Weight Loss Support - Angel's New Better Body September Challenge

Angel26519
09-01-2003, 11:45 AM
It is September!!!!! We have made it to a new month!

Let's do a review to help us remember what we are here for and also if anyone new would like to join us they know what is going on.

Everyone can do something a little different but we are here to help, support, and encourage everyone.... We have are ups and our downs.... we try to stay up.....

I think we should start off with an introduction of who we are and what are goals are......

I am a newly married (May 3) mother of a 15 & 17 year old (TEENAGE DRIVERS - UGH!!!).... challenging to say the least. Was a single mom for 13 years. I work out of the home although I am on the road alot (in sales). I am very unhappy at the way I look and how little motivation and self discipline that I have had over the past few years. I am looking to change all this.

Name: Ursula.... aka Angel

Short Term Goal: 10# Weight Loss by October 1st.

Long Term Goal: 130- 135#ish

Exercise Routine: Looking at going back to (M-F) 30 min cardio; 30 min Circuit (alternate upper & lower); 10 min stretch
I am also trying to include walking and yoga in with this....

Food Routine: Weight Watchers and South Beach Diet combined a day....

Water: 8-12 glasses a day

Biggest Weakness: FOOD in the evening.... I graze at night when I am tired. I especially crave sweets.

This month I am also going to try to look into the emotional aspects of all of this.... I am rereading the "Make the Connection" by Bob Greene.... I know that there is definetly emotional stuff with all of this and I would like to have help in these areas.....

What I would like to see from everyone else is their starting point.
You can follow what I did above: Name, age, height, weight, size, goals that you have (which dont neccessarily have to be weight related, could be want to walk a mile by 4th of July.... whatever is important to you). Give us a brief introduction and the we can go from there......Anything else you would like to include do so....

I am so glad that all of you are here to help me, encourage me and support me.... THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Angel26519
09-01-2003, 12:00 PM
OK Girls the new thread is started....

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.... you guys were busy with your writing in the past couple of days....

Orange- Hope you are doing well..... How was your weigh in???

Rainbow- What type of novel are you writing.... it seems we have alot of writers on this thread.... I have also written in the past but it has been a long, long time ago.... about 15 years ago.... I have recently been thinking about starting again.... I loved it just went through writes block real bad and bacame discouraged.... then the hubby at the time didnt like me doing it.... let me know what you write I would be very interested as would others on the board......

also those Gingerbread people were adorable.... you are so talented.... I cant even sew a button on... i envy you that talent.

The other Angel- I am so proud of you on your diet.... it is so hard when you do this journey with a guy because it is so easy for them to lose in comparison to us girls..... just know that is so normal and if you are progressing in the right direction then you are doing fine....

Beth- sorry to hear that you have to work today.... hopefully it wont be too bad for you.....

Red- How goes it on the other side of the world.... do you miss the states at all??? Although after 20 years I am sure Toyko is home to you.... I notice that you are also a writer....it looks like you write articles correct? What type?

Sandy- Still missing you.... come home soon.... :)

I have been so sick this weekend... my headaches finally went into a full blown cold.... been sneezing my head off and slept almost all day yesterday.... today I made myself get up and take a shower and move around.... I am determined to do something today.... YUCK!!!!

I went to weigh in on saturday and gained a 1 1/2#.... i am not upset about it becasue I really think all this medicine is making me retain water..... I am feeling bloated....

Anyway, I making my hubby take me to a movie in a little bit so that I can sneeze my way threw it....

Hope everyone else is doing GREAT!!!!!

rainbowmyst
09-01-2003, 02:58 PM
Hello Everyone! I'm checking in for September!

My goals for the month are continuing on the fast and losing whatever I end up losing -- as long as it's consistently downward I'll consider myself blessed.

I'm 5'2" small framed and last time I weighed 185.5 (PMS week)
I'm 49.

I'm the artistic creative type -- so I paint, write, sew, and sing.

To answer Angel's question about the book -- it's kind of a fluke what's going on with that. I wrote this novel for fun and stuck it on a shelf to gather dust. About a year ago, my ex fiance (who I hadn't seen in about twenty years) and I began emailing. Long story why we broke up...don't feel like going into it and it's irrelevant to the issue at hand.

In the process of answering the question, "what have you been doing all this time?" -- I mentioned the book in passing. He asked if he could read it -- so I sent him ten chapters. I had no idea at the time that among his many business deals -- he's done agenting and has contacts in the industry.

Anyway...after reading the ten chapters, he informed me of that and wanted to see the rest because he thinks I've got something wonderful going on...I've been editing and sending him emailed chapters ever since. He's very enthusiastic about the book and a little surprised that I never told him I wrote when we dated. Frankly it never occured to me, because I consider myself a painter. He thinks we can make a fortune together with this novel and wants me to write another. Who knows? Anything is possible in life, I suppose. Most people who read it end up pestering me to send it out -- I actually have "fans". Very weird situation with that novel.

Anyhow -- I tend to procrastinate about this -- mostly because although I am an artist -- I consider myself a visual artist. I just find it surprising that people get so taken with my writing when it was something I just did for kicks.

The book just needs the last 100-150 pages or so "polished". It's about about 750+ pages at the moment. Once I complete that; I'll let my ex fiance do his thing. Whatever happens, happens. I promised him recently that I'd stop dragging my feet and I suppose I really should. I was supposed to start wrapping it up this week but I forgot about the Labor Day holiday. Next Monday for sure.

Rainbowmyst

redballoon
09-01-2003, 04:46 PM
I've found you! Will be back later with my goals for September. :wave:

LKBAngel
09-01-2003, 05:29 PM
Hi all,

I'm new to this thread but would love to join in. I'm always looking for more support.

About Me: My name is Angela, I'm a 30 year old stay-at-home mom of 3 girls (ages 6, 2,1). Have a wonderful husband who takes charge of the kids in the evenings so I can walk. I'm about to launch my own Web design business and feel I can do much better meeting clients if I feel better about myself. I know it will be a great confindence boost to finally shed all this weight. Just lost 10 # and feeling great about that.

Name: Angela...(aka Angie, Angel, or LKBAngel)

Short Term Goal: 15 # weight loss by Oct. 1st

Long Term Goal: 175 lbs (once I reach this goal I'll set another) Size: 12/14 (been there once before and I know I can get back there)

Exercise Routine: Walking 5 days a week, biking 1 day a week, weight training 3 days a week.

Food Routine: Just watching my fat and calorie intake

Water: 100oz or more a day

Biggest Weakness: diet soda, ice cream of any flavor!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!!,
Angela
(or Angel to those on the Jewels Within thread)

sw: 230
cw: 220
gw: 175 (for now)

Angel26519
09-01-2003, 06:54 PM
We now have 3 angels!!!!!

Welcome abouard LKBAngel! We are so glad to have you on board!!!!

Rainbow- Good luck on your book!!!! You do sound so creative!

Hey Red - Glad you found us.... see you soon!

Well I went and saw the movie "The Italian Job".... I thought is was pretty good.... it was fun for me to watch becasue part of it was filmed in Venice and I was just there for my honeymoon in May so it was fun to see stuff on film that I had just seen.... it make me want to go back so much!!!!

Anyway, I am off to lay down for awhile.... this cold has really hit me hard.... i cant stand being sick!!!

Angel26519
09-02-2003, 08:02 AM
OK Tuesday is upon us....

This week is going to be a little crazy for me.... I leave Thursday night for Dallas to spend 3 days frantically redecorating my in laws new house.... FUN- FUN!!!!

I am still not at 100% with this cold thing.... little voice this morning.... lots of work I need to get done since I wont be in on Friday.....

As for the diet plans... hoping to control the eating and only going to do some light exercises this week due to be under the weather....

How is everyone else doing?

redballoon
09-02-2003, 08:37 AM
Hello everyone, I'm psyched for September and a fresh new thread! :spin: Well, since it's an introduction Angel26 wants, here it is! I'm fairly new on this board. I'm single, originally from Pittsburgh, in Tokyo for 20 years, 44, writer, journalist, editor (don't expect me to write well on this board though! this is me downtime!!) I'm currently shoveling Saltines in my face, which is a no-no, of course but I have, I promise, been really good the past couple weeks.

I currently weigh around 68 kg, though I did get in the 67 area recently. I'm only 5 feet 1.5 inches. I train with heavy weights and have gotten back into that too in the past couple weeks and so I expect the weight loss has been slowed by muscle gain. I know I'm losing fat though. I am starting to see my muscles again (just faintly but they are there!) Oh, by the way, 68 kg is about 150 lbs. I don't have a pound scale and I've been here so long I'm totally metric. One kilo is 2.2 lbs.

Well, I had to check back on what my goal for August was (I started halfway through the month I think, maybe earlier, don't know, doesn't matter) and I said I wanted to weigh around 65 kgs I think. Well I didn't get there but it was definitely a Better Body month so I'm considering that a practice start for the real thing (this month!).

So, let's see, I want to break through the 65 kg mark, so UNDER 65 kgs. I don't have to hit it consistently but I do want to see 64.something come up on the scale at some time during the month. Now, this is going to be hard going but I'm going to do it by limiting calories. My problem is always eating TOO much, way too much. I do a lot of exercise, yet have stayed around the 70 kg mark for ages. Actually, where I am now IS an improvement because it was only a couple months ago where I was around 72 kg. But the weight is always around there. It goes up and down and recently was an up time due to lots of down things! 68 is progress but I've seeen that recently and it's way too easy to just go on an eating spree and I can get back up there in NO time flat!

Ok, sorry to hog the board.

Angel, I don't miss the States really much anymore especially now with the Internet. Earlier, it was harder. I would like to get back more often but I am always broke. I haven't been there in 2 years now. This isn't my first foreign country. I lived in Germany and India so it's not as hard the third time around. And I speak the language. I write for an English-language newspaper and a trade magazine in the States, do a lot of horseracing related stories. I write about anything really but tend to like doing interviews with people who are tops in their fields. I also get assignments and those can be about anything. I'm also an editor and that's where most of my money comes from so I don't write that much always. It's very irregular.

Heh, I hope you're feeling better. Sounds like a nasty cold!

rainbowmyst, your book story is fascinating. I wish you success with it. Strange that you shouldn't see your talent in writing but others do. I guess you are just more focused on the visual arts as you said. Still, very interesting.  

LKBAngel, Welcome aboard! Congratulations on your recent weight loss! :cp: I hope we can help you continue on toward your goal. Web design, huh? Also interesting and something I've been thinking of learning. Well, hope to hear from you lots!!

LKBAngel
09-02-2003, 09:32 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Its still raining here this morning, but we need it. The rain let up enough yesterday so that I could get my walk in. I did a little over my usual 1.5 miles, so that felt great. Still drinking my water, by the way I just kicked my soda habit its been a little over a week since I had my last one. Drank 100oz, probably should have been more, at least the bathroom visits are starting to slack off, :)

Wow, sounds like everyones a writer here. Thats great! I'm probably like most people and have dreamed of being a writer, but also like most don't follow through with the dream.

Rainbow~~Putting pen to paper and making words connect in a flow that people relate to is an art itself, I think its absolutely wonderful that you wrote a novel. Sounds like you have a wonderful opportunity here to share what you did with the world, GO FOR IT!! :goodvibes

Red~~Web design has turned out to be my passion, something I actually look forward to doing, rather than just another job. Its great!!

Its great to meet everyone. I'm off to tidy up the house and work on my Web site.

Angel

Angel26519
09-02-2003, 07:03 PM
Hey Everyone!

Just a quick note..... Hope everyone is doing well!

LKB- Way to go on the walk..... that is great that you were able to sneak it in.

Still under the weather here but starting to feel better.... hopefully soon....

rainbowmyst
09-02-2003, 07:28 PM
Hello Everyone!

Sorry that I'm posting short notes these days. Life isn't going well. Today I've a horrible migrane due to TOM. The only thing that works for my headaches is Advil and that just makes TOM worse in terms of flow. So I was told not to take it. As a result, I am lying in bed like a beached whale waiting for the headache to fade. I'll try to catch up posting and the like when I am back among the living.

Hope everyone is doing well on their program!

Rainbowmyst

angel4real
09-03-2003, 12:17 AM
Hello dear ladies,
Wow, i see you have all been busy posting. Imsorry I have not been able to post until now, I have been sooooo busy, I cant remember if Im coming or going once again. Does it ever stop? lol
Its been so long since i have posted my goals that I dont even remember what they were. honestly I cant even remember if I posted any.
My goal is to take it one day at a time, and 1 pound at a time. that's the easiest way for me to do it and think about it. If I think in large numbers it feels as though it will never happen.
Name: Mia.... aka Angel4Real

Age: 34 Height: 5'7" Weight: 206.5 Clothing Size: depends

Short Term Goal: 15# Weight Loss by October 1st.

Long Term Goal: 145-150

Exercise Routine: Curves and Body flex....

Food Routine: Atkins Diet and Im now reading the South Beach Diet book so see which I like better.

Water: 4- 32 Oz bottles of water a day

Biggest Weakness: NACHOS mmmmmmmm

wow we have 3 :angel: :angel: :angel: now. Dont they say that 3 is confirmation. well then if that's true, its confirmation that we are in the right place. I think that is soo cool.

Rainbow, Im sorry that you are feeling under the weather, I hope that you return amongst the living soon. I hate feeling down and under the weather. Im excited about your book for you. what kind of novel is it? Romance ,mystery,????
I love to read! maybe someday I'll be reading your books. :)

LKBAngel. Welcone to our humble group. We have a great group here and I love the support that I get from everybody. Im sure you'll love it here too. This is a great group of women.

ANgel I am still wishing you lots of luck with your In-laws house. i hope you feel better before you go? Do you know what you are going to do to the house yet?

Ok well its after 9 pm here and I still have chores i need to do artound the house before I call it a night.
I hope everyone is doing great,
im off to do my cleaning.

Mia

redballoon
09-03-2003, 08:14 AM
Hi there, glad to see people posting so much. I got drenched in a major downpour over Tokyo on the way home (cycling) from the gym. Holed up under a pedestrian overpass till it let up a bit. It was really pouring and the thunder and lightning was awesome. Some power went out in parts of the city, some trains stopped (they always do from the tracks flooding or switches getting wet). I hear they're still down now, some hours later, and a piece of the Diet building got broken off by lightning. Cool!! And, it cooled things off nicely. It's been hot and humid again lately.

LKBAngel, I'm glad you've found work you like doing. I wish I could. That's really the best thing that can happen to you I think, but maybe it takes going through a lot of unhappy work for some people. That's my hope at least.

Angel26, Hope you're feeling better.

rainbowmyst, I'm worried about you. You sound like you've been having some rough times. I sure hope your headaches get better.

angel4real, good to hear from you again. Don't worry about not posting. We all know how busy things can get and a lot of times you just don't feel like writing. At least, that's what happens to me. Have you been able to work out? This Curves sounds like an interesting concept. I had heard people mentioning it but didn't know it was only for women. I can understand a lot of women not wanting to work out with guys. I, on the other hand, LOVE to work out with the guys, and because, I train heavy, a lot of women probably don't want to work out with me! :joker: Oh well, I see a lot of rifts between people in the gym and the locker room especially. Women with a lot of muscle (it's just before all the Fitness and bodybuilding competitions here and so competitors are getting ripped and really darkly tanned, so they stand out) I think women who don't train heavy are either scared of them or grossed out. But it's sad, because they shouldn't stop at their looks, but get to know them. So often, I'm pleasantly surprised by somebody really groaning through a heavy set of reps and then afterward they're just so friendly and sweet. Well, me too!

People think overweight people are the only ones discriminated against, but oh no, anybody who's different, not a conformist, gets pushed away, mostly through fear I'd guess. Strange thing. You realize it here more so because it's avery homogenous society but I think such attitudes exist everywhere.

I try to make everyone feel welcome in the gym, if they seem at all friendly.

OK, gotta run. Wish you all well!

LKBAngel
09-03-2003, 09:22 AM
Morning Ladies,

I want to add another item too my goals for this month.

I want to be able to do at least 5 push-ups without straining by the end of the month.

Right now I can do one, I strain to get no. 2. Last night I was doing some weight training and as part of my routine I would like to do push-ups, because I hear they are good for your shoulders and upper back muscles. Mine are in terrible shape, I pulled a muscle in my shoulder and it has never been the same, causes numbness in my back. Dr. said its because when the muscle gets aggrevated and swells its pressing on some nerve that causes my back to go numb and tingle. Its not painful unless someone presses on my back on the upper right shoulder, its mostly just annoying, anyway I was told if I can work these muscle and strengthen them then it may help to relieve some of this.

Had to skip my walk so I could watch my niece and nephew, but I still got some exercise so thats a plus! Planning on riding my bike today. Its brand new, I bought it to ride for exercise but never did so its just been sitting there and now it has a flat! Oh well, honey said he would fix it for me so I could ride.

Drank my water like a good girl so all is well there. In fact everything is going pretty good.

All for now,

LKBAngel

PS angel4real~~what you said about the 3 :angel: :angel: :angel: is cool!!

Angel26519
09-03-2003, 10:10 AM
Hello Everyone!!!!

So glad to see everyone so active here lately! It is real inspiring to have so many new posts everytime I come on.....

Well got off the phone with my boss just now and as of December 31st they are restructering everyones pay so I will lose about $600.00 month in income.... now doesnt that just inspire you to want to go out and work all that much harder.....

I have been looking at maybe going to get my real estate licsense and starting this on the side and then eventually going full time with it.....

Red- Dont you just love to watch those thundertorms.... I could just watch them for hours.... hubby is always telling me to come inside before I get zapped.... although it probably isnt as fun to have to be on a bike in one....

Rainbow- I hope TOM is gone soon for you and that you start feeling better.... I cant stand those headaches.... nothing for me to do but go to bed.... nothing really works for me as for medicine either....

Mia - Let me know what you think of South Beach... I have been reading it and am thinking of incoporating it with WW.... I like it better than Atkins becasue it is healthier for you.... I did Atkins a few years back and it messed up my liver and my doctor freaked out on me....she had a fit and made me promise to never do it again....

I know alot of people have great success on Atkins... my dad being one of them.... some people...like me... have problems on it.....

South Beach looks pretty good....

With going to Dallas on Thursday I am not going to start it until I get back......

LKB - Where is Caldwell in relation to Dallas..... well actually Richardson and Plano.... that is where I am going to be This weekend... My inlaws just closed on their house in Richardson yesterday.... and my dear husband has volunteered me to redecorate the entire house for them.... YEAH!!!!

I am going to be sponging (type of painting) one bedroom.... ragging (type of painting) the master bedroom, removing wallpaper and reapplying wallpaper in 3 bathrooms and the kitchen.... we dont know what they want to do in the other 2 bedrooms, livingroom and diningroom..... I should be exhausted by the time this is all done.....

Beth, Debbie and Orange- How are you guys doing????

Well I am off to work because I am so excited about working for less money!!!!! YEAH!!!

losinginillinois
09-03-2003, 11:08 AM
Hello All!

Things have been crazy around here. I have time for a quick post. I am going to eat lunch with ds at school today.

Angel do you have anyone helping you this weekend? I sure hope that dh is coming with you!

Rainbow hope you feel better.

LKB Angel seems like we like to travel in the same circles! Glad to see you here!

Mia sounds like you are doing well.

Red you are much braver then I. I have been terrified of lightening since I was a kid. That is one fear I have never gottne over. I mean I used to be afraid of elevators but I out grew that.

Well as far as diet. I am hanging in here. I am TOM this week also. So I am not expecting to much. I would just like to at least meet my goal this month! My 7th anniversary is Sept. 14th. But I don't think it will happen by then.

Good luck to everyone!

Beth

PyePye9
09-03-2003, 12:28 PM
HI, I am new, even to message boards.
I am just starting to diet. Besides wanting to look and feel better, I need to raise the self esteem. I have to lose weight for physical reasons.

I"ve been married for 12 yrs. We don't have any childern. I do have 2 cats that are spoiled rotten. I am originally from MI. I like to do artwork. I work with chalk and oil pastels, charcoals, pen and ink, and some water color. I write alittle, some poems, a little prose and short stories. I don't do either professionally. I'm too critical !!!
I have been on S.S. Disability for 5 yrs. for epilepsy. Now I also have edema (swelling of the legs and feet) which is half my weight trouble. I am showing symptoms of Congestive Heart Failure.

I am 42, 5'3", 183 lbs.
I need to lose at least 65 lbs. I have not set any time goals, other than as soon as possible.

FOOD ROUTINE: I just started Change One. I don't drink water at all so I am setting a goal of 4 glasses a day. At least 5 fruits or vegetables a day.
EXERCISE: There is not much I can do because of my phyical limitations but, I plan on walking for 2 hrs. a day every day of the week.
WEAK POINTS: Coca Cola, ice-cream, The biggest one is just food. Since I was eight years old cooking and baking have been my hobbies. I love anything to do with food, recipes, cooking, the kitchen.
Even after 12 years I still like to impress my husband with great meals and desserts. He says he has never had the same thing twice.
Just eating one big meal a day and late at night.

Sherrie ( PYEPYE or SherPye ):wave: PyePye9@webtv.net

Angel26519
09-03-2003, 08:12 PM
Hi PyePye!!!! Welcome Aboard! We love have new people join us!!!!!

I havent heard of "Change One".... tell us a little about it......

As for exercise.... I know that with some of your disabilities you are at a disadvantage..... but are you able to do exercises sitting down? If so maybe look into some videos for handicapped people.... maybe that is somewhere to start.... if not maybe you can get some light handweights and try to build a little muscle that will help speed up the metabolism.... just some ideas.... :)

I know what you mean as for cooking.... my new hubby and I fight over the kitchen.... we both love to cook.....

Beth- Congrats on your upcoming anniversary!!!! That is wonderful!!!! As for your weight you are so close now it is only a matter of time!!!!

Anyway, I went today and registered for the real estate course. It starts in October and will be 3 nights a week for 4 hours a night... wish me luck!!!

LKBAngel
09-03-2003, 09:52 PM
Hey Howdy Hey Everyone!!

Beth, we meet again :) Happy Anniversay!!

Angel, I'm not sure but I think Dallas is about 145 miles from here.

PyePye, Howdy!! Nice to meet you!! :)

Just wanted to report that I got my bike ride done (with some walking up the hills) and drank my water.

Will post again soon.

LKBAngel

Angel26519
09-04-2003, 02:11 PM
Well I am off in a few minutes for Texas and will be out of the loop until Monday.....

LKB Way to go on the bike ride.... I wish I could get out there on my bike again....

I hope everyone is doing good!!! Talk to yall soon!!!!

rainbowmyst
09-04-2003, 08:46 PM
Hi Everyone!

Sorry I've been out of the loop for a couple of days, but these perimenopausal periods are the pits. The darn thing just doesn't seem to stop.

I'm still fasting (for what good it does me -- can't weigh myself until the TOM from **** ends)... so it's a little discouraging not knowing where I am at with this program.

Glad to see we now have 3 angels!!!! :angel: :angel: :angel:
I still think -- even moreso now -- that's got to have some special metaphysical meaning.

Hello to Pye -- hope to get to know you better soon.

Red and Orange: Hope all is well with you and that you're having success with your respective programs.

Beth: Have you given any thought to what you're going to do to celebrate when you hit goal?

I hope to be back to my usual cheerful self once I feel better. I know this seems unusually terse for a chatterbox like me. Realistically, this TOM has to end eventually. *sigh*

Hope you all have a great diet day! Actually, it seems as if everyone is doing well from what little I've had a chance to read. I have a feeling it might take me a little while to catch up on all the news.

Take care -- and a group hug to you all! :grouphug:

Rainbowmyst

redballoon
09-05-2003, 08:01 AM
Hello everyone, I'm trying to catch up on writing before I call it another day. It was so busy at work today. The newspaper I work at is in very bad financial shape and people are quitting like flies, but they're not hiring. It's really insane. But I just paced myself and did what I could. I really need work though!

Financial woes are the main reason I'm feeling pretty down although I think I also have a cold or something coming on. My throat hurts. It could be from overdoing it at the gym and also the weather is very changeable and I tend to get sick then. Oh well, it'll pass! :)

I have not, however, been doing well on the eating front. Well, I mean, I'm eating well, as in LOTS! but . . . you know! I have not touched sugar though as that's my 21-day-challenge.

Hi LKBAngel :angel:, I see you're adding another goal to the month. 5 pushups without straining, OK! :strong: Pushups are mostly for the chest but yes they will work your shoulders and arms too. Are you doing them with bent knees now or straight out? Pushups are very hard in the beginning and the reason is that the arms are usually weak and can't support the bigger chest muscles. But women tend to be very weak in the chest. When I started weight training the chest took a long time to build up. If you want to do exercises just for your shoulders let me know what part of your shoulders you'd like to work on and I can tell you some good exercises. When I say, what part of your shoulders, I mean, front, top or back, or sides. The shoulder is really quite a complex part of the body (and easily injured!)

Angel26, How are you? Sounds like you have problems at work too. I got my real estate license when I was 18! Never used it though. My mom was in real estate and I worked in an office doing clerical work but I was really too young. But it was fun studying for it. I took evening classes while I was still in high school and sat for the test. It was a lot of work but, like I said, fun.

Yeah, the thunderstorm was beautiful in a scary way. Three people got hit by lightning though and killed. The Diet building had chunks blasted off the roof. It really was something. Oh, maybe I said all this before. . .

losinginillinois, good to hear from you too. Yes, well, you can see how being scared of lightning is quite sensible really. I know one of the people killed was out jogging and it may have helped if he'd been a bit more frightened of it. What anniversary is this for you? You're very close to goal, aren't you? Do you have anything special planned?

Pyepye9, our new member, how are you doing? I see you've joined us on the 21-day too! I'm so glad to have you there. Yes, now I remember this was where I saw you had cats. I read the posts right away but I can't write back for a while usually. And then I forget where I've seen them. So, you're an artist. Wow. and a writer. I write as well, but mostly newspaper like things. I am so sorry to hear of your health problems. It sounds very serious and it worries me to hear. What do the doctors say you can do for your heart condition? I hope diet and exercise can help you. What is Chicago One?
Well, don't want to bog you down with too many questions but I'd love to hear more about you? Please write often! :write:

Oh Angel26, I see now you're off for a while. Have a good trip and come back and talk to us soon!
rainbowmyst, I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling so blue. :sorry: I really hope you feel better soon. I miss your cheery and warm words. Here's a hug to you too! :grouphug:

Take care all! :wave:

rainbowmyst
09-06-2003, 02:41 PM
Hello Everyone!

I think I'm almost "back among the living". TOM is wrapping up (I think) and I'm feeling a little bit more myself.

I weighed myself this morning -- 183.5 lbs. (which is fine with me considering TOM is still here).

I've spent the past couple of days doing a lot of nothing -- so there's not much to talk about. I did cheat one day on the fast because I felt weak and about to collapse.

I know it wasn't the fast itself -- more likely a combination of a prolonged TOM and the fast. The combination might be putting an extraordinary strain on my body.

I'll have to make plans for next month if it happens again. I'm questioning the wisdom of fasting during prolonged menstrual cycles -- might not be the healthiest approach.

Other than that -- I'm getting ready to buckle down on Monday and finish my novel. Since I'm feeling better, I suppose I have no excuse to procrastinate further.

This is still going to be short post because I'm still not quite up to par but I am "getting there".

Hope you all had a good diet week.

How are things going with goals and things? I am looking forward to touching base with everyone and finding out how we are all doing.

Rainbowmyst

angel4real
09-06-2003, 09:09 PM
Hello Ladies,
I havent posted in a few days.. Been really busy. I hjust wanted to check in to say Hello. i hope that everyone is doing well,
ALso wanted to say Welcome to the newst member of our group... I will try to post when i have more time..

Mia

LKBAngel
09-07-2003, 01:41 AM
Hey Howdy Hey Ladies,

Red~~The part of my shoulder that is injured is the rhomboid (I think thats the right spelling, ?) So its my back, right shoulder. Any suggestions for working this area would be greatly appreciated. It does give me fits.

I have to share that I've lost 2lbs this week!!:strong: :cp:. So I'm down to 218lbs, just 43# to go!!

I didn't do my walk Thursday or Friday, but I did manage to get it done Saturday. I also drank my water so I'm not doing to bad on my goals.

I guess thats about it for now, I sure hope everyone is doing well!!

LKBAngel

sw:230
cw: 218

redballoon
09-07-2003, 03:46 AM
LKBANgel, just a quick note to you. So, is it the part that is injured that you want to train or the OTHER parts? I suppose you'll want to work on your whole shoulder. I'll look into the rhomboid. I have a great book on shoulder injury and the prevention of it.

LKBAngel
09-07-2003, 10:29 AM
Red,

If I can work the whole area, shoulders, back, chest etc..and strengthen that muscle I'll do it. It doesn't have to be just the rhomboid. Hope that makes sense.

LKBAngel

Lavender Girl
09-07-2003, 12:12 PM
Hello all...

I am new to this site, and am thrilled that I found it.
Well, I am 24 years old, 180lbs give or take a pound depending on the time of day and 5'7" in bare feet. I am an American (origionally from Wisconsin) living in Europe. I am married and have a three year old son. I also work full time.
I gained a lot of weight since the move, it's been about 9 months now. I have been having a hard time loosing weight partially because of the different food markets and partially because of depression, and partially because my job has a height/weight standard and I feel like I have been being pushed around by them to loose weight. I don't really like my job so that doesn't help.
My goal weight is between 145 and 135 pounds. I think when I get to 145 I will step back and see how I feel about myself and then decide where I want to be.
I need a lot of postive support ( the kind I am NOT getting at work). My husband provides me some, but he really dosn't understand.. having never been out of shape for more than a week of his life. And, I am a Christian so I take comfort in prayer and reflective meditation. But, I could really use some people support, espcially from people who are now or have gone through the same things I am going through.
I like to excersize, but I love to cook and eat. I excersize at least 4 times a week, but usually 8 times a week at verying levels of intensity.
So, you could probably guess that what I really need to work on is the whole FOOD issue. Food is just such a big part of my life... I love all different kinds and I eat when I am happy or sad or to celebrate, and I love cooking or baking when I am bored... and then what do i do.. I eat some of it... or all of it... or I jsut get disgusted with my self and throw it away or feel it to the dog.
Does anyone else feel this way???
How did you all get started? This is the HARDEST thing for me... I just can't get started! Or I do realllly well all week and then the weekend comes and I EAT!!:?:
Please, help me out here... I really need some good advice!:^:
Thanks!
Lavender
P.S. I know that I am a really crappy speller, so - sorry for the mistakes!!;)

losinginillinois
09-07-2003, 12:48 PM
Hello All!
Just wanted to give a quickHey! I am still here. But dh went to NC on Friday and picked up his two brothers and my nephew to help him side the house. So I will be busy for the next couple of weeks playing hostess, gopher, and clean up girl. I already made my daily run to Menards! I am grateful that they came to help in our time of crisis but 4 grown men in the house. PLEASE PRAY that I survive for three weeks! I better run now before the slave drivers catch me resting! LOL!

Beth

redballoon
09-07-2003, 07:08 PM
LKBAngel, OK, let me find that book on shoulder injury because I want to give you some good preventive exercises too. That's a good place to start if your shoulders are weak. Do you have some light dumbbells? No problem if you don't, books, cans of food and plastic soda or water bottles will work just fine. I'll be back to you!

Lavender Girl, Welcome aboard! I think this place is turning out to be a really caring kind of place. You might want to check some of the old closed threads so you can read up on people a bit and find out where they're coming from. In any case, I think you'll find a lot of support here if you just tell us what's going on. I actually may be in the best position to understand what you're going through as I was in a similar position when I was your age, well, actually younger. I was 20 when I was in Germany, four years, very depressed a lot, about the same weight as you and I'm not even 5' 2"! Where are you in Europe? I didn't have a family though and I think that may have made it easier for me in a way because I was out a lot and had a lot of friends. If you're married and have children, 3!?, wow, at 24! and you're not getting all the support there then it's hard to get out and find out. That's what's great about these Net support boards nowadays. Coming in to you in your home! Well, I can't talk now as I need to get ready for work. It's Monday morning here and I had a late night last night!

Oh, and by the way, I am still about 150 lbs and wanting to get down to at least 130 so our goals are similar AND just plain old overeating is my problem too as I exercise a lot. Ok, I'll get back to you. Hope to see lots of you on this thread! Take care.

And losinginillinois, glad to see you and glad to hear you're getting some help on the house work. I'd been wondering how you were ever going to do that work you'd been talking about. Well, I'm sure it'll be hectic but it can also be fun and great for a lot of memories. Hang in there!

A hello to everyone else. Hope things are going well for you. Bye for now. :wave:

Angel26519
09-07-2003, 10:26 PM
Quick Note to say Hi to Everyone.... Just got in and I am exhausted.... will catch up with everyone tomorrow.....

Hi to the newbie Lavender!!!! Welcome aboard.... we are growing by leaps and bounds!!!!!

YEAH!!!!

Talk to you guys tomorrow!

angel4real
09-08-2003, 12:59 AM
Angel, Welcome back... So how did it go? I bet you worked your Butt off while you were there. I donít know why, but for some reason I thought that you were going to be gone allot longer...I bet you are glad to be home though. I know we are glad that you are back.

Redballon: I think you misunderstood Lavender. She has a 3 year old. Not 3 children. Although at that age, sometimes it is like having 3 children. They are a lot of work at that age, but also a of fun.

Beth: Sounds like you really have your hands full. I donít envy you, thatís for sure.
You will be in my prayers. I pray that you come out of this with your sanity still intact. I mean 4 men in the house. Its enough to drive a woman crazy. Lol

Lavender Girl: Welcome. I'm happy that you found us. There are so many groups to pick from here, and you picked us. .Youíre in the right place. Everyone here is great and very supportive. I'm sure you will be happy with this support you receive here.
Just remember We are always here for you. You and I are the same height. And right now my GW is 150. I have lost 17 pounds so fat since July 25. I'm on the Atkins diet. If I donít like the way I look at 150, I will re-evaluate it then, but right now 135 seems to thin for me. I am large frame, and the last time I was 145 people said I looked too skinny.
I guess I will see how I feel when I get there.

Rainbow
I'm glad that you are feeling better. Good luck with the rest of your novel this week.
I cant wait till your all done, and we can buy a copy of it. I want an Autographed copy ;-)

Ok well itís getting late, SO Iím off to bed.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

I will check back again later.

Mia

redballoon
09-08-2003, 01:04 AM
Whoops! Sorry about that Lavender. I hadn't read back. I was just going on what I remembered and I see I remembered wrong! :lol: Thanks for setting me straight, Angel4real.

Angel26519
09-08-2003, 07:53 AM
Ok Everyone - I have gotten some sleep and so maybe I will be understandable.....

The past 3 days were grewling.... I removed wallcovering that was 25 years old (and UGLY!) from the foyer and 2 bathrooms, removed border paper from 2 bedrooms, ragged rolled the foyer, painted 2 bedrooms a pretty pale yellow and hung a border in one, used granite texturized paint in the masterbedroom and one bath, painted the 1/2 bath, and hung wallcovering in the other bath.... I didnt get the kitchen, livingroom or dining room done. Ran out of time.... I am so exhausted!!!!! and cant move!

I love doing this type of stuff just not all in 3 days.... unfortunately they dont live close enough for me to go over on the weekends and do a room at a time!!!!

SO lets see if I can catch up with everyone....

Angel26519
09-08-2003, 08:22 AM
Ok the rest of my post got deleted so I thought I would start over....

Rainbow- I hope you are feeling better.... fasting while on your TOM may not be the best... especially if you have heavy TOM's.... I know that before my hysterctomy I wold lose so much blood that I became severely enemic and would be so weak and sick feeling.... Maybe during TOM go on a modified Adkins type diet which would give you lots of protien to keep your energy up and your enemia at bay..... then go back on the fasting after....

Red- I understand the financial woes.... I am sorry to hear about your newspaper... hopefully you will still be able to work there or find someplace else that is beneficial to you..... it is going to be hard when they cut our commission.... that is alot of money to me to be missing..... then on top of that my ex called me last night and wants me to meet him for lunch which means he is about to ask me to skip child support again for awhile.... he already owes almost 10,000 in back child support.... UGH!!!!!

Just try to stay on program.... which I know is hard! You are doing so great with the sugar thing..... you dont want to sabatoge yourself now.... you can do it... take all your frustrations out at the gym or tak a walk....

Orange- How was the weigh in at WW.... I didnt do to well last week when I weighed in and I missed saturdays.... going to go sometime this week and will keep you posted....

Pye- Hi there!!!! How are you doing? We like having all these new people on board! Are you being able to stay on prgram.... What is Change One? I am curious.....

Beth- Good Luck with all the guys in your house.... at least they came to help you get the siding back on your house.... what is going on with the people that took your money? Anything happen to them or are you just going to have to chalk it up to lesson learned? That is so bad when people are evil like that.... I hope you house will be back to rights soon for you and that stress will be gone!

Mia- How is it going for you? Have you been able to stay on program or have you fallen off the wagon like me (again!)... I am going to start fresh this week! I have really got to get some focus on this....

Lavender- WELCOME!!!! Where in Europe are you? Are you there for the military or for other reasons? I just went to Italy in May for my honeymoon and just fell in love.... I would probably move there tomorrow if I could.....The great hing about Europe is that you are so close to other countries that you could travel much easier than you can from here....
Having a height/weight limit for your job???? YUCK!!!! I dont think they are allowed to do that here in the states can they....

What type of program are you following? You may have said and I forgot.... we are all doing different things along the way.... Beth is our BIG LOSER here right now.... she is close to goal weight (YEAH FOR HER!!!!!)

LKB- WAY TO GO ON THE 2# Weight Lose!!!!! That is wonderful...... We are proud of you!!!!!! :D Keep up the good work!!!!!

Well - I am going to try to refocus myself.... get my act together.... I have so much going on and I have to get this part of my life in order....

Hope everyone else is doing great!!!! Talk to you soon!

rainbowmyst
09-08-2003, 06:59 PM
Hello Everyone!!! :wave:

I am definitely "back among the living"!!! I got off of my ample derriere today after acting like a beached whale for the past two weeks.

The good news is that post TOM -- I weighed in at 181.5 this morning. I hope to break into the 170's by the end of the week. That's going to be a "milestone" for me.

I don't know about anyone else...but I can tell you exactly what I weighed on any significant day of my life. HOW SICK IS THAT????
Seriously, how many people do you know chart their lives by what they weighed at a given point?

The last time I saw the 170's was 1998 -- I remember it clearly because my father-in-law died on Labor Day that year and I remember thinking how embarrassed I'd be at the wake once everyone realized I'd gained so much weight that I was "in" the 170's. Now I ask you -- who in their right mind remembers stuff like that????

What's even weirder is that having hit 240 at my top weight...I am now looking at the 170's as being relatively thin! Talk about a shift in perspective.

So what does this tell me? It tells me that I've got a major "image problem" and I really have to sit down and try to figure out at what weight I feel best about myself. The last time I felt "normal" was at 115lbs. -- but I haven't seen those days since I became pregnant with my first child at the age of 28.

I "was sort of okay with" the way I looked then -- but that's a heck of a long time ago....do I even REMEMBER what I really looked like? It's almost like I view that period B.C. (before children) through some kind of rose colored glasses. BOY WAS I THIN!!! (but funny...I didn't think so then....but then again I grew up when everyone who didn't look like "Twiggy" was considered a blimp.)

So my goal for the month of September is to come to terms with who I am -- not the person some magazine told me I should be back when I was fourteen. But there's a problem...come to think of it -- as far as I know, somebody (family, friends, magazines) was ALWAYS telling me what I should look like -- so how will I ever know what's me and what's a message someone else placed in my head?

When I was a very little girl (5 years old) the teenage boy down the block used to tease me for being 'skinny.' By the age of 8, I was being teased for being 'too fat'. Was I ever just "me" devoid of someone else's opinions? This is an issue to think about. And did my life long struggle with obesity have anything to do with my self-image being twisted by other people? I have a horrible feeling that it did. The "problem" was always there -- it only took the catalyst of depression to make it bloom forth in all its chubby splendor.

Question for everyone: Did your body image become shaped by other people? I am wondering if I am the only one who feels their mind was "warped" by other people's opinions.

In any event -- as you can clearly see -- Rainbowmyst is back to her old chatterbox self. :)

I'm not going to make too many comments to everyone individually until I get back in the stream of things. I'm trying to catch up on past posts...and it may take awhile. Also, I've noted that I missed Beth's anniversary -- so a happy belated Beth!

Welcome to Lavendar -- and Pye....

Hi Angels! :angel: :angel: :angel:

Red and Orange -- have you realized with the addition of Lavendar we ALSO have 3 colors??????

Hope everyone is having a great diet day!

Rainbowmyst

Angel26519
09-08-2003, 09:59 PM
Hello Everyone!!!!

Rainbow - We have three colors and then the rainbow... how great is that?????

Your post today was so deep and great.... it is wonderful having people on the board that makes you think......

I think my body image started at a very young age and was definetly created by others.... with my background of sexual abuse started at the age of 4...... I was told at the age of 4 you were supposed to be sexy...... how sick is that????? For a long time I thought I was only worth as much as I look good... so I still have issues of feeling worthless because of the weight.... by not looking sexy and pretty I am invisible....

Then I have a mother that has such wonderful compliments to me like "I am sure there is some nice man out there that likes smart chubby girls"..... now wouldnt that just make you feel great!!!!

I know this is not a realistic image.... and in my right mind i know this.... but in that other mind it is still there.... I am trying to work on this and one day I wont be this way....

Anyway- I hope everyone is having a great day!!!!

losinginillinois
09-09-2003, 02:59 PM
Hello Ladies!

Well once again I have to be quick. I have to shower before I go to work. Imagine that!

I am suriving one day at a time. Since Sat I have made my daily trip to the grocery and to Menards. Our siding job has now become a window job. Most of them were rottened out and just old. So we decided while help was here we better do it. We also have to drywall on the inside and of course fix the paint where the windows were. Its become much more then I imagined. So I probably will not be around much for the next couple of weeks.

I am glad to see everyone else here though and keep posting!

Angel as far as the lady goes who ripped us off. My dh and I had to make a positive id yesterday and they said they would be charging her with fraud. But we will see. We start our small claims court proceedings on Sept 16. So we will see!

I guess I should tell you. I almost forgot. I gained, yes I said gained a .5 last week. I am not to worried. It was the first gain in 8 months and it was TOM. I suspect the closer I get to my goal I will gain during TOM. Because I was a couple of pounds lighter the next day. So hopefully come weigh in time this week I will be down!

See you soon!

Beth

Angel26519
09-09-2003, 04:24 PM
Hi Everyone!!!!

Beth dont worry about the gain... 1/2# is not much and it is probably is your time of the month......

As for me... I still havent done my weigh in since it was supposed to be saturday and I was out of town.... I may try to go tonight.... I just hate doing it in the evening because I weigh more then.....

Dr Phil's new book came out today and I have bought it.... it is supposed to be more about the psychological aspect of weigh gain/lose.... I relize that I need to not only focus on what I am doing as far as exercise and what I am eating but why.... all those ucky emotions.....

I hope all is well with everyone..... talk to you soon

rainbowmyst
09-09-2003, 06:54 PM
Hi everyone!

This is going to be short because I am due at my daughter's school for her annual parent/teacher's night.

It's usually okay (a tad boring) but it's her last one -- she graduates at the end of the year. So I feel obligated to attend.

I am already made up and dressed -- just have to set my hair with the electric rollers and head out the door.

Other than that -- it's been another typical diet day. I must admit that I am having a little difficulty for some odd reason. I keep thinking about food. Oh well, I brought this on myself with all the fast-food I consumed during my depressive period. Everything has a "price" it seems and I am paying for my lack of foresight now. *sigh*

Only 70 more days to go on the fast. I'll make it -- though it's so annoying at times.

Rainbowmyst

redballoon
09-09-2003, 09:56 PM
Angel26, It sounds like you've been doing an awful lot of work. The amount is just incredible. How are feeling now! I hope not so exhausted. Thanks so much for the kind words. They did a lot to help buoy my spirits yesterday, and I was feeling especially down yesterday. It's not just the financial woes, but other worries, disappointments, frustrations as well. But I know things won't get better unless I start feeling better. Well, your message did make me feel better and things did look a whole lot better yesterday after that. Thanks so much. I did go to the gym but I was too tired by then to have any energy to unleash my frustrations with. Actually, in the morning I had gone riding and I was able to channel my frustrations (a big worry is that I may have to give up my horse because of a lack of money) and I was able to have a very good ride for the second time in a row. My teacher said it was the best work I've done so far. My mare is very difficult to ride. It takes so much concentration and strength (I ride dressage) but I reached down deep and did it! It made me start thinking, I just have to find a way to stay with her, at least until I leave Japan. I love this mare and she is a handful but I've learned so much from her. I'm sorry to hear about your problems. Are you raising your child (children?) on your own now?

Angel, I'm so sorry to hear you suffered abuse as a child. I just finished reading another of Torey Hayden's books, this one "Beautiful Child." Do you know her books? She's a teacher of children with learning disabilities and so and this latest book was about a child who was abused, not sexually though. I have read all her books, each one about a different student of hers. It's so sad to know how people, children and really people of all ages suffer at the hands of others. I have always been a fighter, tough and stubborn and I think this was my saving. I got quite a few knocks as a kid but nothing bad. I just wish I could use my strength to help others but so much is done behind closed doors and nothing is or can be done to help.

Physical abuse is obvious but emotional and psychological abuse like the criticisms and comments you experienced do so much harm, don't they? All I can hope I guess is that people have the strength later in their lives to right those wrongs.

How is Dr. Phil's book? have you gotten anywhere in it yet? I have read some of his other books but, from what I remember, he didn't really speak to me like he apparently does to others. Maybe it was the time I read him though. I found him a little too in-your-face. This is the way I normally am with myself, very tough, when what I really need is to be gentler with myself. Perhaps this is why I love this thread more and more. The people here seem very warm, caring and gentle. No wonder we have three angels, three colors and our rainbow!

rainbow, I'm so glad you're back and swimming in our midst again. I don't think you sound like a formerly beached whale, more like a great white shark! Somebody who means business!

Hurrah for you and your nearing the 170s. You are sure to pass that milestone soon. Well, I do find that pretty unusual that you remember weights and dates so well. I never weigh myself, well, rarely. I KNOW all too well when I'm putting on weight or losing it (this is unfortunately something I don't experience often :lol: ) But I know a lot of people are really hooked to the scale. I think that perhaps having lived abroad for so long and thus having been in metric all the time helped break my fixation on numbers because I think I used to have one too. Kilos, pounds, fahrenheit, celsius, once you have different ways of saying the same thing I think it loses a lot of its significance, words, numbers. It becomes more like, oh, yeah, whatever. How about I send you a kilogram scale?!

So, wow, I hadn't realized, or had forgotten that you have lost 80 pounds from your top weight. That is an awesome feat, rainbow and I hope you're very, very proud of yourself.

I found your post very interesting. Your questions about body image had me thinking and I think I finally realized something rather strange about myself. Oh, no, not something else!?! You talk about coming to terms with who you are and having felt defined by others' opinions of you. I can well understand that. I think that is the normal way and why so many people suffer. I, on the other hand, perhaps because I was always very stubborn and probably more than a little bit "out there" am the opposite. I always had a very, very strong sense of who I was and it had nothing to do with how thin or fat I was and I was both and I got the same kind of jeers and ridicule as most overweight people get. The weird things is is that it never fazed me and I realize now is that that is because I never felt any different no matter what I weighed or how much muscle I had. What did bother me was that I always felt misunderstood. Even now, I am quite strong because I weight train and people (Japanese are awful for this) see me apparently as "scary" but I am the most peaceful, amicable person around. I could probably do major damage if I were to hit someone but I have never in my life hit someone (well, not since I was a kid and had to fight back at my brother!) so I am amazed that they feel this way about me. But I'm finally realizing, that YES, image, the visual forms peoples' opinions. It just didn't form mine about myself. And that's why I said I'm "out there." I think this is just something I'll have to accept though because I do love being muscular so I'm not going to lose my muscle just so people realize what a gentle flower I am.

Again, though, your question, do we "feel our minds were 'warped' by other people's opinions?" I'd have to say no, but then yes, because the misunderstandings did bother me. I felt and probably still feel somewhat that it is MY problem when really it's their problem, isn't it?

losinginillinois, hello. yes, definitely don't worry about any little half pound gain. It's nothing for sure and you'll be hitting your goal weight soon enough. You were almost there, right?

Angel26519
09-10-2003, 12:50 PM
Hello Everyone!!!!

Well I weighed in today and am down 1# YEAH!!!!! I was very glad - I guess all that painting worked!!!! Maybe I should do that every weekend.... NOT!!!!!

Red- I notcied you posted on Dr Phil's board and replied over there.... I know that sometimes his in your face mode is hard to take and it isnt something I think I could handle all the time.... but I do think that at times I need that.... I have only read a little in his book so far but alot of it is common sense stuff that when I read it its like "Now why didnt I think of that?"

I am glad that I helped you.... that is what we are all here for....

Beth- How is the house going???? I hope you are keeping all those guys in line......

Orange, Pye, Lavender, Sandy- How are you doing?????

Rainbow- I know the fasting must be hard at times... I know I couldnt do it.... keep up the good work.....

Angels - How are you guys doing??

rainbowmyst
09-10-2003, 09:26 PM
Hi Everyone...

Today is going to be very short. I "crashed and burned" on my fast today. I don't necessarily think it was my fault. Someone I considered a friend said something very hateful to me today (this person is generally known for tactlessness). When I pointed out that this was a rude comment and that I felt hurt, instead of apologizing, the person proceeded to attempt to "justify" the comment. I lost it and went ballistic. I fear I've been overlooking abusive behavior from this quarter for a long time -- and today, all of my resentment bubbled to the surface due to this remark. I said everything I've been longing to say for the past two years.

Nevertheless, this confrontation led to an eating binge consisting of: a grilled chicken sandwich, a small order of fries, several hunks of cheddar cheese, and a ham sandwich (this was spread out from approximately 2pm until nightfall).

Because of this, I have decided this is one "friend" I can do without. I don't want to go into what was said -- but it was very destructive and totally untrue. I am trying to improve the quality of my life and I don't need people around who are attempting to "bring me down".

I've spent enough time feeling sorry for myself today (as evidenced by the food frenzy) -- so tomorrow it's back on the fast. Setbacks occasionally occur to everyone -- so I am trying to view this as a temporary lapse in judgment.

Sorry for dumping this depressive episode on you....hope everyone else had a better day in general than I did and that your programs went well.

Rainbowmyst

Angel26519
09-11-2003, 09:20 AM
Rainbow- Even though you went on what you called an "Eating Binge" it does look like you were grabbing stuff that was pretty good for you other than the fries but that was even a small so I say you did pretty darn good..... when I binge I am grabbing the cookies, cakes, and icecream..... so I think you deserve a "WAY TO GO"......

I am sorry that your "friend" wasnt there for you and was ugly to you.... You know sometimes there are people around you that dont want you to change because then they think they need to change.... or they are jealous of your success.... it doesnt give them any excuse to be mean..... I think it is good that you got all that bottled up anger out it will help you in the long run....

I wish you luck in all of this... I have been there myself before.....

And now get back on the wagon.... we slowed the horses down for you to jump on!

rainbowmyst
09-11-2003, 10:56 AM
Thanks Angel!

I just got home from doing some "damage control" to compensate for yesterday's binge. I am trying not to be too neurotic -- but I don't want to get into the habit of breaking the fast and "getting away with it" -- so I extracted a bit of a penalty from myself this morning. Hopefully, it will discourage further binges due to emotional upset.

First I sat down and did some calculations. Since I skipped three packages and ate real food yesterday -- I can deduct 240 calories of the "binge" as being calories I would have consumed in the packages anyway. So by my calculations that would cancel out the "ham sandwich" which was on that low calorie bread anyway.

That left me with the cheese, chicken and fries to be compensated for. Although I wasn't planning on exercising until I dropped another 40 lbs. -- I decided to spend three days this week walking in the gym for a half hour. That should burn off about half of the binge calories. I'll do three days next week and that should cancel out the rest. Since I am really too plump to exercise comfortably -- that ought to teach me NOT to "chow down" when someone treats me badly.

It was really weird walking on the track today. I've noticed that it is MUCH EASIER than it was the last time I attempted to exercise (around 210 lbs.) So if nothing else, I've confirmed that I was probably wise to wait awhile (and should wait a tad longer after I finish adjusting for this binge). However, my "wind" stayed with me longer and I probably made it more times around that 1/8 mile track than I did last time I tried at 210 lbs. I'm going to guess I did about 8 to 10 times. I set a time limit of 30 minutes and just walked.

I'm guessing that when I get down a more reasonable weight my feet will take it better. With bad arches, they bothered me a little at my present weight (181 lbs.) but nowhere as bad as they did on my last experimental exercise walk. Still, I've made the commitment to do this five more times to make up for the binge.
Then I'll table the exercise until I drop about 40 more lbs.

It sounds nuts I know -- and if my feet weren't so miserable I probably would keep exercising. But I did notice stress in my arches -- so my guts tell me to finish up this damage control and go on hiatus until I reach a lower weight.

Thanks for the support. I did try to choose binge foods carefully (except for the fries -- but my daughter wanted to go to Bueno Beef right behind her school). That wasn't the wisest thing for me to agree to knowing the emotional state I was in at the time.

I am "okay" today. I've taken my first package and am back on track.

Rainbowmyst

Angel26519
09-12-2003, 07:48 AM
Hey Everyone!!!! I hope all is well!.... Boy lots of people posting in the past day or so.... we ended up on the 2nd page!!!!!! We cant let that happen!!!!

Rainbow- I am glad I could help you.... You know if the walking is so hard on your arches right now you could maybe start doing stretching type exercises or yoga or just get some light weight to lift whil watching tv..... if you start building some muscle it will make the weight lose go a little faster and also help keep your metabolism from dropping while on the fast.... just a thought! :)

How is everyone else doing?????

Red- How is the emotional roller coaster that you are on doing???? How is work going?

I am supposed to have a job interview next week.... I dont know about taking another job.... am really wanting to get the real estate off the ground but gotta have a paycheck to pay all those lovely bills!!!!

Hope everyone else is doing great and gets back here soon.... we are missing everyone!

LKBAngel
09-12-2003, 10:02 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm going to try to catch up with everyone, so here it goes...

Lavender, Hi and Welcome!!

Hey someone said having one young child is like having 3 of them sometimes, I do have three, so does that make me have 6 on occassions!!:D Thats scary!!

Angel26519, :bravo: on your loss!! I know what you mean about wanting to get your business going. I'm trying to get my Web design business launched and it seems to be taking forever, mostly because I want my site to be perfect before I launch. But I'm not giving up I just keep surging ahead. I don't work, well yes I do, I'm a mom of three kids, but I know what you mean about having to have the paycheck. Damn bills!!:D Good luck on your interview!!

Rainbowmyst, We are here for you!!!:grouphug:

Beth, Hows the work going?

Red, I think its cool :cool: that you weight train and are a strong person. Your self image seems to be very good, because your right, it is "their problem".

It seems to me wether your fat or thin, tall or short, young or old, muscular or puny, people will always find fault with you. I believe it is mostly because peoples own self-image is frightening and they seem to build themselves up by bringing others down. Thats what is really sad in this world. My own self-image is rather lacking sometimes, but I'm somewhat of a people watcher and have discover now that I'm older we are not all that different, no one is perfect, there is something at fault with each of us, its up to us to determine wether or not these faults will hold us down.
Hope that makes sense.

Angel4real, HI!!!

To everyone else HEY HOWDY HEY!!! HOPE YOUR ALL OKAY!!!

I haven't exercised once this week, so the scale may not be to friendly come this weekend. Good thing is I haven't overeaten, I haven't exactly eaten the right foods, but I didn't overeat either. Still drinking my water, so thats good.

Have a great day everyone,
LKBAngel

losinginillinois
09-12-2003, 12:52 PM
Hello Ladies!
Sorry I have not been around. I have not been on the computer at all for two days. I have been so busy. I am trying to do my share of the work. But I am mainly spending time cleaning up inside! I cleaned both bathrooms today and vaccumed again.

So I decided to take a break. I may even take a nap this afternoon. I have been so tired. My bil wakes my dh up every morning at 6:45. Does he not understand that this wakes me up also!!! I won't complain to much because they are working so hard everyday. In fact I think my other bil and nephew are about ready to ring the first bil neck because he is a slave driver! My dh is getting it easy. He could only take a couple of days here and there off. Next week just Mon. By the time he gets home they are done working for the day. Then he gets to go to the movies and stuff while I go to work. I think that is unfair! Okay I will quit having a pity party!

Angel hope the job interivew goes well! Rainbow sorry about your friend but it sounds like you turned things around. its a learning expierence.

LkB Angel you will be back on track before you know it. Red hope you can keep your horse! Sounds like you really enjoy it!

Everyone else hope to see you soon!

I lost a 1.75 this week which leaves me 3/4 of a pound to go. I will be so glad to just say I am there. I have not had much time to exercise this week but the work is helping.

Good luck to all I will try to make it back soon!

Beth

Angel26519
09-12-2003, 04:06 PM
Beth- 3/4# from goal weight!!!!! I cant wait till I can say that.... It has been a true inspiration to have you on this board with us.... You have just steadily plugged away and look at how great you have succeeded..... we are going to catch up with yet.....

LKB- I with you on the exercise.... I havent really started it back up yet.... I just cant seem to wrap my mind back around it.... I used to be realigous about it... every morning I would get up and go to the gym for 2 hours.... I hardly every missed.... I never lost any weight in doing it but I did feel tremendously better.... I know I need to start back I just have to keep telling myself.... GO-GO-Go!!!!

The board has been alittle quiet lately..... all the newbies are being shy.... :)

Hope everyone is doing well.... we are here for everyone! Dont forget it!

doIlookfat?
09-12-2003, 04:54 PM
Hi, I hope you don't mind me barging in here like this, but I was wondering if I could ask Beth a quick question.....

I noticed you lost a great deal of weight since you started here. What kind of exercise are you doing? I have 2 kids as well (my oldest is Bethany:) 6 and 3 years), so what is your secret? Do you think cutting back on eating in general has helped a great deal, or do you think it's the exercise? Water?

Thanks for any advice. I am very envious of you, yet glad to see such a great success too. Congratulations!

Heidi
150/155/135

Angel26519
09-12-2003, 06:04 PM
Hi Heidi,

You are more than welcome to "Barge In" here.... and you could stay if you would like....

Beth is our little mascot here and we love having her around!

doIlookfat?
09-12-2003, 06:14 PM
Thanks, Angel. Are you looking forward to tonight's Dateline? I keep watching the clock, and it's only 3:00pm here in California!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Heidi

redballoon
09-12-2003, 06:55 PM
Hello there. Sorry to have been away. Have just been TOO busy. I still am reading though and a big welcome to the new people. I'll be back as soon as possible to catch up. Just wanted to say heh! Power on, people!

rainbowmyst
09-12-2003, 08:25 PM
Hello Everyone!

Welcome to our newcomers!

Today was a very good day for me. I went to the gym and walked for a half hour (still compensating for my insane eating binge earlier this week).

I decided to do myself a favor and take my thyroid medication for a change (I seldom remember to take the stuff -- I don't believe I've done so in months). I'd forgotten how energetic it makes me feel. Since I need the stuff anyway -- I should see some improvement in my metabolic rate. The weirdest thing is -- I know that I tend to gain weight (or lose slowly) when I forget the medicine. Why don't I ever remember to take it? I am thinking it might be some weird form of self-sabotage.

Other than that....not much else is new.

I am being pressured (by the teenager behind me) to get off the computer. Since she's finished her homework...I suppose I should be kind and relinquish the machine so she can chat with her friends. *sigh*

Hope everyone had a good diet day!

Rainbowmyst

Angel26519
09-12-2003, 09:54 PM
Rainbow- That is too funny!!!! As I was reading your post about your child standing behind you trying to get you off line my son is heavily sighing behind me!!!!! It is like they own the place!

Put your thyroid medicine out in the open.... like maybe by your toothbrush.... maybe you will remember to take it.... I understand though I am awful about taking pills.... I dont have a problem taking them I just dont like to..... Like my vitamins.... I will be real good about taking them for awhile then I just stop.... I know I need them I know that they are good for me but I just cant seem to keep taking them! I read somewhere where Sly Stallone takes 75 different pills a day!!!!!! Forget IT!!!!!!

DOILOOKFAT- Yes I was looking forward to the show.... it is at the end right now and I have been recording it.... I missed the 1st half so I am not paying too much attention to it so that I can see it from start to finish.... but I did just watch the part about the teen daughter and I thought what he said to her was wonderful.... We will have to chat about it later!

Hey wonderful Red!!!!! Glad to hear from you.... I so understand BUSY!!!!! Just catch up with us soon!!!!!

Everyone else- Hope all is well!!!! Talk to you soon!!!!

Lavender Girl
09-13-2003, 05:08 AM
Ok.. I am going to try this whole color thing again, I tried it once before, but was unsuccessful.
Anyway! Wow, everyone sounds like they are doing so well!! I am sorry that it took me so long to get back here. I had a cold this week so all I did was was work out, go to work, go to class and SLEEP!! I actually even left class early on monday, sonmething I really try not to do because I hate missing out on information, you know? And on Tuesday morning I had a physical fitness test at 6AM - I passed!! :) But I didn't excell:mad: and I used to be ale to max out on all of my events. I did 25 push-ups in 2 minues(actually I stopped at 1 min because I knew that I didn't have any proper push-ups left in me), 56 sit-ups in 2 minutes and ran 2 miles in 18:59, In my defence I was having a horriable time breathing, mostly towards the end, I felt like I was having a panic attack because I couldn't get enough air into my lungs. And just for referance, when I first started taking these tests (you know, back when I was buff) I did about 50 push-ups in 2, 60-70 sit-ups in to and ran the 2 mile in the low 16's.
I really want to get that body back. But it is jsut a question of resolve and dedication, you know?
I saw that a lot of people are talking about the Dr.Phil book, has anyone on here bought it yet? I was thinking about going and getting it. I saw on another thread that there is a book club for it starting up. But that got me thinking about the other types of fitness and weight loss publications everyone is reading. I read SELF and Cooking Light (although I will have to admit that I have yet to COOK anything out of Cooking Light Mag :o )
I love Self mag. because it take a whole approach the female body, and shows women at all levels of fitness. I guess it dosn't seem as aggressive and demanding as say maybe "Muscle and Fitness Hers" I will also ocationally buy Shape or Fitness if it has intersting articals or work outs. And as far as books all I have really read is the Oprah book "Making the Connection" Does anyone else have any good recomendations?? I would love to hear them!!:D
Another issue I have been thing about is the issues between eating healthy, whole, unprocessed foods verses just eating low-fat low calorie foods. And this is where it stems from for me. I live in Europe and I love to travel and more than I love the actual traveling I love watch the local people. I live very close to France and pretty close to Switzerland, and in Germany, so if I generalize and say europeans, these are the people I am talking about. They do not eat products labeled "low-fat!!" "low calorie" the eat FOOD! Mile, butter, cheese, bread, fruit, meat - any cut, veggies. They garden, A LOT. They shop at outdoor markets. And they are all thinner than Americans percentage to percentage.
Just so you arn't thinking that I think these people are perfect - get this, their kids keep pacifiers in their mouths until they are about 3 to 4 YEARS old and then you see 8 year olds walking down the street smoking cigerettes, because their are coin operated cigerette macines on about every corner here. Their is no such thing as a no smoking section in a German resturant.
But back to the food issue... the fats that companies are coming up with to replace the "bad " fat found in veggie and animal product are just as bad, sometimes worse. I mean, do we really know the long term effects of these types of fats on the human body... no, because they haven't been around long enough. My great-granmother lived to be 104 and was tiny all of her life. born in the 1880's she ate whole fresh foods her whole life and cooked for herself up until about a year before she died. She ate and her daily life was excersize - gardening, laundry, cleaning running around after 6 kids. Anyway, I am getting away from my point.
Has anyone else thought of this? What are your thoughts on the subject(s)? Ho have you modified your habits, eating and otherwise?
Well, I am going to go wake up my hubby! I hope you all have a great weekend!!!!!
Oh, P.S. I have lost 3 lbs!! YAY!! :o :smug: :D

redballoon
09-13-2003, 10:41 AM
Lavender Girl, Good to hear from you. I'm just in. It's late here in Tokyo but I wanted to show you how to use the color thing. You started out right but you have to turn off everything you've done, size, color, font or it won't take. So if you go back in and edit your post and at the very end of your post type [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR] it should work. And you don't have to worry about caps in these codes, only if you type in smilies. They have to be lowercase. OK, hope this slightly anal-retentive advice helps!! :spin:

Angel26519
09-13-2003, 12:09 PM
Hey Lavender- I am so jealous of where you are living.... I went to Italy on my honeymoon in May and am just in love with Europe. I am sure if I lived there for awhile I would miss America but I would like to give it a shot....

Modern day is what is making us heavy..... I mean think about it... we have remotes for everything from tvs to garge doors.... we have lawn mowers we ride on, we drive to the store, heck alot of places dont even have sidewalks to walk on.... we sit in front of tvs for entertainment or in front of computers....

And then there is the food.... everything in america is supersized.... I watched a show on one of the evening where they were comparing american dinners out vs eating out in other countries... for example a steak, potatoe and veggies here was 1300 calories vs the european version at 500 calories..... and then think of all the artificle stuff we stick in our bodies.... the artifical sweetners, coloring, preservatives, etc.... you just cant tell me that there isnt long term affects for using these.....

I am reading the Dr Phil Book and so far I am enjoying it.... very enlightening to me... he talks about how all the weight charts and bmi charts are actually outdated because they were worked 30 years ago and genetically people are larger now.... he talks about using these as basic guidelines but you need to find a weight and body shape that you are comfortable with.... that trying to be stick thinis an unreasonable goal... he goes on but does make a lot of sense..... FYI - Red doesnt really like him and we can respect that. :) :) :) :)

Books that I recommend is "The Business Plan for the Body - By Jim Karas; the Dr Phil Book; I like Jorge Cruise 8 minutes in the morning..... that is just a few.... I am sure others have great recommendations!!!! I like reading anything and everything.

losinginillinois
09-13-2003, 08:31 PM
Hey Ladies!

Just a quick Hi! We are getting ready to watch a movie after a long days work.

Do I look Fat? Thanks for asking me. It made me feel important LOL! I definately think I have cut back on my food. But the biggest key I believe is exercise. I eat mostly what I want. I don't eat candy everyday or anything but I would rather exercise and eat more of what I want. I also drink lots of water. If I can do it anyone can! I do Walk away the pounds and my kids 5 and 2 can play while I do it or join in. Good Luck!

Well I hope everyone continues to have a great weekend!

Beth

Lavender Girl
09-14-2003, 03:58 AM
Good Morning All!!:sunny:

How did everyone's saturday go? Yesterday we went apartment hunting. We want to live downtown, and right now we are living in a "berg" In a 3.5 story town house and basically I am just tired of cleaning it, an dfeeling like I live in an empty house. We found a good one, now we just have to get a hold of the guy who is renting it. ;) What else, -- we went to the open air market and bought some yummy fresh salad fixin's, and (sorry Red) I bought Dr.Phil's new book. The thing I have noticed the most about it in the first few pages is his constant use of the word "real" when it should be "really" (i.e. you need to be real sure....) What can I say? I had a wanna be **** for a Grammer teacher in college.
The only excersize I got yesterday was the walking around downtown, and the all day errands, no running, no biking, no gym. So, I know where I am going ot be this afternoon! Maybe I can get hubby to some with me :D :flow1:
I was wondering if anyone has some favorite healthy male plans/recipies they would want to share? I have been looking at some and for some reason they all look so complicated, or they are so weird my husband wouldn't eat them:lol:. So - any suggestions??

Talk to you later!!!

Angel26519
09-14-2003, 01:52 PM
Hi Everyone!!!!

Just a quick note to say hi!!!!

Working on getting my mindset started for tomorrow when i am going to make a gang buster attempt to get back on track....

Took all my measurements again so I know exactly where I am going to be starting at again....

Have a brand new journal.... always like starting fresh....

Am starting to study for the real estate license..... have set up a reading schedule for this....

Also going to be joining the book club on here so will be reading that also....

Trying to go through all this and keping up the work load when i am not longer motivated at all.....

UGH!!!!

Well I am off to go the the South Beach Diet to get my grocery list together.

Then i am going to go for a walk around the neighborhood!

Hope everyone else is having a great day!!!!!

rainbowmyst
09-14-2003, 04:26 PM
Hello Everyone!

I am in the best of moods. I weighed in at 180.0 this morning and am very excited. I know from past diet experiences that 180 has always been the "turning point" for me. If I can get below it -- I will be "home free". At my height, each 10 pound loss from here on makes dramatic improvements.

I woke up at the crack of dawn and finished my walk in the gym before 9:00 am. By 11:00 am, I was on my way to the mall with my daughter. She wanted to walk -- so we did -- I'm pretty sure we covered enough ground that I can consider today a "double day" for exercise. Since that's an outdoor mall; it was really pleasant.

I spent most of my time going into the more exclusive stores looking for "ideas" for later when I attack my piles of fabric. I saw some cute things; intriguing bits of design here and there that I can "retranslate" into something I like even better.

I feel much different now that I'm back on my thyroid meds. I don't know why I neglect to take them most of the time. I know that I have absolutely no energy without them. Since I am remembering the past few days -- I'm running around like the energizer bunny!

I also did some shopping -- bought my daughter some things. There wasn't any point buying more "chubby clothes" for myself, so I settled on shopping for her.

Other than that...today was really quiet. I'm a bit behind on my packages because we spent hours in the mall...but it was well worth it. I really had fun being with my daughter. She has so much homework, I rarely get to spend time with her during the school year -- so today was a real treat.

Hope you all had a wonderful diet day!!

Rainbowmyst

Angel26519
09-14-2003, 05:00 PM
Rainbow- That is so wonderful!!!! YEAH!!!!!! you are doing great! I am glad to hear your thyroid meds help so much! I wish mine did.... but I have lots of different problems with various hormones since my hysterectomy....

They tried to leave my ovaries in which is now a BIG mistake because one day my ovaries work, one day they dont, one day they work alittle.... It is hard to give me hormone meds unless you monitor every single day....

Anyway, Went to the grocery store and bought lots of good stuff... bought some Diet Rite soda.... havent tried it before but it is made with Splenda which is natural vs Nutrasweet and all those.... thought i would give it a try.

Hope all is well!

redballoon
09-14-2003, 09:29 PM
Hello Everyone. Sorry to have been away for a while. I have been reading your posts but just didn't have time to come in and stay a while. It's late here now but I'm going to get some words down for y'all. :)

First of all, I guess I'm most concerned about rainbowmyst, hearing you crashed and burned and had a most disappointing, probably disheartening encounter with your now no doubt "former" friend. Wow, I wonder what the problem was about? Curious, curious, but of course I'm not going to push you for it. I've had things happen with people too and I've had to put them down for a while. Sometimes people just aren't good for you. It can be a bad time in their lives or in yours and it just makes for a clash. It's a shame but I'd just try to get out there and make new friends. You can't expect, if you're changing and developing to have the same people stay with you. I'd try not to see it as a shame or a loss, but as an indication that things are changing and heh, if you want things to change then it is likely to be positive. I know you may not be feeling like thinking about it so objectively but maybe soon you'll be able to. Keep your chin up and stop seeking solace in food. A little bit ain't gonna hurt you so just get back on track with your fast.

Ok, I see now in a later post that you are back. Interesting with the "punishment." It's too bad about your feet hurting now but it'll get better. Is there no way you can swim. That is the best thing as there's no burden on the joints.

LKBAngel, How are you? Thanks for the compliment. Oh, and I must get some exercises to you. I'll look for some links. You probably already know the usual shoulder exercises, no, arms straight out front with elbows straight (for front of delts), arms bent with hands on shoulders and elbows out to sides then lift arms straiht up (for tops of delts), bend slightly forward and bring arms from starting position together in front of body out to sides with elbow only slightly bent, raise to shoulder height no further, think of raising from elbows, which should stay above hands (for side delts), and lastly lean forward at waist and do the side delt one again but because you're leaning forward it'll work the back of the shoulder. These are the usual basic shoulder routine done with light weights to start with, a book in each hand, a can of food, a bottle of water. Maintain good form and go up fairly quickly, hold a touch and go down SLOWLY. You should feel a burn toward the end of a set when doing 10 reps, otherwise the weights are too light.
I still must find that book to give you a little routine of exercises for preventing rotary cuff injury, which is the most common injury and comes because very small muscles in the shoulder joint weaken with age and then, if suddenly used funnily, can be damaged.

By they way, those were very wise words you said about people. I find the same and am glad you're seeing where much of the problem, if not all, lies outside us. When we're younger or don't have much esteem then we tend to put the blame on ourselves. And also I like what you said about deciding whether our "faults" keep us down, though I wouldn't think of them as faults per se but more just something that may work for us at times but shouldn't be used as a blanket way of dealing with the world and other people.

Oh, heh, a big welcome to doIlookfat! How are you doing?

Lavender Girl, I see you got the colors working. I'm glad, it makes things cheerier, doesn't it? Oh, and congratulations on the weight loss. What are you doing to lose weight? Just cutting back? exercising more? Are you near Stuttgart or Augsburg or around there and are you in the military (if you don't mind me asking, otherwise just ignore me :lol:) I lived in Munich for four years. German was my major in university and I went abroad for my junior year, then stayed. I've been back a few times on stories and so but not for long. I like it but then got tired of the seriousness atmosphere of so much of it and the oldness, something I don't really like. I have found Asia to be a surprising compromise and much more open and tolerant, and I don't know, just freer feeling (for me at least) than Europe was.

Oh, don't you worry about me and dear Phil. I can't stand him but I'll read him (if I can find his book dirt cheap used somewhere down the road over here). Nothing like being informed. He just rubs me the wrong way, that's all and I don't like his smug style. But I don't want to talk about him. If whatever you read helps you then fine, go with it! :) I just got ticked on the Phil thread because someone had come in and said she didn't like him and that poster got shot down. What's all the defensiveness about? Other people's opinions shouldn't just be respected, I think they should be welcomed and encouraged. How else will we ever realize our own blind spots?

Sorry, I don't know of any recipes offhand. What do you mean by male plans and foods though? Anyhow, I'm a vegetarian so the things I eat would probably not appeal, although curries might. I love Indian food and make a lot of curry. They can be very easy to make if you get all the spices in them and you can easily take out the fat to make them healthy.

Heh, I am having MAJOR problems with my computer so let me get this out to you if I can and I'll catch up with the people I missed later. I wrote this last night by the way and it's already Monday morning here but I think I can send it now. Wish me luck!

redballoon
09-14-2003, 10:04 PM
OK, I changed keyboards. Am now using an old one and that seems to have helped. Last night I couldn't do anything as I couldn't type and any application I called up it was like someone was holding a key down. Anyhow, it's OK for now. Probably the cats lying on it messed something up.

Well, let's see, I was going through all the old posts and replying by name and here I hadn't gotten to our founder Angel26 yet. Sorry! Since you have the most posts I was putting them all together at the end. You're so funny warning Lavender about me not liking Dr. Phil! :lol: Don't worry. I'm not going to go off pouting in a corner because people don't do things MY way! Like I said to Lavender before, it was the response to another poster that bothered me. I hate to see anyone being silenced. EVERYONE has a different way of seeing things and I believe we should always strive to really, I mean, REALLY, empathsize with another. This can be near impossible because we have drawn our own conclusions through our own perceptions on life. It's very important to form our own opinions as that's the only thing we can do. It's no good either to be opinionless as that would more or less constitute being without thought! but it is imperative that we always strive to see other realities. I think this is extremely hard for most people. Our realities are formed by what we have experienced but reading and imagination, an expansion of the mind, not an opening, can take us further than our experiences. OK, getting a bit heavy here.

So, Angel26, how are you doing with your weight loss? You sound to be gearing up for another onslaught. You sound fired even though you say you have no motivation. But what else can we do? Sometimes it works to go through the motions and the feelings will follow.

As far as an emotional roller coaster. I'm not really on one. It's just that things in my life right now are full of uncertainties. I more or less have lived without a net for years and enjoy it because being "hungry" I feel keeps you awake. It forces you to constantly rely on yourself. But now, things just seem to be hitting all at once and even I (the perennial "What? Me Worry? type) am not worried but feeling the crunch. And it's pissing me off. My friend is gettin g married in N.Y. next month and I would love to go but the lack of money (not a problem in itself as I'd just borrow) coupled with the mega uncertainties as to job, horse etc. (all money-related though) are making me think it is just TOO unwise to go. So that's annoying me.

But I am a fighter, resilient like you wouldn't believe, so hard times almost are perhaps what I need now.

As for the weight loss, exercise side of things, I'm doing great there. Well, I haven't lost weight but my body is definitely changing because I've been working out heavy at the gym and can really see the muscle. I feel strong again. I am strong again. It's so great working out and seeing some of the top bodybuilders here all around me, including women. The other branch of the gym didn't have many women working out heavy so it was pretty uninspiring. Anyhow, gotta get a move on it so I can get a good workout in today. It's a national holiday today and even though that doesn't usually affect my work as the paper is open all the time, it happens to be a press holiday too so I'm off. In line with the rest of the world (well, Japan) for once.

losinginillinois, how are you doing? You're so close to goal or are you there yet? Can you tell me a little about what kind of eating/lifestyle you do? It's very inspiring to have someone who is so successful. Good luck to you!

Well, hope you're all doing well. Bye for now! :wave:

Angel26519
09-14-2003, 10:56 PM
Ok now RedBalloon is winded!!! :) Take a deep breath! How great is that long post.... its nice to get those every now and then... sometimes I think mine go on forever and ever and I might bore people..... if I do ignore them. You probably wont miss much!

Red- I hope all the money things come through for you.... I know what type of stress that can add as I am under them also right now with my commissions being cut and my exhusband no longer doing child support. Plus now I am looking at changing careers.... scary and streesful to say the least.....

I am so glad to hear about you gaining the muscle.... isnt that so cool??? When I was going to the gym alot at the first of the year and I started noticing that i had biceps i was always checking them out.... lol

As for the Dr Phil Site and people knocking down the negative commentator.... some of the posts back were pretty harsh to her and I dont like that either. I do like the rebuttals back and forth.... the great debates. That I think is great. I love hearing others opinions and getting into discussions about it. That is how you learn to look at things from a different perspective. Dr Phil does have his fans and I do like him.... do I think he is God? No - but he does make me think.... But I guess it is like going onto the Adkins Thread and posting how unhealthy and unsafe to your liver the diet is.... I would probably get blasted off of there.... so I always say if it works for you GREAT!!!!! Just be careful and stay healthy!

Well I started studying today and was suprised at how much I already know.... I have always been into real estate and looking at housing... I just didnt realize how much I have learned through the years. I am sure there will be more to for me to learn along the way but it is nice to know that I am not so far behind.

Well I made manicotti for dinner tonight - kinda my "Going Away" meal before I start South Beach Tomorrow - altough it really wasnt all that bad for me. I did it with a nice marina sauce and use low fat ricotta cheese and low fat mozzarella. It was good and not bad for us either..... My hubby and daughter are going to do this SouthBeach with me which I am excited about... I think we can all benefit from it... Ultimately what i am going for is to get rid of the bad stuff in our diet.... sugars, starches and white flour.

Anyway I am off to bed. Have a great night all!

LKBAngel
09-15-2003, 09:31 AM
I lost another 2lbs this week!! I don't know how since I haven't been exercising but I did, so I'll take it. That puts me at 216#. So I'm getting there.

Its been awhile since I posted so I'm not sure if I can catch up with everyone but I do want to say Congrats to everyone who has lost weight, Rainbow and Lavender, Way to go!!

I noticed everyone is talking about Dr. Phil, I tend to agree with those who say just do what makes you feel good. Dr. Phil just helps those who admire him bring out what is already there in the first place. You just have to find your source, that something that can bring out the best in you wether its Dr. Phil or Big Bird doesn't really matter as long as what your doing is healthy and makes you happy. Just because others don't agree doesn't make you right or wrong. If the person who says they don't believe with his philosphys thinks about it they may find they have a "thing or person" that when they call upon it will bring out their best too. But hey these are just my opinions :)

I had a great weekend, I ask my snl to watch my kids saturday afternoon and of course she did because I'm always watching her two, but anyway, I wanted to get some work done on my web site and find its easier when the kids are asleep or away so I did manage to get quite alot work done. It was supposed to be for the afternoon and turned into the evening and when I called about getting them she said she had already bathed them and put them to bed and that if I wanted they could spend the night with her. Yippee!! Its been along time since I've had that much free time, so I agreed except for the baby (shes 1) and I haven't spent a night away from her so I waited until the other two were asleep and them went over and got the baby(snl lives right next door), of course she went right back to sleep when I got her home and in her bed, so I was still able to work quietly and I did long into the night. It did a lot to boost my, I don't know how to say it, my happiness level? Anyway you get the idea. We all need time to ourselves sometimes, right?

I have a question, it may sound crazy, but do you think eating red meat can make you feel depressed? I had an expisode of depression this past week and it didn't occur until I had a small portion of steak for dinner. Until then I had been feeling great, and then the next day I woke up not wanting to deal with the world period. It took a couple of days for me too get over the feeling of not wanting to do anything, but I haven't touched red meat since then either. I'm feeling like myself again. I just don't see any other reason for me to go from being happy to "I hate life" in such a short frame of time. I didn't have any outside reasons for feeling that way. So I'm looking for some opinions here, let me know, okay.

Okay, I'll get my crazy self off here and go get some work done, house cleaning time.

Ya'll have a great day ladies,
Angel
------------------------
cw: 216

Angel26519
09-15-2003, 07:08 PM
Hey everyone-

Well I am feeling a little blecky today.... Hubby, daughter and me started a modified SouthBeach.... just really cutting out the bad stuff.... so I havent had any bad stuff today... no sugar, no white flour, no cokes...... have a headache right now..... I know it is just going through the withdrawals.... and I will feel better soon and am proud of myself for sticking to it today of all days....

Received a call last night about midnight that my father in law had a TIA- which is basically a mini stroke.... Luckily everything is fine but at first they didnt know what had happened (he had a heart attack 10 years ago and there was that fear).... he has been in the hospital all day and we have been waiting to see if we need to head out to Dallas.... so far I dont think we will - it looks like he is going to be out tomorrow.....

Anyway, we had that stress today, then work was a pain, and I completely reorganized my office.

Food has been pretty good so far today.... hopefully I can keep this up.... night is the worst for me.....

LKB Angel - Way to go on the weight loss and I totally understand the feeling happy.... feeling like you did something - accomplished something. YEAH for YOU!

I am off to finish the office... almost done.... talk to you soon

Angel26519
09-15-2003, 09:27 PM
Ok- it is a little after 9:00pm here adn I just tallied up my calories for the day 751..... not good.... I havent really felt hungry today just had this headache which I am sure is sugar caffiene withdraws..... so I just made a glass of milk and pb and celery to put me at least over 1000.....

I know not to have under 1000 calories a day or else my body goes into starvation and I really didnt mean to.... I just havent been super hungry today.... will have to watch this closely tomorrow..... Hubby only had 1235 calories today - now he has been hungry today..... we have to up his calories.... I figure if he had about 2000 a day he would be good...

Office is done and I am off to bed since I got so little sleep last night.....

orange_bottle
09-16-2003, 07:21 AM
Hello guys! Just dropping by! I'm quite busy right now.

Angel26519
09-16-2003, 09:27 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Quick Note before I start work!

Hope all is well with everyone!

Hi Orange Bootle..... Good to see you.

Suzanne has officially made a book forum - YEAH!!!!!

Got on the scale and lost over 2#s yesterday.... know it is water weight and hope to slow it down a little bit but have to admit it was nice to see......

redballoon
09-16-2003, 09:47 AM
Congrats to two angels :angel: :angel: on the 2 lbs down, LKB Angel and Angel26 :cp:

Angel26, I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I wish him a quick recovery.

Well, I'm just stopping in to read and say that and now I've got to get some shut-eye. Will write tomorrow.

Good night! :wave:

rainbowmyst
09-16-2003, 11:05 AM
Hello Everyone!

There's not much new with me -- I've been busy getting things together for my daughter's homecoming dance this coming Saturday. Today I'm washing rugs.

Things are so hectic at this time of year. No sooner does homecoming end then she gears up for the talent show. She's going to be singing "Don't Cry For Me, Argentina" from "Evita". She got a round of applause at the audition -- so I'm fairly sure it will go fine. I'm glad I don't have to do a costume this year (haven't the time to sew one at the moment). She's going to make do with last year's prom dress. It has enough "sparkle" to show up well under the stage lights. I am just hoping that will be her only number.

Other than that...I bought Dr. Phil's book because it seems the rest of you are reading it. I haven't begun yet...but plan to do so soon.

This is going to be short because I've two room size rugs to wash.

Hope everyone has a great diet day!

Rainbowmyst

losinginillinois
09-16-2003, 03:36 PM
Just wanted to drop in for a quick Hi! I have been working my butt off around the house the last few days. I am going to be busy the rest of the week so I had to get something done.

Congrads to all our losers!!! Yeah! Its great to have you guys jump on the bandwagon.

As for me my eating, exercising everything has been off with all of this company. I will be glad when everything is back to normal! Whatever that is!

Did get some good news today. That women ( as I nicely refer to her as) that ripped us off has been in jail since last Thurs.! YEAH! I hope that doesn't sound to mean but I just really want her to pay for what she did. I guess or hope that she will get the help she needs in prison also.

Well I won't be around much this week but will try and check in! Keep it up ladies!

Angel I don't know about your red meat questoin. Maybe someone else will answer.

Beth

Angel26519
09-16-2003, 05:32 PM
Nice to hear from you Beth! Glad to hear about the lady being in jail.... maybe, just maybe there will be some justice..... Hope things are gong well on the house.

Well Day 2 on the new diet.... been doing great other than a headache.... although i am now remembering that I was having headaches every afternoon a few weeks ago and wonder if that is what is coming back or if it is the detoxing that is going on....

Did walk for a mile on the treadmill today.... 1st time in awhile. YEAH!

Rainbow- I know what you mean about things always going in full steam with kids.... my duaghter also sings in competition.... she has won about 25 of them so far.... came in second once and third one time.... she is really pretty good.... I dont have a clue where she got her talent... it had to be from GOD... she sang at my wedding for me back in May and there wasnt a drive eye in the place.... She sang "Over The Rainbow", "Amazing Grace" acapella which are my two favorite songs that she sings and then also "There you are" by Martina McBride.... it was wonderful!

My Father in Law has gotten out of the hospital today and is looking pretty good. The doctor thinks that some plaque broke loose and that is how he had the mini strokes... I hope they have caught this in time.... they just bought the new house and that could be awful if he became seriously injured.

Well I am off to cook dinner!

Talk to you guys soon!

redballoon
09-16-2003, 08:42 PM
Heh there people, making some time here to get back to you all, after that mega message. :rolleyes: It wasn't THAT long though. I think we've got a lot of talkative people on this thread and I, for one, enjoy it. Hope everyone else does! Angel26, I'm sorry I mistakenly thought it was your father who had the stroke. I see now that it was your father-in-law. How is he doing?

Angel26, thanks for the hopes that things work out for me. I sure hope they do too and actually, if I must say so myself, I kind of enjoy the thrill of insecurity. When it's over money I don't really mind. To me, money has never been of much importance. I mean, I need it, sure, but it has never been something by which I've measured myself, my worth or success and SO many people do. Maybe that's why I never have much of it! :lol: Heh, I hope your money worries work out too. Major cuts in income translate to stress because they mean big changes in your life. And what a bummer with the child support drying up. But just maybe this is about things being shaken up for the better. If you're looking at a career change you have opened the window to bigger and better things happening for you. Keep the faith!

Yeah, I'm packing the muscle on again. And this time I am going to get the fat to come off! Because if I don't I know what's going to happen. I just keep getting bigger and bigger. Talk about looking like the Hulk. This time, however, I'm not alone (years ago I was). Now there are a lot of women at the gym who compete and seeing the weight they're heaving around and, because they're ripped, they're not very big. In fact, they are tiny! So, I look at them and I realize a lot of me must be fat, otherwise why would I be so much bigger. But you know, so much of being strong is about attitude and this even holds true with when you put on actual muscle. You feel strong, you walk differently, you talk differently. I mean, the mind and body are one so it's just common sense. So, even when you're not that big you act and seem BIG! It's easy to start feeling like a hulk when actually you're not.

Good luck on your studies. I would think you would know a lot about real estate if you've been in the field for a while, even if you didn't have your license. The math and law I found very interesting. All the jargon. I think you'll have fun and will no doubt breeze through your exam.

Oh, and I hope you feel better with the headaches. That is definitely from the lack of caffeine. Caffeine is horribly addictive. If you can bear with the pain it'll be gone soon but going cold turkey with caffeine if you have a busy life can be sheer ****. But you're doing your body a big favor (in the long run). It may not seem that way now though. Sugar withdrawal can be debilitating as well, perhaps more so. People have been known to be knocked flat as if they had a bad case of the flu and so. Sugar is not the sweet thing people like to think it is. The processed stuff we dump in our bodies is not natural at all. It is pure chemical, manufactured and it wreaks havoc on our bodies. Go natural if you can. Wow, I'm getting a craving for sweet cherries, pineapple and watermelon right now! I'm going to hit the supermarket soon!

LKBAngel, as I said before, congratulations on your weight loss. You ARE doing it and pretty soon you're going to break through that psychological barrier of 200. I'd put my nose to the grindstone till then at least and then after you break through the momentum and mental/emotional boost you're going to get from that will push you along. I don't know about you but these mental barriers are no little thing. I have my own about 60 kgs. The numbers don't matter, whether it's 200 lbs or 100 lbs so don't think that has anything to do with it. In fact, the barrier for me is probably even up to 65 kgs because I haven't seen that in years. 60 was probably the lowest I can remember (before that it was in lbs and so it's like it's no longer real to me). I think you start to define yourself by numbers, especially when you've been around a certain number for a while. And then, it becomes harder and harder to even think of yourself as being different than what you are now. But once you break through, your mind expands and opens itself to all these new possibilities. Until then, people can tell you, you can do image training galore but something's not registering. Inside, somethng's going, "Huh?!?! I'm not reading you here." So, keep it up, Angel, you're going to start FEELING those possibilities soon.

I liked your thoughts on Dr. Phil and especially the Big Bird part! That was too funny. I love it when people make the analogy so ridiculous looking that you're forced to see the ludicrousness of it all. I can say I get my most inspiration from my cat or from the flowers outside my room for all that matters. And I'm one of the first to say, "OK, whatever works for you, kid." But I do get bothered when others don't offer this same "to each his own" attitude. Then again, when something bothers me I try to do a reflection to check if there are areas where I am acting in a similar way. You usually can come up with something. It doesn't mean the others were justified in their intolerance but it at least lets you understand it and be compassionate about it. Same song, different dance.

One more thing, you asked about meat and depression. Now, I've been a vegetarian for years and years and I could give you a flippant, "I'd sure be depressed if I ate meat," but no, in all fairness to our meat lovers I won't. But I will say, that yes, most definitely yes I would say it's very possible for you to have become depressed from eating meat, or from any food for that matter that works that way for you. Now, I would say it would be most unlikely for you to get depressed from a grapefruit or bowl of lentil soup (homemade, no chemicals, no sugar). But meat, for one, is highly acidic, as is sugar, alcohol and dairy products. When the body is in an acid state it is not healthy. It's all about keeping it balanced. The other thing is that meat can contain just hordes of chemicals and antibiotics. So, if you are sensitive to foods (many people are and never realize it) then it's very possible that the meat tipped you into a depression. Our chemical balances are so fragile and especially that of a woman's. The best thing I did for myself was start listening to how my body was reacting, like a detective or a research scientist I started experimenting with different foods and reactions. This can be hard to do because you have to keep other factors out of it. I found that I am highly sensitive to certain preservatives and MSG and they almost immediately give me sharp headaches. Depending on your physical state though the effects can be different. Anyhow, keep that analytical mind in the forefront and look into these things. But I'd say, don't dwell on the feelings eithers. It could be something else, and wondering, why, oh, why?! may just make it worse.

rainbowmyst, It's good to hear from you again. I was worried as you've always been one of the most talkative among us. You sound very busy on the homefront and having a talented daughter (who obviously takes after her mother!) makes it all the busier to be sure. "Dont Cry for Me" is a very difficult song to sing isn't it? I'm not really familiar with it but am sure I'd recognize it if I heard it. I just know it's famous. I am so bad with names. How is your fast coming along now, after those difficult times you went through, with the clash with your friend and so. Is the weight still coming off? I hope so and I wish you lots of luck and strength!

losinginillinois, Hi to you too, another person busy on the homefront. I'm glad to hear the woman who ripped you off is being made to come to terms with what she's done. I really couldn't say too much for the benefits of our penal system but maybe it'll cause her to wake up. Good luck on getting back on track once things have settled a bit for you. We'll be watching for you!

angel4real
09-17-2003, 08:12 PM
hello everyone... sorry i have been missing in action. I have just been so busy lately, and since I type realy really slow, I dont have much time to post. I try to read as much as i can between work, but I havent had a lot of time to do much of anything. I Just wanted to check in and let you know that Im alvie and well. and still staying on my diet, drinking all my water, and exercising. :-)

I am on instant messenger at work and can be reached like that if anyone else has MSN or AIM...
my msn id is mia_Esc@Hotmail.com
my aim Id is miescalante

I hope that you are all doing well.. I will try to get back to regular posting soon.

rainbowmyst
09-17-2003, 10:29 PM
Hello Everyone!

I'm still busy getting things ready for my daughter's "homecoming" dance. Every year, I make dinner for her and her friends and serve it in the dining room. With the high cost of tickets and dresses, these kids need a financial "break" so it comes in the form of dinner at my house!

In any event, that requires getting the dining room into shape for a "company formal dinner" and pulling out all the seldom used china. I'm already exhausted and Saturday isn't even here.

The menu is already planned. That's harder than it sounds. I have to serve a dinner which appears "elegant" but still caters to "teenage" tastes. At that age, anything too elaborate turns them off and yet they want something "fancy and grown-up". This year's menu is an Italian chicken dish. I'll serve it with salad, mashed potatoes with additions to fancy it up :) and some kind of green vegetable. The kids want cheesecake for dessert -- so that part is easy. Still, deciding on the "menu" takes the better part of a month spent in "taste testing" by my daughter. She doesn't want the same menu as previous years -- so we present different options at dinner all during September until she hits "the one" she wants served for "homecoming dinner".

I did get to the gym this morning for my half hour walk. I think I might continue exercising each day after all -- it's easier than I thought it would be.

This evening, hubby and I went to the outdoor mall and walked around (so I guess I can count that as another exercise period). We were walking for almost an hour.

Other than that -- not much is new with me.

Hope all of you are all doing well on your programs. Hopefully, after "homecoming" I'll have more time to post.

Rainbowmyst

Angel26519
09-18-2003, 08:12 AM
Hey Everyone!

Rainbow- You sound like super mom!!!! Thats great!

Mia- Hi Nice to see you!

Red- I know what you mean about getting off the fat.... I know that I have alot of muscle in my legs but until the fat goes away they just look big!

I am looking forward to the career change. I hope I am going in the right direction. It feels right and everyone around me goes "Oh yes - thats you!" I am also excited about it.... I havent been excited about work in a while.....

Well I went and saw the play Les Miserables last night.... it was fabulous! We went to La Luna's for dinner which is an authenic Italian Resturant and is so good.... needless to say the diet went bye-bye last night.... but I did get on the scale this morning and havent gained anything.... it will probably show up in the next couple of days.....

I am getting my water intake back up again.... I drank about 60 ounces yesterday.... I used to drink a ton of water and I just have to get back in the habit.

Took my one cat, Romie (which is really now my neighbors cat) to the vet yesterday because he has been voiceless for about 4 days and sounding awful.... he has had allergies in the past
but it hasnt lasted this long...... so I took him to the vet.... there is a new vet at the clinic and he was an idiot!!!! I dropped Romie off at 8:00 yesterday and told them to call me when they looked at him. That i had to pick him up between 3-4 because we had plans.... no one ever called.... i go by at 2 and was told "oh welll he will call you around 4:30" and I was like no he wont.... he hadnt even looked at the cat.... then basically said he didnt know what was wrong and wanted to do blood work which he could have done that morning had he called me!!!! Ruled out diabetes and kidney failure....but couldnt rule out aids or lukemia.... altough white counts were fine.... I said what about allergies... he said "oh well it could be that" then I also said what about teeth issues "oh well it could be that since his gums were swollen" I was having to tell him things and was getting very angry.... finally I told him to give me some antibiotics and if I needed him I would come back.... NOT.... I am now finding another vet!!!!!

Anyway, I am off to work!

Have a great Day!!!!

LKBAngel
09-18-2003, 09:19 AM
Hello Ladies,

I posted this same thing on the Jewels Within thread so instead of rewriting it I just did a little copy and paste, I did want to share with everyone because I need the support.

I have to take my 2 year old to a pediatric cardioliogist tomorrow, those words are scary, she has a heart murmur and I was told that shes fine they just want to be sure. Her doctor said something about the flow not sounding quite right. Now that the time to take her is almost here I've been driving myself crazy with what-ifs, like what if the dr. just didn't want to worry me and is waiting the ped card. to do that. I swear if that doctor didn't tell me something I'll go to his office and raise all kinds of ****!! Of course it could be nothing, because from everything I've read heart murmurs can occur quite frequently in kids and go away on there own. Then again it depends on the type of murmur it is. See how I'm doing this to myself. I am praying that everything is fine and I'm just doing the overly worried mother bit. Which is probably all it is.

Anyway, I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Angel

This is my girl :)

http://members.aol.com/aajdesign/katie2.jpg

redballoon
09-18-2003, 04:59 PM
LKBAngel, I'm out the door here and can't write but I wanted to just jump in here and say I'm hoping for the best and a good report for your little girl. She is beautiful! Yes, this is probably nothing and even if it is, you'll all make it through OK. You all have my prayers! Be strong!

Angel26519
09-18-2003, 05:57 PM
lkb angel-

I know how scared you are.... You and she will be fine...

You will be in our prayers and thoughts!

rainbowmyst
09-18-2003, 08:31 PM
lkb Angel -- Don't worry. From your description this sounds like a precautionary exam.

You and your lovely daughter are in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

Rainbowmyst

Angel26519
09-19-2003, 09:06 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

LkB Angel- Hope all is well with you and your daughter today!!!!

Mia, Beth, Red, Orange, Rainbow and Lavender - I hope you guys are having a great day!!!!

As for me- I have lots of things I would love to see accomplished this weekend!

I have got to finish reading my reading assignments for my real estate class that starts October 1st. I have to finish the 1st reading assignment for the Dr Phil's Book Club that starts Monday, I have a car to wash, a closet to clean, and a house to clean up.... all so much fun dont you think???? Actually reading is fun for me although all the laws in real estate can put you to sleep...zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I havent gotten on the scale for a few days and am interested to see how I have done.... havent decided if I am going to go to WW tomorrow or not... havent really been following the plan lately been doing to south beach thing more although I always hate just having part of the program materials in case I want to follow it later on and if I stop now and go back later they will just give me the infor that I already have.... i know I am crazy but I like having all the info.

LKBAngel
09-19-2003, 02:21 PM
Hi all,

Heres the update on my daughter. Turns out she has a normal heart murmur and a trivial valve PS and the doctor suggested she may have Noonans Syndrome. The heart conditions may be a result of the Noonans Syndrome, which is from all I've read since returning home, a condition that can affect growth and development among other things, there is very little information about it on the net that I have been able to find. The extremely good news is that none of it is life threatening, and she can lead a normal life even with all these conditions affecting her. The next step is a echocardiogram (spelling?) which won't happen until 2006! He says that because of her age right now he wants to wait until she can be still for it, because right now she would have to be sedated. I'm not sure if I'm willing to wait that long, so I will be talking to a few more doctors. Anyway, right now, she is happy and here and thats all that matters!!

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!

LKBAngel

Angel26519
09-19-2003, 05:45 PM
LKB - I am so glad to hear about your daughter.... you will stay in my thoughts and prayers but it all sounds good!

Quick not for now.... Talk more later!

redballoon
09-19-2003, 07:10 PM
LKBAngel, just wanted to pop in to say I'm glad the report seems rather positive. I'm glad to see you're going to get second opinions and that you are immediately researching things on your own. You're really something, Angel. Way to go. We're all thinking of you and your daughter. I hope you feel you're not alone. All my best!

Angel26519
09-20-2003, 11:11 AM
I hope everyone is well!

Slept late this monring. 10am..... I havent slept that late in I dont know how long! It was kinda nice but my back starts hurting if I am in bed too long....

Well I had pizza last night for dinner... but only had 1 slice so that was good and also a glass of regular Coke... boo....

Got on the scale this morning and still weighed 205# which is down 2#s in a week.... lost it all in one day though but I figure if I kept it off all week then it wasnt just water weight....

When we got done eating pizza I made everyone get up and help me clean up.... I am tired of being the maid and with a hubby, 17 year old and 15 year old they can help! So we were able to get the house (except the bedrooms) cleaned up in 1 hour..... it is something that would normally take me all day to do by myself.... I think this is going to be the plan in the future... now my saturday is free to do other things....

I get to clean out my closet... oh yeah.... then I have lots of studying to do for my real estate class that starts in October.

How is everyone else doing????

Red- How is work going? And the weightlifting?

LKB Angel- I am so glad to hear about your daughter. That is really great!

Rainbow- Is this the weekend you turn your dining room into a resturant? If so I hope it all goes smoothly!

Mia- How are you doing? I used to type real slow also until I started posting on these boards and chetting online.... it speeded up my typing considerably.

Beth- How is the house coming along? Is all the testoterone driving you crazy yet????

DoILookFat- Are you still on board with us?

Lavender- How are you doing on the other side of the water? Has you cold gotten better? Have you found that other place to stay yet?

Orange - How are you doing? We miss you!

PyePye- How are you doing? We miss you also!

AM I missing anyone? I hope not!

I am off now. Talk to you soon!

Lavender Girl
09-20-2003, 01:25 PM
Happy Weekend everyone!!
I have spent the past 20 minutes catching up on everyones posts. It was good hearing from all of ya'll over there....
Yes, we have had those wonderful autum temp.s out here. I don't know how tuned into world news everyone is, but this past summer has been the hottest Europe has experienced for 100 years, and as some of you well know - Germans don't believe in air conditioning! So! It was fun to say the least. It cooled off right around Sept 1, and I was very greatful, I don't much like the heat. As for why I live in Germany, I am in the Army. I live in Kaiserslautern with about 30,000 other Americans mostly Air Force and Army and tons of civilian government workers.
So, redballoon - what part of asia did/do you live in? And what about this horse? I grew up on a horse farm, riding since I could walk - in fact I used to ride horses for the Army in a special unit back in the States. What do you do for a living with a college major in German Studies was it? I would actually be interested in what everyone on here does for a living... i'll bet we have a really diverse group!
Rainbowmyst, I have a 3.5 year old son and I realllly want to have more babies, and hopefully I will soon. I want to be like you! Your kids must love having you around and you are so involved in their lives! I hope that I will be like that, too.
As far as local news from my area... it has been another busy week - thankfully! I have been busy at work and at the gym, i have started lifting weights at lunch, and doing cardio (running) in the morning, and the gym on weekends:dizzy: , & sometimes biking at night. We are moving to a new apt this month and I am excited, we will be moving into military housing and that means not paying anymore utilites on the German economy!! Yay!!!:smug: AND - here is the best part - We get an American WASHER AND DRYER!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!! And an American size refridgerator (sp?) And more american TV channels!! AND cable internet connection!!!!! ----- Anyway, I am excited! We will be moved in there before the first of Nov. hopefully sooner.
I haven't lost anymore lbs, but with all of the weight lifting I didn't expect to, and reall,y it's not my biggest concern. More muscle is my goal right now, that and uncovering what I already have. ;)
I just love that tight muscle feeling I get from the gym, where I can feel myself move, and that good pain that lets me know that I have really worked something - not to be confused with that bad pain that lets me know that I really hurt something. :o
Well, i have lots to do yet, so I'm gonna get going! I can't wait to read the new posts and catch up on how everyone is doing!!
:D Later everyone!

LKBAngel
09-21-2003, 10:39 AM
Hello Everyone,

Turns out after finding an email list (listserv) of people who children have Noonans and getting there opinions on the situation I'm in that waiting three years to have the echo done is not a good idea, and also the fact that she MAY HAVE Noonans is not sitting well with me either. The pulmonary stenosis that she has is something that he thinks is wrong but can not verify without the echo and if that is what it is then she needs to be monitored more frequently than every 3 years. I'm really ticked off about this, because he made everything sound okay when in fact waiting to find out is not the appropriate action. I tried to get the cardioligist on the phone the other day to discuss this with him but had no luck so I'm going back to her doctor and expressing my concerns to him, and if he doesn't do anything then I'm going to find someone who will.

I did find more information on Noonan Syndrome and it can cause more problems than I initially new so I'm worried and there is no way I can wait 3 years to find out.

Anyway, sorry for dumping this on everyone, but I have been talking to just about everyone for support and because I'm to the point were I would just like nothing better than to have a good cry, but there isn't time for emotional break-downs. Its just plain easier to type and share, if that makes sense.

On to other things, my diet has suffered this weekend. I'm somewhat of an emotional eater so I've been doing alot of eating, I know I shouldn't but just can't seem to help myself right now. I'm going to try to get back on track today.

Rainbow~~You do sound like a wonderful mother, and you have given me some great ideas for when my girls are older. I bet it is a lot of work but great fun too!!

I know this isn't quite the same thing but my kids are still young, but for Halloween I always ask my oldest one what she wants to be about a month before, so I can hand make her costume. This year she wants to be a butterfly so I know that will be a fun costume. Last year she was a princess, so I made everything, dress, hat, wand (because she wanted it) and we even decorated a bucket to match her outfit for trick or treating. It took a lot of time but it was fun!! We also carve pumpkins and last year we did Shrek, he turned out really cool. We have also done scooby-doo. I'm letting my middle girl go this year also but she can't quite tell me yet what she wants to be so I'm thinking maybe a ladybug, because I call her my ladybug often.

I guess thats about it for now, I'm not looking forward to stepping on a scale today, but I will anyway, wish me luck!

Thanks for listening to my problems!!

LKBAngel

cw: 216

rainbowmyst
09-21-2003, 03:43 PM
Hello Everyone!

LKB Angel -- I think it's probably a good idea to discuss your daughter's condition with your doctor once again. I really understand where you are coming from (my son has autism) -- so as a mom -- I know how important it is to have someone with whom you can share feelings. This is a stressful time, but you will find the strength to see it through. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Generally: WHEW! Homecoming is over. Dinner was a smashing success and my daughter and her friends looked beautiful. I managed to get them dressed, madeup, fed, and out the door on time. If I knew how to insert a photo I'd do so -- but I haven't figured out the how yet. If anybody would care to explain the photo posting system...then I'll show you a digital from last night.

Otherwise...I hope everyone is doing well on program. I'd write more -- but I have to straighten everything up from last night. Girls "getting ready" can cause a huge mess. One bathroom looks like a cyclone hit! And although I washed all the dishes, I still have to pack the china back in the protective bags.

Rainbowmyst

rainbowmyst
09-21-2003, 08:10 PM
Hello Everyone!

I am not sure this link will work -- but here's a link to a photo of my daughter and her friends before they left for the homecoming dance.

My daughter is the blonde wearing the blue dress.

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=showMyPhoto&albumID=91399588&photoID=91399878&security=FgfUSb

Rainbowmyst

Angel26519
09-21-2003, 09:19 PM
Hi Everyone!

Just a quick post... having computer problems and hubby is trying to install a driver on the computer. I am currently having to use a dila up and let me tell you once you are used to dsl you can never go back..... it has taken him 30 minutes to ownload this driver... UGH!

Anyway, I will post to catch up with everyone hopefully tomorrow.

redballoon
09-21-2003, 11:54 PM
rainbow, I couldn't access your photo. It seems like you have to be logged in to that site to do so.

losinginillinois
09-22-2003, 08:34 AM
Hello All!

Sorry for the long absence. As you know things are crazy here. We actually have the house sided. Its just the garage now. But there is a lot of little extra projects that need to be done. My bil's also decided now to stay another week. So they are not leaving until the first week in Oct. I pray I can make it. They are not so bad its just a lot to have so many people in your house. Not to mention they eat a lot of food!!

LkbAngel I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. I think you are right to push them to do more now. My son had water on his brain when he was a baby and it is very stressful when your kids are not "all right". If you met my son now you probably would not know he had any problems but I still see it. The water on his brain is gone now but they stated he would be caught up by the time he is five. Well that is not the case and I am always concerned for him. So I guess what I am saying is I understand btdt. It is stressful and hard to deal with when it is your child. Hopefully finding out more will ease your anxiety.

Well as far as my diet goes. I had a very suprising 2.5 loss this week. I was very shocked. Everything felt off to me but maybe the stress I feel is what did it. So I am actually below goal now. 133.25. I am trying to taper off now. Because I don't really want to get much smaller. Tone would be nice but I don't want to lose much more.

My TOPS club had there fall rally this weekend. My club picked me to be there club angel. Its supposed to be the person with the most sucess, and who motivates them ect... It brought tears to my eyes. The ladies in my club are very nice.

Well I have to run. It is time to get my son up for school!

Good Luck Ladies!

Beth

Angel26519
09-22-2003, 08:40 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Well hubby worked on the computer yesterday from 2:30pm until 1:00am and it still doesnt have eerything back on.... dsl is working though.... THANK GOD!!!!! I will tell you once you have dsl you cant stand dial up....

Well I got the book club up and running this morning. Running behind at work here and cant seem to get motivated to care about it. Just cant stand my job anymore. Been trying to get my boss on the phone since last wednesday to get some special pricing for a customer. Cant get him on the phone. How am I supposed to get aything done when I cant even speak to him!
UGH!!!!!

LKB ANgel- I will continue to pray for you and your daughter. I hope it all works out. I know how concerned you are. When my son was 5 he contracted HSP.... a rare thing that no one really knows about.... it creates a rash all over the lower half of the body where the blood vessels just start releasing the blood, servere arthritic type pain in all the joints, and lots of other things happen.... we took him to the doctor and at first told me it was growing pains and to take him home(at the time the rash wasnt there) by the time I got home the rash was there and called the doctor and he sent me to the emergency room where we say all night.... it is a scary thing when you walk out of your childs er room to see 5 doctors with medical books in front of them flipping pages because they have no clue what he has.... he turned out fine - THANK GOD! - but it is scary. I hope yours turns out as well.

Rainbow- YOU SURVIVED!!!! YEAH!!!! I havent tried to get the pic yet... waiting for my computer to be better!

Well I had best get to work!

Lavender Girl
09-23-2003, 02:04 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!:sunny:

Well, I didn't have PT this morning and it was raining outside, so i did the lazy thing and slept in.. it may not have been the best choice but boy it sure felt good!!
I weighed in yesterday and after a HORRIABLE food weekend I had not gained or lost a lb. I am not exactly sure what my problem is with the food. I was doing so well.
Congratulations to Loosing in IL for PASSING your goal!:balloons: I know I would love to be 133lbs again. ;)
Reading your post brought to mind a question I have for everyone. I am trying to tone and lose at the smae time (well, I have to tone and loose at the same time) and I know that liftign weights can slow weight loss in one sence that it weighs more than muscle (but it also burns fat better). So, what is everyone else doing??
I have to finish getting ready for work.
Have a great day!

Angel26519
09-23-2003, 10:05 AM
WAY TO GO BETH!!!!!!!!

You and I must have been posting at the same time yesterday because i didnt catch your note!!!! WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!

I know you are thrilled and I am happy for you!

You are definetely an inspiration and the TOPS lady picked the right angel!

That is such great news - you made my day!
:) :D :p :dizzy: :^: :lol: :smug: :) :cool:

As for me I got on the scale this morning and am down another 1/2#... I dont really know how because I ate at McD's last night... (BOO!!!!) I dont ever eat at McD's - as in EVER but it was calling my name so bad that I finally said "Let's just get it over so I wont feel like this all week".... I just got the chicken nuggets kids meal and really only ate half of it so I dont feel like I did too bad but still wish I wouldnt have....

Lavender- I do work with weights. I know that muscle weighs more but it also makes you look better and also muscle burns more calories that fat so hat actually once you build the muscle you would lose weight faster.........
Anyway, I am running late for work! Will catch up to you later!

Angel26519
09-23-2003, 08:47 PM
Hey Everyone!!!!!

How is everything going? Work is a little hectic right now.......

Studying real estate also.... classes start next Wednesday......

Have lost anouther 1/2# which is great since I am not really doing anything significant.... lots of thoughts going on lately.... and just doing some basic common stuff.....

Hope everyone else is doing great....... talk to you soon!

Lavender Girl
09-24-2003, 02:32 AM
Has anyone gotten sick after excersizing? This morning after P.T. (physical training) I started feeling nauseated towards the end and when we started streching I started getting chills but was still sweating, I got in my car to go home and could smell all of the autoban which made me sicker to my tummy and that I felt like I had to go to the bathroom RIGHT NOW.. I got home - skin was cold to the touch, but i took eveything off because I felt so hot... I just sat on the bathroom floor wishing I would die. It took me about 30 minutes just to be able to stand in the shower and then the smell of my shampoo made me sick. Right now its been a little over an hour and I still feel like crap.
I sounds like a heat injury, but my work out wasn't that hard and it was really cold outside this morning.
I am afraid to eat because I don't want to see it in reverse. And I am supposed to go to the gym at 11.30!
Well, I hope everyone's morning was better than mine! :p
Has this ever happened to anyone else? What did you do?

redballoon
09-24-2003, 06:19 AM
Lavender Girl, I've gotten sick after exercising but I don't think it was due to the exercise, at least, not with the symptoms you describe.

That sounds either like food poisoning or the flu coming on and I'd say more like food poisoning because the smells made you feel sick. I'd rethink going to the gym and take it easy till you see what you've got. The changing seasons can do that if you've gotten a bad chill too but the smells making you nauseous sounds like it's more. This is the season for sudden illnesses so don't get too worried. Just lie low and you should get through it.

Wow, I sure hope you feel better! Here's wishing you well. :)

Angel26519
09-24-2003, 08:19 AM
Hi Lavender- I am with red - I dont think it was the work out... it may have brought it on faster because you got everything moving but I think it is probably food poisoning of some kind!

I would take a break from the gym today. You dont want to push too hard when you are sick like that!

I hope ou feel better soon!

How is everyone else doing?

I am doing pretty good. Been looking into the internal stuff alot lately. I guess because I am working through Dr Phil's book.

I am starting to realize that alot of my 'truths' arent true at all.... one of the things he has said in passing on his show yesterday that had a lightbulb go on was

"Everyone has a role in life? What is your role and what would you like your role to be?"

I realize that I have played a role of being this outgoing, happy person. Always doing stuff for everyone else so that I feel that I deserve their love. Like if I didnt bend over backwards to do everything for them then I didnt deserve it. Happy, Happy, Happy!
Always hiding behind the smile. I dont want to be that role anymore.

I want to be the person that really is happy. Happy with her family. Happy with her job. Happy with herself. I want to feel sexy, confident, smart (I feel so stupid at times), funny. I can be this person and that is the person I am going to work on being.

losinginillinois
09-24-2003, 10:28 AM
Hello All!
Well Just dropping in for a minute. I have to take my mil to the doctor this morning.

Angel way to go on the loss! I would not sweat it about the MCd's either. I eat there sometimes and I usually just have a double cheeseburger or that and a few fries. But then I try to eat light the rest of the day. We can't live in a bubble Mcd's is always going to be there and its how we handle it that matters.

How is everyone else? Lavendar I hope you are feeling better. Sounds like the flu. Are you sure its not morning sickness? Dare I even say it!!

Well I have to run. Thanks for the congrads!

Beth

Angel26519
09-25-2003, 09:04 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

I hope all is well in yalls world!

Well food wise I am not doing so good... not doing terrible just not being supper diligent like I should.....

Been trying to get so much accomplished that I am starting to put myself on the back burner again... (BAD - BAD - BAD)..... what is it about us girls that think everything else and everybody else is more important thatn little ole us???? I get so frustrated with myself!!!!

I have got to my calender back out and start living on a schedule if I plan on getting anything done!

Thanks for the encouragment Beth! I need that!

Lavender- How are you feeling? My daughter came ome from school yesterday with the flu.... was saying all the things you had posted.... did you give her the flu??? :)

Beth- I am glad to hear your house is almost done. I know you will be so happy when it is....

LKB- How are you and your daughter and family doing?

Red- How is your time in the gym going? How is work doing?

Rainbow- How are you recovering from being Super Mom???? Is there any "Me" Time in your schedule?

How is everyone else doing? We miss you guys! Come back soon!

I am bound and determined to get a workout in today.... have to go to Olive Garden for lunch for a baby shower today... UGH!!!!! Save me from pasta!!!!!

rainbowmyst
09-25-2003, 09:27 AM
Hi Everyone! :grouphug:

The past two days have been awful. I am one of the unfortunate people who suffer from seasonal affective disorder. It's been cold, damp and dreary and my mood went straight into the toilet. I spent a lot of time sleeping and feeling sorry for myself Poor me! :cry:

I was OP though -- despite the fact that I wanted to drown my sorrows in Kraft macaroni and cheese (which I consider THE comfort food). But I stayed firm and resolute. I am down to 176.5 lbs. as of this morning.

I did manage to walk -- I purposely picked the mall due to all the lights, people and displays. It alleviated some of the more depressive aspects of this syndrome. I MUST get myself a light box. I simply can't spend another fall and winter cringing in dark corners -- SAD is the pits!!!

Congrats to Beth for showing us the way!

Hope your daughter is much better Angel -- keep me posted.

Red -- your enthusiasm is contagious. I've been reading some of your other threads. You kept me going on days this week when I wanted to hide under the covers.

Lavendar-- sorry to hear you've been ill. Don't overdo the exercise until you recover.

Angel -- I am also reading Dr. Phil's book but I don't think I am as far along as you are yet. The man makes a lot of sense, doesn't he?

Today is bright and sunny so I am more myself. :dance:

Hope everyone is having a great diet day!!!

Rainbowmyst

Lavender Girl
09-25-2003, 01:53 PM
Hey all!

I hope that everyone has had a great day... Yesterday after I got a shower and rested for a few minutes I was well enough to get ready for work and about 3 hours later I was alright again.
Thanks for all of the well wishes!!
:) ;)
Today has been busy, and not a very good diet day:( I hope tomorrow will be better.
What do you all do to recover from an eating slump?
Well, I gotta get going!
:chockiss:
Later ladies!

Angel26519
09-25-2003, 06:42 PM
I get from a eating slump by telling my self it is over and just start fresh!

You cant undo what you have done you just have to walk away from it and start clean....

You can do it!

I am on the same boat as you..... so we can start fresh together!

Angel26519
09-27-2003, 09:54 AM
Great Saturday Morning Everyone!

How is everyone? We seem to be getting quite....

This weeks has been crazy for me.... trying to get so much done because I start the actual real estate classes next Wednesday and trying to get that all done....

THen work has been a bummer.... trying so hard to be motivated and keep working but when You no longer want to be there.... no longer believe in what you are doing...you wonder why you are doing it???? oh yeah - I have bills to pay!

Havent been doing to well on the diet and exercise.... havent felt like I have had the time for it.... time management is a big problem of mine..... I am going to sit down tomorrow and make myself a schedule for the week.... I am really going to have to be deligent about this for awhile because I wont have time to spare really.

Beth- How is the house? Are they almost done on the garage? Do you have your life back yet?

Lavender- How are you doing? Have you had anymore incidence at the gym? How are you liking the Dr Phil Book and Forum?

Red Balloon- How are you doing? How is the bodybuilding going? Is work still as stressful? I hope everything works out for you soon with work.

Rainbow- I havent been able to see the picture of your daughter. Would live to see it if we can figure it out.

LKB Angel- How are you and your daughter doing? Have you found out anything more? Know that I am keeping you in my prayers.

Orange - How are you doing? We miss you!

Pye Pye- How are you doing? We are missing you too!

ANyway, Well September is almost over and right now I weigh less than we I started September so that is going in the right direction.... also feel like I am really starting to pay attention to my life and trying to figure all this out.... I am in hot pursuit of happiness in all aspects of my life.... not just the weight, but with work and personal, etc..... Nothing like trying to tackle everything at once.

We will get a new thread in October..... YEAH!!!!

Lavender Girl
09-27-2003, 02:24 PM
Hello Ladies! :sunny:

How is everyone?
I am doing pretty well.. I was just reviewing my week and realized that I have worked out 5 times this week. I guess I did not do as badly as I thought!:p But, still, I don't think it will equal out my eating for the past week. :?: I have been doing pretty well today tho, so I guess all is not lost.
Next week I start a spinning class, I am going to try to go twice a week (tues. & thurs).
I have my last test before my final Monday night, so I am a little nervous!
Nothing really new or exciting is going on here... what about the rest of you?
I hope to hear from ya'll soon!
;)

rainbowmyst
09-27-2003, 09:13 PM
Hello Everyone!

Okay....I am trying once more with my daughter's homecoming pictures.

http://www.geocities.com/rainbowmyst1/home1.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/rainbowmyst1/home2.jpg

If neither of these links appear to work -- then copy and paste the URL. Geocities is really weird that way -- sometimes it only works if you copy and paste.

I have recovered from this event (thankfully). Dinner is included in the Senior prom bids -- so I won't have to do anything then.

Other than that -- today I've spent time getting back on track from my "planned day off" yesterday. It was my husband's birthday and we celebrated with a nice at home dinner party.

Now I don't anticipate any more occasions coming up until Thanksgiving. I would write more -- but have my hands full at the moment. Something is going around (I think it's flu) and my daughter is ill. I've spent most of the day taking care of her and trying to make her a little more comfortable.

Hope you all had a great diet day!

Rainbowmyst

redballoon
09-28-2003, 07:44 AM
Hi everyone. Sorry I've made myself so scarce recently. I'm still busy and just wanted to jump in and say a quick hello and I've been thinking of you all. The weightlifting was going very well until Friday but the past two days have been a loss. And I've been pigging out on sugar after three sugarfree weeks. It's been four days but seems like 14. I'm back on the wagon tomorrow though so wish me luck. I'll try to get back to each of you later. Take care. Bye for now. :wave:

Angel26519
09-28-2003, 08:48 AM
I am joining you on that sugar free bandwagon tomorrow Red! I have got to get back on.... I know that I am starting to stress eat again and I have got to stop that....

My boss called me Friday and wants to meet Wed Morning.... very hush hush like..... I am terrified I am about to get laid off.... no word yet but I just get this feeling.... UGH!!!!

Rainbow- Your daughter is beautiful.... I love that dress. It was gorgeous. I am glad you have recovered.... tell hubby "Happy Birthday" from the fat chicks :) I am sorry to hear your daughter has the flu.... mine went through it last week.... came home from school on Wednesday and stayed home Thursday..... she is feeling better just has the sinus gunk now....

Anyway, I am off to study real estate... classes start Wednesday!

losinginillinois
09-28-2003, 02:37 PM
Just a quick Hi! Things are not back to normal here and I don't really want to get into it right now. But I am just not feeling myself these last couple of days. I am TOM this week and just feel yuck! So when I feel better and more like chatting I will be back! Until then hang in there and hope you all are well.

Beth

Angel26519
09-29-2003, 10:39 AM
Beth- I hope everything gets better for you soon!

Just a quick note because I am on a time crunch!

My diet has been the pits.... stress is really getting me....

Had a bad dream Saturday that I got laid off this Tuesday.... which is the end of our physical year end. Woke up Sunday in a panic.... Cried alot in church and was stressed all day.... but last night I started realizing that if it happens it happens, me stressing out isnt going to change that. I also figure if I do then God is telling me to concentrate on the real estate and go that way.....

I feel better today (at least for now)!

Hope everyone else is doing Great!

Angel26519
09-30-2003, 09:21 AM
Hi Everyone!

Hope all is well!

Been working through this Dr Phil book and I am actually having lots of light bulbs lighting up.... I am on the emotional stuff at this moment and am realizing all the things that I say to myself and how awful I truly am to myself.... I would never treat my friends this way.....

The weather here has just been fabulous the past few days....I actually stopped working yesterday around lunch time and dragged my neighbor out of her house and made her go for a walk with me.... I almost did it again around 3 but kids came home and house became chaos.....

While my diet has been the pits in that I am not really whatching what I am eating I realized something interesting.... I am not sure whether it is the hynosis tapes, the reading of Dr Phil and understanding more of the emotional eating aspects or what is working but I am not craving my sweets anymore.... Sunday I was very stressed all day and when I was at the grocery store I thought I would get dessert for dinner.... I looked at all the pies and cakes....nothing jumped out at me... heck even Blue Bells Dutch CHocalate Icecream didnt call my name... and I could eat that on my death bed.....also when I go over to my friends house the tradition has always been to grab a COKE and a mini candy bar (she has several candy jars all over)... lately I have been craving a glass of water... so while I am there I am drinking about 3 glasses of water.... big change for me....

I am really starting to feel changes happening in me.... I really think I may be able to do this this time..... I am in no race... I just want to reach the end.

How is everyone else doing? Beth- How is the maintaining going?