Old 03-12-2017, 01:49 PM   #1  

Default Scale hasn't moved:(

Hello all,
I have been following this thread since I started IP. Very informative and very motivating thank you
I started ip on 02/01 and have lost a total of 14 pounds. However I haven't lost anything the past 10 days , if any the scale sometimes moves upwards(. I have switched to alternatives (bought from Nashua) 2 weeks ago, and following the program 100%. It's probably normal to see no loss some weeks, and I'm not expecting TOM till the end of the month. Anyone in the same boat?
rannoush30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:43 AM   #2  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Are you doing the supplements and drinking water? Adding more water for any extra coffee?
Post your meals and we can give you some feedback on food combinations.

Hang in - you can get past the slow periods. This WILL work if you work it!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:52 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Are you doing the supplements and drinking water? Adding more water for any extra coffee?
Post your meals and we can give you some feedback on food combinations.

Hang in - you can get past the slow periods. This WILL work if you work it!
Yes I'm taking my supplements and drinking a gallon of water at least.

Breakfast: proti diet cherry concentrate drink
Snak: 1 medium cucumber
Lunch: quest chips
Snack: 1/2 cucumber
Dinner: 3 eggs and 2 cups of riced cauliflower with salt and olive oil
Snack: jicama roasted and questiontioning bar.
I drink a lot of water too
Old 03-14-2017, 12:46 PM   #4  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rannoush30 View Post
Yes I'm taking my supplements and drinking a gallon of water at least.

Breakfast: proti diet cherry concentrate drink
Snak: 1 medium cucumber
Lunch: quest chips
Snack: 1/2 cucumber
Dinner: 3 eggs and 2 cups of riced cauliflower with salt and olive oil
Snack: jicama roasted and questiontioning bar.
I drink a lot of water too
ok - I think maybe you are not getting quite enough protein -- you had 2 protein packet equivalents -- the drink and the chips, and only 3 eggs of natural protein at dinner.

Not sure about the bar - I never heard of that brand -- you need the bar to have not more than 7 net carbs (total grams of carb less fiber grams), and not more than 30% fat. Total protein should be between 15 and 18 grams, I think - there is a guide I can find and share that I used to have on my phone for easy access when shopping. I will cut and paste the info below. Does your bar meet that standard? Often bars in the grocery are too high in protein and fat or too high in carbs.

For your natural protein when you have eggs it is 2 -4 eggs plus egg whites -- if you have 3 whole eggs, I think you should also have 3 egg whites added to that -- somehow it should add up to 6 egg whites from either whole eggs or

Be sure to have the full 2 cups of veggies with lunch and dinner or as snacks -- and finally -- the coaches are really pushing the whole concept of spreading out the foods so that your protein items are at least 3 hours apart. Apparently you body processes them most efficiently when they are not all grouped together as a large protein intake. 4 hrs apart is better, but 3 hours apart is the recommended minimum.

I hope some of this will help you -- below is the guideline for selecting alternatives -- there is a robust IP Alternatives Facebook group that has a variety of files attached to their page - it's very well done - read through that and see if it helps you, but don't abandon 3FC -- we are a smaller group these days but you can get some personalized support here. And PM me anytime if you are not getting a response when you need it.

Does it Fit Protocol?
(If either does not fit, then the product is not on plan.)
1. PROTEIN: 12-23 g (I think that 18 or more grams protein is limited or super-restricted - only 2 or 3 per week are allowed)

2. CALORIES FROM FAT: 30% or less
(Cal from fat x 3 must = total calories or less. If only shows
fat grams, then fat grams x 9 THEN x 3 = total cal. or less.)
Is It Restricted?
(If either is in restricted range then it is restricted.)

3. CALORIES:
150 or less = unrestricted
151-200 = restricted
Over 200 = Does not fit

4. Net Carbs (Carbs minus fiber)
8 or less = unrestricted
9 – 16 = restricted
17 = 1-2 per week
18+ = Does not fit

Allowed Sweeteners: Sucralose/Splenda, Stevia
No Aspartame!
Old 03-14-2017, 01:11 PM   #5  

Thank you sooooo much for this awesome reply. The bar is Quest bar (there was a typo).
It is within the guidelines of restricted items.
Usually I eat 8 Oz of fish or steak but yesterday I feel like eating eggs and couldn't eat that much.
I ll keep doing it within the guidelines and see next week of WI, if the scale doesn't move I guess I'll cut off the restricted item for a week and see. Thank you again for the information
Old 03-14-2017, 03:12 PM   #6  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rannoush30 View Post
Thank you sooooo much for this awesome reply. The bar is Quest bar (there was a typo).
It is within the guidelines of restricted items.
Usually I eat 8 Oz of fish or steak but yesterday I feel like eating eggs and couldn't eat that much.
I ll keep doing it within the guidelines and see next week of WI, if the scale doesn't move I guess I'll cut off the restricted item for a week and see. Thank you again for the information

The Quest bars that are ok are only the blueberry muffin and the lemon -- the others are too high in fat.

And if your current weight is over 200 - I cannot recall what your weight is - you should have 4 packets per day (just 1 restricted, still).

Once we are in one-derland we only need 3 packets a day.

I bumped the thread for posting your food each day - probably a good idea for many of us to use that thread - if you do you may get some suggestions from others that might be helpful, too.

Hang in = this will work for you. i have had a similar experience of dropping the first 12 pretty easily and then kind of stalling - I am dropping weight more slowly now than I did a couple of years ago. I began Jan 5 and it's 3/13 and I am down 18... looking forward to reaching the 25 lb milestone, and then on to one-derland. After 3 months, I was down 30 lbs when I did Ideal Protein the first time. I could really kick myself for eating my way through sadness and emotion to the point of regaining all but 10 lbs that i had lost. Huge mistake. My husband passed away after a long period of poor medical condition - he would be kicking me for letting my sadness undo the good work I had done. He was a big help to me in the diet - I miss his support now. But I can do this - and you can too!!

Hang in!!
Old 03-14-2017, 11:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
ok - I think maybe you are not getting quite enough protein -- you had 2 protein packet equivalents -- the drink and the chips, and only 3 eggs of natural protein at dinner.

Not sure about the bar - I never heard of that brand -- you need the bar to have not more than 7 net carbs (total grams of carb less fiber grams), and not more than 30% fat. Total protein should be between 15 and 18 grams, I think - there is a guide I can find and share that I used to have on my phone for easy access when shopping. I will cut and paste the info below. Does your bar meet that standard? Often bars in the grocery are too high in protein and fat or too high in carbs.

For your natural protein when you have eggs it is 2 -4 eggs plus egg whites -- if you have 3 whole eggs, I think you should also have 3 egg whites added to that -- somehow it should add up to 6 egg whites from either whole eggs or

Be sure to have the full 2 cups of veggies with lunch and dinner or as snacks -- and finally -- the coaches are really pushing the whole concept of spreading out the foods so that your protein items are at least 3 hours apart. Apparently you body processes them most efficiently when they are not all grouped together as a large protein intake. 4 hrs apart is better, but 3 hours apart is the recommended minimum.

I hope some of this will help you -- below is the guideline for selecting alternatives -- there is a robust IP Alternatives Facebook group that has a variety of files attached to their page - it's very well done - read through that and see if it helps you, but don't abandon 3FC -- we are a smaller group these days but you can get some personalized support here. And PM me anytime if you are not getting a response when you need it.

Does it Fit Protocol?
(If either does not fit, then the product is not on plan.)
1. PROTEIN: 12-23 g (I think that 18 or more grams protein is limited or super-restricted - only 2 or 3 per week are allowed)

2. CALORIES FROM FAT: 30% or less
(Cal from fat x 3 must = total calories or less. If only shows
fat grams, then fat grams x 9 THEN x 3 = total cal. or less.)
Is It Restricted?
(If either is in restricted range then it is restricted.)

3. CALORIES:
150 or less = unrestricted
151-200 = restricted
Over 200 = Does not fit

4. Net Carbs (Carbs minus fiber)
8 or less = unrestricted
9 – 16 = restricted
17 = 1-2 per week
18+ = Does not fit

Allowed Sweeteners: Sucralose/Splenda, Stevia
No Aspartame!
Protein is 12-23 g, but 15-23 is better. A product is not ever restricted by protein. It just has to fit in the range to be acceptable. Most IP packets range 18-23.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 02-17-2019 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Removed link to another site
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:32 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Protein is 12-23 g, but 15-23 is better. A product is not ever restricted by protein. It just has to fit in the range to be acceptable. Most IP packets range 18-23.
Great, will do

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 02-17-2019 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Removed link to another site
Old 03-16-2017, 10:05 PM   #9  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Thanks for finding that info and sharing, JLUS! How are you doing? So glad to see you still checking in here at 3FC!!

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 02-17-2019 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Removed link to another site
Old 03-18-2017, 10:16 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi! I have 2 questions...you had said that the coaches are pushing spreading the proteins out 4 hours apart... does that mean we can eat veggies in between? My coach hadn't advised that.

Also, you mentioned that over 200 lbs you get 4 packets....my coach didn't mention that either, and i'm 260. Is that the norm? Maybe she forgot to tell me that?
jodi73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:12 AM   #11  

My coach never told me about the 4 packets either ( when I started ip products), now I'm switched to alternatives but still on 3 packets , current weight 195, started at 220
Old 03-22-2017, 11:35 PM   #12  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi73 View Post
Hi! I have 2 questions...you had said that the coaches are pushing spreading the proteins out 4 hours apart... does that mean we can eat veggies in between? My coach hadn't advised that.

Also, you mentioned that over 200 lbs you get 4 packets....my coach didn't mention that either, and i'm 260. Is that the norm? Maybe she forgot to tell me that?
I wrote a reply for this but it took me so long that I got timed out and lost it.

They told me to wait at least 3 hours between IP protein packets/natural protein -- and if I could spread it to 4 hours that was good, but don't exceed 4 hours between proteins.

And you can have the unlimited and the veggies sooner if you are hungry.

At first my coach laid out a plan with 4 packets, and said I could add a 5th packet if I was truly hungry.... I tuned out on the idea of 5 packets but I had learned the first time through IP that most coaches gave folks over 200 lbs a 4th packet. However the first time thru I did not learn this until after I reach one-derland -- rather annoying since I began a 241....

My clinic is one of the most successful in the US they tell me -- I know that the coaches attend corporate training sessions regularly, and all the coaches in my clinic share the same guidance. They are very consistent about the program.

I would if I were you ask my coach about this stuff -- I have not done any recent IP videos but some of this could be shared in the videos, I imagine.

sorry to be so long in posting - I have been sick in bed for several days and not online at all. I really hope you can get more good guidance on these points, Jodi!
thanks
cheryl