Old 04-01-2017, 03:11 AM   #1  

Default Please post number of pounds you lost using IP and timeline

I need to lose at least 100 pounds and am considering the IP plan. A co-worker just lost 18 lbs in less than 2 months and was already tiny. I am trying to get my head around the cost of this plan. The plan is very expensive yet I know it would be worth it to get the weight off and keep it off.

So I'd like to know some stats just to get an idea of what the average weekly/monthly loss is. I know that everyone is different and there are many factors that can contribute to how quickly some take it off. But I would like to see something like:

Lost XX lbs in XX weeks
rissb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi you won't be sorry using this way of eating as it works and you learn how to maintain at the end of your program as well.
That being said, some have done it using alternative products and check-in coaching by experienced members here.

I lost 36 lbs from mid Nov 2013 to start of March 2014 so 15 weeks give or take a few days (I don't quite remember the exact number of days anymore).

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 04-01-2017 at 04:33 AM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:48 AM   #3  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissb View Post
I need to lose at least 100 pounds and am considering the IP plan. A co-worker just lost 18 lbs in less than 2 months and was already tiny. I am trying to get my head around the cost of this plan. The plan is very expensive yet I know it would be worth it to get the weight off and keep it off.

So I'd like to know some stats just to get an idea of what the average weekly/monthly loss is. I know that everyone is different and there are many factors that can contribute to how quickly some take it off. But I would like to see something like:

Lost XX lbs in XX weeks
62 lbs in 20 weeks

I will reiterate what Liana said which is if $ are an issue, you can do this much cheaper by ordering products from Nashua Nutrition among other things like picking protein drinks up at Costco. There is a thread here dedicated to Alternative Products so you'll get just as much support here as if using IP products.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: S214/C190.0/G114

Height: 5'2"

30 pounds in 8 weeks, more at beginning due to water weight, now averaging about 3 pounds a week
howdytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 08:51 PM   #5  
RSP

I have lost 19 pounds in the first 7 weeks & have not cheated once.
I'm 5'6" and my starting weight was 186 and is now 165 at 7.5 weeks.

Last edited by RSP; 04-02-2017 at 06:17 PM.
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:27 PM   #6  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

I was 203lbs and I am 5'5".

I lost 8lbs the 1st week, and 5lbs the next.
At the end of the 1st month I had lost 20lbs. After that I lost 10lbs per month, which I've heard is pretty much the standard. So total I lost 50lbs in 4 months. Unfortunately I was so thrilled with the results I stopped cold, did not phase off or finish the program... So four years later I'm back at it.
Bella73123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:00 PM   #7  

I'm impressed with the amounts you all have lost doing this. I am considering trying a similar plan but using alternative products that cost less. Yet I do feel that if I had to go somewhere to weigh in and be held accountable it would help me stick with it better. I've told myself so many times that I was going to lose the weight but then I fall off plan when I don't see immediate results.
rissb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

I lost approx. 68 lbs in 9 months. Avg. about 7.5 lbs a month. I used alternative products after the first month because of cost. IP products do taste better than alternatives IMHO, but you do what is best for you. I started out in a clinic and learned their way of doing things, but I learned more on these boards than I ever did from my counselor.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:47 PM   #9  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissb View Post
I'm impressed with the amounts you all have lost doing this. I am considering trying a similar plan but using alternative products that cost less. Yet I do feel that if I had to go somewhere to weigh in and be held accountable it would help me stick with it better. I've told myself so many times that I was going to lose the weight but then I fall off plan when I don't see immediate results.
This message board is an excellent partner in accountability.

I am down 19.8 in 6 weeks.
staceyjblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:17 AM   #10  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

From July 2014 to May 2015 I lost 86 lbs.

My review of people on 3FC and their losses seems to validate an average loss rate of 10 lbs per month. Some lose faster and some lose a bit slower, but 10 lbs a month is a pretty reliable rate to expect.

Almost everyone loses faster for the first half of their journey and slower in the last half, but the averge per month comes out to about 10 lbs.

I lost an average of 10 lbs a month until Feb 2015 when my losses really slowed -- I was cutting corners on veggies and adding cream to my coffee several times a day, and using more of the higher carb products, like the oatmeal and the pancake mix, and maybe having an extra restricted bar. My behavior slowed my losses for the last few months.

My husband fell and went in and out of the hospital from July 2015 to his passing in April 2016 -- I reacted by eating only junk food and sugar for 6 months and regained all but 10 lbs.

I began my reboot in January and since Jan 5 I have lost 28 lbs. That's three months (13 weeks ). I am a bit behind 10 lbs a month, but close enough.

Lot's of replies to this thread point out that you can do the Ideal Protein protocol using less expensive similar diet food packets/drinks/bars that you can buy online from Nashua Nutrition, Vitacost, and other online sites -- GNC has viable alternatives too. If the money involved is a serious issue, go the IP alternative products route -- this group of IPeeps will support you with info and guidance. Most of us use some of the alternatives along with the IP foods, anyway.

The program works to get the weight off. Then the bigger challenge - as it is with any weight loss program - is embracing the lifestyle changes necessary to keep the weight off.

Come on -- you can do this!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:23 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Oneuh2,

I'm so sorry for your loss

You make great points.... I lose quickly in the beginning as well. once I hit 130.... it takes me 2 months to get to 120.

I went from 144----> 118 in 2013 from January to March... 9 weeks.

I am rebooting, day 2, 134.5.

You have to be patient and stick to it!
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 236/185.7/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
62 lbs in 20 weeks

I will reiterate what Liana said which is if $ are an issue, you can do this much cheaper by ordering products from Nashua Nutrition among other things like picking protein drinks up at Costco. There is a thread here dedicated to Alternative Products so you'll get just as much support here as if using IP products.
Which Costco protein drinks fit protocol?
stacynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Stacy,

The Costco ones everyone buys on IP are the Premier Protein. I buy Pure Protein from Trader Joes, taste better and less calories.

All,

I doing well on my reboot.... 131.7 already, yayyyyy. It always goes fast the first few weeks. I stalled at 3 last time. We shall see.
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 04:14 PM   #14  
2Hot2BFat

S/C/G: 368/344/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I started IP in August 2012 at 313 pounds. I lost 100 lbs in 7 months. I got to a low of 185. Unfortunately, I didn't see a therapist at the same time to deal with my binge issue and I managed to gain it all back plus 50 pounds. I HIGHLY recommend the program, but if you have 100+ pounds to lose, I would definitely see a therapist while doing the diet so you can get to the issue of why you over eat in the first place. Good luck!!!
Megan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:17 PM   #15  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacynak View Post
Which Costco protein drinks fit protocol?
Stacy,

Sorry for delayed response.

You already received an answer on the Costco ones to buy so I wanted to expound on that and say you can pick up alternatives elsewhere too.
You can get EAS Advantage at Target, Sam's Club, etc.
Also, GNC's prepared Lean Shake 25 will work but don't have the entire bottle as one "packet"
Quest Protein powder, which you can make as your own shake, can be purchased at Vitamin Shoppe or GNC.

My preference is the Quest powder because it is so versatile and I really like the taste. I use the Peanut Butter, Cookies and Cream, Chocolate Milkshake, Vanilla Milkshake and Multi-Purpose ones. I make bread, muffins, cookies, cakes, pancakes, waffles, pudding and shakes out of these.
By mixing in alcohol-free extracts or sugar-free syrups like Torani or WF, you can make different flavors. For example, I make blueberry muffins with the Vanilla and BB extract/WF Blueberry syrup. I love the pudding I make with the Peanut butter. I love the shake (like an Oreo blizzard) with the Cookies and Cream. The possibilities are endless!
And, another great thing about them is that you can buy an individual packet to try before buying a whole tub. They have Cinnamon Crunch, Banana and Strawberry as additional flavors.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote