Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-01-2017, 12:01 PM   #1  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

Default Walking on treadmill with virtual reality googles on.

I had this crazy idea yesterday, to trek on virtual, exotic lands during my threadmill walks. I thought it would make my workouts more exciting. I searched on YouTube to see if anyone's done the experience but couldn't find anything.Has anyone here tried or heard about this? Input please...
For safety, I think the safety thread on the treadmill can help.
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:10 AM   #2  
Blessed Person Here

Bump bump
Old 05-10-2017, 07:01 AM   #3  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

Height: 5'5"

I think it'd be a blast. Especially if they did something like they do with Wiifit or whatever it called. Never used it. But, if someone came out with some exciting walk through thing I think it'd be a lot of fun and I'd buy them just for that! Multiple sceneries to choose or a park with animals or even a haunted house one. I don't know how they work but if it only let's you see like you would when walking or jogging and keep up with your pace it would make my life SO MUCH MORE FUN!
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I have been waiting years for more seamless integration of VR, games, and exercise platforms. In the meantime I walk on the treadmill while browsing the web (at this moment, my treadmill is actually burnt out after years of overuse and we are scrambling to replace it =( ).

Unfortunately, VR goggles are prone to vertigo as there has generally been a little bit of delay in the visual feedback. So, I'm not sure it when/if it will be really safe to strap on a pair of VR goggles and walk on a normal treadmill.

However, I did notice a kickstarter for a "kat walk" VR platform in development: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...omotion-device. This is supposed to be safe because the walker is supported by a harness.

I've also seen a few "flying" platforms where you are basically prone (they look like fun, but probably not a ton of exercise without really working the leg muscles). Here's one: http://mashable.com/2017/01/12/fitne.../#m.DlaHfkgaqx (I also saw one with actual flapping, but can't find it now).
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 01:21 AM   #5  

Sounds like fun. But is these kinds of googles are available in the market now?
priyasarandc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:44 AM   #6  
Blessed Person Here

Hi guys! Great to get that info! I'd seen that video too, Yoyoma. I personnally don't see much exercice being done there. This is something I'll definitely pursue, though not now. I've settled on dance video games this time around.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 191/184/135

Height: 5'3"

This sounds like fun and I have some of these! I would just be afraid that I would lose my balance and fall on my butt lol!
NewYearsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Treadmill walking/running CAN be boring, when you're just seeing the same wall over and over again. I have a TV in my exercise room and try to exercise during my favorite shows. It helps the time go faster. I wish I could have a set up with my computer, but I can't figure out how to do it just yet. I've seen others do it.

I think the dance exercise is better than treadmill walking as it uses different muscles that you don't use day to day, and the time goes faster because dancing is fun.

The best exercise is the one we will do regularly.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote