Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-21-2017, 09:01 AM   #1  

Red face How to lose 10 kg in two weeks? Is it possible?

i have an upcoming event in two weeks. I want to lose at least 10 KG. currently i am 171lb my target is 141 in two weeks. please share your expert opinion on how to lose weight in a short time.
MICKEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/163/145

Height: 5'10"

I'm sorry, but I don't think losing that much in two weeks is healthy, and possibly borderline impossible. A healthy target of weight loss for one week is usually between one and two pounds. Any more than that and you risk losing things like muscle and bone density. My advice (for what it's worth) would be to relax and pace yourself. I know you have an event coming up that you want to look good for, but it's really better to treat your body kindly and do it healthy than push yourself like that.
Keika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Pant Size 12/6/4

Height: 5'2"

Keep a strict diet, exercise more than you think you should and then invest in some Spanx. You might lose 5-6 lbs from the diet and exercise, if you are lucky, and the Spanx will help you look like you have lost more
Harriette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:17 PM   #4  
Tough Turtle

S/C/G: 199/183/115-120

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harriette View Post
Keep a strict diet, exercise more than you think you should and then invest in some Spanx. You might lose 5-6 lbs from the diet and exercise, if you are lucky, and the Spanx will help you look like you have lost more
hahaha xD, but seriously spanx is amazing
bloominbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 06:45 AM   #5  

Default Spanx

I didnt go for spanx, its for girls..
MICKEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:02 AM   #6  
I Can

S/C/G: 436/330/120

Height: 5'3"

Let's do some math...with some assumptions! Please keep in mind that I am not promoting eating below the amount of calories that is SAFE for YOUR body! For men, that is typically not below 1,600 and for women 1,200.

Loss desired: 10kg = 22lb
Time: 14 days
Weight: 171lbs
Height: 5'7" (?)

BMR (Total daily calories just for living): 1,750
TDEE (Total daily calories if you have an office job and do not exercise): 2,100

For the sake of answering your question, even if you ate nothing for 14 days straight, you would lose 8.4lbs in 14 days.
Now let's get crazy and say you ate nothing and also exercised for an hour and burned 500 calories.
You would lose an additional 2lbs, for a total of 10.4lbs and you win...a complete loss of your sanity and health!

A healthy and strong approach would be to cut 500 calories a day from your food which would put you at around 1,600 (if completely sedentary lifestyle) and exercise an hour a day to burn an additional 500 calories a day (30 minute walk, 10 minute run, 20 minute elliptical.) In 80 days / 2.75 months you would reach your goal. If you do not exercise you will meet your goal in 159 days / 5.3 months.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Calorieguzzler; 04-04-2017 at 11:29 AM.
Calorieguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:34 PM   #7  
ZhivkoIvanov

S/C/G: 240/198/184

Height: 6'3''

My advice is to focus on how you look and feel, and not on how much do you weight. Eat only whole, natural foods like fish, seafood, vegetables, fruits, seeds, greek yogurt. Remove all processed foods and refined grains from your diet. This way your body will go into a state of ketosis, which means you'll start burning stored fat for energy. Another benefit of eating this way is that you'll lose water weight fast (around 2-5 kg. in your first days) and will look less bloated.
ZhivkoIvanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:30 AM   #8  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

I was very very sick this winter and lost 25 pounds in 4 weeks. By the time i was on the mend I was so weak from having been unable to eat that I could barely walk from one room to another.

Even if you could lose that much in 2 weeks you wouldn't be able to attend your event.

Also, they make Spanx for men.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote