Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-26-2017, 02:52 PM   #1  

Default Hello from Wisconsin!

I"m at wits end.
My story.... I'm 5'3" and pushing 300 lbs.
I wasn't a fat kid. I plaid soccer and softball till college.
I was hit by a car while in college and that ended any sports.
I've never been pain free. I've tolerated it for so long.
Knees are now shot. Now I have achillis tendonosis.
I have no excuse for being fat. I allowed this to happen.
I just don't know how to dig myself out of this hole.
Don't get me wrong, I excersise 3 times a week going to swim classes at the YMCA and I have totally cut down my intake of food.
But I like to party etc on the weekends.
I'm 43 years old...and I can't stand to look in the mirror any more.
I just want to throw up every time I see a picture of me.
It's always in the back of my mind.
I'm going to the MD today to see what options I have to help me with the pain....because I know I will work out more if that's reduced.
I have a feeling I'll be told Ice packs and Ibephrophen will be my only options. I'm ok with that.
SO here starts my journey. I want to lose 100 lbs.
I don't have much of a support system....because everyone walks so much faster than I and my gf is fluffy and won't change her ways much.
I will do it. I will do it. I will do it.
Lippi2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/218/154.5

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the forum!

I have fibromyalsia and am 47 so I know about the pain part except getting hit by a car. I just started a low carb diet a week ago (this time). Have you thought about what kind of meal changes you're going to make? It sounds like you'll have to cut down on drinking too but you can take baby steps

You've come to the right place to start. I used this forum many years ago when a lost approximately 40 pounds. Everyone is very friendly and supportive and lots of information.
Tonya.az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:26 PM   #3  

Hi from a Wisconsinite, also.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 315/289/190

Smile Hi Lippi2u

I joined today to. We seem to be around the same weight. I also want to lose 100 pounds. My knees hurt all the time to. I read that for every pound we lose it takes 4 pounds of pressure off the knees. I was like oh wow that's around 400 pounds of pressure no wonder my knees are killing me! So yes we can do this. It just takes commitment and I have decided I have to do this. Let us know what plan you do.
NanaCo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:48 AM   #5  
tricia

S/C/G: 200/200/169

Height: 5'2

Hi there! I recently got artheritis in my knees and after a long walk they hurt. I lay down on the floor and take a belt and place it around my foot and lift up my leg with my foot flexed as far as it will go for a nice stretch throughout. Maybe you can try that? I am not sure if Occupational therapy would have us do that but it's something I came up with. You can do anything you set your mind to. It's progress not perfection. One small change at a time will make a big difference. We are rooting for you! Love, tricia.

Last edited by cali47; 04-28-2017 at 08:50 AM. Reason: put a bad link
cali47 is offline   Reply With Quote