100 lb. Club - Weekly weigh in .... Sept 1 - Sept 7

Charbar
09-01-2003, 08:02 AM
Even though today is a holiday .. it is Monday and that means it's weigh in day for me.

Lost 1 lb :)

Sandi
09-01-2003, 08:23 AM
I weighed in too!! My scale was jumping all over the place. Finally, I hoped on and took whatever it said (which wasn't the lowest it was showing or the highest).

295.8! That's a loss of 7.6 lbs! Now to keep it going!! :D :D

suzie76
09-01-2003, 08:38 AM
wow, fantastic, both of you!!!!!

I'm up to 211..new start tomorrow. I cheated my way through my vacation last week. I'm lucky I didn't gain more.

Sherry

Skinny4baby
09-01-2003, 10:48 AM
:) Today is finally D Day....and I weighed.....:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: Boy that sure was depressing...BUT..I am also excited because I CAN DO THIS...I think I can?...I KNOW I CAN..It will be difficult but I CAN DO IT!!..One day at a time..one goal at a time.

Goal for first 3 weeks (21 days)...Practice Contious Eating..I can eat anything!..EXCEPT absolutely NO overeating!..In my mind this in NORMAL PERSON eating!

Started my morning off with a pitcher of ice water with a fresh squeezed lemon (good for the liver). I AM SOOO EXCITED!...can we say motivated...yes we can...

J. Jill watch out!:)

KristasMom
09-01-2003, 12:10 PM
Wow, Sandi, I'm so glad for you! You are an inspiration to me -- Jacob, I promise you makes me tear up, because I've promised my daughter that I'll be here when she has kids. My mother wasn't, and I know how hard that is.

I am down 3.5 lbs this week -- 260, only 100 lbs to go.

The only problem with starting at 290 is that it's going to take me forever to get to Onederland!

missaprylj
09-01-2003, 01:40 PM
I'm at 231 today, which, actually is down a pound from last week. Maybe next week I'll be at the weight my signature says i am!!! :)

gonzostar
09-01-2003, 01:59 PM
yay!

yay dana! yay sandi! yay apryl!! yay sue!

i hope wednesday brings good news for me as well. =)

Phillybrwn
09-01-2003, 04:59 PM
I am down 3 lbs. I was totally hoping to lose like 5 lbs a week, but I guess I shouldn't complain.

gonzostar
09-01-2003, 09:06 PM
moer than 2 lbs a week consistantly isn't healthy! you are losing muscle then, not fat. it's ok when you're starting out and losing water wight, or ocassionally, but you can't expect to take it at 5lbs a week forever. be THRILLED about the 3!

Phillybrwn
09-01-2003, 11:07 PM
gonzostar...I will certainly take your advice. I guess I have to have more patience. Sometimes it seems like I ballooned up overnight even though I know that isn't true. I still can't believe I am losing any weight and eating fat. It's unbelievable!

Dolphingirl
09-02-2003, 12:22 AM
Hi Ladies,
I am down 3 pounds this week!! I am so excited. I was not expecting this!! I am happy!

synger
09-02-2003, 08:19 AM
I'm down a pound or two. The scale says 293.5, but I'm counting it as 293. I understand about the scale being all over the place. I don't count a weight until I get three of that weight on the scale. /sigh

Sandi
09-02-2003, 08:50 AM
That's what I try for too, but the number I got 3 times was 294.3. There is no way, so I opted for one of the higher choices.

gonzostar
09-03-2003, 10:52 AM
well, i'm up 2 for my TOM week. i'm just trying to reassure myself it was that, cuz i exercised really well and ate reasonably this last week.

bella23
09-03-2003, 02:29 PM
Well I was at the doctors yesterday and they weighed me and it said that I wiegh 3lbs less. So that is good, but I have to get to curves and check on their scales. So I'll report later,

howie6267
09-03-2003, 07:57 PM
I have lost 2 this week and considering how I ate that is amazing. I went up 5 last week. I am so glad I lost this week. It encourages me to get back to eating right. I have been way off these last two weeks. I'm just glad I've only done 3 lbs of damage.

jkfla
09-04-2003, 10:04 AM
*doing the happy dance*

last weeks gain is gone!!!!!

i'm down 5.2 this week for a total of 18.2 gone and a total of 13.5 inches gone.

AmyJ
09-04-2003, 02:20 PM
Time to fess up. For the past month I haven't been signing in. Ah sweet summer. I'm up 1.5 this week and it's a new beginnning. I have 22 lbs til goal and I'm gonna do it!

suzie76
09-05-2003, 10:40 AM
I lost what I gained

Down two pounds to 209

total loss-47 lbs

onderland here I come!

Sherry

Libra925
09-05-2003, 01:21 PM
Hello, everyone. Gosh, you are all so young! Would you let a senior member join in? I'm a grandmother of three, but still 25 in my mind. That's why my GKs love me. I get down in the floor with them to play. My GS said "Meme, you're a hoot!" to me once and I consider that to be a very high compliment!!

Anyway, I would like to join you if you don't mind. I need to lose this weight for a number of reasons. First and most important, I want to be healthy. So far I'm only experiencing some discomfort in one knee due to the weight it's carried all of these years. I don't want anything else to break down! Another reason is I'm recently divorced after over 35 years of marriage and starting life all over again.

Howie, you're doing great! What a wonderful commitment you've made to yourself. Over 100 lbs so far. You're an inspiration.

Holly, I love your progress pics. One of my daughters is 30 yo and she is working on her weight. I don't know what she weighs, but it's probably close to your starting weight. If I get a chance, I'll share your pics with her. I think she would be inspired, too.

Apryl, you're so smart for making this change in your life at your age. It's soooooo much harder when you get older.

Sandi, wish I had done this for my children when they were younger. I'm just glad I still have the opportunity to do it for my GKs. I want to be around a long time for them.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Marilyn

gonzostar
09-05-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Libra925
Holly, I love your progress pics. One of my daughters is 30 yo and she is working on her weight. I don't know what she weighs, but it's probably close to your starting weight. If I get a chance, I'll share your pics with her. I think she would be inspired, too.

awesome! share away, i love to inspire people (even when i don't feel like i'm doing well myself). i know that overall i'm doing well, but i have my ups and downs... in about 10 more lbs, i'll put new pics up, too.

right now i fel good, as i'm eating my tuna on wheat (low fat mayo!), sipping my diet coke, ignoring the coworkers who ALL ordered round table together. i was the only one to decline. the other lady in the office who is trying to lose doesn't follow my example very well. doesn't she see that it can be easier if she does it WITH me?

anyways, tangent.

nice to meet you!

Sheila53
09-05-2003, 04:11 PM
One pound down this week. I'm thinking I need to eat more and try to jumpstart my metabolism.

Welcome to Marilyn! I'm a grandmother of one so there's at least one other grandma on this board.

Libra925
09-05-2003, 04:47 PM
Thanks, Holly and Sheila for the welcome. I'm glad to be here.

Sheila, my dream is to visit Washington state. I don't know anyone there, but it's just been in my mind for years that I want to go there. One of these day I will! I promise myself.

I have a 9 yo GS and 2 GDs - 6 and 4. What do you have? I don't mind being a grandma at all, I just don't want look like one! Is that vanity or what???

I have three daughters 30, 25 and 24. The 30 yo has the 9 and 4 year olds, the 25 yo has the 6 yo. My 24 yo has a horse, 9 dogs, 3 pot belly pigs, two pygmy goats and one cat.

Marilyn

rochemist
09-05-2003, 05:24 PM
Down to 203 from 208-210 a couple a weeks ago. So at least I am headed in the right direction.

Miss Chris

Sheila53
09-05-2003, 08:11 PM
That's wonderful, Chris! I know you were having a rough time for a while so I bet it feels good to be back on track.

Marilyn, I have an almost three year old granddaughter who is, of course, incredibly cute. We just spent a week at the coast with her and her parents, which was a lot of fun. We no longer live in the same town so I don't get to see her often enough.

Wow! Your 24 year old sounds like she has a major farm going there. What fun! Only one cat, though. :) None of my kids have pets, but I think that's because I had so many while they were growing up. I have three cats and three dogs, and used to run an animal rescue so we always had litters of rescued kittens, puppies and adult cats and dogs around the house as well as our own.

Amanda Panda
09-06-2003, 11:33 AM
Yeaaah, I lost 3lb this week! The only thing I did differently was get my :censored: down the gym and work my butt off. I am really pleased and it proves to me that if I want to lose weight steadily then I need to exercise.

Amanda xx

Jillegal
09-06-2003, 02:31 PM
Welcome to the board Marilyn :)

Congrats to this week's "losers" and good luck to those who've renewed their spirits this week.

I'm down .4 of a pound - oh well, every little bit helps and I'm getting there slowly but surely

Daners
09-06-2003, 02:49 PM
I ran from the official scale all week, because I knew I was up, so gave in today, knowing I had to be accountable and I'm up 1.4, not bad compared to the 7 it was on Monday night, but still.

Not really bummed, I know what I did, I didn't regret it and life will go on. But I know I've got to do a better job planning for when my sis comes home at Christmas, can't eat like that for a whole week, and have a holiday in the middle.

synger
09-09-2003, 08:37 AM
Down three pounds this week. Upping my calories a bit helped. I think I had stalled my metabolism. I was holding or gaining for two weeks at 1500 calories or fewer. Now that I'm back to hovering between 1800 and 2000, I'm losing again. At least that's my unscientific opinion. /grin

mthrgoos68
09-09-2003, 08:48 AM
I hit the 150 pounds lost today when I weighed in at 180!! I got off and on the scale 4 times just to be sure, but it was the same. Very motivating!!

sprout
09-09-2003, 10:23 AM
How many times I have started over, couldn't tell you. But today is a new day.

I will be getting weighed at 11 am this morning when I take son to the doctor.

But as of yesterday I was the same as last week. After all my radiation treatment it seems I am just gaining weight rather than losing, so am today re-starting journaling food and eliminiting refined flour (especially bread) as that is a trigger for me.

Anyway my stats so far are

286:( /267:mad: /260/120

BethC
09-09-2003, 10:36 AM
Started over again yesterday. I've not been feeling well the last few days. I broke out in hives last week - don't know why and the drugs they gave me made me so tired, then I got my period!

I got on the scale Saturday morning anyway and I lost a pound! I'll take it. Now, onward and downward!

Libra925
09-09-2003, 12:40 PM
Good morning everyone. It's so nice to come to work and find messages. I don't have a computer at home and have to use the one here in the office when I get a few spare minutes.

Sheila, my three girls were raised on a farm and were exposed to all aspects of it. They've all fed cattle, worked in chicken houses, and helped in their dad in the fields with planting and harvest. Like a lot of small farmers, the bank foreclosed on the farm in spring 2002. Two of my girls still live on the farm and one lives only 10 miles south of it. I live 20 miles north of it in Little Rock so I get to see the GKs fairly often. My divorce was final in June of this year. We always had stray dogs and cats that adopted us. Naturally, being strays (usually dropped off by city people) they were most likely pregnant, so we always had "babies" to deal with. I don't miss that part of it.

Mthrgoos, you are such an inspiration! I started at 297 in January and have only lost 17 lbs so far. It's so much harder to lose at my advanced age (54). I know if I had been more commited to it, I would have lost more by now. I'm trying to change that, though. I hope to be 250 by Christmas. Keep up the good work! You're doing great.

Gotta get back to work. Have a great day everyone.

Marilyn