South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-06-2017, 05:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Monday March 6th - March 10th weekday chat

Good morning up early to get my ride in before heading up to Greenville for the funeral. Had a nice dinner with Joe at a BBQ place off the beaten path. The food was very good. They are known for their peanut coleslaw. It was vinegar based, no mayo and quite tasty.

Time to crank up the week. Tomorrow I begrudgingly go ack to work

Have a great day!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 05:44 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

Jennifer, thanks for getting us started for the week. Have a good ride and safe travels.

I am up early. I open at work both today and tomorrow and we're hoping to head to Glenwood right after. That means bills must be paid before we go. I'll also get packed and have the house tidied. It makes it so much easier to get back in the swing of things upon our return.

Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:37 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

WFH day for me, I need to call the plumber this morning and have them come out and take care of the drain it is being stubborn. Already got my walk in this morning, looks like we are getting more storms this evening, yuck.

Jekel have a good ride this morning

Debbie hope work goes by quickly and drive over is smooth

Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:52 PM   #4  

Smile

Hi! I just rejoined this past weekend and I did leave a few posts on the weekend thread. I did SBD ten years ago and when I was thinking about a more structured way of low carb I thought I would return and see how the community is doing here.

I am retired and I am Type II diabetic. I also have about 100 lbs. to lose. I am currently not on any medication so I am hoping that through doing the low carb food plan I can avoid that.

I have been researching this plan and other low carb plans this past weekend and I am in my 6th day of Phase I. I have had a bit of sugar over those 6 days but otherwise I feel I am doing well for me, especially in terms of eliminating a lot of carbs that I used to eat.

I will try and check in here and elsewhere as I relearn this site.

Pam
TweetyX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 04:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Hi Pam - I left you a long message on the weekend thread. Welcome - I am 27 lbs in on a 75 lbs journey.

I did a interval training on the treadmill yesterday and I am still sore today! Yowza the sides of my tummy from the ribs to my hips. I did do a low intensity walk today just to stretch me out and get me moving.

I'm getting excited looking at the weather and I'm going to go golfing on Friday. I'll wear my fitbit and see how many steps I take and if it's worthy of counting as one of my 5 days. I'm considering joining a women's group - I can be a little shy and if everyone knows each other well I'll feel like a doof. I'm also not all that great at golf, I'm okay, but not great. No one is going to be begging me to be in their foursome.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:10 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening, chicks.

Sounds like everyone had a busy Monday. After work I worked out, paid bills, etc so I am just now checking in.

Amy, I like to golf but was not very good either. I joined a women's league several years ago but those people were too intense. Maybe I can get DH to get a membership again this year. Great job on the exercise and weight loss!!

Jennifer, thinking of you; so many things happening to you and your co-workers.

Pam, it's good to see you here. Did you get a chance to read the weekend responses to your questions? Of course, maybe we gave you too much advice!

Pearlrose, I hope the plumber was able to take care of the drain without too many issues. Drain clogs; yuck.

Debbie, you plan better than I do. I have good intentions to leave the house tidy but it doesn't always happen.

Have a good night, all.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:02 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Yet another quickie. Things have been hectic since got back from Georgia so I've not been in much - good hectic!

The Parson is still very much in the picture which is a very good thing and we've been walking every day in order to provide fodder for the Village gossips. I've also managed to drop a few pounds after being in the 180's for several years. It sure takes much more effort to lose when you get over 70!

Yesterday I had my final meeting as Treasurer with the Quilt Group and was given a gorgeous bunch of spring flowers as a thanks for doing it for six years. This means I can just design, quilt, mess around with fabric at meetings IF I decide to go! We have a few new members which is diluting some of the never-ending gossiping. It was great to know I was missing a Mill Board meeting at the same time.
This morning I head to the next village (bigger grocery store) for produce and a few other odds and ends. The Parson and my future DIL are coming for dinner tonight - I've known Maureen ever since I moved here and she has put the stamp of approval on us. I have a pot roast ready for the slow cooker but need fruits and veggies. I usually clean out my crispers before I go away but forgot this time. Getting cravings for spring things after my Georgia visit so ...

Hope to get back in later and catch up on my chicks. Have a good Tuesday.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:28 AM   #8  

Good morning!

Ruth - too cute with you and the Parson - congrats on the weight loss! Someone once told me her name for her quilting group was the stitch and *****.

Pam - I hope it's going well for you relearning all of this. It took me a little bit. At one point when I hadn't figured out how to find good recipes for dinner I didn't think I could make it. I hung in there for my husband, but I told him, if we can't find things we like to eat for dinner I'm not going to make it. I bought the cookbooks and googled recipes and it really saved me.

Yesterday was a hungry day for me. I think the increase of exercise is getting me hungry. I drank some tea, walked around and made it until dinner. My witching time is late afternoon. Once I can eat dinner I'm fine. I lined out all my little goals from here to the end - each 5 lbs, each percentage, etc. I made a ton of little goals and put them in my calendar. I do way better if I say - I want to lose 2.6 lbs by next Saturday (which is my next goal) then it is to have a huge, open ended number and date. Today is our park walk. We live all around water and this park leads to a beautiful beach on the Chesapeake bay. It's about an hour and a half hike - through all kinds of neat paths, , rivers, marshes & crazy steep hills. I see the turtles, I see where the beavers work, and I'm really hoping to someday actually see one.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:38 AM   #9  

Good morning,

Another wfh day for me but I have a ton of meetings anyways plus have to get some key reports out today. Plumber came last night and got it done in 30 minute and he was very reasonable priced so I will keep his card handy in case it happens again. I did have to miss DD2 Spring concert but DH went to represent. I will ask Chorus teacher to send me video she videotapes the concerts for those who miss. Today is the day they are coming to measure the kitchen, and while they are here I am having them measure the house for carpeting as they are running a special free install (remove old carpet, move furniture and install). Can't beat that, I will still have to go select carpet but it needed to be done so it just seemed like I better jump on the special and get it done.

Ruth so glad you had a great time in Georgia, so is there something you need to tell us.... your future DIL is coming to dinner?

Jekel was thinking of you yesterday afternoon

Beth I always try to straighten up before I go to work but days I go in, I always find the house messy when I come home, love wfh days and then I can stay on top of it all day

Pam I hope you were able to find useful information from the weekend thread and are able to find what will work for you. I have lost 60 lbs over the past year and a half and just have 10 more to go to get to my first goal.

Amy congrats on continuing on your journey and setting up small goals, I find small goals definitely seem to be better to reach for than a bigger goal.

Debbie are you over the hill now?

Old 03-07-2017, 07:11 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Good Tuesday evening, chicks! Warm but rainy here today so I took my sneakers to work and walked inside before I came home. It sure helps me to have completed my workout before I get home. Made the Philly Cheesesteak recipe for dinner tonight; I am going back through the old favorites I had forgotten about. It's gratifying when DH compliments the meal.

Sounds like everyone had a good day! Pearlrose, what a success to have a reasonably priced plumber and free carpet installation!

Have a good evening, chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Yesterday was a long day. I didn't get home until 8. There were over 2000 in attendance for the law enforcement viewing. I went to church again with Joe and his kids. It was good we arrived early as the entire community came and then some. Joe's cousin who was best friends with the deputy who died hugged me and said he saw me in the processional. Funny Joe didn't see me at all lol. It was heart wrenching to see his young children especially his 3 year old son. Hopefully his family and friends found some comfort yesterday.

Today was a long day at work (just trying to get up to speed). Then DS had a melt down on the phone after I got home from work. He came over for a few hours. Don't worry nothing bad, just life setbacks. He got a little tough love talk.

Pearlrose great deal on the carpet installation. I bet you will be excited to get it done.

Beth I wish I could get in a walk at work

Ruth doesn't it feel good to just enjoy life without all the commitments.

Debbie hope all is well with you.

Amy I set small goals too. Some are not weight related. When my steps are low for the day, I force myself to carry things upstairs individually or multiple trips to the car. I have become an expert in carrying a week's worth of groceries in one trip. I don't recommend it lol.

Pam the recipes have really saved me over the years. I bookmark my favorites and some I just take a screen shot and save them to a recipe photo album.

I was going to ride after work today, but by the time DS left I was exhausted. It will be an early bedtime.

Have a good night.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 04:22 AM   #12  

Good morning,

Couldn't sleep so figured I would get up for a bit and get things ready to go into work and then will crawl back in bed for a quick nap prior to getting up for the day. It will be a busy day at work and it is my boss birthday so I put together some healthy food items to make a gift bag up for her as she is trying to eat healthy and lose weight.

Jekel to you- atleast DS is comng to you for advice that is always good. I am looking forward to getting it done but not looking forward to having to pack up everything in those rooms- I think I mentioned DH loves to buy stuff which is all over these rooms. I think it will be a good time to get rid of some items as I go through things.

Beth I will try and walk at work today as well in between meetings.

Last edited by Pearlrose; 03-08-2017 at 04:25 AM.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:00 AM   #13  

Pearl - I hope you got back to sleep. My hubby did the same thing today. He had an early flight and he's always worried he's going to miss his plane. It's a quick trip and he'll be back tomorrow.

We are taking out a built in hot tub on our patio so the guys are here with jackhammers all day long. It's a little rainy here now so I'm guessing I'll get the day off from that.

Today is my rest day of exercise. Last night I actually ate salmon. I know it's a superfood of all time, and I'm just not crazy about it. It was a good recipe, the sauce covered it up enough. Hubby thought it was great, my greatest compliment about fish can be it was okay. I'm trying to eat salmon once a week. I made a cauliflower fried rice recipe with it and it really was quite good.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:22 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Another late check-in on the last springlike day we will have for a few weeks. The meadow and dogyard look like Spring with the grass uncovered and the spring flood starting. Once again it's muddy paw season!

Had a great day and a good dinner yesterday with the Parson and his DD. Maureen works at a very upscale (hate that word!) women's clothing store in nearby Westport and we had a lot to talk about. Poor Bruce felt a little out of the loop but will get over it. Now I have leftover beef pot roast to deal with but am going to stash it away in the freezer for a Shepherd's Pie at a later date.

Mrs. Gooch, thanks for the reminder re cauliflower rice. I must wander through our recipes and get back to eating fish. Canned tuna salad really doesn't count.

Beth, we have a "walk the halls" program in our next village several evenings a week. Ince the time changes, I'll try to work it in. I hate driving n the dark.

Jennifer, what a hard week you have had, although I realize it's been months. I had several tough love talks with my son at that age and it worked out fine although it really pulled at my heart strings.

Pearlrose, I am an early awakener too - darn brain needs to go into the formaldehyde jar on the dresser. I'm glad you can work in a nap before heading to the office.

Waving across the Big River at you, Beth. Maybe this summer we can get together for real coffee.

Sheesh! Maureen just asked me to go down to Florida when the whole family goes for ten days April 1. Will have to think on that.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:23 PM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello! Sorry for not posting. I am in Glenwood now. We came over after work yesterday. Kirk went to fossil hunting and my friend is coming over for me to help her with her knitting again. I decided to forgo the pool this morning since Kirk has the car so I have emptied everything out of my so-called office and have cleaned. I'm really going through things. I'm going to take a shower then try on clothes. Anything I don't like is going away.

I plugged in my laptop so maybe I can get back here later.

Jennifer, what a tough few days you have had. Sending you my Best wishes.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote