South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-21-2017, 08:45 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - January 21 and 22

Good morning. I did watch the inauguration for a while yesterday to try to stay "au courant" since I was out to a dinner party last night. It was very funny that it was not mentioned - I guess we were too Canadian.

Karen's son Ben was there and just back from a thorough trip to Egypt. He went everywhere and even brought back sand samples from the Sahara. Fascinating stuff! Ben has a new scholarship from MIT and will continue his work on sustainable food supplies. (He has built greenhouses in the Canadian Arctic and fresh veggies are now being grown up there.)

Today I am cooking Christmas Dinner, mainly because I want a turkey carcass. Sort of silly but ... Lisa, Paul, their two kids and lovely Angus are coming. (Lisa's mother does "just ham" at Christmas so this will be a treat.) The dogs will be delighted to see Angus whom they missed dreadfully when he went home last Sunday night. I have a frozen pre-stuffed turkey to throw in the oven, Lisa's bringing dessert and cranberry sauce so I just have to throw on the veggies and make the gravy. Easy peasy - and turkey soup on the hob overnight.

I have been a bit sad and depressed since Rob's death and because of some family situations so this my help drag me out of my funk. Goofing off until after noon in my jammies is not helping ... so enough already! Time to shift gears, Ruthie!

Enjoy your weekend.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:19 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Finished yoga and breakfast, enjoying my tea this morning. It will be nice outside so I am going to help DH pick up sticks in the yard and then we might go to the Zoo in the afternoon, tiime to go outside and enjoy for a bit. I cleaned the house yesterday evening so that is done other than laundry.

Ruth glad you had a nice dinner party last night. I watched parts of it yesterday and did watch the parade last night.

Jennifer l hope it was quiet in NYC yesterday, looks like there will be a big crowd today in Washington

Amy glad you had a back up plan. I set my goal weight based upon what I know I have weight before and felt good at. It is still slightly higher than 25 BMI more like 27 BMI but it is something I think I will be able to maintain easier. Who knows once I reach goal, I might want to get down further down, we shall see.

Beth safe travels today taking DS back to college

Debbie thanks I will have to look those up, let me know how they work out for you

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Happy Saturday! It's foggy here again, but I'm looking forward to leaving for some vacation.

This week I went to see a cardiologist and my internal medicine dr. My mom passed last year after half a life of heart issues. She had quintuple bypass at 52. I've always been terrified of being checked out. The cardiologist is testing my cholesterol and I'll be getting a nuclear stress test and echocardiogram. The internal med dr says, the reality is, those will most likely be absolutely fine, what you're looking for is potential blockages and inflammation. So I'm going to also do a cardiac ct and getting some number, which the name escapes me, which shows me my risk factors. Int Med dr says mom's history isn't really a huge risk factor for me, which I found surprising. He says 3 biggest indicators are smoking (never have), cholesterol (being tested), diabetes (don't have, but losing weight so I don't get). So I'm trying to be proactive now about my health, even though it gives me tremendous anxiety.

Ruth - it's okay to be in a funk, but it's also okay to do something to take your mind off it!

I have my next goal in mind - 20 lbs by the time I see my sisters at the end of February. That's only 4 lbs, but I am being realistic here - I'm going away for 10 days. I'm going to try and do the best I can, but that may not be easy. My hope is to gain no more than 2 lbs. I'm packing exercise gear so I can use the gym at the resort and walk on the treadmill.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 06:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I've never seen so many women in my life!!! Lol I think NYC definitely underestimated the amount of people who were planning on marching today. I forgot how much your body feels the marble of GCT. I am going to be using my gift from DS tonight. My tootsies need it lol.

Ruth enjoy tonight. Family is who we choose. Sometimes our friends are more family than our actual family. Bet your house smellled yummy today.

Beth hope you had a safe ride to drop DS off.

Pearlrose isn't it great to still be outside at the end of January? Hope you get to the zoo.

Amy traveling can be a challenge, but going someplace warm may actually make you want to eat less. I actually lost 4 pounds when I went to Hawaii. Between the walking and the fresh foods I didn't feeel deprived at all. Heart disease runs rampant in my family too. My grandpa had a massive heart attack at 41. All but one of my mom's first cousins died before they turned 60 from heart attacks. Glad you are being proactive.

