Old 03-13-2017, 12:00 PM   #1  

Default Day 14....I made it!

Hello, I'm new here. I've been searching forums for days now but they have all been from 2003. I'm so happy to find something current.
Today is day 14 of induction for me. The first 3 days were rough but somehow I made it this far without a cheat. Now, it's easy. The cravings are gone and I'm barely even hungry. My main issue is that I'm always thirsty and my breath is rough. Has anyone else noticed this?
I don't know my start weight because I didn't want to see it. On day 3, I weighed in at 201 and today I was 194. So I have lost a minimum of 7lbs and couldn't be happier. My STG is 179 and hoping for that in 5 weeks before my trip. It's a lofty goal but not impossible. I'm planning on going slightly off low carb for those 2 weeks and then hopping back on to get to my LTG of 165.
Diannadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

Congrats. The first two weeks are the hardest.

Being in ketosis will give you some bad breath and make you thirsty. If you've gone two weeks without a cheat, you are most likely in ketosis.
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:16 PM   #3  

Good For you!! i agree the first two weeks 100% on plan is the hardest!
Neko is right the breath is about being in ketosis but will get better as you go along.

Remember to eat even if you aren't hungry. Atkins needs some things to keep it working and if you don't eat enough you can stall.
I eat by the clock most the time. If I am not hungry I eat something smaller but I eat otherwise I don't lose as consistently.

You can do this!
Baylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:45 PM   #4  

Thank you both. I'm ecstatic at the moment and feeling very motivated. I'm adding in exercise tomorrow. 30 minutes on the treadmill, 4 days per week is my start.
Diannadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/157/110

Height: 5'2

wow congrats! so happy for you! Its difficult doing atkins and it's a major accomplishment to not cheat during those days.
chubbysfchick is offline   Reply With Quote