South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-16-2017, 07:57 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Week of January 16 to 20

Good Morning as this part of the continent moves into a hint of Spring week. I know ir won't last but it'll be nice to see above freezing temperatures. I am trying to not get too excited though because we traditionally have our biggest cold and snow dump in February.

Lisa and the kids picked up Angus last night. What a joyous welcome they got! The cruise went well and they all looked happy and healthy. My two dogs are going to feel lonely without their pal here all the time.

Now it's time to get back to an alleged normal life. I did do some cooking yesterday afternoon so am prepped for the week. Gotta get back in my groove back.

How dis your week go? Did you do any cooking ahead? I'm feeling stale.

Now it's time to shower and go off to coffee and then to a dratted Mill Board Meeting. I am still on the Board, just not the Executive.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:20 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

A special early hello to Ruth, and thanks for getting us started this week! Sorry about that meeting. LOL

The car is started and is warming up. I'm sitting outside with a cup of coffee. No dogs anymore. They have to sit inside until the mountain lion decides to go back up into the hills. I did prep myself two weeks of meals Saturday morning. My lunchbox is packed and ready to go. I stayed on plan yesterday and the scale is going down and down. I really wanted an extra snack last night meaning carbohydrate crunchy but had an apple instead. The last batch I bought a really tasty.

I better get moving since I have to drop the doggies off again. It's snowing here but not too much, so far. Have a great day!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 01-16-2017 at 08:20 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:30 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is another rainy day here but the temps will be in the 50's I will take it. I did manage to go out with DD2 last night and we hit the mall, the grocery store and home depot. I got floor samples to bring home and decide on which one I want to do, may have to go to the store instead of ordering online as the store clerk said they will not do the military discount online, I am pretty sure I can fit the boxes in my car they are not as long as I thought. Today is wfh, tomorrow and Thursday I will go in for onsite meetings.

Ruth glad that you got some prep work done, I must admit I have not but did pick up more op foods last night. Hope the meeting goes by quickly for you

Debbie sounds like you have a great plan food wise. Hope that cat decides to go back up the mountains soon.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:55 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, chicks. MLK day means a day off from school so today I will clean and food prep. Oh and a workout. Yesterday was mostly relaxing with a book, although I did grade papers while I watched football with DS2 and DH. One of my major food preps always involves breakfast for the week, a mix of mini-quiche and muffins made with nut flour. I did a grocery run Saturday but need to inventory and see if there is anything last minute I need.

Ruth, I'm ok with this week being on the warm side; DS2 has to get back to school and I'd rather not dodge any snow. Hope your meeting is short. I know what you mean about one's cooking getting stale. Even though I love some recipes I do get in a rut of making the same few over and over. I need to poke around the recipe section.

Debbie, glad the doggies have a safe place to spend the day! Hope the snow doesn't accumulate.

Pearlrose, I have a hard time making decisions on colors and patterns; it is hard for me to visualize a room full from a small swatch. I like those computer programs that let you "try out" paint colors and such. Have a good day.

To the other chicks, hope you have a great Monday!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Evening check in for me....Amy great job!!!! You should definitely hit your goal!!! .....Hannah I worried too when I transitioned to P2. I did either a grain or a fruit per day until I learned how I would handle the change. For me fruit needs to be in the evening unless it's in a smoothie. I tend to eat gluten free so it's spelt English muffins, quinoa or couscous (so yummy). I do indulge but get back on track within a day or two. The chicks have been a huge part of my success.....Ruth hope your day was calm....Beth glad you enjoyed some quality book time...Debbie I wouldn't let the pups out either!!! Way too scary....Pearlrose what did you decide for the floor?

Uneventful day at work. Met my sister Maria and a friend for a early supper after work. Got on the bike even though I wasn't feeling very motivated. Long work week (6 days) with Thursday in the city. Already looking forward to being off Sunday lol. Ruth I made a few things this week that freeze well which helps me have a "rotation"

Have a great night!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone! Today started with a bang. My daughter in college texted me at midnight, while I was sleeping, that she had the flu. She was so sick this morning she was a mess. I was going to go to her, i'm in the DC area, she's in Alabama, but hubby reminded me - I hadn't had the flu shot and he had. We're going on vacation next week and he didn't want me getting sick too. So, we booked him a ticket and he's down now with her. She asked to come to the hotel so he got a room with 2 beds. He said she never seemed more relieved to see him. She saw him, went and took a bath while he ran out for ginger ale and crackers and she passed out.

So I'm alone, I tend to get a bit chicken little staying alone. After I got home I just turned on the security system. I still made dinner - have you all made that warm mushroom spinach salad from the sbd cookbook? Soooo good - I had that and a steak and was in heaven. I bought a food scale so I weighed the meat. I have a terrible time know how much meat weighs, turns out I way underestimate. All part of the learning. It's kind of funny how I weigh and measure everything, it's really to educate me on portion sizes, I can cook without measuring normally.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:18 AM   #7  

Good morning,

I am going into work today, have my lunch packed and about ready to hit the road, just finishing up my tea. Nothing on the agenda this evening.

Jekel I think I have narrowed it down to gray walnut or gray oak wood laminate floor that is supposed to be very water resistant (ie pet proof). They don't have walnut in stock at the store so would have to order online, need to figure out all of the logistics, luckily I have the receipt from when I did the floor back in 2002 so I know exactly what I need and amounts.

Amy sorry to hear about your DD glad your DH was able to go down and stay with her

to everyone else

Have a great day
Old 01-17-2017, 07:18 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

My smoothie is made and lunch is packed. I intend one more short cup of coffee before heading out the door. It's very cold outside and I am still thinking spring. I continued my declutter/cleanup this morning and made some visible progress. I shoveled a little bit of snow, too.

Amy, I'm glad that your DH could go down and be with your daughter. I hope she improves quickly. I am one who spends a lot of time by myself. I just always keep the doors locked and have a watchful eye.

Waving at everyone else! Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-17-2017, 07:49 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

So much for my thinking spring! We are now in a "freezing rain/ice pellets/snow" alert which is broadcast in red letters. Seems to me that we worry about the weather a lot more than we did ten years ago!

Trying hard to get myself back into normal life but I think it will take a while so don't worry if I'm not chatty.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:57 PM   #10  

Evening, chicks.

We also have freezing rain/ice but then the temperature will warm up and melt it tomorrow, for which I am glad.

Amy, glad DH was able to go see DD. The most exciting Kid-at-college phone call I ever got was one morning at 5 am DS1 called to say part of the ceiling of his apartment had caved in! There was a water leak and a 3 foot square of plaster fell! I spent much of that day on the phone with the landlord trying to say this needed immediate attention.

I am feeling satisfied that my weight is back down from the holiday and my eating is better. As others have said, I credit my success to you chicks.

Got some things to do so I'll see you tomorrow!

Last edited by Beth19; 01-17-2017 at 07:58 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:45 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning!

I've been up sorting/organizing files. It was time to move some past taxes to the basement. My mom has an eye appt in Denver today so think I need to leave about 9. Sis came over and we are all going to go. She and I have an exciting trip planned. Next Tuesday after work she and I are headed to New Mexico to visit our friend who used to live in Glenwood. Pups are welcom (she's the former director of our Pet Therapy), so we will all pile in the little car and go. That's why I'm being so diligent about organizing right now...after I get back I have to start the books for company taxes.

Beth, great story about the cave in...had that at a rental once. Lol. Good for you with your weight back down and back to better eating. Me, too.

Ruth, I hope each day feels a tad better.

Rose, glad you are finally narrowing down the flooring. I understand the "pet proof".

Amy, I don't have any of the cookbooks but I have an old recipe for a warm spinach salad that is yummy. I have a scale I always have handy for portion sizes. I don't always use it but find it a really helpful tool.

Jennifer, I love when I hear you've had an uneventful day at work. I hope you are making it through your long work week.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:40 AM   #12  

Morning, chicks! We have ice again and a school delay this morning. This has been a strange winter for weather. But I can't say I mind an extra hour in the morning to drink my coffee and ease into the day!

