Old 04-18-2017, 04:26 PM   #1  

Default Motivation...

Guys!
I have no motivation to eat healthy. N.o.n.e.
I wake up and binge till lunch etc.
orangey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I was doing good all day until I got home. That's when I decided a McDonald's meal would hit the spot. I make ALL the great life decisions..
MrsDeenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 02:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/225/165

Height: 5'9"

Man, motivation is a mystery in and of itself.

I keep a Google Doc where I write down my moods, my issues, my shenanigans. I write it like I'm talking to my best friend, so that when I have a setback I'm a lot kinder to myself. I look for people who are on the same path I'm on who've met with success and I read their blogs, follow their YouTube channels. Because who doesn't love a success story, right? I link their sites to my doc so that when I'm feeling down, I can get to it quick. I also put pics, quotes, and memes that sum up either how I'm feeling or how I'd like to feel.

Keeping the running journal like that is a good thing for me because I'm super visual: the pics and things keep me interested in what I'm doing. Writing down how I'm feeling or what I'm struggling with is a really good thing because most of the time I have a hard time "feeling my feelings", whatever that means. But it might not be for everyone.

What all have you tried to stay motivated?
springshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:04 PM   #4  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

The best way to avoid it is to not keep things in the house you can binge eat. No candy, chips, or tempting foods. Keep the healthy stuff around- fruit, carrots, whatever. That way if you must binge, you're going to have to choose something healthier. Willpower is hard- if there's junk in the house, I'll eat it at some point. But if I don't allow myself to even have it in the house, I'm probably not going to get in the car and go to the store to buy it. I try never to shop hungry, either, and that way I don't get tempted to buy it when I'm at the store.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:45 AM   #5  

Avoid stocking unhealthy food at home, that way you have no choice but to pick the healthy ones.
qualityinfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 11:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualityinfo View Post
Avoid stocking unhealthy food at home, that way you have no choice but to pick the healthy ones.
Ditto to this.
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:50 AM   #7  

Man, I feel you. I don't stock it in the house. Chips are veggie chips or healthier crackers. Fruits and veggies galore. Nuts. Sesame sticks and trail mix and granolas and yogurt. Cheese sticks and dried fruit.

My problem is that McDs is a 2 min drive from my house. Round trip I can be back to my house in under 10 min :| When I'm so exhausted I can't even manage to heat something out of the freezer guess what's for dinner. When I have a migraine and need to eat but can't cook and cant' stand smells guess what's for dinner (just about the only thing I can manage is fries and chicken nuggets...from anywhere. They are bland and don't make me throw up. Even chicken soup is a nogo, the broth is too smelly. They are both trigger-free for me, odd since they are processed). I HATE meal planning.....and half the time when I just talk myself into grabbing Panda Express on the way home from getting the kids at swimming because its late and cooking take so long and we will have leftover tomorrow and..........man. Eating. Is. So. Hard.
exstastika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 282 / 277 / 200

Height: 5'6"

the worst part is, when you try to be healthy you focus so much on food it's all you think about :/
SeaEmElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:43 AM   #9  
GoGetter :)

S/C/G: 243/229/215

what exactly do you binge on?? healthy or unhealthy foods?
Start eating more voluminous foods like potatoes and maybe even bagels!
Stay away from the calorie-dense foods, they will go right to your tummy
MarlieMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:51 PM   #10  
Fighter

S/C/G: 170/161/130

Height: 5'8"

Are you a salty-cravings or sweet-cravings kind of person or both? It helps to know which in order to cope.
carnadine is offline   Reply With Quote