Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-06-2017, 07:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/165/145

Height: 5"6'

Default When you feel the results, but don't see them...

Like most people, I started the year with a resolution to improve my health. I feel better. I'm stronger. I have more energy. But at the end of the day....I don't look ANY different. I am the same exact weight and measurements from when I started.

I have gotten blood work done and everything looks great. I have talked with nutritionist to see where I am falling short (vegetarian lifestyle) and made the necessary changes to make sure I am meeting my individual requirements (wasn't eating enough). I exercise a minimum of 5 days a week, stair master has become my best friend and I lift weights 3 days a week.

While I am meeting my goals strength wise and every day feel better, lets be honest.....everyone want to see the physical changes as well. I don't understand how I can push myself and maintain a decent diet and still not make a change on the scale.

Why oh why doesn't the scale budge?!?
DeterminedHaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

First of all congratulations. Isn't the result of this to be healthy and strong? But I get the frustrations. It could be a few things - the increased exercise is replacing muscle with fat. However, end of the day, it's all about calories in vs calories out. At first I logged every single thing I drank and ate to get a real view of how many calories I was eating, just because it's healthy doesn't mean it doesn't have calories. Calculate how many calories you burn a day and to lose a lb a week you need to be at a 500 calorie deficit a day.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:14 PM   #3  
Slow and sure chick

You are experiencing an NSV - Non Scale Victory, just as important as weight loss or size difference. NSVs keep me going when the scale is being stubborn.
Congratulations!
Watercolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:20 PM   #4  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

It could be you need a "tweak".

For example- I personally cannot lose weight and eat wheat products or drink alcohol. Period. Why, I have no idea. Even if I keep caloric intake the same, having either wheat products or alcohol in my diet will prevent me from losing weight. In fact, it's nearly a guarantee I will gain weight. If I knock wheat and alcohol out of my diet, even if I replace those calories with something else, I can lose weight.

So my guess is you need a tweak. Not necessarily my tweak, but there's something in there that's preventing you from losing. Critically look at your diet and exercise. Maybe you need to shake things up in your exercise and try a new program. Maybe you need to cut something out of your diet. Only you will know what it is, but when you find it, I bet you start seeing the scale budge.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 360.4/338.4/220

Height: 5,4

hello! I feel you, although I do see a significant change in cloths and scale. It's over 4 months now since I and my daughter joined the gym. I've lost 10+kg and the change is visible in cloths. My girl on the other hand is at her witt's end. No, nothing, nada. I have like 50 kilos to lose and she like 15 but she has lost not even half in her 4 plus months of hard work. We downloaded a few programs on phone and started marking progress for both of us. According to the app, she has lost no weight, but has transformed 3% of it from fat to muscle. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there if you can feel it. And just because you did not lose a cm in the waste it doesn't mean you didn't. Maybe it's in the neck, wrist or ankle. One of the programs has like 10 point measuring into account and gives a very informative profile. Good luck and stay strong! Don't get disheartened and don't give up trying!

Last edited by emptysuitcase; 03-16-2017 at 10:11 AM.
emptysuitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:04 AM   #6  
mjf

If you're the same weight but stronger, you must have lost fat, but you just haven't noticed yet.

What types of food do you eat? Maybe there are ways to improve your diet so you can make faster progress.

Last edited by mjf; 03-18-2017 at 06:05 AM.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

It could be that your body has settled at its desired weight. Weight set point theory is real and it's not necessarily a bad thing. If you're feeling better and stronger and your body is happy then you should find the way to embrace that. Of course you can "tweak" and "restrict" but it has to be a change that is sustainable for you or else you'll shoot back up in weight when your body eventually rejects your imposed restrictions. So why mess with a good thing?
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:11 AM   #8  

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedHaley View Post
Like most people, I started the year with a resolution to improve my health. I feel better. I'm stronger. I have more energy. But at the end of the day....I don't look ANY different. I am the same exact weight and measurements from when I started.

I have gotten blood work done and everything looks great. I have talked with nutritionist to see where I am falling short (vegetarian lifestyle) and made the necessary changes to make sure I am meeting my individual requirements (wasn't eating enough). I exercise a minimum of 5 days a week, stair master has become my best friend and I lift weights 3 days a week.

While I am meeting my goals strength wise and every day feel better, lets be honest.....everyone want to see the physical changes as well. I don't understand how I can push myself and maintain a decent diet and still not make a change on the scale.

Why oh why doesn't the scale budge?!?
Hayley - - track how many calories you are eating for the next 3 days.

Include every calorie you consume - food or drink.

Once you know how many calories you are eating each day - chip off 200 calories and eat that each day and you will notice the scales start to drop.

You must be accurate on your portion sizes that you are consuming, and must include every calorie consumed. that means the snacks that might sneak in.

~ Coach Wilson
www.coachwilson.co.uk
www.theteamworkout.co.uk

Last edited by coachwilson; 04-16-2017 at 07:39 AM.
coachwilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blood work, resolution, scale, vegetarian