Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-16-2017, 03:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/194/150

Height: 5'3"

Default 50+ lbs from Depression

My depression is something which I have always struggled with but has mostly affected me in the last few years. My freshman and sophomore year of high school I was always conscious about what I ate and made myself sick more often than I would like to admit. After a bad breakup where I ended up losing most of my friends because I went to an incredibly small school I ended up switching to a homeschool where I would take the rest of my classes at my local community college. Over the course of the last year my weight has crept up on me and I have gone from normally being at 120 my freshman and sophomore year to 130s my junior year and since I switched the spring semester of my Junior year I am now 190. I went from having PE and softball practices everyday to never exercising and eating all of my feelings. I've kind of hit a rock bottom here and don't know where to start. Before I start college in the fall I want to get back down to 150 so I can start feeling comfortable in my own skin again. From 150 I can work back down to my ideal but I have to actually start first. So here's to starting.
balladofsalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 231/223/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm new to this forum also. I'm older than you, but I remember being your age and struggling with my weight. I've been yo-yo dieting for years and hoping to get support here so I can stop that cycle. I hope you are able to do the same so that you can be healthy and build up your self confidence in college. I think it's a really great first step that you are reaching out to get help and support from others. My suggestion is to focus on healthy eating and activity, and not on fad diets or extremes (like starving yourself or binging/purging) - I've been there and I know how it feels. You sound like a survivor to me - you can do this!
Lola75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 12:21 PM   #3  

Welcome ... I'm new here too and agree with Lola75's advice. When I was your age and 150 at 5'3" I thought I was the most obese person on the planet ... it stopped me from trying/doing so many things. I hope you can find ways to conquer the demons we all face and feel happy in your own skin.
Driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
50 pounds, depression