Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-17-2017, 11:00 PM   #1  

Red face At a cross-roads...

Hello, I'm a newbie, and I stumbled upon this site by accident...or maybe not...

I have been overweight my entire life, and at age 49, I now find myself heavier than ever, with about 110 lbs to lose...and I am at a crisis point...

At this age, my body just cannot tolerate the extra burden, as well as it did when I was younger. And I am now suffering with various aches and pains - lower back, hips, knees, and my feet...

It is no longer simply about the way I look, as when I was young. Now it is also about how I FEEL and my MOBILITY. I am SO sick and tired of HURTING, and of not being able to do certain things which I want to do and need to do, or even not being able to do them easily. I can no longer afford to shove my weight issue aside...

At this point, I have definitely reached a cross-roads in my journey...

Last edited by UmbrellaGirl; 05-17-2017 at 11:00 PM.
UmbrellaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:49 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195.6/185.2/135.9

Height: 5'4"

Welcome UmbrellaGirl! You can start off my asking your doctor what they recommend to lose weight. Or you can go online and do some research. Maybe try going to the forum on this site and read about the successful people and try to find out how they lost the weight. Everyone is different and have different ways of losing weight that works for their lifestyle. I wish you all the luck and success in your journey!
yazzyfresh22 is offline   Reply With Quote