Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-07-2017, 02:58 PM   #1  
~Kim~

Default New Year Resolutions?

Obviously we all have the same big picture in mind. But we all know people tend to break or give up on their resolutions pretty early on in the year. I decided to give myself small resolutions to focus on, things that seem more doable than just the overall big picture of losing weight.

First, I decided to give up caffeine. I started drinking coffee a few years back after my second daughter was born (man two kids is a lot harder than one) and got addicted. Obviously wasn't helping with any of my weight loss efforts. So, I decided to go cold turkey New Years day. Got the headaches for the first few days but now I'm closing out my first week and doing great. I actually was laying in bed last night thinking that maybe since I did great all week I could reward myself by getting a decaf iced mocha this morning, caught myself, said it wasn't worth the possible slippery slope and put it out of my mind. Small victory, but I am pretty proud of myself.

My other resolution is to get moving more. I never seem to stick with a workout no matter how much I want to. It's easy to wake up not feel like it and say, "eh, I'll skip today" and then it turns into a month. I've also been waking up with lower back pain the last few weeks and made me realize I'm not getting any younger. I decided to try yoga. I've done it before in the past a few times and always enjoyed it. Did some research, found a program I thought looked enjoyable ordered the DVD's and they arrived on New Years Eve. Decided to take that as a sign. Popped the first one in on New Years day and I've done a program every day since. Back pain is getting better and I'm moving again. Hopefully it will lead to even more physical activity in the near future.

So for I think the first time ever, I've made it a week without breaking my resolutions! Hopefully talking about it isn't me jinxing myself.

Did anyone else make resolutions specifically towards helping them with their weight loss/getting healthy goals?

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 01-07-2017 at 03:02 PM.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 04:56 PM   #2  
Push all the configs!

S/C/G: 272/269/185

Height: 5' 6"

Hey there! I always start off the New Year with ALL the resolutions. This year though I decided to just take it one day at a time. Good on you for being able to give up caffeine. As horrible as they are for you, energy drinks have been plasticizing my insides for the last couple of years. I'm talking two a day (generic Monsters, not even the name brand ones) So for my resolutions, I am giving them up. I am also giving up fast food, except for when we order pizza once on the weekends. Sometimes I'll get a salad when we order the pizza. After the first time I did that, hubby started me Sally Soulsmasher...he thinks he's funny. But hey, whatever works, right?

I would love to go back to the gym right now but transportation and time are not on my sides. I decided that I would order some workout discs and after some research I decided to go with the P90 ones. (It's like the beginner version of P90X, I'm motivated...not crazy) Did my first one Thursday and then yesterday I was dying! OMG it was so sad! But I'm jumping back in today and may modify even more to make it easier as the big thing now for me is to get in the HABIT of doing them. I can step it up later when I'm not so awful at everything.

Grats on skipping that iced decaf, you're a stronger lady than me! And for sticking with resolutions overall! It is the small goals and victories that we need to focus on so we don't lose faith in ourselves.
Melzmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

Yes, I've lasted a week of keeping my resolutions which is big for me. My big two weight loss ones are no binge eating which means I don't watch TV while eating which triggers me and no eating junk food in the house and only ONE piece of junk food (handful of chips if not candy, one small slice of cake, etc) when out of the house. So far I've been successful even with cravings as I am determined to keep my streak (on my habit app) and keep my promise to myself. I also use meditation whenever I get a strong craving and that's helped a ton. I had one free sample cookie at the grocery store and that's it even though my dad regularly keeps junk food in the house.

Great job to both of you for keeping with it!
Zucena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 120/123 curren, 100 goal

Height: 5"4

lose 20 pounds by Summer on a 1000-1200 cal diet is that doable?
LordGod1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 235/192.6/150

Height: 5'5"

I never do resolutions because I never seem to stick to them... and then I just feel guilty. So I just keep on going as normal and try to make healthy decisions
kabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 04:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

I want to move more. That's a very general goal so I hope I will be able to meet it I started with walking and I am currently on 6k steps a day (at least). While it's not much as such, it's still about double to triple of what I would do before I started to track my steps. I hope to add running by spring and increase the number of steps gradually but for now, just walking, walking, walking, eating on plan and sticking to it is what I aim for!
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:27 AM   #7  

be 100 pounds by summer and stay with my diet
Old 01-10-2017, 06:30 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabaker View Post
I never do resolutions because I never seem to stick to them... and then I just feel guilty. So I just keep on going as normal and try to make healthy decisions
smart!
Old 01-18-2017, 04:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 222/154.4/149 (mini-goal)

Height: 5'4"

I've been on WW since 4/18/16. I am not about 16 pounds to my goal. I want to be at 138 by my year anniversary if not sooner. The last two months have been difficult for a variety of reasons.
karen0117 is offline   Reply With Quote