Old 01-30-2017, 07:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/345/299 - mini goal

Height: 5'5

Smile HELLO! New to Medifast 5&1...Need to Lose 100+

Hello! I am starting Medifast on February 3rd. This is my first time using Medifast 5&1.

I am 350+ pounds and have been 300+ for 15+ years. I am going to be 38 years old this year and I find that life is getting more and more difficult for me physically. I need to make a change.

I am hoping that Medifast will work for me as I have tried EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING.

I'm glad to have joined this forum as I see so much support here! Yay.
polynesian.queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

Welcome PQ!! Good for you for making the commitment and taking the FIRST STEP toward a healthier you! I love, love, LOVE the MF program, and the bonus is that the more weight you have to lose, the faster it will come off (at least initially) which actually serves as a great motivator. I have 85 lbs to lose (30 down, 55 to go), so I hear you. The first three days are the worst. Everyone will tell you that. You need to take it (no kidding) minute by minute, but just know that if you pass that, you are in the clear, and you WILL succeed on the plan!!

If you haven't done so already, read the entire Round 2 thread (it will take a while!). There are lots of REALLY great tips by lots of great folks. There are also a lot of people in their first week or two, so you will fit right in! We are very active over there, and I encourage you to hop over and introduce yourself!

Last edited by TWINCA; 01-30-2017 at 08:24 PM.
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:03 AM   #3  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

PQ! Like you I have a lot to lose and am only just started myself, so stick with me and we can follow this journey together!! Please do take TWINCA's advice to catch up on Medifast Round 2 thread and then join us there!!

Cheers,
Laura
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:45 AM   #4  
Strength; not just Muscle

S/C/G: 284/265.5/200

Height: 5'2"

Welcomelll

This program works! Take the next couple of days to get your mind set on being successful. Once you "accept" it, in good times and bad, you will be stronger. The problem a lot of people have is constantly thinking of what they can't have instead of thinking about what they CAN have. Also, give the plan time and when feeling discouraged reach out to the forum for support...its really important to talk to people who have been there/done that.

The biggest mistake I made in my first MediFast journey was not doing a proper transition.
BanTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:33 PM   #5  

PQ, you can do it!! My situation is similar to yours. I've done this program in the past and have had such success with it!! Keep us updated!
pinkberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 10:31 AM   #6  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Pinkberry! Please join us in the very active Medifast Round 2 thread!!
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 05:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 350/345/299 - mini goal

Height: 5'5

Thank you everyone!
polynesian.queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:02 AM   #8  
Get the fat outta here!

S/C/G: 313/163/163

Height: 5'11"

I have every confidence that if your mind is right, then you WILL reach your goals. Seriously, if I can do it, so can you! I am 42 and lost 150, so it's doable if your head is on straight and you keep your eye on the prize. Reach out to others when you need help, do your research and stay on plan - you got this!!
MoMo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:34 AM   #9  
Nichole

Default Wow!

That's incredible!! May I ask how long it took you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo2 View Post
I have every confidence that if your mind is right, then you WILL reach your goals. Seriously, if I can do it, so can you! I am 42 and lost 150, so it's doable if your head is on straight and you keep your eye on the prize. Reach out to others when you need help, do your research and stay on plan - you got this!!
nitenic is offline   Reply With Quote