Debbie, your tax talk is nudging me as well. This will be the first time I am responsible for overseeing my parents' taxes, which I find intimidating. I have a good handle on DH and mine, plus the kids just use the short form, but this is a bit different. I am glad their accountant is an old HS friend that I trust.

Ruth, . Be careful today if your sidewalks are like ours!

Stay safe today, Jennifer and hope the week goes quickly.

Time to refill my cup and hit the shower. Have a good day, all.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:30 AM   #13  

Good morning,

We are having weird weather in the 50s for the rest of the week (I will take it) though kinda of gray out there would be nice to see the sun. Today is wfh, tonight DD2 has art class and then we have her HS orientation to go to and pick her classes for next year. (My baby is going to be in High School). The scale moved down today so almost back to normal; eating has been great and DD1 has started eating healthy so she will be my buddy.

Debbie I have started organizing for taxes as well, need to get started on them.

Beth we have had strange weather. I took over my parents taxes about 5 years ago, when we go visit them next month I will pick up their paperwork.

Ruth be careful with the ice

Last edited by Pearlrose; 01-18-2017 at 08:31 AM.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:38 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Good morning! I've already been out and about although I should have checked whether the school buses were running. I got to my 9 a.m. class and discovered it's cancelled when the buses are. Duh! Anyhow it was a waste of gas and time. We now resume normal broadcasting. I do have to go out again later to pay my US credit card at the Bank which doesn't open until later.

Still feeling gloomy and sad. I am going to be gentle with myself for a while. Maybe an afternoon nap in the morning?
Old 01-18-2017, 05:15 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ruth being gentle to yourself may be exactly what you need. Hopefully each day you will feel heal a little more. You do WAY too much for so many people. Just take it easy.

Pearlrose my buddy John did a gray ceramic long narrow tile which looked like walnut wooden planks. Their kitchen renovation is amazing. Any floor which is pet friendly is great in my book! Glad DD is eating healthy with you

Beth thank you for the well wishes. This weekend will certainly prove to be interesting to say the least. Although I am disappointed I did not get selected for the inauguration detail I am happy for those who did. Looks like a lot of disruptive behavior is planned. I am redeployed to the palace aka Grand Central on Saturday. There is a HUGE march planned for NYC. Guess where the meeting place is....lol...never a dull moment. I am going to brush up on our "demonstration protocols." GCT and Penn handle them differently. Hope the weather improves for you.

Debbie I need to start getting tax stuff together too. What part of NM are you going too? I've been to Socorro which is south of Alberquerque (maybe an hour). Very pretty, but very different from my little corner of the world. The Sandra Peaks were amazing, they best the longest tram ride in the US.

Amy it's amazing our kids always seem to need us when they are sick. I often joke with my mom when I am under the weather asking her to come take care of me. Nothing like TLC. I keep the door locked all the time when I am home. My son says I keep it like a fortress lol. I leave the interior door and lock the storm door on nice days to get the sun. But still close and lock the interior door if I go upstairs. The other night I was in the yard with my ferocious pup (Coconut is scared of everything lol) and I saw a figure moving very quickly up the block. The dog didn't react at all! I couldn't make out if it was a person or a deer. Whatever it was it was fast. I live about an hour north of NYC in a "blue collar" neighborhood. The biggest crime we have had was someone taking lose change from unoccupied cars. Still I keep my head on a swivel at all times. Which gets tiring at times. My son hates that I make him sit with his back to the door if we are at a restaurant. I have lots of these little quirks (goes with the territory).

Speaking of DS (man I am rambling tonight lol) he started school. He is taking an English class and an introduction class for mechanical engineering. He was really enthusiastic about the MEC class. He still has yet to move back home (he needs to find a replacement for his spot in the house). The house is ready whenever he is. He did enjoy my Mexican lasagna, even commented he cant wait to eat normal meals again lol.

I too am back to my pre holiday weight. I'm a pound under my goal weight. My plan is to lose a few more pounds before my bike ride in May. My body will thank me for each with each hill climb.

Ok enough babbling time to get my work out in. Hope everyone enjoys their night.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote