South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-08-2017, 08:21 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default South Beach Weekly Chat May 8 to May 12

Good morning,

I guess everyone is sleeping in. Another sunny day here, I am starting from home but going in for a late afternoon meeting that I am facilitating. Nothing on the agenda this evening other than maybe trying to get a walk in after dinner.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:08 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. I am off to a 9:30 Mill "crisis" meeting and it's snowing!! I knew I should have left the snow tires on! Back later.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning,

I had a busy morning today, wake up at 5:45am took DS2 to school at 7:15am, then drop husband at the airport and finally drop DS1 at middle school. Now I'm home getting ready, I have my annual mammogram at 10:30am. I don't have much to do in the afternoon other than swim team for DS2.

I think I got back on this eating plan about a month ago and I have managed to gain a lose the same two pounds I don't need to maintain, I really need to get my head in the right place if I want to lose 70lbs. I meal planned my lunches for the 1st week and did great, but then I slacked for the following week. Last week my cravings were crazy and I gave up on Saturday and have a chocolate bar, now I can stop thinking about chocolates and doesn't help that I'm on my shark week. I don't know why is so hard for me this time around, but I need to find a balance, kids are starting Summer vacation at the end of this month. This means I will be cooking more than normal, so I need to have this mindless eating under control. This week I'm just going to take one day at a time.

Ruth, I hope the meeting went well.

Have a nice day everyone.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:06 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon, chicks.

Ruth, we also had a dusting of that white stuff this morning. Yuck! At least I got to try out the remote starter on my new wheels. I keep telling myself that last year DS1's graduation was May 15 and there were snow flurries, 10 days later we started a summer of record breaking heat and drought. Maybe this year we can hit the happy medium??

Pearlrose, hope you had a productive meeting and got to take your walk.

Isa, isn't it funny how sometimes you are in the groove with eating and other times not? Hope you can find the right state of mind to get back on track. Cooking is usually safer than eating out or prepared food but maybe not with the kids. Sometimes I try gum, SF mints or just lots of tooth brushing to get my mindless eating under control.

Nothing special here today, other than the lousy weather. I've got some paperwork to do after dinner. I know this month will fly by as we approach the end of the school year plus I've got 2 days of workshops to go to this month. Seems like I've been to a lot of them this year!

Have a great evening, chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Afternoon everyone another fun filled day of errands and to dos before leaving tomorrow. I just have a few odds and ends but am in good shape for getting everything done.

Pearlrose glad the weather has improved for you!

Beth I love my remote start. Hope the snow passes quickly and please don't send it downstate lol.

Ruth hope the crisis at the mill wasn't too daunting.

Isa I actually do better when my day is packed. It's the evening when I have my issues. I stil struggle with mindless eating (usually stress and shark week never heard it called that before. Very funny!) When I know I am going to go off the deep end so to speak I make sure the bad choice I make is still better than previous bad habit. Instead of a pint of ice cream I'll have a pint of Arctic Zero (only 150 calories in the entire container). Wheat thins and Triscuts (my angry stress snack) have been replaced by Nut Thins. Some days even weeks are better than others. It doesn't matter how many time we stray and come back. What's important is we keep coming back. It's a never ending journey but it does get more routine over time.

I'll try and check in, even if just to read posts. I am purposely leaving my ipad at home. Trying to decompress this week.

Enjoy!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:47 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Sure will be glad when life settles down and I can get real stuff done. The Mill crisis is resolved. We (not me) hired four summer staff but got funding for only one! This is going to be a rough summer for us with lots of volunteer support needed for dealing with the influx of tourists.

Today will be another rough day. Luckily I managed to get a chicken and veggie crockpot recipe going this a.m. I am going with B to his bloodwork appointment - big baby! - and then will tackle to ongoing sort/pitch/donate situation at his apartment. Luckily there is a yard sale happening this weekend - rain is also predicted, alas. We won't be working the sale as we have a local wedding to attend. No way I can work a yard sale all day and then be the sweet and friendly clegyman's lady at a wedding reception.

Been being more careful with meals lately. B is a carb addict who wants potatoes/rice/pasta at every meal with dessert for sure. So far I am holding the line. He also "snacks" on jelly beans and chocolate bars! He is healthy as a horse. No fair! I will survive.

Carry on, Chickies. This too shall pass!
Old 05-09-2017, 08:55 AM   #7  

Good morning,

It is going to be in the 80s today, wow trying not to turn A/C on we shall see. Hard to believe but DD2 gets out of school on the 19th. My work schedule has been super busy and have been going into work a lot lately, this week trying to keep it at 3 days, though they tried to get me in today but I asked for a phone call. The one route is still closed and not because there is water on the road but because they need to inspect and still haven't done urrgggh. I did get my walk in yesterday, 3 miles and did yoga this morning needed that.

Isla, you cracked me up "Shark week" never heard that before. I find like Jekel if I keep myself busy I don't do mindless snacking but if I am bored or stressed I tend to reach. I did order some almond meal crackers that are delicious off of Thrive market and if I need something I will those with some cheese. You might check out Elena's pantry to get some snack choices and desserts that are on plan to help you get through it.

Ruth I do feel for you, having someone around who is a carb addict is hard to stay on track, the only thing that helps me is when I am on track I don't crave them but if I fall off then there are all those choices in the house due to that fact. Only thing that has helped me is to dust myself off and get back on track again but I don't fall off as much as I used hence not gaining the weight I lost back.

Beth the end of the year is such a rush of school activities, sure will keep you busy

Debbie hope life isn't too hectic for you right now

Old 05-09-2017, 09:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

I see we are a bunch of mindless eaters! I know I could just swing by the pantry or fridge and eat without realizing how many calories I was consuming. I do feel like I've comfortably kicked the carb addiction, however sugar has a stronghold on me. I don't really eat it much, and not traditional sweets, but sauces and dips are what I still miss. You don't realize how much sugar you're eating in everything until you aren't eating it at all!

Ruth - my husband and son want meat and potatoes at every dinner. I am fine with that but I like to eat a bit lighter too, if I cook lighter, they're raiding the fridge all night. It's fascinating to watch a healthy weight person who never struggled and how they eat. I often joked that I wanted to follow around a thin person and just eat like they eat.

I've lost back the weight I gained while we were gone, plus a bit extra. Yay me! Today is an off day exercising. I think I'm going to move to a 2 day exercise, 1 day off. I've been exhausting myself and this gives me time to recover.

My daughter leaves tonight for Amsterdam for a week. She's 20 and going with a friend to meet another friend who was doing study abroad. She's traveled quite a bit, but never completely alone like this. I'm sure she'll have a blast, I just want her to be safe as well.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good afternoon chicks,

I went to my orthopedic appointment this morning, he did x-rays on my knee but didn't show anything, so I need to get an MRI. For now he told me I can do lower impact exercises.

Thanks so much for your comments and suggestions. Definitely being home is not helping me, I need to make sure I keep myself busy. Lately I been wasting too much time in the computer. I normally do most of the house work in one day and twice a week. I think I'm going to see if I can spread it out through the week so I can have my morning busy cleaning and going to the gym. Then the afternoon I can do errands, after school activities, and work on my Project life and or crochet. I'm also going to make sure I always have healthy options for snacking so I don't eat the boys ice cream and sweets

Ruth, You just described my husband, he is a total carb addict. The only difference is that he does need to lose weight (15-20lbs) and he also has high triglycerides but he doesn't want to make changes to his diet, according to him he doesn't eat too bad. So he is just sticking to his medicine

Pearlrose, I usually call it "TOM" but my friend calls it shark week and i guess I just use it with out realizing it LOL

smgooch, glad that you weight is back on track!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:33 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks. The rain (and snow) finally stopped! It wasn't really warm today but I took my walk outside which was a nice change. The weekend is supposed to be a bit warmer.

Tomorrow I go to a conference with a colleague. I need to leave super early so tonight I will get myself organized and pack a bunch of snacks. I'm not really sure if lunch is provided so I want to be sure to have stuff to supplement whatever is there.

Pearlrose, we have been ordering bean/lentil pastas from Amazon and they are really good. My DH has always been a carb addict also (aren't we all??) but I've got him hooked on the nut and bean flour products.

Jennifer, I agree, for the most part my splurges are now healthier than before. Have a great time on your ride!

Isa, I think your plan to spread out the cleaning is a good one. I will have to do that during the summer.

Ruth, what a job to clean out a house. I did it for my MIL and now my own parents. It makes me want to come home and purge.

Have a good evening, chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:48 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Work was so slow yesterday with the project right in front of her building. So today instead of working a full day I will open at 5:30 and leave at 10. That means we can head over to Glenwood around noon. We have a few water projects to work on then back later tomorrow, I think. It's been raining here often on for the past three days. Good for all the plants it has been so dry.

Happy peak of the week everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:12 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

My d called about an hour ago, she landed in Amsterdam, changed some money and was headed out. She's so excited! Hubby talked to my son last night - hubby had a 4.5 hr drive last night for an appointment this morning. S is done, school is over and graduation is next week. Phew!

I have a dr's appt this morning. I've been having this chest and diaphragm pain and irritation. I don't think I'm having a heart attack or I would have keeled over by now, but I've been taking nexium, I don't eat anything that would cause indigestion, yet here I am. I need a blood test anyway for my thyroid, cholesterol and vitamin D so I'm not eating - or drinking coffee - until I get back.

I took off exercise yesterday, today it's back on the bike. Tomorrow when hubby is back we'll do weights together again while I learn how to do everything, and I'll do the elliptical. Unfortunately I think I'm getting a bunion so higher impact exercises are bothering my foot.

msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:00 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Good morning from chilly but sunny Delta. No rain in the forecast until the weekend when young friend Amy's wedding is scheduled to be held outside! It is now going to be moved into the Church and I've given them the Mill as a wedding gift for the reception and pictures.

Looks like I'll be doing fly-by posts for a while as things are getting more and more hectic. The good news is that the scale is finally heading the right way. Bruce has been eating supper here every night so there are lots of carbs around but I am managing to avoid them. He has also finally stopped mentioning that I use a smaller plate, do not eat pie, jelly beans or cookies as snacks. (Actually I've never been in the snack habit!)

Today will involve catching up on mail and phone calls, finishing alterations on a concert fancy dress for a singer friend (would you believe six underskirts to shorten?), sending out Fair schoolwork stuff, gathering more yard sale stuff for Saturday's church yard sale .....

Never mind. Getting tired just thinking of it! Bruce just keeps singing "We shall overcome" which is most annoying. It's after 8 so I need to get moving.

Happy peak of the week day!
Old 05-10-2017, 09:15 AM   #14  

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me, I am at work and have several back to back meetings. Another day in the 80s but we might get some rain, I am okay with as long as it's not a lot lol.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:06 AM   #15  

Good morning,

Woke up to soft rain that should hopefully be moving out in an hour or so. I am getting ready to head into work have several meetings on site. Tonight is DD2's last chorus concert for middle school.

Have a great day everyone.