Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-22-2017, 10:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/260/175

Height: 5'9

Question New, but not to the fat game.

I'm new here and I have always had a problem with my weight. Ever since about 2ND grade, I've always been heavier. I've lost nearly 80 pounds before only to gain 60 of it back over the last 11 years. I wi be 30 this year and I just can't get my journey kicked off the right way. Any advice for a meal plan, diet, exercise regimen? Getting pretty desperate and feeling pathetic 😥
MamaNeedsANewBod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:01 AM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

This is a tough question without knowing much about you, your fitness level, your desired fitness level, your food preferences, your lifestyle, your schedule, etc. But my general advice is to just pick something and do it. So many great, effective ways to lose weight, and you don't have to lose 100 pounds with Atkins. If you want, you could lose the first 10 with counting calories, the next 10 with veganism, etc. Some people swear by the gradual changes method. First week, swap sugared soda for water. Second week, add in extra veggies. Etc. I prefer the "jump start" method. Get results early, and let those results fuel you through challenges. But the bottom line is -- you just need to start.

So - I would suggest you choose something that works for you and get going with it. Give us more details about your preferences if you want us to make some suggestions. I have been at this a very, very long time, and the only thing that I have seen that is consistent about everyone who has success is consistency of effort. The way to achieve this consistency, though, tends to vary with each person and our own psychological/lifestyle challenges.

Glad you're here! Good luck!

Last edited by LaurieDawn; 03-22-2017 at 11:02 AM.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:10 AM   #3  

Thanks! I'm 29, a stay at home mom to a 3 and 5 year old, and my fitness level well.. it's almost non existent. I have a treadmill but haven't begun to consistently use it. I just downloaded the Zombie Run app as I think it'll help me keep interest. I'm at my heaviest since highschool currently and I feel like a complete failure as a parent for letting myself go this far. I used to jog but at this point I'm want to work back up to jogging, and more so running. I've been a bit depressed about my weight so I've been drinking empty calories at night - which I know I need to stop. I need to really jump-start myself I'm just a bit confused. I was told by a friend that low carb and high fat was the best way to go along with exercise so I'm currently researching. I'm not getting any younger, and am ashamed by the years I've wasted in my fat pity party. Thanks for your reply!
Old 03-22-2017, 11:25 AM   #4  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

first to 3FC and I was put on a diet by my mom when I was in 4th grade, yeah life long struggle here too!

I don't have any particular advice except just don't give up. Even if you start a specific way of eating, then slip a bit, don't give up on yourself or your desire to be fit and healthy for yourself and your kids The treadmill is a great way to start especially with something fun like a Zombie run

also coming here for the group support is great when you are feeling low.

I am currently feeling overwhelmed myself, and I think I HAVE to tackle it one pound down at a time, one exercise sessions at a time, one good day of on-plan eating at a time. best wishes!!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:33 AM   #5  

Thanks! I think that's been my biggest problem is giving up when I slip up. I feel like I'm doing the right thing being here because other than my facebook account, I tend to keep myself pretty isolated. So thank y'all for welcoming me! I'm starting to feel pretty good about the journey ahead!