Old 12-13-2016, 11:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Default OMG these boards are dead :(

hello hello? is there anybody out there?

holidays fast approaching, and that didn't scare me enough to start the plan now!

hoping to find some peeps that want to chat about the day to day and exchange ideas, questions.
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 12:51 PM   #2  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
hello hello? is there anybody out there?

holidays fast approaching, and that didn't scare me enough to start the plan now!

hoping to find some peeps that want to chat about the day to day and exchange ideas, questions.
I'm confused...I post pretty much every day unless your thread was a call to everyone. There is typically activity here every day in at least 1 thread. I check these at least twice a day and respond if I have something to contribute.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 06:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/161/140

Height: 5'4"

I agree that this board is rather inactive. Yes, Ro22 you do post, but it's pretty quiet here. That's why I've not been checking in very often. I started IP on 11/1 so the holidays are pretty strong on my mind. I made it through the US Thanksgiving unscathed. Lucky for me we went to my Sister-In-Laws and all of my favorite dishes were absent. (I'm of Italian descent and our holidays generally have lots of pasta!)

That being said, Christmas is right around the corner. I'll be cooking so the temptations will be much greater. I'm pretty certain that I will stay strong and on protocol. I do not want to have to go through the torture of starting again with the cravings!!
Ratherfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 07:02 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratherfly View Post
I agree that this board is rather inactive. Yes, Ro22 you do post, but it's pretty quiet here. That's why I've not been checking in very often. I started IP on 11/1 so the holidays are pretty strong on my mind. I made it through the US Thanksgiving unscathed. Lucky for me we went to my Sister-In-Laws and all of my favorite dishes were absent. (I'm of Italian descent and our holidays generally have lots of pasta!)

That being said, Christmas is right around the corner. I'll be cooking so the temptations will be much greater. I'm pretty certain that I will stay strong and on protocol. I do not want to have to go through the torture of starting again with the cravings!!
hey there! yes that is one of the exact reasons I got back on now BEFORE the holidays to nip the cravings for sweets in the bud. Because, if I indulged and got onto plan AFTER the holidays, its guaranteed there will be more to lose than there is now.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:06 AM   #5  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratherfly View Post

When tempted, I always think about how I will feel the morning after and that is usually enough for me not to go off program. I hate that guilty feeling when you wake up and think why did I do that.
However, If you are feeling deprived and want to partake more in the food festivities, stay low carb and go for higher fat items. I have been doing that - I did that for 5 days through Thanksgiving and last weekend with our annual family Christmas baking party. Then, I go right back on P1 and any uptick comes off pretty quickly (don't knock myself out of ketosis with the low carb approach) and by week's end, I wind up having a net loss or at least no net effect. After so many times of being so restrictive during holidays, I decided to apply a new strategy this year as I feel deprivation is a trigger for me and so far, this new strategy is working really well for me. I have enjoyed myself guilt-free and will wind up with a net loss for the holiday season or at least no added weight through holiday season and will lose last 20 pounds in Jan. It is really quite empowering to have a strategy like this as I feel "normal" and not on the outside looking in at everyone enjoying themselves with holiday traditions.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:13 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
I'm confused...I post pretty much every day unless your thread was a call to everyone. There is typically activity here every day in at least 1 thread. I check these at least twice a day and respond if I have something to contribute.
good morning to you! when I said the boards are dead, its SO TRUE compared to when I started IP in 2010-2011! there was so much activity each day all day, it was hard to keep up with all the posts. But it was great to have the reading to do, and it was all 'current'
Old 12-14-2016, 07:20 AM   #7  

Quote:
When tempted, I always think about how I will feel the morning after and that is usually enough for me not to go off program. I hate that guilty feeling when you wake up and think why did I do that.
However, If you are feeling deprived and want to partake more in the food festivities, stay low carb and go for higher fat items. I have been doing that - I did that for 5 days through Thanksgiving and last weekend with our annual family Christmas baking party. Then, I go right back on P1 and any uptick comes off pretty quickly (don't knock myself out of ketosis with the low carb approach) and by week's end, I wind up having a net loss or at least no net effect. After so many times of being so restrictive during holidays, I decided to apply a new strategy this year as I feel deprivation is a trigger for me and so far, this new strategy is working really well for me. I have enjoyed myself guilt-free and will wind up with a net loss for the holiday season or at least no added weight through holiday season and will lose last 20 pounds in Jan. It is really quite empowering to have a strategy like this as I feel "normal" and not on the outside looking in at everyone enjoying themselves with holiday traditions.
this is amazing! and you are so confident about it. What you say is all so true, because if you do the higher fat/ low carb it does work. I do the same now. Cravings ? GONE
Old 12-14-2016, 07:35 AM   #8  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
good morning to you! when I said the boards are dead, its SO TRUE compared to when I started IP in 2010-2011! there was so much activity each day all day, it was hard to keep up with all the posts. But it was great to have the reading to do, and it was all 'current'
I know what you mean - if I recall correctly, I think I even cautioned you not to get discouraged because these boards are not as active as when you started
Having said that, I find it self-perpetuating too because people complain and don't visit or post then so they contribute to what they are complaining about I have seen it happen repeatedly here - there is an easy fix to that

Even if just a couple of us are routinely interacting, that should be enough of a support system - it doesn't have to be tens of posters.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:38 AM   #9  

some of the random comments though, ( not counting the complaints) are SO interesting! Especially if you are brand new to the protocol! they gave ideas on what to eat/ not to eat, products if you are using them for different recipes etc. I was so so wrapped up in all this new info. Really kept me going
Old 12-14-2016, 07:52 AM   #10  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
this is amazing! and you are so confident about it. What you say is all so true, because if you do the higher fat/ low carb it does work. I do the same now. Cravings ? GONE
I continue to be amazed at the control to get right back to P1 after mini planned splurges. This has been so out of character for me for so long that I really need to stop being amazed and start to think this is my new normal! I find the flavor the fat provides along with its satiety effect, is enough to feel satisfied and not go hog wild and then get right back to my weight loss plan. It is so nice to have this and not feel guilty. And, I also find that planning for this helps vs thinking it was a self control issue. I planned for Thanksgiving and our annual Christmas baking event. I ate ketogenically as part of my plan for each and then went right back to P1 once over.

It is good to hear that someone else has found this to be true and working!
Old 12-14-2016, 08:01 AM   #11  

Quote:

I continue to be amazed at the control to get right back to P1 after mini planned splurges. This has been so out of character for me for so long that I really need to stop being amazed and start to think this is my new normal! I find the flavor the fat provides along with its satiety effect, is enough to feel satisfied and not go hog wild and then get right back to my weight loss plan. It is so nice to have this and not feel guilty. And, I also find that planning for this helps vs thinking it was a self control issue. I planned for Thanksgiving and our annual Christmas baking event. I ate ketogenically as part of my plan for each and then went right back to P1 once over.

It is good to hear that someone else has found this to be true and working!
oh for sure! for example, team xmas lunch this Friday at an ITALIAN restaurant. I looked at the menu online and pre decided this: ice water with lemon and greek cheese salad. ( meal size) that will make me happy, feel full and if during the holidays I want a drink? it will be rum and diet coke.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:10 AM   #12  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
oh for sure! for example, team xmas lunch this Friday at an ITALIAN restaurant. I looked at the menu online and pre decided this: ice water with lemon and greek cheese salad. ( meal size) that will make me happy, feel full and if during the holidays I want a drink? it will be rum and diet coke.
Nice!

I don't drink so I have no planning to do in that regard. I have a huge sweet tooth that has always been my downfall, but I am finally learning to fuel the beast without causing damage.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:18 AM   #13  

Quote:
Nice!

I don't drink so I have no planning to do in that regard. I have a huge sweet tooth that has always been my downfall, but I am finally learning to fuel the beast without causing damage.
exactly!!!!!!! and just a couple days ago there was a PLATE FULL of lemon cake on the center table in our section at work, I WALKED RIGHT BY where in the past I would have DOVE INTO IT
Old 12-14-2016, 09:20 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Yes, these boards were a lifesaver when I was 100% protocol Jan 2015 - Dec 2015 & people were commenting about the slow-down then.

I believe the biggest issue are the IP Facebook pages - there is a ton of information available and you can post and receive instant feedback / praise / etc...

I still check in from time to time, but only M - F when I'm on my laptop.

My biggest issue is with the forum is the format and how unfriendly it is with mobile devices (at least iPhone). There is no app and going through a web browser on my phone is a pain. I'd write a long post, and poof, it would disappear.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:55 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Yes, these boards were a lifesaver when I was 100% protocol Jan 2015 - Dec 2015 & people were commenting about the slow-down then.

I believe the biggest issue are the IP Facebook pages - there is a ton of information available and you can post and receive instant feedback / praise / etc...

I still check in from time to time, but only M - F when I'm on my laptop.

My biggest issue is with the forum is the format and how unfriendly it is with mobile devices (at least iPhone). There is no app and going through a web browser on my phone is a pain. I'd write a long post, and poof, it would disappear.
yes I agree! I don't even try anymore via my phone. I totally forgot the fact that atkins or IP are on facebook LOL. I am sure that is the reason its quiet here. HOWEVER, it will be interesting to see after Jan 1 what happens