South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-10-2016, 08:12 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Two Weeks to Go! Dec 10-11

Good morning, chicks!

Is everyone sleeping in or already busy?
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 08:17 AM   #2  

So it is clear but our coldest morning yet this fall; down to 14*. But the snow seems to be south of us and will apparently stay that way for the next 2 days, which is fine by me.

I already have laundry going so this morning will be clean and decorate. After lunch I will go to a Food, Wine and Craft fair sponsored by the local Chamber of Commerce.

What's up on everyone's agenda? I've got coffee if you need some.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:50 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Already busy. LOL.

Thanks for getting us started, Beth! A craft fair sounds fun! I always like to look but don't buy much anymore. Thanks for the reminder it is still fall. LOL.

I got up around four and started puttering around the house, after a cup of tea, of course. Did I mention I am giving up caffeine for a while.
Anyway, I've done some cooking and cleaning and goofing off, too. I take my mom to breakfast at 7:30 and head to the next village to pick up my new orthotics. I don't know what will happen with the rest of the day. Sometimes my girlfriend wants to go look through the thrift stores. I may do that if she asks.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 12-10-2016 at 08:51 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:35 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Wow, I must have been tired, I slept til 8 a.m. woke up to a bright morning instead of dark like normal DD2 spent the night at a friends house but DH and just decided to stay home instead of going anywhere so caught up on some shows I like. Not sure what is on the agenda today other than cleaning, it is still cold outside but it warmer 28 degrees this morning. I asked yesterday evening and my BFF still has not decided ugh. I am starting to lean towards beach myself lol

Debbie one of the packages I sent to my parents house was either not delivered as stated or someone stole it from their porch. I called Macy's and they sent replacements right away, I was impressed with their customer service and very happy. Enjoy your day

Ruth Have a great day

Beth is the craft fair inside or outdoors? Enjoy

Jekel so glad that Coconut is doing better.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:51 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Saturday morning. I slept a bit late but the dogs finally woke me crying because I forgot to set the propane stove thermostat and they claimed they were cold. I reminded them that they both had fur coats but Millie complained that her fur was thinner than Jazz's. I really must make or buy her a wee coat for these cold mornings.

Not sure what the day will bring but it had better include some decorating and maybe laundry. I have most of my wrapping done but did not get my DD's parcel sent out yesterday because I lost her address somehow when I switched to this laptop. Duh! She was at work until midnight last night and texted me the address when she got home. However, the Post Office won't be open until Monday so ... I guess I'll be paying extra for special rush delivery. Only two more weeks. Yikes!!

Nearly ten and I'm still in jammies! Time to get it in gear. (This new and more relaxed Ruthie is goofing off lately!)
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:51 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The cat woke me up this morning, I ignored him for half hour but then got up and did my yoga and made breakfast. Finally have a decision, talked to my BFF yesterday and we are scrapping the skiing trip this year. Now to just to get consensus from my family on the beach before I book us accomodations. I canceled the hotel reservations in Colorado but for Florida I want to get us a condo and you have to pay up front for those.

Ruth glad you are in a more relaxed state, you are listening to your body. I still do not have any cards sent out, I have a few left from last year but have not bought any this year, so need to start at least sending to those that have sent me one.

My eating has not been good and the scale is up a couple of lbs time to buckle down again.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:33 AM   #7  

Good morning, Pearlrose and chicks to come.

Pearlrose, I also have made several off plan choices lately and the scale gave me a reality check this morning. I am vowing to make better choices for the next few weeks and plan out my indulgences. Glad you got your travel plans firmed up. It sounds like fun.

Debbie, I think I meant "year" when I posted yesterday, although technically it is still fall for a few days. We are slated for sub-zero later this week. Brrr

Jennifer, is today your day off? Hope things are getting better at your house.

Ruth, I got the tree up; it has lights but no ornaments yet. That will be today's project. Oh and maybe hang a wreath on the door!

Off to the grocery store!
Old 12-11-2016, 09:36 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

And the new relaxed Ruthie stayed on her relaxed mode for the whole day. I did get dressed and went out to the store since we were out of dog food. However, two weeks from today will be The Day so I need to make more progress today!

First on the list will be to get dressed and bundle up since we are hitting very cold weather and another dump of snow tomorrow. The car will spend the night in the barn tonight. The roads will be bad so it may just stay in there until they clear. I really do need to get that parcel shipped out. It's heavy and I may need help carrying it to the Post Office.

This morning I must at least get the outside lights sorted out before I call a "tall person" to string them up. They go on hooks on the edge of the front porch roof but I can't reach it without a ladder. I do have the correct extension cord and timer. I am considering putting up the Bling Tree since it's so cheery and sparkly on these dark mornings.

This is not getting much of my list done. I may be back later. Enjoy your day.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:38 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Beth, we were simul-posting. I did get the wreath up and changed to my Christmas sweaters and earrings. Does that count?
Old 12-11-2016, 01:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good afternoon everyone. I was almost here in the morning. I was able to sleep in until 7. Beth we are getting our snow today, but not much. Hope the craft fair was fun. I haven't been to any this year.

Debbie giving up caffeine, I am quite impressed. That's my vice, well and chocolate. I think I could give up caffeine as I don't mind good decaf coffee and most tea I drink is decaf.

Pearlrose what part of Florida are you planning on visiting. I hear Key West is really nice. One of these days I'd like to go there.

Ruth staying in your Jammie's is always a great day in my book. Glad your daughter texted you her address. I still keep an old fashioned address book.

Last night I realized how bad Coconut's breath truly is lol. Today he got a lot of pampering; bath, nails and I actually brushed his teeth. Amazingly he tolerated it. He looks really good at the moment so hopefullly we can make regular grooming part of his new normal. He has been enjoying couch time at night. I bought a small bed to put on the couch for him to snuggle in. My mom made him a quilt which she is sending with her Christmas presents. Yes he is getting spoiled tremendously.

I too have to rein in my eating again. I had two oh woe is me binge nights. On a positive I actually threw away my special pity treat. Tomorrow I will weigh in and get refocused to work out again. This week I gave myself a free pass. Today I found myself outside with two leashes in hand and only one dog Guess I should think about putting a few things away.

Not much on the agenda for today. Just puttering until the snow falls. Luckily tomorrow it is supposed to rain and wash whatever we get away.

Enjoy your day.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 03:46 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

My outside lights are now up and lit so "It's beginning to look a lot like you know what". The Bling Tree will be at least started tomorrow since it looks like I'll be housebound except for a trip to the Post Office.