitting with the dogs and coffee. I had to go to the store to finish some of the ingredients took longer than expected but I'm stocked for the week. Need to make my smoothie then it's off to work. Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:26 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

While cleaning the deck a wasp stung the side of my hand so its a bit swollen right now,my poor hands lol. There was only 2 of them but they kept dive bombing on us while we worked. We did get the deck cleaned and all of the deck painted since it did not rain. I did run out of paint so could not do the railings, though we got the top of it done. I will get some paint and do the railings another day, it supposed to rain today.

Thanks for the well wishes I am glad to know what is going on with my arm hopefully I can get in this week with the referral.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday

Last edited by Pearlrose; 06-04-2017 at 08:27 AM.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 09:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Pearl - ouch! That hurts! Hopefully you can find the nest and get rid of them for good.
Jennifer - I have a feeling you will be amazed at how much your son has matured when you see him again. 448 sit ups? I can't imagine that "sore" would be the word I'd use after that! I don't know if I could do 1!

I managed to gain ANOTHER .8 this morning. What the heck?

Today is an off day for me, the rain comes tomorrow so today we're going boating. I'm anxiously and nervously waiting - S is supposed to hear from HR tomorrow on his job offer. I expect it will be fine, but you don't know until you know. I'd like to get him off of our insurance, but he takes some really expensive drugs for his migraines. Our prescription coverage is really good, so we need to compare for his sake.

Enjoy the day today everyone!
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 11:50 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 263/214/157

Height: 5'2"

Good morning chicks,

Woke up to a minor kitchen disaster. The upright freezer had so much frost built up the door didn't seal right. It was just starting to thaw things on the top shelf which is where I store bread. Now freezer is defrosted and back in business. It was a job that needed done but I hadn't planned to do it this morning! We got our camper cleaned and packed except for our clothing and perishable food yesterday. It has been a busy but productive weekend. While defrosting the freezer I set out a package of brats for DH to grill for dinner. I think I will make some coleslaw to go with the brats and just toss a salad together for lunch.
Ohio Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 03:51 PM   #12  

Today's ride did not start off very well. On Sundays the Bronx River Parkway is closed in both directions for pedestrians (bikes, walkers, in-line skating etc). Well I got there early and decided to take the bike path until the parkway was closed. HUGE mistake. The path was VERY narrow, lots of mud and not paved in sections. The rocks, mud and such are not good for skinny road bike tires. There are a few bridges you go under with a warning "low clearance." The sign should say dismount or risk decapitation!!! I managed to make myself small enough to keep my head on but the short steep climb that followed with a rolling down hill glass bottle did me in. Falling was the better option over changing a flat. Oh ladies the profanity that came out of my mouth rivaled Ralphie in a Christmas Story (hope you have seen the movie lol) Then the path ended with a large concrete staircase and no signage on how to get to the next section. Thankfully I worked in Scarsdale in college and found my way to the parkway. Waited 10 minutes there for it to open. I did magage 23 miles before the weather started looking doubtful. With the way my ride started I decided to call it a day. Motrin and an afternoon nap are in my forecast. I'm sure the bruises will come tomorrow. LOL the things I don't do to maintain my weightloss.

OhioDreamer where are you going camping? Glad the freezer incident wasn't too severe.

Pearlrose I hate WASPS and yellow jacket!!! You poor thing. Hope your hand feels better. Meat tenderizer works really well on stings to get the toxins out.

Amy keeping my fingers crossed for DS. I cancelled my DS's insurance (what a savings for me).

Debbie I hope work isn't too busy and you get to enjoy some of the day.

Time to get a book and a blanket. It's pretty dreary here. Have a great day!