Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-28-2016, 11:25 AM   #1  

Default Juicing is it good

Hi all I am 35 now I still weigh 80 kg want to lose 20 of them maybe 50 llbs ..

I just watched documentary film of Joe Cross ( fat and nearly dead )

I want to try it can you guys tell me if I can do it too

I am addicted to tea how do i stop it while these 60 days.

I eat 300 grams of cooked rice each night How Do I substitute with veg carbs and sweat ( for rice and sugar in tea )

Your help is highly needed.

Regards
fatwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/238/185

Height: 5'9

I am currently on a 60 day modified juice fast. I have Juiced for the last 10 years, on and off. It has worked for me because I don't eat fast food, dairy or meat. And try to eat clean most of the time. I find my self with a 30 pound weight gain because of menopause, retirement and not going to the gym and some eating habits that need to improve. I am on day 6 and will have a protein smoothie as my afternoon juice starting on day 15. On day 30 I will have bean or vegetable soup( Low salt, low calorie soup) for my evening meal. Until I get to day 60. I did do a 30 day only juice. I am working with a trainer trying to build muscle so I will defiantly need my protein. IMHO, A juice fast of less than 7 days is not worth it.. because for the first 4 you feel like crap. I don't believe you have to go all the way in ...you can dip your toe in by just having a juice to replace one meal. I like juicing because after you eat so much better. When I find myself gaining weight, I can take it off easily. If you are eating fast food and lots of junk stop before you juice because detox can be rough. I usually only have cold symptoms for the first 4 days. If your tea has caffeine, you might want to do a herbal tea. Good luck.
channning102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 12:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 203/172/153

Height: 5"3

Mashed parsnip and carrots for rice would be a satisfying swap.
mynameisyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 02:14 PM   #4  

Hi een I just had to respond to this, but only in light of my own personal experience.

I did the juicing a few years ago, the video is so inspiring and Joe managed to reverse his diabetes and accomplish a lot of things. I am not diabetic but I was intrigued and wanted a quick fix at the time. I was throwing a big bash for daddy's birthday (80+ people) in a dance hall and wanted to lose quickly! Some friends told me about Joe Cross and that is when I researched it, bought a juicer, and thus it began!

I will never forget when my mother called me and asked, "honey, what diet are you on"? at which point I responded, "the fat, sick , and nearly dead diet ma" hahaha "OMG honey", she said. Poor woman, I traumatized her!

It worked well for what I was aiming for. I found the kale to be delicious in the juicer and I experimented to find a recipe that I really found delicious! I even got my parents on board, but of course just for a shake or two! It depends on where we are all at healthwise and so much more! There are so many variables to consider! Keep in mind, that peeling and keeping up with it can be quite time consuming!

The kale and spinach provide some protein. I found I had enormous energy and my skin was glowing but as channing said, it can be a good jump start for a few days into a different program. I certainly do not mean to offend any fruitarians here or fasters! We all must find our niche and do what works for us. I was even part of a fasters group once where we had a doc and very many knowledgeable people, I learned a lot! It so depends on our circumstance and current state.

The best suggestion I can offer, seeing as you asked, is to find a program that you can live with and make a lifestyle out of ! The quick fix worked for me but I could not live with it! Also be aware, that once you resume so called "normal" eating, you may gain anywhere from 4-6 lbs. almost instantly due to the re-introduced carbs retaining water.

Different things work with different people! If starting this can help break your current habits sooner and be a good jump start into your new eating p lan , so be it! I must say that I found my muscle tone compromised after such endeavors and for me, I NEED the protein (for many various reasons) in addition to greens and nuts, etc.

Dr. Oz had (has) a 3 day shake detox program which is pretty good! DH loved the shakes, I liked some but not all. We all need to find our balance.

In as far as your question as to whether you can do it or not, your physician can best answer that but whatever you decide to do and or plight you take, I wish you the utmost success! I am currently , or found again, a plan I can make a lifestyle out of and don't even feel I am on some kind of diet! This is working for me but again, dear chicks, I respect all plans and whatever works for us individually!

een, please do keep us posted if you wish! As for the rice, I was a big carb addict (and not in the sense of veg carbs) and totally loved my whites! A lot of the girls here get cauliflower rice! Maybe you can put some lemon in water? create your own sort of tea. I wish you much success in all of your endeavors!
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:28 AM   #5  

HI eensnsn!

Weight gain is a result of a positive calorie balance. The body burs less energy than you give him. Rather simple. The difficult thing is to keep an eye on your daily calorie balance. There are different solutions on the market for this. I reduced my weight for 30 kg in 12 months. No magic or some expensive stuff needed. Change your nutrition and keep an eye on your balance. There is an App which helped me most during the day. Because its VERY easy to use. This is the reason why I used it all the time. The App is called SlimTracker (for iphone) ... maybe this helps you also ... What do you mean with "you are addicetd to tea"???
Thanks!
best regards
MatMei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 08:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I've known a few people who did this Joe Cross juice thing. Among them they all lost a lot of weight, one friend actually lost 200lbs! It was a really big deal when this first came out.

Sorry to tell you though that all those people that I know who did a juice fast have all regained all the weight back and some have commited to doing the juice fast on and off every time they gain the weight back. They're pretty miserable.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 120/123 curren, 100 goal

Height: 5"4

i gained off juicing didnt keep me full lead to binges. i do 90% vegan and ive lost over 45lbs in 4 months
LordGod1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 120/123 curren, 100 goal

Height: 5"4

it didnt for me. i was taking in 1400+ calories and ended up binging on solid food anyhow. yeah...didnt work. im on Karl Lagerfeld diet and yes i use artificial sweeteners. they dont make you fat thats a food falacy
LordGod1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:26 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by eensnsn View Post
Hi all I am 35 now I still weigh 80 kg want to lose 20 of them maybe 50 llbs ..

I just watched documentary film of Joe Cross ( fat and nearly dead )

I want to try it can you guys tell me if I can do it too

I am addicted to tea how do i stop it while these 60 days.

I eat 300 grams of cooked rice each night How Do I substitute with veg carbs and sweat ( for rice and sugar in tea )

Your help is highly needed.

Regards
It's a great way to get in micronutrients.

But it's not providing you with the important macronutrients that you need.
coachwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 04:29 PM   #10  

It didn't for me, as I found it just too extreme and unsustainable. I also think the body needs protein etc and it really isn't healthy to cut everything out - it's unnecessarily difficult. I can see why it's tempting though, but really it's better to find a sensible plan that you can incorporate into your life.
Jeannnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:44 AM   #11  
Fresh Starter

Height: 5'7"

I saw that movie (and have watched a bunch of other, similar documentaries), bought a juicer and did it for a few weeks. I felt great, my skin looked amazing, and I had a lot of energy. Lost 15 lbs. right away. But I couldn't sustain the diet. It takes a lot of prep time to make the juices at home (personal time is an issue for me) and buying juices at a juice bar is way too expensive in NYC ($9 - $12 bucks each depending on vendor, organic vs. non-organic, 12oz vs. 16 oz. etc.) Plus lugging around bottles of juice to make sure you have a meal handy was pretty inconvenient. And I did gain back the weight as soon as I started eating regular meals. I will be incorporating green juices into my maintenance plan eventually (probably breakfast). I do think whole foods and mostly plant-based organic is the way to go if you can do it /afford it.

Jean
jeanscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:22 AM   #12  

any recipe of salad that can help lose weight without loosing energy
fatwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eensnsn View Post
any recipe of salad that can help lose weight without loosing energy
No salad can make you lose weight. No juice can make you lose weight. Losing weight requires a combination of eating healthy foods consistently FOREVER, exercising consistently FOREVER, and reducing toxins from your life (stress, smoking, depression, unhealthy behaviors etc).

Meal salads include leafy greens, raw and cooked vegetables, protein such as meat, tofu, eggs, seeds, or legumes, and fats such as olive oil or cheese. The combination of these keep you satiated.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:59 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 212/209.6/160

Height: 5'5"

I have a fruit & vegetable smoothie on weekends. My doctor told me the drink should be 75% vegetable and 25% fruit, since many fruits have a high sugar count. I stick to berries, watermelon & pears. MY favorite is bananas and strawberries with kale.
ChelsieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:33 AM   #15  

Exercises and gym can help in weight loss.
ChristinaBrock is offline   Reply With Quote