Old 01-26-2017, 05:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Round 2: 173/173/155

Height: 5'3"

Default exercising

Do you exercise or are you only dieting? If exercising, what type do you do? How often, when and where?
wefrogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 06:54 AM   #2  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Lately, during the work week, I have been jogging and strength training on alternate days. On the weekends I tend mostly to just walk a great deal, although sometimes I will jog on the weekends too.

Exercising is important for fitness and for hanging on to your muscle mass as you lose weight. It's not as important for weight loss, though it's a good thing to do. I do think sometimes people's weight-loss efforts derail because they set unrealistic exercise goals along with their eating restriction and it all becomes too burdensome.

That said, the fact that I kept exercising somewhat regularly even when my eating habits began to go off track is probably a big part of the reason that I only regained 40 pounds between 2012 and 2016, rather than more. Despite that, my fitness level has gone way down from what it was in 2012. I don't have the stamina or the strength that I had then, and I have a lot more joint pain. I simply cannot do what I could do 40 pounds and 5 years ago. I'm hoping that getting the 40 pounds back off will help. The five years, I can't do anything about.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 137.8 22~% / 21.0% / 15%

Height: 5'4 1/2

Do you exercise or are you only dieting? If exercising, what type do you do? How often, when and where?

Yes, I love to exercise!
My main passion is tennis, and I play about 5 times a week, outdoors or indoors at a tennis club. Second is weight lifting, which I do about 6 times a week, at the gym. Third is running, which I have been avoiding lately because of the weather and also a little fasciitis in my left foot which seems is getting better, but when I run I average about 3 times a week, outside or on the treadmill.

Exercising is great to keep your stress levels down, keeps your heart healthy, and it also tones your body, if you do it frequently. I recommend it at least 3 times a week!
stronggal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:44 AM   #4  
little by little

S/C/G: 220/215/150

Height: Five foot two

For now I'm only eating better. But that is only because I've been lazy about exercise. I plan to start doing kettle bell lifting and starting out doing the exercises that my physical therapist gave me a few years ago. My physical limitations make me need to go slow on cardio because I get in pain easily. So I am going to build up my body with the PT exercises.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 06:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: Round 2: 173/173/155

Height: 5'3"

I started my weight loss journey on 10/01/16 and started exercising 12/08/16. Started out just doing 1 mile on treadmill every day then after two weeks started doing a few strength training exercises in addition to. last week I started weight lifting (bowflex) in addition and this week I started doing zumba on alternate days with the treadmill. I feel so much better when I exercise so I do the treadmill/zumba and strength training in the morning and do the bowflex at night. I stick to it all everyday except the bowflex some days I skip it if I am tired or have too much going on. Surprising to me, exercising has turned out to be my strong point and I have really been struggling and lazy with tracking my diet
wefrogy is offline   Reply With Quote