South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-19-2016, 07:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekly Beach Chat Dec 19th - Dec 23rd

Brrrrrrrrrr coffee is hot who wants a cup?
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 07:54 AM   #2  

Good morning everyone. I haven't had much time lately. Lots going on, nothing bad though. Just busy. Today I am home just puttering and making my to do list for today. I need to get Rachel and Joseph a couple of little things and I am done. The sign I ordered for Joe came in so I am in great shape. The month did fly by. Only one day of Christmas cookie binging which is progress for me lol. Hard to believe Christmas is only a week away.

Beth getting DS new tires is a great gift!!!! I have to bring my work car in tomorrow for snow tires (yeah I procrastinated way too long lol)

Pearlrose how is DD2's toe healing. Nice way to spend time with your girls getting your nails done. Where re you going again?

Ruth your friends in Delta seem really special. Glad they look out for you. Did you find the bling for the bling tree and your proper winter boots?

Debbie Kirby is one strong pup!!! Glad to hear his injuries are not too severe. I still cannot believe that happened.

I am not weighing myself today as yesterday I was number 1 on Santa's naughty list. Today I have my food planned and willl get a ride in too. I am going to bring my bike back down stairs as I feel guilty being away from Coconut after I get home from work. He can have his couch time while I ride. Guess I better get motivated, but first a second cup. Anyone ready for a refill?

Have a great day! Don't forget to bundle up!!!!
Old 12-19-2016, 08:21 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Brrr, it's still cold here but we do get up to 20's today. I am wfh and plan on doing some laundry in between conference calls. I did finish cleaning the house yesterday and actually dusted as well. We did nothing yesterday, too cold to venture out.

Jekel sounds like you are doing good, I think Coconut will enjoy your company. We leave Wednesday, happy to be going to warmer weather and it looks like they will be above normal temps for this time of the year.

Beth you definitely have to play it by ear this time of the year.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 12-19-2016 at 08:22 AM.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 08:40 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from iced over Delta, home of two wee dogs who are pottied, fed and now snoozing in front of the stove.

Thanks for starting us up, Jennifer. Yes, I did find the bling tree stuff and it's looking good. I am glad you have today off to regroup after a bad past week.

Rose, I guess you are WFHing again. I.m glad that works well for you. I bet you are looking forward to your time away from this cold.

We're staying well below freezing today but the sun is supposed to show later. I got absolutely nothing done yesterday except for a few Christmas phone calls. Right now - 1st coffee - I'm planning to go down to the church for 2nd coffee, get gas and may drive to town for a few odds and sods. It's too early for a fresh food order so that may change. A better choice would be to come home, wrap the last three gifts and finish decorating. This is the time f year I need a manger - or a review of all my time-management training!

Guess I'd better get dressed first. I'm making a seasonal fashion statement in my red jammies covered with a green corduroy shirt but it just be too much sartorial splendor for the Delta coffee crew!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:19 PM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! (Barely)went to the pool this morn despite cold temps. Got to go to my water yoga class. Now off to a meeting and do some banking. Dentist later. Must run- just wanted to make sure I said hello!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 08:01 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Late check in for me. A busy and COLD day. It was sub-zero this morning so I had to warm up the car well before I left. I must admit I found it a bit hard to be motivated today and the kids certainly aren't! The robotics team after school was the exception; they are making good progress for next month's competition.

I motivate myself to walk for 20 minutes before I came home. It is a 1/2 mile if I do the full loop around the school so I set my timer and got it done.

Jennifer, glad you are feeling so prepared for the holiday! DS and I are planning on going for the tires tomorrow after I get off work.

Pearlrose, I always feel so satisfied when I get the house clean.

Ruth, I can't say it really warmed up today but we did have sunshine this afternoon. I find it interesting how low in the sky it is; the angle of the afternoon sun in my room right now is really dramatic.

Debbie, I feel the same way; just want to say hi even if I don't have much time.

I think it is time for some SF hot chocolate.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:28 AM   #7  

Good morning,

It is still cold this morning 16, but this afternoon it is supposed to get up to 40. That is great if it does, as I need to run and pick up the SUV rental after work and need to run to the mall to pick up an order that came in (it's for DD2 gift). We are leaving tomorrow at 11:30 a.m. DD2 is going to go to school for half a day, all of her tests are being finished today so she shouldn't miss much and most of her academic classes are in the morning except for 1 but she took the test yesterday. Got DD2 packed, I need to pack this evening and then we are good to go.

Ruth did you finish up your wrapping?

Beth I am assuming the loop around the school is inside? I do that at work, our building is set up like a track with corridor that goes all around that is 1/4 of a mile.

Debbie did you make it to your water class? I agree I try to check in it's a mental check in for me.

Old 12-20-2016, 09:12 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Late check-in again. I was up before 7 but have just been puttering around. The gifts are all wrapped but the whole house needs a tidying. I had planned to grocery shop today but Anna is coming this afternoon with gifts for the dogs! Guess I need to find and wrap something small for her.

Watching the weather closely and will be glad to see the end of this cold snap. We are actually going to be above freezing in the daytime this week and the days will be getting longer. Always good to see.

Need to rush off and crank up this day before it disappears.
Old 12-20-2016, 02:00 PM   #9  

Nice to have the internet while waiting for the work car. Hopefully this is the last bitter cold day for all of us for awhile.

Beth how long of a drive is it? Safe travels and have fun!!!

Ruth if you don't have to go out stay home

Beth I am not feeling motivated with this weather either lol

Debbie I read everyone's posts even when I don't have much time to say hi. Does keep me focused.

Lots going on at work, all non criminal either lol. 'Tis the season I guess. I did manage to move the bike back down stairs yesterday. Ran a few errands. Finally visited a small local Irish gift shop in town. Got another little something for Nancy and Jim.

Did have a nice surprise today. DS went to work only to be told his week day off is now Tuesday lol. He stopped by and brought me coffee. Wouldn't take money from me either. lol A Christmas miracle.

Try and find a toasty place to stay warm.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:07 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks, just wanted to say hi. Took DS2 to get his tires tonight and did a bit of shopping. I will confess to buying a few off plan items for the family for Christmas Eve and Day, but steak and seafood alone isn't too bad, it's the things that go with it that trip me up....

Pearlrose, have a safe journey. Yes, the walking loop is inside the building. We have 2 wings of 2 floors each so I make a figure 8 pattern and include some stairs that way.

Jennifer, how sweet of DS!! It's really awesome when that maturity and perspective thing kicks in.

Going to be warmer for the next couple of days. I will take that.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 07:12 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

The shortest day of the year and tonight will be the longest and darkest night. There will be an eclipse of the moon too. However, the daylight will soon be getting longer.

Got very little done around here yesterday due to drop-in visitors. However, I have decided enough is enough regarding decorating and am going to put some of the decor back in the bins for next year. I did dig out all my Christmas CDs and have been playing them while I work. And I did order the veggie tray and my took my Wedgewood bowl to the florist to fill with flowers. I already have three poinsettias which will still be hanging in until Valentine's day when I usually cut them to make a centerpiece.

Today is major party shopping for the Eve and the fridge will be bulging. So will I if I don't stop nibbling.

Gotta jet. Back later.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:22 AM   #12  

Good morning,

We are going to be much warmer today, so happy, I checked the entire route and we should not be hitting any bad weather. DD2 is going in for half a day, she does have a math test so we will pick her up when she is done with that at 11 a.m. and then we are off and on the road. I will try and check in here every so often but for the most part try to cut off electronics while on vacation.

Jekel that was very nice of DS

Ruth I have been nibbling too, I think I will do better on vacation, just trying to maintain that is the refrain I am telling myself to rein it in.

Beth glad you were able to get DS tires put on last night

Debbie hope you relaxing some.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:06 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

Rose, safe travels and I wish for you a wonderful and warm vacation!

Beth, steak and seafood sounds great! We are going to have a simple and healthy meal on Christmas day. Meatloaf, green beans, sweet potatoes and mashed cauliflower. Of course, a salad and pumpkin pie. And I'm looking forward to it.

Jennifer, I am cleaning house today. I would like that crossed off my list. Nice of your son to bring you coffee!

Ruth, it sounds like you are all geared up for party mode! We have not done any decorating this year. With the messy Road project and all the other stuff going on we just might not at all.

I didn't get here yesterday. We traveled early so I could take my mom to a luncheon. She really enjoyed herself and I'm glad we were able to make that happen for her. I did really enjoy my water yoga class on Monday. Now we are back to reality. Reality is The dogs are kind of stuck inside. When it is full light I will go out with them. I did speak to the sheriff yesterday about our lion encounter. He was already aware of it. He said be careful. LOL

I'm going to keep cleaning house until Kirk and I make a trip down to Denver. We will go to a meeting and do a few other chores. I think I am on call tomorrow at work so I'd better deal with things today.

Happy Wednesday everyone!
Old 12-22-2016, 08:12 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Good morning! We had another snowfall last night and it certainly is a winter wonderland out there. I'm glad I put the car in the barn yesterday and also shoveled the steps down to the yard for Jazz who is feeling his age in the cold weather. Did a major grocery shop yesterday and am glad I did because today will not be a good driving day. I stepped on the scale this morning and am NOT glad about that!

Today will definitely be an "at home" day. I will make taco bake, mushroom tarts and sausage rolls. I also have a chicken breast thawed and have to do something with that - maybe a stir fry for dinner with lots of veggies.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:51 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

It's chilly here but I'm sitting at the porch looking at the morning. I'm not letting that my mind scare me away. LOL. The dogs went out for a quick potty and they're back in the house. I work at eight but I've got some things done this morning so I'm happy about that.

Happy Thursday!