Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-02-2017, 05:56 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat: January 2 - January 8

All back in sync with the Gregorian calendar, I am.

Today DW insists that the Christmas Tree must come down. She wants her living room back. And, since she does the work of removing the ornaments, she wants to do it today on the holiday. Me, I'd keep it up for a month at least.

Eating over the holidays wasn't that good. My successes were centered around stopping when I had my hands somewhere they shouldn't have started - like appetizers before a planned large meal. I do like the notion of starting a new year.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I'm halfway back to work today - starting a dog sit - but will be in full swing tomorrow. I'm meeting a friend's rottie puppy today too - a nice way to start the year.

Bill Our tree came down yesterday. Convenience overcame sentiment.

Happy New Year to all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Returned from my 10 day visit seeing relatives late last night. Caught a wicked cold from my nephew.

Weight is higher than it's been in several years but I'll give it a few days.

Ready to tackle the weight. Now!

Dh has promised me a few days of honey dos as my Christmas present, so I hope he doesn't catch my cold.

I have the week off! Hope my cold is short lived so I can enjoy it.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

We're taking down decorations as well today. I like to keep them up through New Year's day because of our yearly birthday party which we had last night. It was a success. I made a wicked seafood lasagna (can you imagine 4 pounds of seafood inside?). My MIL made a traditional lasagna, one guest brought a huge tossed salad and another brought the birthday cake and ice cream. In all, there were 5 celebrating January birthdays and one from December.

To add about Christmas decorations: I've never been one to put them up until mid December, unlike many of my friends who put them up the day after Thanksgiving. But those friends are the ones who take them down the day after Christmas. That isn't very festive in my book.

My weight is horrible, but I'm being realistic about it. Two days of not great eating has contributed to it, and next weekend, when we travel to Dallas for my BIL's memorial service, won't help much. So, I'll be careful this week and will really get serious about losing next Monday.

Happy New Year!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

I am ringing in the New Year actually happy with my weight. which was 124.5 this morning. Over the past few days I have cooked a big pot of Pumpkin Lentil Stew, another larger pot of bean soup, also a big dish of baked sole with fennel, peppers & onions, and 1.5 pounds of brussels sprouts in the crockpot. I have absolutely no excuse to eat badly. Tonight I'm going to grill some shrimp.

DH, currently in Olympia WA visiting DS and DIL, will be home tomorrow afternoon. I'm taking Cooper in to the vet this afternoon hoping his stitches can come out from his perineal hernia surgery and hoping he can ditch the plastic head cone. We got a big rainstorm and associated mud. Clear today but more rain is forecast for later in the week. Hallelujah! We sure need it.

I'm not sure if I have any grand goals for 2017. Maybe my resolution is "don't waste time". Wishing for a good year for everyone here!
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlinAtTheMoon View Post
I am ringing in the New Year actually happy with my weight. which was 124.5 this morning. Over the past few days I have cooked a big pot of Pumpkin Lentil Stew, another larger pot of bean soup, also a big dish of baked sole with fennel, peppers & onions, and 1.5 pounds of brussels sprouts in the crockpot. I have absolutely no excuse to eat badly. Tonight I'm going to grill some shrimp.

DH, currently in Olympia WA visiting DS and DIL, will be home tomorrow afternoon. I'm taking Cooper in to the vet this afternoon hoping his stitches can come out from his perineal hernia surgery and hoping he can ditch the plastic head cone. We got a big rainstorm and associated mud. Clear today but more rain is forecast for later in the week. Hallelujah! We sure need it.

I'm not sure if I have any grand goals for 2017. Maybe my resolution is "don't waste time". Wishing for a good year for everyone here!
Alice Great start to the new year!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:34 AM   #7  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Alice, you've just inspired me do some searches on pumpkin & lentil recipes, as I found a lot of marked-down cans of pumpkin puree just before Christmas, a legacy of unsold Thanksgiving goods. You sound well-provisioned, a state that I always aspire to.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote