Weight Loss Support - Stay At Home Mom's #83

View Full Version : Stay At Home Mom's #83

K2BMe
08-31-2003, 11:24 PM
Welcome to a thread full of laughter and encouragment as we try o maintain a household and lose weight. All newcomers feel free to jump right in and regular posters too. Have a great OP day!

spryng
08-31-2003, 11:27 PM
Good evening all!
I hope everyone has had a great weekend.
My day has went well. Dh took the two older kids with him to his parents house today and I got a day to myself with Tanner. It was nice. I read my new Fitness magazine and got some great tips on exercise and eating right, etc and I ended my day right OP. So I am proud of myself. Tomorrow is my day alone with DH and I am looking forward to that.
Other than that nothing much going on here. Hope you are having a great night! :)

K2BMe
08-31-2003, 11:35 PM
Welcome Home Ginny!!!! We missed your smiling face too. So glad you had a great time and some good company on vacation. Did you have any trouble staying OP while away? You are doing so great on this program. Gosh I'm so proud of ya. And your generosity to Spryng just goes to show what a terrific lady you are. Your really and inspiration to us all. :)

Spryng, I'm so glad things are working out for you and your new plan. WTG getting back on the exercise program too. Be careful not to over do it tho. How wonderful that you are getting into the WW program with Ginny too. I'm actually thinking about checking it out after Baylan gets here.

Well as for me I had a super busy day. I'm so tuckered that I can't sleep. The girls and I shampooed and washed the Blazer today after church. It was soooo hot out too. Then we went to the city to shop. Just got back awhile ago. All in all it was an ok day. A few frustrations but I'll get over it.
Hope you all have a great night!

ECmom
09-01-2003, 12:13 PM
Oh, golly......war has erupted here again!!!!!! Dh and Dd are a'feuding........but she has gone out for the day so at least for awhile it is quiet. See ya later!
Ginny

ECmom
09-01-2003, 12:16 PM
BTW- Thanks for starting the new thread, Michele!!!!!:D
Spryng, I will email you later and give you the info on WW- the materials ain't much- honestly......and they are used........:) so the main book is crumpled! I can also send some of the weekly books- there are some I have xtras for. Figure the cost to ship will be about $4- probably less, but I will figure that all out later.
See ya and have a great day!
Ginny

KarenW
09-01-2003, 03:41 PM
Good MOrning!

Ginny! WELCOME BACK!! I missed your posts!! :):):)

Spryng - I did WW at home in 1999 and lost 56 pounds in 10 months, so I know ift is a great plan. I cannot do it any more as my body cannot deal with carbs anymore.. (I did it for 2 months again last year eating my same meal plans I had from 1999, and gained 20 pounds!) I hope it works for you better than it does me. And what a boon to get Ginny's books!

As for me I have GREAT NEWS!! Today is one month on Atkins.. and although I didnt lose any weight this week either (TOM IS due next week so I always start gianing water the week before) here is my stats for my first month on the plan!

Weight Lost: 9 pounds in 4 weeks

Inches Lost: 9.5 inches off my entire body!

WOO HOO! I am so proud of myself!

I went to the gym today and they are doing this new thing called the "Wall of Sucess" I have an appt on Wednesday to meet with a personal trainer and have my picture taken and my stats taken. Then he helps me set 30 day fitness goals. After 30 days I meet with him again and we see how I did! I get my picture taken again and all the stats redone. I am really excited as I know that this will keep me motivated to stick OP!

Also I noticed something huge for me today! My thighs still rub together, but not that hard rubbing that causes prickly heat! so I have one more thing going for me! WOO HOO!! :)

Can you tell I am excited??

Gotta run. We have some last minute shopping to do for school (It starts tomorrow!) Talk to you all soon!

ECmom
09-01-2003, 04:21 PM
Just me back again!!

Karen- that is just awesome news- all your lost inches!!!!:) You go- and keep going. I am so happy for you! Sounds like no weight loss this week is not bothering you- and it shouldn't. My WW leader once did a whole meeting on non- scale related goals, like feeling better, clothes fitting better, thighs not rubbing together;) , getting thru a really tough eating situation with minimal dammage, getting all your walking/workouts in.......handling a stressful situation in a healthy manner...the list goes on and on. And you have come so far- I am so happy for you!!!!:cb: Keep up the good work.

Michele- has it cooled down at all by you????? Hope ya got some sleep/rest too, sounded like your day was busy.

Well, when I get online I will try to bit by bit leave stuff about our trip. Yes, I did get to the WW meeting on the Outer Banks- so glad that I did. It was different, but they are quite used to "visitors" there and the leader was nice. (formerly from NY state-upstate like me- how couldn't she be;) !). I did not stay for the whole meeting but most of it. The new Flex points system was introduced.......which really is not all that far off the mark from the old system. They sort of repackaged the program, and it should not be hard at all for Spryng to stay with us WW'ers.
I did get TOM while we were gone- but still managed to lose .4#- high humidity and TOM and all. Got my walks in, for the most part, despite the miserable heat. (had to for my sanity- next time I will tell you about my 1 3/4 hour walk:( ).
Gotta go- Spryng I will email you later on or tomorrow. Have a great day!
Ginny

gemini
09-01-2003, 11:01 PM
Hey gang........

No time for a long post, as I'm off to work in a minute. Been a busy weekend, so I'll try to catch up tomorrow. But, I had to report that ds went ALL DAY in undies today, while we were at a fair, and no accidents! woooo hooooo! I am doing the happy dance!

Welcome home, Ginny!!!! Catch up with you all tomorrow........ :)

spryng
09-01-2003, 11:54 PM
Good evening all!
Congrats to Ginny for losing .4 #'s that is so great!! And congrats to you to Karen for all those inches lost!! I need to buy a tape measure too. I'm thinking about only weighing in once a month but measuring once a week. What do you think about that? I just don't want to put too much emphasis on my scale and I know tape measures are more accurate.
Well today was DH's and my last day together. We went to Kansas City and ate at the RainForest Cafe... what a noisy yet interesting place :) lol. Then we just spent a few hours together alone. SO I need to get off here to help him finish packing... he's gone tomorrow. :( I'll miss him so much.
TTYL!

ECmom
09-02-2003, 11:01 AM
Good morning!!!
Jen- congrats on Ds (and you!) going the day without diapers!!!
One of those bittersweet moments- you feel so happy for them and for you too, but then realize that it is one eensy teensy step away..... (but then I am nuts, and I tried to make diaper changing time fun for both of us) Hope you're not working too much!

Spryng-for some reason I am having trouble with my email....I got yours and can't send it back. I will try again later. Sounds like you and Dh had a nice day together. You're gonna be fine thru this, believe me!!!!!!!! Does your local library have a story time for your little ones? (mine did, and it was a nice time to sit, my older child listened to the story and they were used to younger siblings/babies etc...) Maybe you could try something like that to help keep the kids busy while Dh is gone. Hang in there- we'll keep you company!:)

So far today has been ok. It is still raining- so I did an hour of Leslie Sansone. I have to get back to strict WW eating- I sort of let myself slide the past few days. Coming home was stressful- and I am not really looking foward to going back to work tomorrow. But resigned I am- and I am going to eat well today.
Gotta go see if my dumb email works now. Have a great day!
Ginny

K2BMe
09-02-2003, 11:51 AM
Ginny I'm so glad to see you back and posting. I hope it wasn't WWI with Dd and Dh that sent you on that long walk. Oh gosh I use to butt heads with my daddy constantly :( But... there's always a but! Today I'm closer to him than my mother. I'm so excited for you and your 4# lose on vacation. That is fantastic. I'm so proud of you. This plan is really doing it for you. Makes me even more interested in joining. Oh and it's still so hot here. Hot enough to make the devil sigh. I'm getting plenty of rest tho. Thanks for asking.

Karen WTG on all those inches lost. That is such and accomplishment. You are really becoming a rolemodel dieter. I'm so happy about your trainer. What a great motivation. I'd love to do something like that too. keep up the great work hon.

Glad you could stop in Jen. How's your plan going? Hope you had an OP weekend.

Spryng, oh I hope today isn't to hard for you to get thru. I'm saying lots of payers for ya. I know you are a very strong woman and you will be just fine. I'm not sure who you were asking about the measuring/scale so I'll just put my .02 in. It would def. benifit you to measure if you are gonna keep to a regular exercise/toning program. Muscle weighs more than fat and you'll just get frustrated on the scale. Also just in case you might wanna find a good cardio workout to help you scale down. Be careful toning to much (ie using heavy weights) you might get really bulky really fast. Sounds crazy but with the depo and the changes your body is going thru after having Tanner it can happen. My Gf started toning to soon after she had her child and now she has Terminator calves. Im always around if ya need any help looking for an exercise program. :)

Oh and as for me. I suffered all day yesterday with Braxton Hicks... BAH! I thought I had the poops. Then I never went all day and I figgered it out... duh! :dizzy: Ah well. I feel better today. Altho I told Hoss I was in awful bad shape and he would have to tend to the toddlers and bring me chocolate in bed all day! :lol: 'course he just gave me "the look" and went out the door. So looks like I'll be cleaning house all day and trying to get things caught up after the weekend. Hope you all have a great OP day!

gemini
09-02-2003, 01:22 PM
Hello chickies........ how goes the battle today?

Ginny, please forgive me for not giving you a proper welcome home. We're very glad to have you back! How excellent that you were able to get to a meeting while you were ahway. If nothing else went as planned, at least you got to do that. I hope today goes well for you on the bus. My kids start back tomorrow, so we are off this afternoon for haircuts and to the grocery for lunch and snack stuff. :)

Spryng, I am thinking of you today, too. I know you will be strong, and that those little ones will keep you very busy and help the time to pass. On those days that it feels like time is standing still, you know you only have to turn to us for support. We're here for you, honey. :)

Michele, you crack me up with the chocolate in bed! :lol: Too bad it didn't work. Sorry about your BH.... I got them a lot with both boys, and they can be draining. I know it is super hot there, so be sure to keep up with your water intake, since dehydration will exacerbate contractions. Just a little friendly, unsolicited advice from your favorite nurse-wanna-be! :D

Karen, WTG on all of your accomplishments! You are such and inspiration to us all. Your focus and discipline are to be admired! High five! :high:

Did I get everyone? I am doing ok. I had a SUPER busy weekend and sorta fell off track, but not too badly. I don't think I will have done any damage. I just probably won't lose anything from the weekend. But I am back OP today. And surprisingly, it is not that hard right now. Previously, if I fall off program, I find it so difficult to get back on. But I think I went into the weekend knowing that there would be a few "indulgences" and that I would get right back to it today. I plan to start exercising by the end of the week.... start slow and gradually build up. So, I will look forward to seeing some results soon, just as soon as TOM comes and goes.

K gang, I am off. Gotta feed the animals (kids) :D and get ready to head out. Hope everyone is well.... :)

spryng
09-02-2003, 04:15 PM
Good afternoon all!
I am only on here for a sec... Ginny.. if you can't get through to my email then you can PM me the info if you want. I'll get it either way...
I'm glad to see everyone is doing well today. I'm kinda an emotional wreck today... DH leaves at 4 pm... so right now he is getting dd's staple taken out of her head and I am just trying to relax.
I'll try to get on tonight after the kiddos are in bed. TTYL

K2BMe
09-02-2003, 05:22 PM
I just popped in to see how you were doing Spryng. Saying lots of prayers for you.

I'm up to my eyeballs in house work but I'm getting it done!

Jen I had no idea dehydration could do that to contractions. TYSM. I've been drinking alot of water but I'll def. increase it more!

ECmom
09-02-2003, 06:02 PM
Hi!
Gee, it is great to see your posts and feel kind of normal here..back at home!

Spryng-big hugs to you!!!!! Hang in there, Hon. We are all here for you!

Jen-ok, I am majorally offended.........aw, you know me, not much rattles my cage!!!!!! We are all busy with our families, and I am just thrilled to hear from each of you. Hope that you survived your last day- and the last minute shopping for snacks, etc.....Gosh, where did this summer go???!

Michele-my favorite mantra- drink your water!!!! Go easy on the housework- hard to believe but you are getting close to delivery!!! Woo hoo! My motto is that housework is very patient, it always waits for you. Take care of yourself, you need the rest when you can grab it.

Still trying to tie up some loose ends here before tomorrow......I am the only one who goes back tomorrow, so in a way it will be easy. I can leave the troops sleeping and get out to do my am run.
Guess I'd better go! Have a great nite!
Ginny:)

mel17
09-03-2003, 09:41 AM
Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to pop in and say hello! Things are going good here, and baby Myra is already 13 days young. She's growing so fast , and I'm just trying to enjoy every minute of it!

Congratulations to all of you losers, I didn't get back to my WW meeting yet, but I'll be there next Tuesday night if all goes well! But as of today I've lost about 34 lbs. since having Myra, but I've still got a ways to go to get back to where I was pre-pregnancy!

I hope to get in here more often, but for now, I'll be back when time permits! Miss you all!

Here's an new pic of my little darling at 12 days!

spryng
09-03-2003, 10:56 AM
She is so sweet Mel!! I'm still waiting on that birth story! :) I hope you are healing well and getting some rest and help with little Myra.
Well I was going to post last night but I just couldn't. I was too tired from all the crying I did when DH said goodbye to us. My ds (2) took it the hardest. He's a daddy's boy and he cried for over an hour after he left. It broke my heart. But thankfully we got a cell phone now! So I callled DH last night and I felt much better and slept well. I needed a cell phone because if our car breaks down I don't want to be stranded with 3 kids on the side of the road... and our car hasn't been acting too well lately. Plus Igot unlimited nights and weekends so I can talk to DH at night and all my other family on the weekends. SO I am happy now. I feel a little safer.
So now that DH is gone it's time to buckle down and get some exercise in! I got in 20 minutes on my bike last night, it was some 3.4 miles. But for some reason it didn't seem like a workout. Maybe I need to pedal a little faster tonight. But it felt good to get on it. Plus I did a little, ok alot, of stress eating yesterday and need to fix that. So today I start fresh on my new plan and we'll see what happens from here. Well I got to get off here. TTYL!

ECmom
09-03-2003, 01:22 PM
Good morning!!!
Melissa- Myra is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!! I hope that you are getting lots of quality time in with her- those newborn days go so quickly. How are you feeling?? Can't wait to hear more from you, when you get the time. WW started a new program called Flex points- which I am sure you will hear about when you do return.
Don't rush it,ok? We will be here for you no matter what!!!!!:)

Spryng- that is great that you got a cell phone and will be able to keep in touch with Dh. What eating plan are you starting on? I hope to get WW in the mail to you tomorrow.....so by Monday you should be counting points along with me!:)

Survived the first am of school.......kind of jittery for me- and it is going to take a few days to get back into working daily.....:( . Aw, I'll do fine and with Dd looking at college next year- well we need the bucks!!!! Got a 45 minute walk in this am..... and so far my eating is great. That is the one good thing about working - it sure keeps me out of the kitchen. Tonite will be tough and long-with getting all the kids home. I'll probably be pooped and not get back here. So, have a great nite and see ya tomorrow!!
Ginny

spryng
09-03-2003, 02:59 PM
Until I get those books and such I am just doing low cal. Plus my exercising too. I have a schedule written out for the week that varies the amount of cals I have each day. So I am just trying to eat better and less. But for some reason today I am starving!!! I think it's almost time for TOM again. I had it for 4 weeks already and just stopped a few days ago... but I feel like it's about to start again. Fun fun! lol. So maybe that is why I am craving food today. I had a special K bar for breakfast... and a lean pocket for lunch and now I really want to eat some chips and guacolmole dip. Hmm... I think I will but I will make a single serving instead of eating it right out of the bag and bowl.
Well I seem to be doing ok by myself today. i even ventured out of the house with all 3 kids to pay the cable bill and pick up a few items at the store. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But we are home now and they are all taking a nap. Maybe I'll grab one too and try to postpone those chips as long as I can! he he! Ginny what are you doing for dinner? I bought a ton of healthy choice meals and lean cuisines and such and I'll probably have on of those... we'll see.
Well gotta go! TTYL!

gemini
09-03-2003, 03:19 PM
Mel, that baby is just gorgeous! Thank goodness she does not give me baby envy, though! :lol: Funny story..... ds had his 6 year check-up after kindergarten orientation today. Well, I think it was baby day at the pedi office! In the waiting room, there were 12 week old twins and a 4 day old, and going in we saw a 3 week old and then another tiny one that was screaming. Ds said, Mom look at all these babies! I said, I know, and thank God none of them are mine! The pedi turned to me and said, Amen to that! :lol: Seriously, though, I miss that tiny scrunchie baby stage, but I am enjoying my kids getting older, too. :)

Ginny, sounds like you had an ok first day. You will get back into the swing of things pretty quickly, I'll bet. And you are doing great on your plan and with your walks! You are right up there with Karen in the discipline department, lately. WTG!:D

Spryng, just want you to know I am thinking of ya. I'm sure last night was just awful for you. I hope that each day gets just a little bit easier. At the very least, it will be one less day to wait til dh comes home. Hang in there. And I thik you were entitled to a bit of stress-eating. Glad to hear you got a cell-phone. We just got a new one, too. I have it for the same reason as you. Boy was I glad for it (and AAA) the morning I was driving home from work in the poring rain and got a flat on the highway!

Karen and Michele, hope you guys are well today!

Well, it is day 3 of young ds in undies. He is doing so well! A couple of accidents here and there, but he is trying hard. I know he will have it mastered very quickly. I got back OP yesterday and have been doing well. older ds starts school full day tomorrow, so I'll be starting my exercise plan. Then I hope to start seeing some results. But, I think my jeans feel just a tad loser, even with being bloated from TOM. So, I will keep on keeping on!

Stay well, everyone! :)

K2BMe
09-03-2003, 03:58 PM
Glad to hear you are doing ok with your first day back at work Ginny. It's good that you are working your walks in too.

Jen glad you are doing ok OP and congrats with the loose jeans. Oh and how great with ds doing so well with the potty training. I'm still about to pull my hair out.

Mel, she is absolutly precious. Thanks so much for sharing pictures. Hope you are healing well and getting along great.

I'm glad to hear you made it thru yesterday Spryng. And So glad to hear you got a cell phone. They can be lifesavers.

Karen hope you are doing great.

I'm kinda feeling alittle blue today. These pregnancy hormones have me laughing one minute and crying the next. I'm also getting to the point where I don't wanna leave the house. It's miserable. I don't generally miss church but I'm considering not going tonight. My Dh does't understand either. He's the kinda guy who thinks you just buck up and move on. Not one to sympathize at all. Which kinda makes me feel worse. My perception of reality is sorda distorted right now. Because in reality I have no reason to feel this way and I'm really blessed. So what's wrong with me????? :?:
Well I'ma try and get some things done around here. Hope you all are having an OP day!

spryng
09-03-2003, 04:32 PM
I feel for you Misty! I know how those hormones can really take over you. But know that it will pass soon. You are way over half way there, only 2 months to go now... you will be just fine. Did you suffer with the blues during your other two pregnancies? or after? I hope you feel better today.
Jen, thanks for the kind words. And congrats on the potty training going so well. ds is done I think... he hasn't had an accident in days (even at night) so I'm saying he is done. So all in all it took him a week and a half to get it down. Now only one in diapers again!!! Woo-hoo! And I don't have to worry about my last one potty training for at least 2 years now, whew! It's such a chore.
Well I did get a 30 min nap in and I did give in to my craving and have some chips and guacomole. But I counted out the chips and measured the dip so I only got so much. So I'm still OP! :) It really helped though.
Well I need to get off here and get some house work done. I bought that new Dawn Power Dissolver and want to really deep clean my stove. TTYL!

KarenW
09-03-2003, 07:14 PM
Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to check in again. DS Started school yesterday and DD started today. I have been a little crazy and lots of tears for me! This is DS's first year being in school full time and DD started Kindergarten! I am feeling so glum about how quickly the years have gone!

I am doing well, got 3 days in at the gym this week so far. TOM is due next week so I am a bit bloated.

Spryng - My Personal Trainer told me today that you never want to measure more than once a month. You wont see enough movement week to week to have it be encouraging, but in a months time, you will see big leaps. If you have to do something week to week, use the scale.. although he recommended to me to weigh in only once a month as well, every other week if you really cannot stand to go that long.

MEL - Myra is just beautiful! She looks like such a good baby too! Is she sleeping for you? I hope you are resting and taking care of yourself! And CONGRATS on that HUGE LOSS! That is terrific!! :)

Ok, I need to run as I have crochet class again tonight! Talk to you all later!

K2BMe
09-03-2003, 11:40 PM
Ty Spryng. I appreciate the sympathy. I'm doing better. I went out shopping and ran a few errands. Kinda got my mind off feeling bad. Yeah I did have lots of trouble with the post-partum depression with both babies. I'm sure it has alot to do with it. I did skip church tonight. I feel bad about it. I went to my friends rummage sale instead. Kinda rotten of me but I just couldn't get into the mindset of being there. The girls rented the great pumpkin charlie brown and pooh bears scare. lol pretty cute movies. We just all piled on the sofa and watched movies. I think that was just what I needed. Now I'm waiting for Hoss to get home from the university. He had a late night and he's caught a nasty cold. I figgered I'd wait up and fix him some tea. Hope ya all are having a great op day!

spryng
09-04-2003, 12:11 AM
Good evening all!
I'm glad you got some down time Misty and feel better tonight.
Karen, I think that is a good idea too about the WI's and measurements. Are you going to change to once a month? I don't know if could go that long. I'll probably WI this saturday and then try to only do it once every two weeks.
Well my day has been long. Ds got stuck up in our tree and I had to rescue him... I thought it was funny. :) Two year olds think they are superman until they climb too high and need mommy after all lol. I didn't get my bike in tonight. I ended up chatting with Dh for over an hour on the phone and now I am too tired to climb on it. friday though he will be OTR and I won't get as many calls anymore so I won't have any excuses to not peddle away. But I did stay OP today and I feel good about it. I still feel hungry but I think it's just because my body is screwed up. So I'm going to drink another glass of water and call it a night. I hope everyone has had a great evening and I will chat with you all tomorrow!! :)

KarenW
09-04-2003, 11:20 AM
Michelle - I am glad you took some down time! I have always believed that God is a loving God and that if there is a week you are not feeling well enough to spend time with Him at His home, He wants you to take care of yourself so that when you are back, you will be even more ready to have a wonderfully peaceful visit with Him the next time. Besides, spending time with your family and friends is another form or praise for Him!

Spryng - I dont think I can wait more than a week between weigh ins myself. I will still WI on Mondays and then measure once a month like I have planned before I even talked to the trainer. But once he explained to me how the measuring works, It has given me more resolve to wait a month. and Given I know that muscle weighs more than fat, I am not sweating the slow progress at the moment with the weight loss. I know that in a few weeks the muscle/weight ratio will stablize a bit and I will start losing. I am also at a set point for my body. I weighed between 189 and 192 for about 2 years and my body isnt ready to give that up yet. So I have to be patient!

Ginny - How is back to school for you??

I need to run to get the kids ready for school then I have another date with the gym and then the grocery store! LOL!

I will check in later!! :)

HUGS to all!

spryng
09-04-2003, 11:34 AM
I think I will do the same Karen, WI once a week and measure once a month. Of course I have to buy a tape measure first, lol. And about that set point, I think I'm close to mine too. I was 160 for a long time after having 1st ds so I know I'm getting close to stalling too. But hopefully with my workouts and such it won't be for long. Speaking of that... the kids are playing outside and Tanner is asleep in his swing so now is the perfect time to get on my bike for a minute or two. TTYL!!

KarenW
09-04-2003, 03:05 PM
I had to check in for a second! I still need to go to the grocery store.. but I had to tell you all this..

After the gym I took a shower and then Put on a pair of jeans that were freshly washed. They were loose!! :):) So I couldnt resist getting on the scale even though I had exercised and eaten breakfast and had wet hair... I was down a .5 pound. So I am hoping that maybe on monday I might see a decent loss! I really want to get past this set point!

WOO HOO!

Talk to you all later! :)

spryng
09-04-2003, 03:12 PM
That is so exciting Karen!! Now that you are getting to the gym regularly you are probably really shedding those inches too!! That's really inspiring! My size 14 jeans are just now getting loose on me. I can't wait until I can slip on a size 12!
Today I am doing really good. I had a special K bar for breakfast, and a chicken enchilada meal from Healthy choice for lunch(YUM!) I really love those. The baked fish and the enchilada ones are my favorites. I plan to snack on baby carrots if I get hungry today and then I'm going to have another healthy choice meal for dinner. I really like this prepackaged food...since it's hard for me to cook a decent meal without someone helping with the baby. But I'll be making something else for the kids for dinner. I also bought some wonton wrappers and plan on trying my hand at some low fat cheese and mushroom ravioli's soon.
Well I think I'm going to start reading the novel I picked out at the library last week. I'll chat with you all later!

K2BMe
09-04-2003, 05:11 PM
WTG Karen. You are doing so well, really an inspiration to us all. Thanks so much for the comforting words about issing service last night. It means alot to me. But I do feel better today.

Spryng I'm glad you are doing so well. Funny about the Ds climbing the tree. We have a large walnut tree that my Dd#1 climbed when she was younger (and got stuck in). She has become a pro climber since. Glad to hear you are doing well with your new program too.

Ginny I hope you are doing well and getting into a groove with work and family. Hope you are staying OP and getting your walks in.

Mel and Ricci hope you all are doing great!

I'm doing pretty good today considering... my power went out at 8am and just came back on! I really felt like I was gonna melt around noon it was so hot. I'm so thankful its back on. Kinda made meals alittle compromised too. I'm hanging in here tho. I didn't eat any salty or sweet snacks! YaY ME! I'm snacking on baby carrots too and dill pickles. My grandma cans the best dill pickles and I'm so addicted to them. I'm telling you I go into withdrawls when I run out. None of the store bought even compare. So I'm fetting ready to get dinner on and do some laundry. Hope you all are having a great op day!!

spryng
09-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Just thought I'd pop on here for a sec... Misty sorry to hear about your power going out. Thankfully it came back on. You need our weather today.. it's barely 80 degrees! So wonderful. I took Tanner outside for awhile and he just loved it.
But I was getting online and looking at the WW site and was wondering Ginny, do you subscribe to the WW magazine? I was thinking about ordering it. But I wanted your input first.
Well I have dinner in the oven for the kids and my dinner will be after theirs... laundry is done, the house is clean... hmm... I'm out of things to do. Guess I can go clean the toilet! lol TTYL!

spryng
09-05-2003, 12:26 AM
Good evening all!
Where is everyone tonight? It's so quiet around here....
Well my day has been GREAT!! My eating was right on target... got my exercise in... the weather was gorgeous, the kids were good... a perfect day! :) Did anyone watch Oprah today?? It was about weight loss success stories. It was very motivating. One man lost 305 lbs WITHOUT surgery. Everyone they highlighted spoke about what plan worked for them... and amazingly not one was on a "specific" diet. The man who lost 305 lbs just ate less food, more veggies, cut down on red meat and junk and started exercising. The others mostly had their own plans. It was neat. That is what got me so close to my goal last time... my own low cal plan.
But anyway, it was a good show. Now I hear that Dr.Phil is coming out with a weight loss book and plan... has anyone heard about this? I'm about to check out his website to see if it says anything about it.
Well, got to get off here. I hope everyone is having a great evening and staying OP!!

MrsK
09-05-2003, 10:49 AM
Hi! I'm new here - to 3FC and to this group.

I am SAHM and home schooling mom to one amazing daughter.

It amazes me that as a woman who is home all day I still say I can't "find the time" to exercise. I've come to the conclusion that it isn't a lack of time but lack of motivation and ambition!

I currently weigh 300 pounds (my personal worst) and I'm aiming for somewhere between 150 and 170. Ideally I'd like to be 135 but I know that won't happen in this lifetime, so I'm trying for something a bit more reasonable.

My first goal is to reach 270 by the 12/31/03.

I'm starting to take Tae Kwon Do with my daughter next week (I'm starting the classes before my gi even arrives) since I hate "exercise" but I love martial arts. Seems like if you really enjoy something it doesn't seem so much like exercise.

Anyway - this has turned into a really long introduction. But I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Peace,

need2losemore
09-05-2003, 11:14 AM
Good morning all.
I have been soooo busy lately. I will be lucky to get on here once a week over the next couple of months. Sounds like evryone is doing well. Welcome to mrs. K. :wave:
Spryng, aren't you just loving this weather? it is absoulutely wonderful compared to what we have been having. I have seen two commercials for the Dr. Phil weight loss plan. One is he going to have 12 people living in a house who all want to lose weight, and I think it will be on his show in about a week. The other one Is Dr. Phil and Katie Couric doing a show on it next Friday morning. I did see the Oprah show too. Isn't that amazing how they all lost all that weight?
I have been exercising every day, and have pretty much stayed OP with my eating. I haven't lost weight, but I have lost a couple of inches on my waist. Dh told me the other day my shorts were too baggy and I needed to go buy some new ones. That will have to wait until next summer, since I can't find shorts to buy now.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Ricci

KarenW
09-05-2003, 11:23 AM
Welcome MRS. K!! I am glad you could join us!! You will find this group very motivating and supportive! I am Karen, SAHM of 2 kids! DS almost 7 and DD 5. Both go to Parochial school (This was their first week) But I am so active there I may as well teach them myself some days! I am 36 and DH and I will be married 13 years on the 29th! :) I am currently on the Atkins program as I am insulin resistant and my doctor recommended I try it to help stableize my blood sugar! I have been doing it for 5 weeks now and am thrilled with how far I have come! In my spare time I am also a crochet pattern designer as well! Come by and post with us every day if you can! Posting helps me with my motivation, and besides we have all become like family here too!

Spryng - SHeesh.. I cant wait for next week.. maybe my life will become more settled! :):) THe first week of school is so crazy for me and that is why I wasnt around yesterday. BUt we had curriculum night lastnight and met the teachers. I am thrilled with both of them (Tyler had the same Kindergardent teacher as Cassie has this year so I knew already that I would love her) And I am really excited for the new year.

I dont know if I ever mentioned this, but I also am the webmaster for my kids school. Last night Sister Joanne (The Principal) mentioned at the all parent part of the meeting about what I have done with the website to make it grow in the last couple of years, and I got a standing ovation! I was NEVER so embarrassed in all my life. It is just a little school website... nothing major.. but After losing 10 pounds.. at least I felt a little more comfortable standing in front of 375 families.. UGH!!

Ok.. off to get the kiddos dressed and off to school then I have another date at the gym!

I'll check in later!

HUGS!!

K2BMe
09-05-2003, 11:38 AM
Welcome Mrs K :) I'm Michele also a SAHM of 2 daughters. I know you will find yourself right at home here. These ladies are the greatest. They are all very kind and supportive. I really hope you will feel really at home here.
And I'm Misty Michele I'm 28 and a SAHM of 2 daughters. I also homeschool. I'm not on a program right now because I'm 7 mo pregnant.
Hope to see you posting often!

ECmom
09-05-2003, 12:35 PM
Good morning!!!!
I feel bad- today is just too rushed for me to get really personal here. If I mess up and forget someone.....well, you all know that I have a bad case of brain dead mother syndrome!

Welcome Mrs K!!!!!!:D How old is your Dd???? Are you on any specific program to lose- Sugar Busters, Weight Watchers, Atkins....etc..... We have a lot of diversity in how we are all trying to reduce here, but a lot of great companionship and support. (and laughs too........;) ). I am a mother of 3- Dd 17, Ds 14 and Dd 7. Formerly a totally SAHM, I am now partime employed as a school bus driver. I'm on WW- and have between 10-20 # to go- depending on how stubborn the last few #'s are. Welcome! We look foward to getting to know you better.

Spryng- sounds like you are doing ok- both being OP and staying upbeat without Dh. Big Hugs!!!!!

Karen- you must be feeling better- teaching a crochet class!!!!
Congrats too on your WL progress and stuff fitting looser.

Ricci- great to hear from you- we love see how you are doing no matter how often it is!

Michele- sorry about those nasty hormones- I used to get really mushy during the last trimester too. I agree with Karen- sometimes you are best serving the Lord from home- of course not on a weekly basis- but there is no sin in missing an occasional church service. He knows where you heart is!:)

Jen-glad that AAA was able to bail you out!!!!!!! How is the start of school treating you???

Well, it has sure been busy here. My route is starting to level out- and most of the kids are getting into the routine. Hopefully by next week (the end of) the few little ones who are a bit weepy will be fine. Feel sorry for these kids......they have to put up with me as a bus driver!!!!!:o :lol: . Today was Ds's first day of HS. Gosh this is scary. He was a bit nervous, but fine. He knows a lot of kids there already- and some good buddies too. And from being at Dd's sports stuff he is well known by the staff. I pray he does ok- he is a good kid but a very different student than his sister. Other than that I am getting my walks in (5 am:o ) and having a pretty easy time staying OP or close to it. I did miss the WW meeting this week- but it was a planned miss. I'll get there next week.
Gotta go!!!!! Have a great day!
Ginny

spryng
09-05-2003, 01:04 PM
Good morning all!
Well here I was complaining about the lack of posts last night and I come in here and am bombarded with posts!!! :) I'm so excited!!
Mrs.K welcome!!! I hope you find yourself right at home here. I am Spryng, mother of 3 and wife of one great DH of 5 years now. Right now though we are apart because he has just become an over the road truck driver... so this is the first time I have been on my own with the kids or myself for that matter--- EVER! but suprisingly I am doing just fine. My kids are 3,2, and 10 weeks. I've been battling my weight for 5 years now, since I got married. And have tried so many plans. Right now though I am doing my own low calorie plan but I'm looking into weight watchers. And I was homeschooled!! through high school anyway... it allowed me to graduate a year early. I think homeschooling is great and I may look into it for my kids in the future. But I want them to try public school first and we'll go from there. I live in a small farming town so the schools are pretty good here. But welcome and I look forward to getting to know you better!!
Ricci that is wonderful that you are losing inches! I plan on getting me a tape measure soon. Maybe today. I'm debating on going to town with the little ones. I have a light recipe book and found a recipe I want to try so I think I'll have to go to the grocery store to buy the ingrediants. But I'm still debating it. But great job on the exercise too. I'm getting better myself. :)
Karen that is so nice that you got a standing ovation! You are such a talented person! crocheting, webmaster, mother, etc. What can't you do?? lol. No wonder you are doing so well on Atkins... your a very focused person.
Ginny, I'm glad your route is evening out. And one starting HS huh? I don't even want to think about my little ones starting HS or puberty for that matter lol! It saddens me to think they are going to grow up someday... I know it's a good and natural thing but I love them needing me so much right now.
Well my day is going good. Today is a higher calorie day for me so I had two lean pockets for lunch and boy were they good! Every day of the week I have a different amount of cals I can have so that my body doesn't get accoustomed to one set amount... so they range from 1000, 1200, and today it's 1400! But only friday's are that high with extra exercise planned of course. SO I'm going to enjoy it. :)
But I have to scoot. I'm glad everyone is doing well today and sticking to their plans!! TTYL!

gemini
09-05-2003, 04:43 PM
PHEW!!!! I thought I might NEVER get a chance to get back here this week! Life has been busy busy busy. But, busy in a good way. :)

Welcome Mrs. K. I am Jen, mother of 3....... dd will be 8 next week, ds turned 6 last month, and ds will be 3 in November. I do work part time, but consider myself a SAHM since I work nights, 11p-7a. I also attend nursing school, going for my RN. Stick around.. this is a great group. :D

Spryng, sounds like things are going very well for you. See, I know you would do just fine on your own. Not to say some days won't be tougher than others. But, you are a strong chickie!

Karen, WTG on your loss, and on being recognized. Even though you don't think it was a big deal, obviously someone did. And, it's so nice to be appreciated!

Ricci, thanks for checking in. Glad you are doing well. I am with you on the "busies"!

Ginny, I'll just bet you are EVERYONE'S favorite bus driver!!!! The teary little ones must just break your heart. I know I felt so badly when ds got home from school yesterday and told me about a little boy that fell sound asleep on his bus...... poor little boober. And, as ds put it, "He didn't even have a pillow!"

Michele, you keep taking care of yourself!

Well, I gotta report to you all that I have found some new encouragement. Last weekend, I bought a new pair of track pants as I was running through a store. I didn't try them on first.... just "eyeballed" them. Well, I got them home and tried them on and lo and behold, they were too snug. I could get them up fine, but they just fit very snuggly around my middle....... enough so that I was not comfortable with them and decided I'd return them. Well, this morning I pulled them out so I could bring them back. I decided to try them on one more time, and voilla!...... they fit ok!!! They don't hang off of me, of course, but I felt comfortable wearing them! So I did! I know I was bloated last week due to impending TOM, so that was part of it. But I also know that they fit better now because I've been staying OP. So, I am so excited to just keep going because I know I have lots of great clothes that don't fit now, but will as I drop more weight. :)

OK, gotta head out and meet the bus. Hope everyone had a TERRIFIC weekend!!!!! :D

ECmom
09-05-2003, 09:59 PM
Hi!

Never thought I would get back here tonite....but I did !

Jen, I had no idea that you were in school too. (I must have missed it at one time or another......) Glad that you have been busy in a good way. All that goodness must have contributed to those track pants fitting better!!!! Woo hoo........that is such a good feeling, isn't it!!? I am so happy for you. Keep up the good work- that is some inspiration, isn't it?

Spryng- sounds as though you are coming into your own there.....and I hope that that book from the library is a good one!
Does your library have storytime for your children? I used to get a few minutes of light browsing thru a magazine with that! I think that the varying of calories per day is a good idea. Kind of takes some of the boredom out of it! I did not know you were homeschooled... (or like Jen's nursing school, me the eternally brain dead one, I forgot).

Well, I do not know if I am anyones favorite bus driver, but this afternoon did go easier. One of my big criers actually got off the bus with a smile on his face.....probably because he was getting rid of me for the weekend!!:lol: And the other one was a bit more cheery. Jen, you are so right- it is such a heart breaker when the little ones cry. I do know that in a week or two they will probably like and trust me.....and it is so sad to know that the parents hearts are breaking too. (I am such a mushy person anyway). I feel bad when they fall asleep- but also at that point figure that just maybe they are beginning to trust me too. It is a process.....that is all I can say.

No idea what is on tap for this weekend! The weather is supposed to be nice. I finally got paid for my 4 days of torture, otherwise known as jury duty. So maybe I will go shopping for some clothes for me. Scary thought! Guess I had better sign off and drink some water... Me out of points!!!!!!! I did get 4 excercise points in (1 hr 15 minutes of walking). I really want to get below 150# next meeting........ So, I guess I'd better go drink some more water!!!!!
Dd needs some help with Hw so gotta go. Oh- Ds liked his first day of HS!
Have a great nite!
Ginny

spryng
09-05-2003, 11:15 PM
You are doing so great Ginny!! 4 points for all your walking is fantastic! I don't know if our library has a story time... I doubt it. It's such a small town and the library is ANCIENT!! It's two stories but tiny.. the children's section is in the basement and let me tell you... it looks like a basement... kinda creepy down there. And the novel I got is great so far... it's a medical thriller... babies dying in the maternity ward... no one knows what is going on etc. It's very interesting and keeps my mind focused. I haven't got too far into it yet because I don't have much time to read. But I like it so far. :) Wow! You are almost below 150?? I'm so jealous!! lol. You have worked so very hard, you sure deserve it. My WI is tomorrow... I'm kinda scared... but I've done great the past 4 days so it should be good... not a gain anyway. Unless TOM is affecting me.
Well my evening has been good. I ended up having a great dinner and it didn't require me to go grocery shopping at all! :) I had lemon pepper fish filets, spinach, and oven roasted potatoe chunks, and I even made egg drop soup for my appetizer! It was so good and only 30 cals!! What a find! So it was all very filling and low cal too.
Well I am off to get some exercise in now and then a shower and then off to bed. Dh is out on the road tonight for the first time... he's on his way to PA. But his trainer lives 50 miles from us and told him that he will try to get him home once or twice during his training period so I may see him in a week or two!! I'm so excited!
But anyway, I am off here for the night. TTYL!

spryng
09-06-2003, 10:31 AM
Good morning all!
Just thought I would pop on to let you know how my WI went... well I am STILL stuck at 169!! Hopefully I am losing inches... but since I don't have a tape measure yet, I don't know. But I'm trying not to be hard on myself... I mean after all monday and tuesday of this past week I did some stress eating because of DH leaving so maybe seeing 169 was a good thing! :) It could have gone up right? And it didn't, so I'm ok with that. I'll just try really hard this week to eat right and get more exercise in. Last night I did 25 minutes on the bike, 4.9 miles and it said I burned 250 calories, I was proud of that. Well, guess I'll get off here and get my day going! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

gemini
09-06-2003, 03:05 PM
Hello Ladies. :) Hope this Saturday finds everyone well and enjoying their weekend. We spent the morning on the soccer field. Ds had his first game ever.... it was hysterical! He has been playing hockey for 2 years, and wanted to try soccer this year, too. We had to explain to him that checking is not allowed in soccer! :lol: He was not rough.... just playing like he was in the rink! :) He scored a goal and was happy. Dd also had her first game of the season. She has been playing for a couple of years, and is quite good, if I might brag a bit. She was asked to try out for the travel team this year, but she is just turning 8 and travel teams really don't start til 10 around here. We wanted to give her at least one more year of "fun" soccer before it gets really competitive. I'm sure you can relate, Ginny, with your Dd and softball. My dd also scored a goal. :)

So, I am about to lie down for a little afternoon snooze. I worked extra last night, 11p-3a, then had to be at the soccer field by 8am. So I am bushed. I got a good walk in last evening and hope to get another in this evening. I have been OP, too, so I am feeling pretty good. :)

Spryng, that is great news about the possibility of seeing your dh sooner than you expected. I hope it happens for you. And I'm glad yu felt good about your WI, too. I have no idea where my weight is right now....... I don't even own a scale. But, I do know that my clothes are not as tight and I feel really good, so that's what's important to me. :)

K, I am off to snooze. Take care, all. :)

KarenW
09-06-2003, 06:12 PM
Starting a New Thread!