Not sure what is on my agenda tomorrow. Maybe nothing which would be a welcome change of pace after this week. I was so glad to get home knowing I don't go back to work until Tuesday. Here's to a relaxing evening.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:21 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I am sitting outside posting from my phone. It's dark and cold. I have a three day run at work and then we leave on our trip right afterwards. I spent yesterday taking care of household chores then drove to Denver to Chevrolet because they didn't have one of my windshield wipers up here. I've started packing this morning my brain seems to want to think about that now. I'm packing a small bag to bring into the hotel our first night which includes done dishes and food, and a sheet for the bed. LOL. Alot to think about traveling with the doggies. The only food I'm going to bring from here is for my smoothies. Everything else we will pick it up at whole foods in Santa Fe. I sure am looking forward to this!

I'd better get moving. Dogs need to go to daycare and I still have some laundry going. Have a good Sunday everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Happy Sunday everyone!

I lost .6 since Thursday, which puts me at 16.6 down and 2 lbs from last Sunday. Hubby didn't lose, but he's struggling a little figuring out how much to eat because he was losing so much each week. I've noticed I'm really not even hungry much anymore. I pretty much try and keep an eye on the clock or else I won't eat. Trust me, this is not who I was, I used to always be a little hungry. If you'd ask me if I could eat I'd say, sure, I could have a little. Now I'm really not.

I'm finishing packing today and hoping and planning to not gain weight on this trip. I'll be on an island and you can't exactly run to the local whole foods.

I may not be back until next Wednesday. Stay healthy everyone!
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:05 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I slept in til 7:30 a.m. my body must of needed the sleep. Yesterday, picking up sticks took up much longer than anticipated and then DD2 didn't want to go to the Zoo, so I went grocery shopping instead, I went over to the next town to bigger grocery store so was still enjoying the outside. DD2 and a friend who spent the night walked to the park to hang out with a couple of friends so she did get out.

Not sure what is on the agenda for today.

Ruth hope your dinner last night was great!

Jekel I saw there were tons of women everywhere, hopefully peaceful everywhere as well

Debbie you must be excited for the trip, I know I would be.

Amy sounds like you have a plan for your trip, have fun!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 01-22-2017 at 09:05 AM.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:09 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Amy, enjoy your vacation. I am sure you will not gain much, if anything, on your vacation as long as you make mindful choices. Anyhow, you have developed some skills now and know how to take it off.

Debbie, I hope your 3-day stretch at work is not too tiring. Are the dogs going with you on your trip? Seems a long time to me since you went on a trip. You've earned it.

Jennifer, glas you got through the Women's march with no problems. There were marches in Toronto and Kingston and other Canadian cities but no problems. We Canadians are so darned polite - legend has it. Where wlse in the worl do people say "Sorry" when someone steps on your toe.

Rose, too funny. We are picking up sticks today. Paul and Richard trimmed the trees in my lane and had to leave the sticks for pick-up later. Then they got iced in. Melted now so they will be back later today to clean-up.

Beth, I hope the drive do drop off your son was safe and there were no problems. I must warn you we are sending another dump of snow down to you this week.

Dinner with Lisa, Paul and kids and dogs was wonderful. The turkey and rest of the veggies turned out really well. Lisa and her daughter Melissa did a complete cleanup of the aftermath - turkey, dressing and veggies put away and the carcass in the soup pot ready to simmer overnight. They even put the dinner napkins and tablecloth in the washer ready to roll later today. Gotta love competent relatives! Paul and I sat in the parlour, sipped Scotch and discussed Village improvement projects.

Today I will d0 some packaging and freezing of stock and meat leftovers and get ready for the week. (I think I am pulling myself out of this funk and am ready to get back to my real life. I may even get the tree stuff packed away.)

Have a great Sunday, Beachers.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 04:53 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks! I'm back from delivering DS. No problems with traffic and the weather was awesome, considering what traveling in January can be. Now, I just hope my boy is smart enough to pay attention to his injury and follow the PT carefully.

Ruth, glad you had a nice dinner and such helpful relatives! Enjoy the soup. I will check out the details on this weather you are sending my way.

Debbie and Amy, I hope both of you have great trips. I need to start talking to DH about what he wants to do when we have break in April.

Rose, glad you had a productive day and were able to enjoy the weather.

Jennifer, may your days off be the right mix of relaxing and productive. Did you see me wave yesterday or were you too busy?

I've got chili from the freezer in the pot for dinner but I need to do some laundry. At least I was smart enough to make and freeze extra breakfast quiche last weekend; now I've just got to see if I have enough produce to make tomorrow's lunch or if I need to make a grocery run.

Last edited by Beth19; 01-22-2017 at 04:54 PM.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote