South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-17-2016, 08:17 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - December 17 and 18

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** **

That says it all! I can hardly see the house across the street and my sister and BIL are on their way here with my painting they picked up for me in Ottawa. I think coffee with a shot of Bailey's may be on the menu!

I got very little done yesterday except a bit more decorating. I was planning to start party cooking today but need a grocery shop first. There is no way I am venturing out in this which is supposed to change to freezing rain later in the day. We'll have to play it by ear. The car is in the barn and will probably stay there until tomorrow.

Stay safe and warm and don't sweat the small stuff!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 08:52 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We got a drizzling freezing rain yesterday that totally took transportation dept off guard all the roads were frozen and it took people 4 to 5 hours to get home due to all of the accidents. My son took 4 1/2 hours to get home but he made it home safely. So glad I worked from home yesterday, we had tickets to go see the new Star Wars movie but opted to stay put. Made all of the Christmas cookies for the neighbors instead. Of course I sampled and of course the scale is up today So today is back to phase 1 to get rid of the water weight.

Today, we are going to get our toes done (except DD2, I am going to let her get her fingernails done instead) for our trip next week and I need to hit the grocery store and we need to be back home by noonish when the temperatures are dropping below freezing again and everything will turn back into ice.

The east and north of us does not look good this weekend either, Ruth sounds like you need to stay put as well.

Stay warm and safe everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 09:21 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

We have good six inches of white stuff now and no sign of stopping. Joanne has a Christmas party at her house in the Village tonight. It's walking distance but I am not going to chance it if this stuff turns to freezing rain as predicted. (Anybody know where my proper winter boots are hiding? I've been managing with old shoes and Yak-Tracks but the white stuff out there is too deep now.)

Joan and Peter made it here with my painting and are now going back to Ottawa instead of staying at the Farm for the weekend. for a safe trip. They are telling people to stay off the roads but ...
Old 12-17-2016, 01:57 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon, chicks.

Ruth, we also have several inches of new white stuff out there. I think when this load of laundry finishes I will get some fresh air and exercise at the same time: lifting the shovel. There is a chance of freezing rain this evening but we shall see. Too cold out there right now.

We all slept in this morning, then started up the washer. DS2 arrived home with the stereotypical mountain of dirty laundry but I am SOOO glad he chose to drive home yesterday in the good weather rather than try to come home today with clean clothes. I have been working on my Christmas cards; we may actually make progress in our holiday preparations this weekend.

Pearlrose, enjoy the manicures! Glad you didn't have to travel yesterday and DS made it home safely.

Can't believe it is only a week until Christmas! I need to make a master list and see where I am with things.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 03:04 PM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon!

Today was a dud at work so I am home early. It's bitter cold! The cat came back again last night right onto the front porch but alas no one was there. Kirby did end up going to the vet yesterday. He had three punctures on his head and neck And some serious bruising. He's now on anabiotic's and doing fine.
I think we are going to go to Glenwood later today. Kirk has some stuff drying in the shop that has to sit for a couple of hours before he can turn the heat off. We got about 10 inches of snow. I guess I will put my rubber boots back on and go refill the birdfeeders.

Ruth, thanks for getting us started this morning.

Was going to say hello to everyone else but it looks like my husband is ready to go and I'd prefer to hit the roads sooner versus later.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 07:27 AM   #6  

Good morning chicks.
Today DH and I will take DS2's car to get new tires put on. That is his big Christmas gift, no wrapping needed, lol.

Then I must sit down and make a couple of lists, both holiday and non. I feel like I have several pieces of information whirling in my head and I don't want to lose any of them! And today I must put the last few decorations out and stash the empty storage boxes.

Debbie, glad Kirby is doing well. What a scare!

Have a great day all. Can you believe Christmas is in 1 week or am I the only one finding time flying by??
Old 12-18-2016, 08:29 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Well, we have freezing rain but not as bad as expected. Liz insisted on driving to the party last night although it is just a block or two away. (We actually have three blocks in Delta!) When we came out to go home, she had to chip ice off the windshield. I refrained from mentioning we could have walked. I did appreciate her worrying about me walking though.There are power outages all around us so I am feeling really good about my propane generator which keeps the important things in the house running.

Beth, I have just a few things to wrap and then I'm done. I am going to make a beef stew today for a comfort supper. That will make the house smell great on a cold, icy, freezing rain day. That'll make the house smell great by evening too. This mess is supposed to dwindle away overnight and then we get more snow. Vive le Canada! This is how it's supposed to be!

Fa-la-la and all that!
Old 12-18-2016, 08:43 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is a chilly -5 outside right now, I think it will get up to 17 today. Supposed to go have lunch with DS and his GF we shall see how the roads are first. We did go and get a few groceries and got my pedi before headed back home to stay put for the day.

Beth I am sure DS is very grateful for that present

Debbie hope you had a safe drive to Glenwood

Ruth glad you have friends that worry about you

Jekel hope you are staying warm and snuggling with Coconut

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 02:18 PM   #9  

Ok, DS did not get his tires. When I went out to leave there was 1/2" of ice on the car and the roads were a mess. We will try to take care of it tomorrow.

On the other hand, I had time to do some cleaning and some chores around the house.

You just have to be flexible when the weather demands it!