Weight Loss Support - Christian Encouragers #172

View Full Version : Christian Encouragers #172

sami
08-28-2003, 10:03 PM
If you are looking of Encouragement This is the Place to be. We are a group of Christians who are here for each other to Pray for each other in good times and hard times. Everyone is Welcome to join!

Mitchypoo
08-28-2003, 10:29 PM
Thanks Sami for making a new post! I forgot until I saw you did it! I'm tired and i'm going to hit the hay.....I need my beauty sleep too i guess so I don't look TIRED for my date this weekend ;) !

sami
08-28-2003, 10:43 PM
Hello I am starting to feel the crunch to get things done for the wedding! I have gotten so much done in the last few weeks. I gotten the brides flowers done and they are so pretty I had never done that before but they came out soooooooo beautiful! The bridemaids are done and the boutineer's are done. I just have to do the Moms and Grandmothers flowers and that will go fast. I almost have the party favors done they I did the rose buds (kisses wrapped in colored foil with stem and leaf) and a note tied to them saying thank you for joining us on our speical day) This weekend I am adding pink to the flower girls dresses. and I am taking thier white shoes (they won't wear anymore but they still fit) and adding glitter to them so they sparkle! And I saw and ad for these wine gobblets (wide glasses on a stem) they were only about .66 each so Were going to go there and buy them and use them as center pieces (I have sm candle rings I bought when I found them on sale two for .50 over a year ago and I have pink floating rose candles I bought after Valentines day for 75% off!). The Lord is Blessing me on some good deals!

Angel lover-I am glad to see you back! I suffer from bad fatigue and I just got my MRI back on my knees and they have Arthritis pretty bad in both Knees (I also have it in my hips and back and both arms)The weather really bothers me Like when it rains and cold and damp I can't stand it. I take bextra twice a day and I am having so much pain around my stomach somedays I feel like I can't take a deep breath (do you feel like that?) What do they give you for the pain? I have had to change my whole life ( I had to change my job, can't stand to travel much ) because it causes so much pain and stiffness and I also have IBS and I have taken every drug for it with nothing works and my stomach is getting so bad (feels like something stabbing me and I get sick often) Have you had any of this happen to you?

Amyyy-It is hard to work and take care of a family. And it takes time to adjust. I will keep you in Prayers during your time of adjustment.

Michele-Prayers for your date He sounds promising!

SunnyD57-Your cat Domino looks like my cat Oreo. we really just call him CAT! I loved your Picture. It is fun seeing who your talking to. I am going to put up one after the Wedding.

Sherry-You have been on my mind are you OK?

Gutchie-How are you?

Wima-The house will be quite now that the boys are gone. I am praying that your arm is better.

Ez-I knew in my heart you would take your DN back. You are a Godly man. I know I ask this before are you Wels Luthern? And if you are what is your Pastors Name? Our church a few years ago was doing what was called a come and see service and The Wels didn't like because it was very contemporary and when our Pastor left they sent in a very strict Pastor from CA. To make a long story short we lost a lot of people. It took a long time to heal and that Pastor went back to CA and another one from CA came to our Church. I do miss some of the more up beat music but I love my Church and Church family. My kids go to school there Pre-8th grade also. It is quite costly but the blessing are worth it. How is Your DD feeling?

Got to run. Lots to do. I have missed all of you Pray for me to not stress out before I get everything done LOL!

Angel-lover
08-28-2003, 11:07 PM
oops! I posted again on the other thread....anyway...here's a little more.;)

Sami....I'm sorry about all your pain. Sounds like you're having a pretty rough time of it. Although, some of it sounds like mine, it doesn't sound quite the same. Yours sounds more like Osteoarthritis...which I have in my back & legs & arms, etc, & yes, they flare up pretty badly. The Rheumatoid Arthritis is different...hard to explain. It's a disease. Can spread almost like cancer. In fact, the Methotrexate I take on Monday night is low-dose chemo. Then Remicade treatments are intraveneously done at clinic taking 2-2 1/2 hrs. I go, now, each 6 weeks for that. Very costly ( over $2400 per treatment) I have medicare to take care of it, because I'm on disability. It will cripple & deform the bones. Thank the Lord, it hasn't done that to me yet. It makes me hurt all over, & my feet hurt when walking, etc. The fatigue is what really gets to me, though. The Remicade really helps.

I'm not saying yours isn't serious....just different. I can tell when my Osteoarthritis is bothering me. Yes, I have a lot of pain & stiffness from that. I was in a car accident when I was 34..by the time I was 36, I was on disability. Yes, my life changed, also. I've had all kinds of things tried on me...ended up just taking Lodine 500ER...makes it tolerable. There's just a difference. The stomach problems....I don't have. That is probably your IBS. My twin daughters have that. Sounds like how they do.

Sometimes life can be rough, we just have to be tough, & count on the Lord. He keeps me going. He's kept me here for a purpose...maybe someday I'll know why.

Hello Mitchypoo..hope all is well with you.

Hope all have a good evening.http://www.agifs.hpg.ig.com.br/criancas/criancas4.gif

Amanda Panda
08-29-2003, 12:21 AM
Hey everyone, I'm back. I can't sleep! It's 4.50am here in the UK - I've been in bed for 2 hours and I've given up now. I'm unemployed at the moment so I'm not too worried, although I'm not sure if I'll make my appointment at the gym later!

Sami and Angel lover - I am sorry to hear about your health problems. I admire your strength in coping - especially with pain. I will pray for you both if that is okay with you.

Anyway, because I am bored I'll tell you all a bit more about myself.:yawn: Like I've said I am 30 years old, I have a partner Nigel who is also a Christian. We are planning to get married, but this won't be for a couple of years as 1) I won't get married until I lose weight - I know I won't feel comfortable being the centre of attention if I am fat! 2) we can't afford it.

We are going through a bit of a bad time at the moment - I lost my job in January due to ill health and Nigel has also been off work sick for 9 months with work related stress. It has now got so bad that he is going to resign, so money is really tight.

We are planning to move to the Republic of Ireland as we love it there and as soon as I get a job we will move. I have a couple of applications in but the Irish are notoriously 'laid back' (one reason why I want to live there!) so the whole process is very slow. We are trying to be patient but it is getting difficult what with the financial strains. I am a qualified social worker by the way.:eek: :stress: :stress:

God has been very good to us since I lost my job and I do trust him that things will work out - it's just that we both really want to move and have a fresh start and feel there is nothing left in Sheffield for us except bad memories. We have both emotionally detached from Sheffield and are just waiting for the opportunity to go to Ireland and start again, but it's not happening as quickly as we thought it would.

Sorry to go on:blah: :blah: :blah:

Amanda xx

Angel-lover
08-29-2003, 07:08 AM
http://www.dewa.com/animated/LosAngeles/ani-hello.gifAmanda........I also, got up early...4am. Got a lot on my mind.

Thanks for your kindness...yes, please pray. Also, would like for you to pray that our house will be livable before winter. We had a housefire in Nov. Well, I won't go on & on...but, it's being built back very slowly. We're living in 2 rooms...no inside walls....pretty rough set up. It's ok, though, but want to stay warm this winter! Someday, I'll have a house....& maybe, a life, back!;)

Glad you're telling about yourself. I wish you luck with your future. I know what you mean about the weight issue...but wish you didn't feel that way. Your wedding day is for YOU & NIGEL. Obviously, he's attracted to you the way you are!! That is all that really matters! I went to my husbands' neices' wedding 2 wks ago, & she is quite overweight. I promise....when she came down the aisle...she looked like a fairy princess!! As far as not affording it....My husband & I wouldn't be married 35 yrs, if we had waited to afford it. We still wouldn't be able to get married!:lol: That's your business, though. I'm sure you know what's best for you. Wish you & Nigel a future full of happiness!http://home.att.net/~scorh2/Wedding01a2.gif

Well...getting close to breakfast time for hubby....have a good day!http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/sehrgrosse/large-smiley-054.gif

EZMONEY
08-29-2003, 11:07 AM
HI GALS :wave:

Boy have I been busy the last couple of days with work and the nephew! School shopping, meeting his teacher, getting his supplies--WOW- thought I was finished with that years ago:lol: - I thought all I had to do now was move the kids into their new dorms/condos and hand over the wallet!
It looks hopeful though, he is very excited about going to our church school-- when I asked him if he would like to go there he said yes, I asked why and he said because everyone that goes there does good like all my cousins-- I explained that they also had to DO SOMETHING! He gets it-- he is very smart:yes: - just a little goofy at times:hyper: - OK "HYPER" -- he is a good boy though and that helps a lot-- no smart mouth back to me, he is a wise guy but he is just trying to be funny.

SUNNY Thanks for asking about my family, I have been re-married for 7+ years after being divorced for 7 after an 11 year marraige plus 4 years of living together before that-- it was a divorce I fought against for years- through counseling etc (too much history to share today) anyway she just didn't want to be married-- we get along fine, we continue to share in our children's lives together-- she is at my home several times a month for various reasons, we talk once or twice a week usually too-- it is not uncommon for us to sit together at church if my wife is at a soccer tournament or something with my step-d and my kids are off at work/school-- don't get me wrong, it is not uncommon but also not a practice we try to keep either:lol: My wife and her will do things from time to time together, usually something involving the kids somehow. I fought against it for years but if I would have known how good my life was going to be after the divorce I would have helped her pack her bags:lol: :yes: :cheers: :hat:
My son is Ryan 22, daughter Amanda 20, step-d Lara almost 16 and now my nephew Ron 12-- my wife is Angie and she is 6 years younger than me, I am not allowed to give her age but you do know that I will be 50 in Feb:D -- she is a 6th grade school teacher-- she has almost 200 students this year-- she has been teaching core- social studies, language arts and history-- this year they re-did the programs and she just teaches social studies to 5 classes instead of core to 2. She drinks alot:lol: :lol: :hat: Kidding.
How was the fair-- I went to ours for the first time in 8 years a few months back- enjoyed it-- ours is pretty large, several million attend it over a 3 week period.
Are you a regular blood donor? They hit me up every 2 months because I am 0 negative and also c.i.v. negative (blood that can be given to premies from what they tell me).
I used to lose posts all the time because they were too long-- I haven't in a while though-- gonna post this now though 'cause you got me scared

:yikes:

EZMONEY
08-29-2003, 11:25 AM
MICHELE Beauty sleep? I finally figured out the problem-- you are getting tooooooooo beautiful!!:) Us guys get intimidated real quick sometimes-- gals like you are out of our league:yes: Have a great time!!

SAMI Congratulations on the party favors and flowers! They sound pretty. I hope the weather stays warm for the arthiritis in your knees. My daughter got a new drug for her IBS- not sure what it is, she hasn't taken it yet that I know of- she is supposed to take it when she starts hurting-- will let you know more info when I find out.
We are not WELS- we are Missouri Synod- our Pastor has been with us for about 32 years-- a great guy! He just has a problem with contemporary services- he feels that people put too much emphasis on the FEEL GOOD stuff that they fail to hear the message- he has met us half way on many things-- all we are trying to do is add a little of the UP-BEAT to our service from time to time- not change our traditions-- I think he is worried about that-- he is not a fanatic by any means-- I don't believe I have ever met a man with more common sense and he is a lawyer to boot!

ANGEL-LOVER Glad to see you up and about- sorry for you RA problems. I am still praying for a mild winter and a warm home for you and your husband! How is the station doing?

AMANDAPANDA Sorry you can't sleep- thanks for sharing Nigel, your jobs and Ireland plans with us-- we are here to encourage! And speaking of that GET MOVING!! the gym awaits!

LOOKING FORWARD TO doitforme (how was the vacation?) SHERRY, AMY,DAISE,ZOE and JOANNE to return!!!

Well off to bid a job- IN CHRIST- GaryWILMA- did you find a computer?

SunnyD57
08-29-2003, 12:16 PM
Well :wave:Hello SAMI ~ It is so wonderful to hear from you! Thank you so much for taking the time out of a very busy time to open a new thread for us :)

It sounds like you have everything under control with your daughter's Wedding... you got some great deals there and sound like you are so very talented! It's getting closer! Soon you will not only have your daughter, but a new son to dote on & enjoy in your family.

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed my pics as well. I think it is so neat that you have a cat similar to Domino. I look forward to seeing your pic after your daughter's wedding.

I sure do know what you mean about the IBS! I have a heating pad on my tummy as I write to you (it slows up the spasms)... I made the biggest mistake last night and ate a corn-dog at the fair and now the "dog is biting!:dz:" so to speak! Ouch!!! Today I rest, I feel so drained during these bouts... my heart goes out to you. Soon I will feel better ~ I knew better then to eat anything FRIED!!! What you need to do is find time to get a little bit of quiet-time & rest in there somewhere... the stress makes IBS so much worse. I am tugging on the Lord's robe in prayers for you, Sami!!! I know you will be so busy and still having to cope with the pain and exhaustion all at the same time.

ANGEL ~ Fire???!? What happened? I bet it does feel yucky to live that way... hopefully all will be fixed enough for you both to live comfortably through the winter. My prayers are with you both! How are you feeling today?? I see you are busy with your graphics again... so nice!

AMANDA ~ It was so nice to hear a bit more about you... I love it when people share about themselves. But I must agree with Angel... you don't need $ to get married. Joe & I had a very, very small wedding and it has been 28 years for us. I know that if you and Nigel are committed to one another that God will Bless you in your marriage no matter the $ or your size. You could always have another ceremony for a First or Fifth Anniversary after you have lost some weight if you really wanted to... it would give you a wonderful goal!

I wish you both well, Amanda, and will hold you in prayer for jobs and stability in both your lives. Always... God is with you!

GARY ~ Miss you! Hope that everything is going well for you and yours & you are just busy with the holiday plans. OHHHH... I see you just posted! I will write in answer later, okay, Gonna read what you wrote right now.

MICHELE ~ Have FUN on your date!!!! I will be thinking of you!

AMY, JANEY, CHRISTIAN, HOMEBOUND, DAISE, GEMONSTER, SUE...Sure would love to get to know you all as well. Hope to see you back soon!

As for Joe & I... we had a wonderful time at the Great Geauga County Fair last night! We met some friends there and laughed allot and ate too much (note the IBS attack today---oh the price we pay...). Today will be a quiet day for us ~ you know... like mowing the lawn, maybe playing a game of scrabble after lunch kinda day. Joe has a Wedding to sing for at 4:00 this afternoon, so we really cannot go far.

Do you all have any holiday plans???

mrshummer
08-29-2003, 02:32 PM
Hello EVERYONE!!!!!:wave:

How has everyone been doing? I have been missing you so much. I have been very ill, very busy and got one of those worm things and couldn't post until I got the 'puter fixed yesterday. I think about ya'll on a regular basics. God blessed me with each and everyone one of you. I hope to be able to post some but I probably won't be able to post everyday like before. But I would love to stay in touch with the thread. I will be lurking some and posting as I can. I got an uplift just reading some of the posts just now. It's so good to see new faces and of course, the "old" folks too. :lol:

Sami, you have been on my mind a lot too. I miss hearing from you and look forward to hearing all about the wedding and everything. Hope everything falls into place for you.

I have to leave to go get the kiddos and take them to the pep rally so I will talk with you all later. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!

SunnyD57
08-29-2003, 04:48 PM
http://www.123giggle.com/images/anismilythinking_th.gif Welcome back!

It's me... SunnyD... I began posting on August 22 in CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS #171(10)... hope you had a chance to read some back posts & see my pictures to get to know me a little. I know that you have been mentioned quite a few times --- everyone was looking for you and missing you!!

It will be great getting to know you!

Have a wonderful holiday weekend!!!
God Bless!

EZMONEY
08-29-2003, 06:43 PM
HI LOOOSER'S :lol:

Had a great big easy day today-- just me and the nephew cruising around checking on jobs and shopping. We went to Costco (twice-first one was broke) for a TV for the gym-- just a small tv only, for 80 bones. This, I promised my wife, will help me to get down there and exercise.
Just finished making lasagna, the simple one that I do with just sauce, hamburger and mozzerella. I make a super spinach one- nephew wanted this unhealthy one this time. He will be going with his mom on Sat. and Sunday-- he gets to spend the night, against the lawyer's wishes-- the case worker and I feel that it will be OK-- he would go bonkers if he couldn't. I have told him though that the overnighter's will be rare now, I think he understands-- we shall see. Before it was a situation where we were working towards re-uniting him, his sister and mom- now it is to separate with some visiting allowed.

SHERRY- IS THAT YOU?? YIPEEE!! I hope all is well as it can be-- do what you can to keep us afloat-- Sunny has done an outstanding job taking over- just as you did for Zoe, to keep us going. There is room for all of us.

Check in later, Gary

sami
08-29-2003, 08:44 PM
WoW what a day at work! The timeclock went down on tuesday and dropped out the times to make matters worse we went to bi-weekly pay. So even though it was posted if you are missing time fill out a punch correction of course some of the people didn't so it has been a nightmare today not only did they have to wait two weeks to get paid but the amount was wrong. I am the only person who know how to do a on line pay so they could get paid for there missing time so guess what I did all day? My boss can do it but it takes her a lot longer to do because she has to get out my cheat sheet and read and follow along. So she will be doing it tonight I bet. Most people were very nice about it and thankful I was willing to fix it right away unstead of making them wait two more weeks but this one guy came up and threw his check in my face and started carring on (you can't really understand him because he doesn't speak clear english) I was so mad! Lets just say he won't make that mistake again. I bend over backward all day long to help all the team I go above and beyond what my job is. And I just didn't deserve that!

Angel lover-I think you are right. Mine isn't RA. My Great Grandmother had RA and I remember her hands being all twisted. I am praying that you get alot of your house done before winter. We did a remodel on out last house and we found a lot of damage done so it ended up being a lot bigger job that what we expected. At one point we had 4 kids in one room and we slept in the livingroom than when we got the upstairs floor down we slep on a mattress on the floor for months (we added an up stairs to our two bedroom house we out grew) I remember spending every minute working on that. In the end it turned out beautiful! Then I had another baby and we decided it was time to move (but no fixer uper!)

EZ-I hope your DD does well on her new med. I tryed the new one that is out and it made me worse! So I pray she has better luck. Your Pastor sounds more Wels that Missouri! I have hear some of the Pastors here say the same thing and about the feel good services. My Son at one time wanted to be a Pastor I really think he would make a great Pastor. He has one semester to decide what to! ( at least one class)

SunnyD57-I do the heating pad thing a lot with both IBS and my back don't fall asleep with the heating pad on though because I us to all the time and one night I woke up and it smelled like something burning and it was overheating and burning me and my pillow.

Oops I got to go got a call about wedding stuff.

So great to see you back SHERRY. Will post more later!

SunnyD57
08-30-2003, 09:02 AM
http://users.snowcrest.net/kitty/hpages/hpic/siss.gifGood Morning Everyone!

SAMI ~ WoW! What would that place ever do without you!! I think you do so much more then you need to and they should be very appreciative of that. I do hope it all gets straightened out for you and everyone else real soon! As far as the IBS... I had such a bad day yesterday... even had some fever. I haven't been ill like this in quite a long time, but this time made up for the lull. Yes, I know about heating pads, but I thank-you for the tip. I have this wonderful electric mattress pad that we bought at Costco last winter and whenever I get this sick I just kick the temp up and go lay down on it and in no time my chills begin to leave me and the spasms begin to subside. It is the best thing we ever bought! Instead of an electric blanket we got this... love it. My fever broke last night and this morning, other then feeling wiped out from yesterday, I am feeling much better;)

GARY ~ Joe and I just love going to the Costco Wholesale club... just got a store here last October. I think it is wonderful that you have taken in your nephew, Ryan, and are being the father image "he really needs" especially at his age. You will be a strong influence on him in so many ways. So neat to hear that you two had a good time shopping together!

Also... I just loved hearing about some of your background and getting to know your family. Thank-you so much for taking the time to fill me/us in!

And you are the cook in the family I take it... it is the second or third time (that I can recall) you mentioned that you made dinner. :cool:Cool! My Joe loves to bake breads when I need him too, from scratch... no machines! We put out about 25 loaves of homestyle bread every Christmas & Easter for our friends and neighbors. Joe puts the dough together, does all the kneading and then I do the finish with rolling out & shaping the loaves. So it's something we do together and so much fun... and the smell is awwwwwwesome.:smug:

Thanx so much for the encouragement! I think you ALL are great people and have so enjoyed getting to know you!

May everyone have a day FILLED with the Lord's Blessings... time for me to go make us some breakfast.

http://users.snowcrest.net/kitty/hpages/hpic2/pbbs2.gif

SunnyD57
08-30-2003, 10:18 AM
OH GARY... one more thing in answer to your question about Blood Donation... Joe gives much more often then I do. I can only give when I feel strong enough, because it seems to take allot out of me. Joe has given 5 Gal.+ in donations (over his life-time) and I have given about a 1/4 of that in donations, but I try to when I can. We missed the one on Thursday as we planned (Joe didn't want to stop the job he had started), but we will be going on Monday instead... I should be just fine by then :) Ta!

Mitchypoo
08-30-2003, 10:47 AM
Hello CE'ers!

Gary~Now dear.......who has to make an appointment to go to the Dr's? You are losing your sight and your mind.....too beautiful, ha! And you and I have something in common. I too am 0- blood and they always want mine. I try to give but my veins are not so great anymore and the chicken ones won't even try to find a vein. But i keep trying

Well, he's on his way from Iowa, there's no changing my mind now! He called me at work this a.m. to let me know he was getting a little bit later start. He called me last night but I have been sick and I missed his call. I left work at 3:30 yesterday and ran an errand, came home put on my jammies and went to bed. I woke up around 9:45 but then went back to sleep. I do feel better this a.m. but still feel a little fluey(i know that isn't a word, but you know what I mean) ;) Gosh, i need to calm down and just enjoy this time with him. Think I have to pray about it.

Sherry~Oh, I'm so happy to hear from you and i'm so sorry you were ill. You'll be in my prayers, dear.

Hello to all.......sorry, i'm bad about individual posts.

Have to get working...

Amanda Panda
08-30-2003, 06:24 PM
Hi everyone!

I am not doing so good at the moment. I don't feel like myself - I feel very run down and low and just want to stay in bed all the time.

I've been having all sorts of food cravings (for the first time in 4 weeks) and for the past 2 nights I've had a takeaway pizza. I was in the supermarket today and the pringles and quiche and cheese were all calling out to me, but I didn't get any so it could be worse.

I think I've got a bug or something, I feel quite nauseous all the time and am sooooo tired. I got up today and went into town to go to the gym, but once I got there I just couldn't face it..... no energy, felt sick and dizzy.:faint:

I'm trying not to feel guilty about this 'blip'(guilt is something I really struggle with) and am telling myself it's just because I'm feeling a bit ill. It's just knocked me for six because I was doing so well and feeling really good about myself and I don't really know whats happened to change everything .:?:

I am going to take it easy tomorrow , I've just got 5 books from the library so I'm looking forward to reading them. I've just got to stop putting pressure on myself to be 'perfect' all the time (another problem I'm afraid).:angel:

Sorry to go on

Blessings to you all

Amanda xx

Daise
08-30-2003, 09:33 PM
Whew! Y'all can so write on and on and on :p I like that, but it gets busy!

I hope you are all doing well. I've been remembering everyone in prayer, especially those who have illnesses on top of their weight loss struggles like myself.

Amanda - Welcome! I haven't had a chance to give you a shout from Texas! I will be 30 in Nov, and feel as you do, especially the last month - wanting to stay in bed, read, watch tv, and eat...I don't like when I get depressed like this. I have added you to my prayer list. Oh and I can't wait to talk with you more about England and Ireland (LOVE IT!!! Dream destination to get to someday!)

Well I finaly received my tapes from healthmasters.com by Dr. Ted Broer. I've started reading and listening to the material. Mostly it is eating as God created us to eat - Biblical and Koscher as well. The statistics and research on why mankind is so sick with cancer, ibs and other colon related diseases, and just illness in general - having major connections on what we have been eating for ....well since birth! Very interesting information. I'm excited about starting these changes...been trying to get used to the water though - for me that is the first step. He recommends, and I have ready many times else where to drink half your body weight in water....so 100lbs you'd drink 50 ounces of water a day. I should be drinking like 1 gallon and 1 quart.....my eyes are swimming already with a clear path to the restroom! But I've done it before and I already have my mug that is a quart, it's easier for me to keep track, I know I must drink 5 of those mugs full. It's hard to let go of the cokes though....and sugar, but I know it is what is best for me and I'm tired of being sick.

I pray that you all are encouraged this week by each other and those who celebrate the holiday Monday that you enjoy the time with family and friends.

Love in Christ -

Amanda Panda
08-30-2003, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the kind words Daise, it will be a pleasure to get to know you.

Amanda xx

Mitchypoo
08-30-2003, 11:19 PM
Amanda~I'm sorry you aren't feeling so well right now but I want to tell you that you are not alone. I too sometimes get like that. When I sleep a lot and want to just hibernate in the house, i know i'm not myself. But I would suggest you just be kind to yourself and things will be better. I try to find comfort in the Word too. You can go to any of the online bibles (my favorite is unboundbible.com and then do a search on a word, like comfort, or worry, or whatever and hopefully you'll find what you need there. I usually do. You'll be in my prayers too.

Well, he wasn't exactly a toad, but I don't think Doug is my type, nor me his. We went to shopping, went to dinner and drove around for awhile. We're suppose to go to church tomorrow which will be fine, but i'm rather disappointed. Again.... :) I give up. He's gonna have to just come and knock on my door and find me, i'm tired of this.......

EZMONEY
08-30-2003, 11:20 PM
HI LADIES-

I have a few moments during halftime of the football games I am watching. My favorite college team USC just whipped AUburn so I am pretty happy :cb:

I had a pretty easy day today- had chores planned but only tackled a few of them. I did work out on the elliptycal though for 45 minutes. My daughter came up from school to visit for a couple of hours before she went to work. She is working this holiday week-end at the resort she was at this summer, they have her on call-- if she is free and they need her she works, if she isn't free no problem. Says all the roommates are getting along well except the only one they didn't pick (she took the place of one they did pick but quit school in the summer)- they really like the other girl but she is a slob-- not much fun in a small condo! I am sure they will work it out or beat her up:lol:.

The wife and step-d are out of town til Monday, daughter and son working, and the nephew is with his mom for a couple of days so it is quiet here. Liking it!!

SUNNY I forgot to reply on your childhood- I am so sorry. One thing I have always done is uplift my kids and be there at their events-- I know that isn't always possible in the military. I am in construction so I had a lot of options, I could go in early, work late or week-ends to make up for lost time if needed. My kids played year round sports and I never missed a thing-- I was truly blessed. I won so many Father/Parent of the year awards just for being around-- the kids used to always call me snack-daddy because I brought treats a lot of times-- even still today to their colleges.
I cook often at home-- the regulars know the story-- several years back my son and I were lounging in the living roomwhen the wife came through the door after a very rough day-- anyway we ask "what's for dinner" in the wrong tone of voice:lol: she replied "whatever you are making, in fact from now on you are cooking 1 day a week to help me out!" I started out making things I knew, then started buying cookbooks, then the internet. In fact that is how I ended up here on 3FC-- looking up a recipie- anyhow I began to enjoy it so I was cooking 2 then 3 days a week. Now we each plan 2 or 3 meals a week to cook-- if I get home first then I usually get it going on her days to cook too. We each do the cooking and the laundry-- whoever is here to do it does it. My wife makes healthy stuff- I lean more towards casseroles and crappy food;)

SAMI Sorry about all that trouble at work-- you deserve a big raise and time off!! My daughter has started taking a new drug for her IBS- it is levsin, she said she will let me know how it treats her. How are the wedding plans going over the holiday-- it is coming soon!

MICHELE I hope your world is rockin' right now:love: :love: If he is the right guy for you!!If he isn't you can use this old joke I remember-- know what Iowa stands for? Idiots out there wandering around:lol: was at a comedy club once with a friend and the comediene asked her where she was from, you guessed it Iowa.

PANDA Hey dear don't worry-- you are working towards a lifestlye change! Don't beat yourself up. Just do the best you can when you can-- if you feel a little better then go walk a little until you feel up to the gym again. You don't have to do it all at once- just keep moving forward!! A little at a time-- for every mile you go walk- no matter how slow-- is one mile you didn't sit and snack and feel bad about yourself. Prayers

DAISE Good luck with the new workout tapes and diet-- sounds like a great program-- keep us informed!

Well doitforme, Wilma, Zoe, Sherry, Amy and the rest-- hope all is well...

Out for tonight-- go to church tomorrow--

IN HIS LOVE- Gary

EZMONEY
08-30-2003, 11:24 PM
We post together again Michele my dear one--- so sorry it isn't looking good! but don't give up! I felt the same way, almost did- then I met my wife. God can help us move mountains but we have to bring the shovel-- bring two if you need!! Read that today in either my Guideposts or Decision mag-- like it. Love Ya

SunnyD57
08-31-2003, 08:36 AM
It's just me...

Sending a brief greeting to you all!
I hope that today -A NEW DAY - brings
A New Joy into your lives and opens New Doors...

Go to church and let God bring a
Newness into your thoughts, actions and your lives today...

Be kind to yourself & you will be kind to others.
With Love & God's Blessings!

Amanda Panda
08-31-2003, 05:26 PM
Thank you all so much for your kind words and prayers, I feel a lot better today. I think just sharing how I was feeling helped, as did a good nights sleep.

GARY - you are right, this is a long term lifestyle change for me. My problem is that I put a lot of pressure on myself and then beat myself up when I'm not perfect. That can lead to depression, but I think I've nipped it in the bud this time, which is good!

Michele - thank you so much for your kind words. Sorry your date didn't turn out to be 'the one' - I am praying that God brings your life partner to you soon.

Daise - thank you for being so kind, I look forward to getting to know you better.

Sunny D - you are a star!

I'm back on programme today and might go to the gym tomorrow, I'll see how I am doing.

Thank you all so much, you have all helped me to feel alot better.

God bless you guys!

Amanda xx:flow2: :flow1: :flow2: :flow1:

EZMONEY
08-31-2003, 09:39 PM
HI EVERYONE :wave:

Well I made up for my easy day yesterday today. I had to re-organize my garage-- I can sometimes get a big pile of materials for my jobs looking pretty messy in the garage. I have so many things that I need from time to time but not every day-- I try to keep them in their place, however, when I am jamming home- emptying out truck and taking off to another job, tennis, etc--- well, you get the idea! So today was the day to clean-up. I also decided to open up a wall in my garage- I now have an opening that goes under one of the floors of my house-- this gives me a 7' by 4' area to store stuff (my son's crates of collectible sports stuff!) the only problem is that it is only 4' high-- a nice crawl space nonetheless. Tomorrow I will hang the drywall on it. I had to remove a bunch of shelving to get to it that I need to fix too. That is why they call it Labor Day right?:lol:

Just finished making cheese enchiladas for dinner for my son and I- Not sure if my daughter will make it for dinner or if it will be with that "BOYFRIEND" again-- just don't get it- she can see him at school right? is it my fault he only lives a mile from me and came up to see his family too? Does he have to have dinner with MY DAUGHTER? can't he eat with HIS family?:lol: :lol:

MICHELE- Hope today went better for you! At least I hope it was comfortable-- that was a long trip for him, must be dissapointing for him too. Prayers.

SUNNYD Thanks for the greeting today-- I didn't go to church though- 40 lashes with a wet noodle deserved!! I had no excuse- got up in plenty of time and planned on it, just decided at the last minute that it would be that much later before I started on my room--- felt a little guilty all day:(

AMANDA That's the attitude!! Every day is a new chance to start over! You are well on your way to a better life!!

WILMA- hope the vacation is going great!-- SAMI- how are those kids? helping you with wedding projects? Sherry- hope all is well, doitformeSue- campin', campin'! Zoe--HELLO!!! DAISE, AMY,JOANNE and anyone this old man forgot- hope to hear from you soon!! :write:

Well have to put the enchiladas in the oven-

IN CHRIST-Gary

sami
08-31-2003, 11:28 PM
Hello I pray things are going well today. I have to make this fast because I need to go to bed I have to work on LABOR day and we know I have Labored a lot. LOL!
My kids all had friends over for dinner so it was a big event. And two of the girls have friends spending the night. I got more wedding things done today. I am taking the four days before the wedding off and it will be nice because the kids will be in school.

EZ-Today the sermon at church really hit home. It talked about how our live are not going to be easy when we choose to follow God. What it came down to was when we are doing Gods will it doesn't mean are lives become GREAT! We still have tough times to keep us close to God. I thought of you. If you only did what you wanted and not what you felt God wanted you may not of taken you nephew. But God will bless you for doing his will.

Amanda-I pray you are feeling better. There is something going around but it does seem to pass quick. I pray that you are able to move and make a fresh start.

Daise-I hope the tapes help. What does it say about the IBS? How is your boyfriends Mother?

SunnyD-When I have a tough IBS it seems to take a couple days to feel better. I just eat very light and drink a lot water (and coke diet of course) I hope that you are better today.

Mitchypoo-I was really praying that this would be it. I know the right one is out there. And in God's time you will meet him. I tell my son just do what you like doing and if you meet someone you will have something in common already! (Of course if all he is going to do is watch tv he will never meet anyone! LOL)

Sherry- How is things going is your swelling down? You take care of yourself!

I want to ask for prayer for a friend of mine from church he has just found out he has cancer. He will go through some surgery wensday. And I just found out my step father in law has cancer. Pray that the Lord will heal them if it is his will.

In his name.

Mitchypoo
09-01-2003, 01:04 AM
Hello CEers,

Well, I gave it a go, but today got ONLY worse! :mad: First he calls me 15 minutes before he was suppose to be at my house to tell me he was still at the hotel for some lame reason, so we decide to meet at church, so we do and we go in, sit down, start the P&W music, he excuses himself and tells me he'll be right back (I assume to go to the restroom) and then he never returns......:s: For the whole service I sat there alone. And then I meet up with him and i ask what happened and he says he didn't want to interrupt the sermon... :?: I was just flabbergasted! He doesn't like women pastors, and guess who was pastoring? But he didn't know that until he came back from the restroom, so I'm not sure if that was it. I told him I thought it was very rude. He never apologized or seemed to get it. I just said, Look, I'm sorry but this is not working out and the fact that you don't think what you did is rude, says a lot. So we parted ways. I went to the State Fair with a friend and had a great time........I won't even tell you what all I had to eat! It was very naughty!

I've decided Mr.Right is gonna HAVE to knock on my door, cuz I'm tired of this....

It's late, i'll catch up with you all individually later.

Amanda Panda
09-01-2003, 09:59 AM
Hello C.E's

Still feeling on top of things today, although I'm still debating whether to go to the gym - if not, I'll go on my exercise bike.

Michele - I am sorry your 'date' went from bad to worse..... it sounds like very odd behaviour and very disrespectful. God obviously didn't waste any time in showing you that he is not the right man for you. When I met Nigel, it didn't work out at first but God kept us together and we stayed very close friends for the next 3 years - during that friendship we grew to love and respect eachother so much that we gradually fell in love with eachother and we are now a very happy and solid couple. I certainly wasn't expecting that to happen, but I am so glad it did!. I suppose what I am saying is God moves in mysterious ways and you never know what is around the corner in Gods plan for you.

Have a lovely day everyone

Amanda xx

eisenj
09-01-2003, 10:44 AM
Hi I'm 46 and need some support. I need to lose about 100lbs. I am a Christian wife and mother of two teens. We live in SC. I just found out I have sleep apnea which is partly do to my weight. I have been on all kinds of weight programs. This time around I'm developing my own program. Something I can live with for a life time. With Gods help and your love I know I can do it.

EZMONEY
09-01-2003, 11:40 AM
HI LADIES

Well before I get to laboring I thought I would check in with everyone. I see we have a new one-- cool-WELCOME! EISENJ
The nephew made it back safe and sound and ON TIME!! for a change, that is a good start for his mom but I doubt that will last. It may get better though as this time I am the one that sets the rules- not the social services or his mom.
My DD made it for dinner:spin: :yes: -- I knew she would pass on a date with her boyfriend for some of my :cheese: enchiladas:lol: - he was probably busy-- I didn't ask, didn't care:lol: The nphew, son, daughter and myself all played scrabble after dinner-- sure wish I could compete;)

MICHELE Sorry this one wasn't the one:( or at least it isn't looking like it-- don't give up-- but if you want them to start knocking on your door-- make sure you give them the address and a map:yes: Glad you turned the day into a good one anyway-- forget about the fair food-- it doesn't count since it only comes once a year:lol:

SAMI Nice sermon at your church! Wow- all those kids for dinner, must have been way cool! I am so glad you are getting some days off before the wedding to finish the details- have you decided on the dress (color) yet? I am sure either of the 3 will be fine! Prayers for your church friend and s-fil.

AMANDA I hope you feel better as the day goes on-- that is a great idea to work on the bike if the gym is out of the question for the day.

EISENJ Another welcome-- you are at the right place for support. A lifestyle change is the right idea-- how old are the teens? My friend has sleep apnea- he found out while they were doing a test on his mil at his house-- he went to sleep while they were testing her and the expert noticed-- funny thing the mil didn't have it! Ever since he has been on the machine to help him breath he has slept much better and feels alot better too.

Well off to the garage for the rest of the day--

IN HIS CARE- Gary

Christian
09-01-2003, 11:43 AM
Welcome judy ;)
You will find all the love and prayers you need here, this group of people really do care about each other and I am sure you will reach any goal you set :D

mrshummer
09-01-2003, 05:00 PM
Hello CEers!!!!

Thanks for the welcome back. The thread really seems to be hopping these days, which is a good thing. :yes: I've had a busy weekend with the family and have worked some today and have to go back out in a few minutes. I am having a terrible time with my swelling!!! Our heat here in the south has been awful this year!!!! We were over 100 degrees for days and days!!! But I'm finally resting more and I've had to s-l-o-w way down.

Sami~ I will pray for your FIL and friend at church. Cancer is rough on everyone involved. Refresh my memory . . . . when is the wedding? I had a senior moment and couldn't remember. Those at your work ought to be thanking you majorly. I've been in that type case and never got paid before the next scheduled check. ;)

Michele~ Sorry to hear your guy didn't work out. I think you made the right call in telling him it wasn't working out. We had a sermon yesterday about answers to prayers . . . . either yes, no or wait. Go back and read about Abram and Sarai. Abram was told he would have a son and had to wait another 25years!!!!! I'm not saying you might have to wait that long but just know that God has someone special out there just for you and someday you will meet. Patience my dear friend. Hang in there!!!

Gary~ It's good to be back. Thanks Sunny for keeping things afloat. Sounds like you are still the great cook. Chicken enchiladas sounds yummy!!! Hey, grandpa, what's for supper tonight? :lol:

Judy~ WELCOME!!!! This is a great bunch of folks. I hope you really enjoy it here. I know you are very busy with having two teenagers! I have two daughters, 16 and 6 and stay very busy too. I've been married for 17 1/2 years to a great guy. God will help you as much as YOU let him in your weight loss journey. Good luck!!! :D

Amanda~ Hope this finds you feeling much better and back to your old self. Sorry to hear that things haven't been going your way as of late, but keep the faith and things will definitely turn around. Wow!!! I've heard good things about Ireland!! I would love just to visit there much less live there. Ha! Reckon, I'll be here in Texas from now on. :flow1:

Sunny~ Thank you so very much for the welcome back and keeping the thread going. I'm so happy to be back. It's one thing to be too busy but a whole different thing to have the computer down and not be able to get back. :dizzy: You are so upbeat and have great graphics. Just reading your posts has made me feel better and smile. God bless you my new friend!!!!

Daise~ Hello, fellow Texan!!!! Good luck with your tapes!!! Let us know how you do!

Angel-lover~ So sorry to hear about your house fire in November. I have been through that and it's definitely not a fun thing to go through. I was in 8th grade and I hated every part of my life. The fire didn't "burn" my clothes but they all smelled of smoke and while wearing them sometimes the threads would just fall apart from the intense heat of the fire. Nothin like having a sleeve just fall off in the middle of class!!!! :no: God bless you my friend!!! My prayers are with you!

Hello to Joanne, Zoe, Sue, Wilma, Amy, EVERYONE!!!!!! Look forward to hearing from you all!!!!! Have a good week!!!!
:flow2: :cb: :balloons:

mrshummer
09-01-2003, 05:03 PM
Hello Christian!!!

Sorry somehow I missed your post!!! Glad to meet you and look forward to getting to know you too. TOPS is a great place!!! Have a good week!!!

Angel-lover
09-01-2003, 07:04 PM
Hi everybody....haven't got a lot of time. I'll be back when I can post more.

I have a very special prayer request.....my son-in-law is in Iraq. His dad got an email from him this morning....the truck he & another soldier were in got blown up....they were both thrown several feet....not hurt bad...but hurt. He says it is worse than terrible over there! Told a lot a don't have time to go into, now. He had two buddies to get killed last week. Please pray for Chris & all the soldiers. My daughter has been a basket case since he's been gone...& getting worse. They have a little girl & a little boy.

Hope are well...I'll check in later. http://members.aol.com/sunbeliefs/scp1ani.gif

Daise
09-01-2003, 07:28 PM
Hey everyone! I do hope everyone else is enjoying their Monday.

Sami- I know you had to work, hope it wasn't too busy or crazy!

The new tapes address many health issues, mostly how we eat and have been eating for a long time are increasing cancer and also unhealthy colons - thus creation of colon problems not just colon cancer, but IBS, etc. It is very interesting stuff, I've learned a lot, and I've just started. It is cassette tapes, and then I have the cookbook too. Very interesting info...never really thought about almost everything we eat now adays...aside from the fast food addictions...but unless we are buying fresh fruits and veggies and meats.....we eat food that is mucked up by man...canned veggies, fruits, processed meats...etc. Scary to think that the reason I feel like crap half the time...is due to how I've been eating for almost 30 years....since birth! Dr. Ted Broer has some very fascinating concepts...that are nothing new, only the studies and realizations are new....God gave us the how to eat and how to care for this holy vessel we call a body....but, I have gone and mucked mine up.... badly...and I feel guilty about it. This is supposed to be a dwelling house for the Lord....and I'm embaressed by the looks of my house. Ya know?

Also my DB mom is doing well. She gets to go home from the hospitol within the next week. She is a former nurse so she's not being a very good patient. The doctors ended up having to cut through her sturnum (sp) to get to her kidneys as well as do the exploritory - so she is probably feeling worse than just having skin cut open and she is expecting to heal and be back to normal like that. She is stubborn, but I've had to tell Mario (DB) that she basically had a surgery like open heart...she's not getting over a cold....it took my dad several weeks before he was out of the hospital and then still a year later was not to lift anything over his head, or more than 10 to 20lbs....after his 5 bi-pass surgery...I told him to tell his mom to calm down, relax and let her body heal - she does not have a train to catch! The Lord has answered everyone's prayers by the cancer not spreading and that the doctors were able to remove it....tell her to rest in the hope that the Lord's not through with her yet!

Mrshummer - Howdy fellow Texan! Where has Zoe gone? she actually is more like a neighbor! I'm in South Forth Worth - See me Wave?

Amanda - I hope you are feeling better. I've kinda been in the dumps myself....not sure what's eating me...but I do know what I've been eating (even after starting to listen to these tapes)! I do hope your job searches are going well, and I will continue to keep that in prayers.

Christian and Judy - Welcome to the group! We look forward to making a new friends!

Michele - Hey girl! Mr. Forever's out there somewhere, but it's hard trying to figure out and listen to the Lord to know where to go...still struggling with this in my own relationship with Mario and we've been dating for 2 years....and I'm at the point where I want to know if he's wants to share a life with me and follow the Lord, or if he's just content in what he's doing now and floating along....I'll be 30 in Nov and I long to have kids....I don't want to wait till I'm 40 and it's hard to wait..for answers to questioning prayers...lots of things in our relationship I struggle with and well...this post is already a book - huh? Chin up though (HUG) wish we lived closer...we could hang out and eat some...hmm something healthy but really good! drink a cup of hot cocoa :)

Angel-lover - my prayers are with you and your family.

Gary - Hope you are having a great day - and busy with your full household! Sorry I missed out on the enchiladas! :smug: Sound good, love to cook myself...(dream would be to have a small town cafe or bed and breakfast/boarding house maybe...ah to dream).

eisenj
09-02-2003, 07:13 AM
Hi friends
How in the world does everyone get these really cute icons under the names?
We had a rough weekend with our daughter Laura (15). Her boyfriend broke up with here. she spent the whole Laber Day weekend crying. This was the first guy she cared deeply for. She is not looking forward to going to high school and seeing him. Pray that her day goes smoothly.
Our son Matt (13) is still in the middle school. He is in the academic team at school. He also plays the trombone.
We also have a stupid pet named Baby she is a black coker spanial. She is cute but stupid.

My goal is to loss 5 lbs in two weeks and 10lbs in a month. I would like to have lost 30lbs by Christmas. I want to be 206 by Christmas day. I can't wait to be under 200lbs.
-no carbs for two meals, preferably breakfast and lunch
-drink water at all meals
-Fruit at 3am
-no chips, baked potatoes or fries
-no seconds
-weigh self every day and average the whole week
-vitamin once a day
-no fast food
-no snacking
-keep busy 1:00-5:00 my difficult times
-exercise twice a day
-use a lunch plate
-every 10lbs I will treat my self to a gift
-pray in the morning do bible study at night

Love to all my new friends Christan,Michypoo,Amanda panda, Daise,EZ money, SunnyD57,Sami, Angel-lover and Mrshummer

mrshummer
09-02-2003, 07:59 AM
Good Morning CEers!!!!:wave:

Just wanted to wish everyone a GREAT Tuesday morning!!!! :sunny:

Try starting out your day with a few minutes with God and ask HIM to guide your day. :angel: Ask HIM to guide your eating, your thoughts, the words that you say, the things that you do, and the way you act. We all know as Christians that others are watching us to see how we act and react. So, tell the old :devil: to get lost and let God have the glory today. :smug:

You all are in my prayers and thoughts. Have a GREAT day!!!!!:sunny: :goodvibes: :flow1: :angel:

SunnyD57
09-02-2003, 08:38 AM
Well Good Morning everyone!http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/em/050103/050103jpred_prv.gif

I am gone a day and a half and I feel as if I had to read chapters to catch up :dizzy: But I must say... it is absolutely wonderful to see such love, and support for one another!! When fed and watered you get such beautiful blooms! Just Beautiful to see!! :)

Joe wanted me to spend time with him over the holiday weekend, so I just was not able to spend any time on the cp... missed you all, but I would miss Joe more if he were to leave me because I couldn't give him my time or if he felt neglected... ya know what I mean ;) I don't really think he would leave --- I am just being dramatic. But he does ask me not to go on the cp and when he does... I don't ;) He works so very much during the week-days and I see him so little of the time - it's the least I could do is BE with him when he is home on the weekends and holidays.

We had a great day yesterday... well, after we came home, had a bite to eat and napped for an hour. We both waited 2 hours to give blood yesterday --- lots of donators --- nice to see, but a long wait when you haven't eaten since 7:30 that morning! We went to church first @ 8:30 to lift-up in prayer all those "out-of-work" & for my lovely new friends http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/em/042302/042302_1396_1049_prv.gif(you all). So many need work and cannot find a job, we are so Blessed if we are in a secure job (well, as secure as it can be in these times!)... we didn't get home till 12:30! After our nap... we enjoyed an afternoon at Lowe's, yes~LOWE'S :). It was very rainy and so it was a great day to go and look at dream make-overs for our home one day. To see what's new for kitchens and such and dream :smug:; then we went to "The Red Robin Restaurant" for dinner... yummy! We were just having our meal (never giving it a second thought that it took time for it to get to us) and the manager came over and told us that because we had to wait so long for our meals - dinner was on him! Can you believe it! That has never happened to us before... so cool!:cool::lol: A perfect ending to a very nice day!

Well, that was my day yesterday...

A very warm http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/em/062802/011203mht_prv.gifWELCOME BACK to Christian and a warm "WELCOME" to Judy! (((Hugs for you both)))

I will post again soon to reply to everyone, okay.

SunnyD57
09-02-2003, 09:37 AM
Here I am again http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/em/062802/011203mht_prv.gif

I really wanted to reply to everyone, so much to say...
I will begin with the last post, if that's okay.

SHERRY~ Thank~you so much for your beautiful, encouraging words to begin the day with! Wonderful to see you back! I see what I have missed, but get to be a part of now :) God Bless your day as well!!

JUDY~ Again, A warm welcome! In answer to the smiles --- for your posts - go to POSTS REPLY and write your posts to us there and just to your left you will see a box with smiles and under it says more smiles. Just click on the smile you would like to add to your post as you write. And to add it to your signature, just go to the very TOP on the forum page (where you read our posts) and look for user cp click on it. It will take you to your edit pages; then go to edit profiles. Once you are there look to your left where your signature goes and you will see the smiles options again. As far as a picture goes to add below your username at the left --- go to your edit options and go straight to the bottom of the page. You will see the word AVATAR. Click on change Avatar and there you will be able to select a picture for under your username. I sure hope I was of some help to you and didn't confuse the heck out of you. ;)

As far as your program... it sounds wonderful, but just try not to be too strict in the beginning, even babies drink milk before they go to the meat... if you move too fast (as I have found to be myself) at first it all goes well, but then... you hit a wall of disappointment if the weight doesn't come off fast enough. Make sure to allow yourself time for all the changes you & your body will be going through --- slow and easy! "A moment at a time". And when you feel that discouragement, or sadness or overwhelmed feeling - first go to God in prayer & then in scriptures... the :devil: does not want you to be a strong person for the Lord, so he will constantly throw stones into your path to trip you up; then come here! This is where the community of believers will lift you up to give you the strength you need to keep going on. You will do great!!! You'll see! And it is such an awesome feeling to reach that goal! I have been there, done that, and am looking to do it again too. I have a good 50lbs I would like to lose again. I say again because years ago I went from 230lbs to 135 lbs through exercise and just watching my diet. Then in 1991/92 --- I went through some really hard times and slowly began to fall into my comfort zone of trying to heal & feel better with the comfort of food! Slowly (like the :devil: ) it crept up on me before I knew it and now I am at 207.5. BUT... ... I was at 216 & now at 207.5! So I am on my journey to a better me again. We all can do it --- together --- there is strength in numbers!

Prayers for your sweet daughter, Laura... I remember those days! :cry:

May the Lord Bless you and give you the Strength, Comfort & Joy you need to continue :)

http://www.countrycolors.nu/graphics/healthy/weights.gif

SunnyD57
09-02-2003, 10:57 AM
http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/img/060103/060103LOVE018_prv.gif

DAISE ~ Those tapes you have sound very much like my book! :) It is from a bible study series titled, "Surrender: Giving Christ First Place". It came with a CD to help put scripture to memory. I just got it not too long ago, but with all the happenings haven't had the time to read it. So when I do read it, I will let you know all about it. I am excited to begin it! I have heard (on Christian radio) & read allot lately about going back to the bible for living a longer, healthier life! Sounds like you are on the right path! :) I will hold you in my prayers! Keep us informed on your progress.

Also... I will keep your DBM in my prayers for a full recovery. I had exploratory surgery many years ago (in my 20's - I am now 46) and remember the pain (!) & that it took me 7 / 8 months for a full recovery! You are so correct... she needs time and rest! She may feel better sooner, but she will need time. Pampering always helps :) It is so nice to hear that she is cancer free!!

ANGEL-LOVER ~ http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/img/Angels/Angels_blinking_angel_prv.gif I sure do hope you had a great time with your family this weekend and that it didn't tired you too much.

I so miss being with my family during the holidays!!! They live in Maine & I am here in Ohio... we try to go visit once a year, but couldn't this year, so I am really longing to see them all again (thank goodness for e-mails!). I am the oldest of four (two girls / two boys) and my other sister & her two girls live right across the street form my parents & my younger brother with his three boys live on the same land as my parents. I have another brother in Ca., but he is not well (Prayers please...) he is addicted to drugs & has been for many years. So terrible - I love him so much! We are only 14 months apart and were always so close, but when he went to LA... he changed. Anyway, I am very close to all of my family and so miss them. Especially at Christmas & Easter!! Joe's family is here and they try to fill that void, but it just isn't quite the same as your own, if you know what I mean.

Also, I do hope your home is coming along in the rebuilding! You are in my continued prayers!

GARY ~ Thanks so much for your kind words... I am okay now, really. I just adore my family now. I look at it this way... I wouldn't be the 'me' I am today if it wasn't for all the trials I have had to go through. All that fire turns you into a precious stone ;) I think that you are a wonderful parent and do wish I had that when I was younger and really needed that encouragement, but children are resilient & always find another path to take to survive... God is so good. I have met some wonderful, caring people on that path since childhood. You keep up the super job of being there for your family and extended family (little Ron)! And cooking those great meals! :hun: Yummy!!! My Joe will bring home dinner once or twice a month, but I usually cook because I do not work. Your wife is blessed to have you share in the duties. Joe does what he can... ... let me put it this way, I have NEVER had to call a repair man! ;)

Speaking of my Joe... when we went to the Lowe's... we got him a new Bar-B-Q grill (RRRR - Tim Allen :lol: )!!! I will post a picture later, okay. He saved his money from his 50th party just for the sales and it paid off. He got the grill that he wanted. Let me put it this way... he's one happy camper!!! :lol:

to be continued... :)

SunnyD57
09-02-2003, 11:55 AM
http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/em/050103/060103panda_prv.gifDEAR AMANDA ~ Thank-you so very much for the sweet PM reply! I am so glad to see that you are feeling so much better then you were. My heart is happy :lol: for you! Know that you will have bad days again, but you will get through them also --- it is all in how you choose to react to them that makes the difference this time in comparison to your past. You did well and will do well again!! Keep up the great work! You are like the coal that is found with the potential of being the brightest diamond! http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/em/042002/042002_1076_258_prv.gif We all are! In order for it to become that way... it must first go through the fire... One day you too will be that sparkling diamond you long to be ~ you'll see.
We already do!! Many Blessings!!!!

WILMA ~ How was your vacation?!? Miss you!

MICHELE ~ I am so very sorry to hear that your date with Doug did not turn out as you hoped it would. Sometimes we just get in the way of what God has planned for us... your partner is out there & God has HIS plans for you. Don't let it get you down... you are a precious child of God (He does not make junk!) and there is someone out there for you.

How are you feeling??? Don't let this get you down, okay. I'm Thinking of you ~ you are in my continued prayers. http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/em/033102/033102heart_1_prv.gif

SAMI ~ I was re-reading some of your posts and found myself chuckling again at the fact that, with the exception of your son, you named all your children with their names ending in "i"... so cute! And very clever!

I am feeling so much better today - thanx so much for all you help. I did call and speak to my Dr. and he feels that I not only had an IBS attack, but that I had a Diverticulitis attack (!) because I had a fever as well & it was mostly located in my lower left side... dummy me ate some corn-on-the-cob!!!! A big "no-no" for me! My gut is not a healthy one! The attack happened exactly three days after I had the corn (the time needed to become infected). Oh well, I am fine now! And will feel even better tomorrow!

Sounds like you had a happy household over the weekend!!! It will be so good for you to take off those 4 days before the wedding... you will have enough to cope with! But then after it is all finished there's the reception!!! So much fun! Hope you share a picture or two when you get a moment after the wedding - sure would love to see the beautiful bride & her mom :)

Please know that I will hold your friend in special prayer, Sami... would you mind sharing his first name? How very sad. And your DSFI as well, my goodness gracious! Both myself & my hubby will lift your precious ones up to Him in prayer. And you as well! In that you will stay well for your DD wedding day on Sept 20th. Blessings!!!

"Hello's" to Homebound & Amy!! Janey & Zoe too - hoping to get to know you one day too.
I sure hope that I have not forgotten anyone, but if I have please forgive my oversight!

Have a wonderful Day!!!!!

Mitchypoo
09-02-2003, 12:08 PM
Hello all,

I'm home from work today, i didn't sleep well last night and i've been feeling icky and i just couldn't make it in this a.m. I'm trying to not let this thing w/men bother me, but i do feel defeated. I want to thank all of you for your kind words of encouragement. Truly, you have been so sweet and I'm thankful for you all! You've all said some very good things to remember.....and I'll be ok, but I think I have let it get to me a bit.

So I'm checkin mail, but i need to get things done today. Be productive and I'm going to start the day w/prayer and then get busy.

So happy to see you posting Sherry! :) :hug:l Happy that all of you are so darn sweet!

SunnyD57
09-02-2003, 12:24 PM
Gary ~ Joe couldn't wait to put it together!

SunnyD57
09-02-2003, 12:34 PM
MICHELE ~ Awwe... I wish I could take the hurt away from you sweetie.http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/em/033102/033102shamed_1_prv.gif

Feel like yourself again real soon! http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/em/Smiles/Smiles_Button_teal2_prv.gif

(((HUGS)))

SunnyD57
09-02-2003, 12:38 PM
This is so cute of Joe & one of my cats, Zeppe... had to share, hope you don't mind?

SunnyD57
09-02-2003, 07:15 PM
Gary... did you get all the work done in your garage??? Sounded like it was quite a project!

Amanda Panda
09-02-2003, 08:55 PM
Hello Friends!

Gosh this has been a very busy forum recently, which is great.

A special hello to Christian, Judy and Mrs Hummer - I look forward to getting to know you all.:grouphug:

I am back to my old self now, I was probably just having a bad day or two, but with my history of depression I often get worried if I feel low for more than one day. I haven't had a serious bout of depression for about 6 months, since I went on a rather excellent healing retreat and God did some deep work in me. The real test will be when I get a job, but I know God wants me to work and will find the right job for me where I will be supported and valued.

I went to the gym again yesterday - and I don't ache too much today which is good.

MICHELE:- I know exactly how you feel. I have been there for many years - and I know exactly what you mean about wanting to have children soon. I will continue to pray for you.

ANGEL-LOVER:- I am so sorry to hear about your son in law in Iraq, I am glad that he is not more seriously injured. It's terrible what is going on now - more lives are being lost now that the war is officially over. I think the Governments need to do more to help to restore law and order. It seems to me that they have just deserted the soldiers and the Iraqi people who are starving and have no amenities. I find it all so distressing. Anyway, I will get off my:soap: . Your son in law will definately be in my prayers.

SUNNY D:- Sorry to hear that you have been ill and I pray that you are feeling better - whatever you had sound nasty! I liked your pictures, both cat and hubby look cute! I'm glad you had a great labor day and enjoyed spending quality time with Joe - thats very important!. I bought lots of card and bits and bobs today to begin my new hobby of card making - I'm really excited about it. I also bought a little Quilling set - do you do that ? What is this Hallmark thing you mentioned? I know Hallmark is a card manufacturer, but what is it you get from them - I'm intrigued!

GARY:- Bless you for taking such good care of your nephew - I know from experience (as a social worker) that you are doing a great thing which will make such a difference to that little boys life. He will benefit so much from having a strong male role model and a secure home. I know God is so proud of you for stepping up to take this challenge.

SAMI:- I will pray for your father in law and friend. Cancer is so horrible, there can't be anyone who hasn't been affected by it these days. I will pray for you and your husband also.

DAISE:- That tape sounds good, after all this is a lifetime change we are all making, not just a 'diet' so the more you understand about food and your relationship with it, the more your whole outlook to food will change. You sound very positive about it which is great! I hope you are feeling better in your self, and if you ever want to talk, I am here for you.

Anyway, love and Gods blessings to you all

Amanda xx

EZMONEY
09-02-2003, 10:01 PM
HOWDY LOOOSERS ;)

WOW- a lot of posts- that's what I like to see! I'd rather see you exercising though:lol: but since I can't I'll settle for posts:yes:

Well my nephew started school today-- the first words out of his mouth when I asked how school was- was his traditional "it was boring" remark--- AHHHH, some things never change. We discussed the day, did the homework and looked over what the teacher was asking for in the upcoming year. I haven't had to do that for ... well since my kids got out of middle school in '97. Should be a fun year:chin: I hope anyway.

AMANDA - Stay out of that depression! You certainly are looking in the right direction. Good luck on finding that job you /God wants for you. Went to the gym huh? YIPEE! that is what we are talking about!! I figure if you go to the gym, let's say 250 days in the next year and lose 8 oz. then that will make you 125 pounds less by this time next year--- OK, so maybe my math won't compute to actual weight loss but at least those are the days you will be doing something good for yourself!!

SUNNYD Wow, your kids sure like to get their pictures taken--NO! I don't mean Joe:lol: I think he is on the right track with wanting to spend time with you! it is OK to give up the computer for your hubby-- once in awhile:lol: If you can just post Monday thru Friday-- well that is okie-dokie with us. That sure is one nice BBQ! for 2? or do those "kids" of yours get bbq too? I like Lowes-- my wife and I can spen plenty of time and money there, Home Depot and Costco. My wife and I do share the cooking but she does all the repair work! Electrical-- no problem! she worked for an electrician in high school -- AS A RECEPTIONIST-- she feels this gives her the "POWER" to rewire anything in the house!! I am pretty handy with drywall- painting (although she pretty much is always painting something here-- soooo glad she gets all these Trading Spaces ideas:lol:

MICHELE- Don't get defeated girl-- I think just about everyone has had a run of bad luck-- ya gotta remember that when you are dealing with men... well let's just say-- we ain't the briteist/brwiest/ errr we ain't the smrtest/smareest er.. we is pertty dang dummmmmmm:lol: Just keep on searching, praying and going about your life as you would want your own daughter to do or son if they were in the same boat--- your boat isn't sinking-- it's just taking on a little water at the moment--START BAILING !

SHERRY- Thanks for the guideance-- what ever happened with your church situation? Hope all is well. How is your daughter doing? still have that far away job? the little one still growing? Hope the swelling goes better for you as the weather cools. I am glad you are posting again-- miss your awesome ones with all the color-- thanks to Angel and SunnyD for stepping in while you have been m.i.a. Prayers.

JUDY Like your program-- hope it works for you-- at least it is a great way to start!!! That is the ticket--STARTING!!!! I am so sorry to hear about the boyfriend problem for your daughter-- brings back memories of my first real girlfriend dumping me after 3 years-- she went off to college and found more fun there after 1 year-- wa still single until the week of our 20 year reunion though-- we are buddies now--- phone buddies from time to time that is.

DAISE Hey you-- who hasn't wrecked up their "house" I smoked from the time I was 16 until I was 43--been off them for 6 years last month!!! I could still have copmplications from those nasty things-- HOWEVER-- the quality of life I have while I am still living is soooo much better!! Prayers for your DB mom-- My wife has always been interested in the idea of owning a bed and breakfast-- one drawback here though is she would have to do it alone 'cause I don't like people:lol: or maybe people don't like me- not sure.

ANGEL-LOVER Hope all is well- Prayers for sure for your son in law and your daughter-- I won't get into the war in Iraq as I know very little about it- I do however back our president and am so gratefull for all our troops there and everywhere!!! Thank you Lord Jesus for our military!!

CHRISTIE Glad to see you visiting-- good luck with what ever is going on in your life!

WILMA, doitformeSUE,JOANNE, AMY,GEMONSTER and all the others--YOU TOO SAMI!!!! Hello.

Getting so many now it is hard to remember with this old age setting in (49 and a half.. ouch!!!)

IN HIS LOVE- Gary

SunnyD57
09-02-2003, 11:28 PM
http://www.countrycolors.nu/graphics/healthy/smoothiebar.gif

GARY ~ I told you that I take lots of pictures... my boys grew up with that camera in their faces. I think they actually pose for me! :lol: I'm sorry if I annoy you with them. I'll try not to post them too often.

And I think it is so neat that your wife does repairs like that! My mother is that way, she grew up as her father's "right hand girl" and learned allot from him. And with my father being gone so much when we were young - she had to do it all. A beautifully strong & smart woman, my mom. I also watch Trading Spaces, but first saw the shows on the BBC ~ that's where "we, American's" got the ideas for our shows to begin with. Great programs! Have you ever seen "Ground Force"? Another great program.

Glad you liked the BBQ Grill... we got a large one because of the size of Joe's family. Joe is # 7 of 10 siblings (8 surviving) and we have allot of get-together's with them & the kids & their kids!

I have an elliptical also and did 30 minutes today... try to get in 30 min. at least 3 to 5 days a week. I really like it! Just got it this past January.

And I totally agree with you about the President! Joe & I fully back him up... I belong to the Presidentical Prayer Team and am very proud of our men & women! They are in our daily prayers as well as the innocent people in Iraq. I too would love to see this war over with, but I can assure you 'all' that the President has NOT forgotten those soldiers!

Blessings!

AMANDA ~ The Hallmark CD's I a am speaking of --- you can buy at www.HallmarkSoftware.com There are several packages to choose from, so take your time to look for what would suit you best. Enjoy! I know I do! I just got HALLMARK CARD STUDIO 2003 and love the graphics & cards (& so much more) offered!! Take a look-see for yourself. I am excited for you! Have Fun!

eisenj
09-03-2003, 06:46 AM
Howdy and good morning
Please forgive my computer skills and poor spelling and grammer. Typing to you regularly curtainly will help me improve.
I have a funny story to tell you. When my husband got home yesterday he said he was not that hungry,because they had eatten alot of crispy cream donuts. Evidently the company he works for ordered 1,000 donut for a meeting and they got 1,000 boxes. A dozen in each box. I wonder who's butt got fired for that mistake.
My daughter is doing fine. She is working out with me in the evening. She does 200 situps a night. I can do 10 crunches :lol:
She is in a performing dance company. Last year she performed in Atlanta,Greenville SC., and Myrte Beach. This year I think they are competing in Las Vegas or will performing on a cruise ship. It is alot of fun but expensive.:dance:
I have to get the kids to school I'll write back in a while.

Angel-lover
09-03-2003, 07:17 AM
http://home.att.net/~scorh/Sign01u.gifHello everyone....hope all are well.
Thanks for the many prayers I know are being sent up. My daughter called yesterday....said she was coping a little better. Said the two little ones got down every night & prayed for their daddy. The little girl, Tori, said she didn't want any of the soldiers to die...they probably had kids at home too!
Yes, I support our president, also. I do wish things could settle down over there, though.

SunnyD....somehow, with all going on with me, I didn't know you had been sick. I'm so sorryhttp://www.vfwds.com/graphics/images/roses/pkrosebud.gifYou've been encouraging me, & were sick yourself. I haven't had time to read all the posts...although I have read some. Just been some very busy days! I did go back & find it, though....my twin daughters have IBS, so I know how you suffer. Take care of yourself.

Michele...I believe there is someone for us all. The right man will come along.....hang in there!

eisenJ...don't think I've posted to you yet...hope all is well with you!

WOW! I was gonna post to all, individually......there's a lot of us! Maybe I can catch up on a few at a time!

I gotta cook breakfast , so I'll say God Bless all of you!
http://home.att.net/~scorh3/Flower04j6.gif

SunnyD57
09-03-2003, 08:33 AM
JUDY ~ Hi! Good to hear from you again. And so happy to hear that your daughter is doing better and that you have her to exercise with. That makes it so much nicer to have company. And I enjoyed the story about your hubby! WoW! 1,000 boxes :dizzy: !!!!! Hope he didn't become too ill from all those donuts :o ... I know I would have.

Just in case you didn't see... I posted a reply to your questions on "how to's" on the last page (go back to #3 on the post about the middle)--- you will see my post to you. Just didn't know if you knew to check the previous pages for posts. I did notice you found the smiles :) Have a great day!

ANGEL ~ http://www.countrycolors.nu/graphics/faery/pinkmush.gif Good Morning... that's okay, really ~ Thank-you so much for the well wishes. I am doing much better this morning and I have a house to clean today --- ugg! I don't like doing it, but love the results! It is a rainy day again today, so it will be a great day for cleaning (if that is possible :dz: ) Hope to see you again soon... I miss seeing your post's. Have a good day, Angel!

And a fine "Good Morning" to everyone... I will write later.
Blessings!

(Sorry Gary, I can't help myself. Love pictures ;) )

My Guido... ever have "one of those days"!?

EZMONEY
09-03-2003, 10:22 AM
SunnyD- it doesn't annoy me that you brag about your kids! it is sooo like me!!!! Going in late today, a short day close to home-- this way I can take the nephew to his new "BORING" school-- gotta run.

IN CHRIST- Gary

eisenj
09-03-2003, 10:29 AM
Hi I'm back,

SunnyD~ Thank you so much for showing me how to make my posts more interesting.:dancer: I love your family pictures. My husband is hair chalenged too. He shaves it twice a week. It feels like a babies buttom. I don't know why men hate going bald. I happen to like bald men.It looks sharp.

Gary~ My husband before we got married lived with a couple of guys to share expences. One of his room mates was a chief and brought home all kind of left overs from the restaurant he worked for in Philidelphia. When I got married I had no clue how to cook. My mother was the worst cook in the world ,she never spiced any thing ,and most of the meat was dried out or burnt. We kids put ketchup on everything. I understand missionary kids do the same thing to eat food there not fond of in other countries. Any why, we have been married 17 years ,and I have become a pretty good cook, thats why we are both over weight. I love community cookbooks, Southern living mag. and Pillsbury Bake-Off receipts.

Amanda~ My sisters daughter's name is Amanda. We call here Amanda Panda. She is 6 years old, blonde, blue eyes and full of energy:hyper:

My God bless all of you today

EZMONEY
09-03-2003, 11:31 AM
I just dropped off nephew and am waiting for my brother before I head off to work.

Judy-- that is my mom's name (with an i) as in Judith. Not sure if you were posting yet when Amanda came on board but I told her that was my daughter's name and nickname-- Panda Bear.

I am really enjoying cooking when I can plan and have time (DUH!)-- I got hooked on cookbooks a few years back, I love the Pillsbury cookbook, but I also enjoy the Taste of Home magazine and their T. of H. Quick Cooking one too.

Brother here, Later

Christian
09-03-2003, 12:14 PM
Good morning guys!

Thanks for the warm welcome back... I will try to post more often here, I have my hand in challenges and menu threads and it takes alot of my time to keep them updated :dizzy: But you guys here are the greatest and I really enjoy reading even when I dont get time to post ;)
I guess I havent told much about myself so I figured I would let you know a little about myself and my family,
I am 28 and live in Missouri with my hubby of 8 years and 2 beautiful young daughters, one 7 one 9, and recieved the Lord February 17 1997, the best thing that has ever happened to me :love: He is my strength and the best friend I have ever had and dont even want to think of where I would be today had I not met him when I did. I started Weight Watchers in August and am hoping to reach my goal weight and stay there, not only for myself... But for my daughter as she has a weight problem and at 9 years old I will do whatever I can to show her how to eat and what to eat to take better care of herself than mom did while she is young, she is such a sweet girl and it pains me to see her even having to think about weight problems at her age, any prayers will be apriciated...and she has lost weight so far this month ;)

Well guys gotta eat lunch...I am starvin :D
Have a Blessed day guys!!!!

SunnyD57
09-03-2003, 01:03 PM
http://www.countrycolors.nu/graphics/hotairbal/medha1.gifGARY ~ I am so glad you don't mind my pictures... I am afraid I am hopeless! ;)

I too have stacks of Taste of Home Magazines!!! Great recipes, but I also have a series of Better & Homes & Gardens Cookbooks... their recipes are so good and pretty easy to put together. I am known for tearing out recipes and trying them at least once from their magazines. I often find myself going to FOOD NETWORK's Cooking sites looking for a good recipe when I get board (love Rachel Ray's "30 min Cooking" show).

http://www.countrycolors.nu/graphics/hotairbal/medha2.gif JUDY ~ I am glad I could be of some help ;) I agree --- My Joe is one handome man! And I am glad you don't mind all the pics... I love my boys! (I have three male cats) and so enjoy taking pictures & showing them off. They do not know they are cats... shhhhh :sssh:

http://www.countrycolors.nu/graphics/hotairbal/medha5.gif CHRISTIAN ~ It's nice to see you back :) Thanks for sharing some personal information. What are your daughters names? I will keep your 9 year old in prayer for her weight issues --- it is a tough battle with today's convience foods and pier pressure! :cp: Congrats on the weight she has already lost! :cp:

I have so enjoyed this thread and these wonderful people, I won't go to other threads for any major posting. I have only posted one other time at the DR. PHIL's WT LOSS CHALLANGE thread (Just felt compelled to!)... I read them but like to put my best foot forward in one area. Besides, you people are the BEST!

Gotta get back to my Fall cleaning... it looks so nice to put out my Fall table clothes & pumpkins. I just love the FALL --- okay, it's not official till Sept 23rd, but it's cool enough here in Ohio to enjoy it now ;)

Later...

Christian
09-03-2003, 03:52 PM
Sunny- My oldest is named Marissa and the youngest is named Megan ;)
Thanks for the prayers, she will apriciate it :D

Amanda Panda
09-03-2003, 07:40 PM
Hi everyone

Hope you are all doing well. I went on the exercise bike today for half an hour.

Check out my new signature - I have been thinking of changing it to some scripture for a while but wasn't sure what. I was out today and saw the passage on a billboard outside a church - how's that for divine inspiration?

Sorry if I offended you all with my comments about the war in Iraq - please don't think I don't support all the soldiers out there. I'll keep my mouth shut from now on.

Amanda xx

SunnyD57
09-03-2003, 09:44 PM
http://www.countrycolors.nu/graphics/girls/dressdoll.gifCHRISTIAN ~ Thank-you! I like both their names very much, but favor the name Marissa. Very pretty. Have a good-night and an even better day tomorrow. God Bless!

http://www.countrycolors.nu/graphics/angels/littleangel2.gifAMANDA ~ It's okay, Amanda... I am not offended. And I don't think anyone else is either... you have the right to express yourself --- just be informed when you do, so you can defend your beliefs. I am very passionate about the military, being I am a daughter of a retired Marine Officer. My father has suffered so much from the wars he has fought, but is so proud to have fought for the U.S. of A.

Hey there... I like your new signature! From Isaiah... good choice! God is so good! And a BIG "Pat-on-the-back" :cp: for working out today.

Also... I thank-you for the nice reply to my pm... I think you will really enjoy card making! And you are doing it for a good cause, you will be Blessed. I have enjoyed making cards for years, but not to sell, just to give. All the best to you --- have fun!!

http://www.countrycolors.nu/graphics/angels/angeldivide.gif
Sleep well my dear friends... sweet dreams!

Mitchypoo
09-03-2003, 10:13 PM
SunnyD~I love that pic of Guido! And yes, I do feel like that some days. In fact, if we get to come back, i want to be a pampered cat! Give me a sunny window, food whenever I want, affection when i feel like it, sleep 16 hours a day.......my kind of life! ;)

Felt better today although this a.m. i did struggle getting out of bed..... but I did and i'm glad.

sami
09-04-2003, 12:49 AM
I am in need of lots of Prayers for my Church and School. Monday we had record rains and there is an apt complex behind the church and the pond flooded and caused a flood inside our church and school. It has done over 100,000.00 in damage and we don't have flood ins. becausethe ins company wouldn't let us take it out because we are not on a flood plain. So the Kids are out of school until the repairs are done. We went by there monday evening and there was a car on the road just outside our school parking lot and the water was so high all you could see was 3 inches of the roof!
Even in the mist of all this I can see the Lords hand my DD and her soon to be husband decided to marry at his church and raise the kids in hers. There is no way this church will be put back together in two weeks. Think of all the stress I would be under if they were getting married there! Work is busy but going great. I am feeling run down but better.

eisenj-A big welcome! I think your plans are real strict but you seem to be very strong about this I know you can do this! Fast food is sooooo bad just giving that up will make a big diffrence! Wow your DD does 200? sit ups WOW! Prayers for your DD on her break up. I have 5 DD's so we have been through this a lot! Just the other night mine was upset with hers for kissing another girl but he has been over for the last few nights so I guess they made up!

Mitchypoo-Sorry things didn't work out. I had to smile when you made the comment about the women pastors. My Dh grandfather was a REALLY out spoken crabby guy and he didn't think women should be pastors. when he died (of course on the day we were to leave for vac (I swear he did it on purpose) because he had no church home they called a pastor in to do the service and you guessed it SHE was a woman! I smiled through the whole service! LOL

Angellover-I will keep your S-I-L in my prayers. It is going to take a lot to change Iraq and until order is in place the war will still be going on. And of course big prayers for your DD and grandkids. I am praying for you also Stress is not good for you either! How is the house going?

Sunnyd57-My friends name is Larry and my S-F-I-L is Warren. With all the stuff going on at church I have not heard how Larry's surgery went. I will have to e-mail to find out. I love your picture? I am going to post some after the wedding.

AmandaPanda-I pray that you are feeling better. Is your depression do to job hunting? I know it must be hard to look for a job in todays market. My DD took 3 months to find a job in one way I think it was a blessing because she took her other jobs for granted always complaining. Now she has changed her attuide a lot!

Christian-What was you screen name before? I remember the saying you put at the bottom.

Ez-How is the boring school going? I still am not sure what dress I should wear. I love the white one do you think it is OK to wear white to my DD wedding? My friend says no but I think his mother is wearing a white dress (it was her wedding dress in in 2nd wedding)

Sherry-Wow you have had it hot no wonder you are swelling! Is your husband feeling any better about church? I am still praying!

Wilma-You have been gone to long! We have missed you!

Daise-I will try to e-mail your friend but my stupid e-mail doesn't alway go out.

I have to go and get some rest. Prayers for an OP day!

eisenj
09-04-2003, 07:16 AM
Good morning everyone,

I need some prayers for an old Christan friend. Her son got caught yesterday by the police speeding. He had his car filled with drugs. Last year he got caught stealing drugs from a drug store he worked for, then turned around and sold them at the high school he went to. Of course he got kicked out of school. They had to but him in a private school for bad kids. He was leaving to go to college today, but is now in jail. He was a great chief and was planning to go to culinary school. He blew it big time. Last time the judge even cleaned his record since it was his first offense.

My son has soccer tonight. Laura has dance from 5:30 to 9:00. I have no clue when to prepare dinner. Neither one of them like to eat much of anything when they have a game or dance, because They get stomach cramps. Paul (my husband)needs to eat by 6:00 or he gets bad headaches and acid reflux.I need to make some thing light.

Michele~ Are there any christan single groups near you that you
can join? Also a good way to meet men is by volunteering for a cause like habitat for humanity or helping in a sport event like golf,football games etc. You should see how many guys show up to the Masters. This town is filled with men the first week of
April. The town people leave and corporations rent there homes for big bucks. Good luck xoxo

Angel-lover~ I will pray for your son-in-law and family. What troop is he in? Our sunday school class sends care packages to ssg Don Terry Luton Coc 122 Eng Bn 3rd ACR unit 91538. These men and weman are fighting in unbelievable hot tempertures. The men we send to have requested christan reading material, mag and newspapers. They also like liquid soap and baby wipes.
They need to know that we care about them and we are praying for them.

Got to go God bless

SunnyD57
09-04-2003, 07:38 AM
http://www.countrycolors.nu/graphics/cafe/cafetable.gifGOOD MORNING, SAMI ~ I have a question for you? Do you have your churches mailing address? I would like to help with a donation in the rebuilding after that flooding. I don't have much, but I am sure that every little bit would help defray the cost since the Ins. will not cover. And of course you will have my prayers too!! So much happening in our world today :cry:

Thank-you for giving me the names of your dear ones... it makes it more personalized when I lift them up in prayers. Keep us informed whenever you can. I know it is a crazy time for you right now and YOU are in my prayers as well. It will be a beautiful wedding ~ God has guided you so far in the choosing of the church:goodvibes.

And if I may... in answer to your dress color --- Miss Manners states that ONLY THE BRIDE should wear white on her wedding day, because the focus should be on her. But so many rules have changed over the years. Hope this helps with your decision making.

Have a good day, Sami!
http://www.countrycolors.nu/graphics/angels/littleangel3c.gifGod Bless!!!

SunnyD57
09-04-2003, 07:59 AM
http://www.countrycolors.nu/graphics/cafe/coffeencandle.gifGOOD MORNING JUDY ~ What is your friends first name? Just wondered so I can be a bit more personal in prayer when I lift her & her son up in prayer.

Drugs are tough! My brother has been hooked for years and he is very strong-willed & proud, so he won't accept any help. His name is ED and I so would appreciate any prayers for him as well. He & I were always so very close till he moved to LA got messed up and now he has distanced himself from 'all' of the family over the years. I hear that is a very tipical reaction after getting involved with drugs... makes me sad to think about it. :( I miss my brother very much! We are only 14 months apart in age and were always close growing up. He acted like my 'Big brother' and always protected me - even though "I" was the oldest... he is so sweet. So it makes it all the sadder of a situation. And he's so talented! What an artist! I thank-you in advance for the prayers.

http://www.countrycolors.nu/graphics/angels/littleangel4c.gifI too will lift your friend & her son up in prayer...
You have a good Day today! God Bless!

SunnyD57
09-04-2003, 08:12 AM
http://www.countrycolors.nu/graphics/tea/tea.gifMORNING MICHELE ~ I am so happy to hear that you are feeling so much better!!! :) :flow2:

And it thrills me that you and the others like my pictures! Guido is my cassanova... my love-bug. He loves to cuddle & be cuddled. Yes, a cat sure does know how to live a good life - don't they ;)

Here's another for you of him, but from a distance... gotta just love him! He owns the place, along with his brother & Domino ;)

http://www.countrycolors.nu/graphics/tea/teacup.gifHave a Good Day today, sweetie.
(((Hugs)))

SunnyD57
09-04-2003, 08:17 AM
http://www.countrycolors.nu/graphics/hotairbal/smallha4.gif MORNING GARY ~ Where are youuuuu? How's that garage coming along??? Hope that all is going well with Ron and school... bet you have been busy with him. Soon (if not already) you will be doing homework again! Then you will be "smarter then the av-er-age bear" (my YOGI-BEAR impersonation :lol: )

Have a good day today! God Bless!

mrshummer
09-04-2003, 08:22 AM
Good Morning CEers!!!!:flow1: :flow2:

Glad to see almost everyone posting. But it's really hard for me to keep up. :lol: I guess I'm a little slow. I just wanted to ask for prayer requests today. I'm headed back to the Dr to see what he says today and maybe have more testing done. :stress: I'd think by now they have done almost every test imaginable but might what to repeat them to see if anything has changed. *sigh* I am kinda down because, this week I've gotten so I can't hardly function properly. I'm very SOB (short of breath) and very fatiqued and my mind isn't very clear. I'm sure he will tell me it's lack of oxygen. :stars: But if that's the case, he will push me to apply for disability which I don't want to do. I'm scared. I know that if I didn't push myself to get up and go to work some days that I would want to stay in bed all day because of the way I feel. But with working, I have to get up and go so I manage to get through it. But if I didn't have to go to work, I think I would get weaker in general. Plus, I know if and when I quit, I might not ever be able to work again or get a job again. Don't get me wrong, I have faith in God, and know HE knows whats best for me, but I just want to make sure this is whats best for me and that the evil factors of this world aren't influencing all this. Does that make sense? :dizzy:

Thank you ahead of time for your thoughts and prayers. This group has been such a blessing to me over the years. I continue to pray for you all too. ;) I will try to post again when I get back.

Have a GREAT day!!!! Keep looking UP!!!! :angel:

SunnyD57
09-04-2003, 08:27 AM
http://www.countrycolors.nu/graphics/strawberry/strawdoll.gifAlso want to send out "Good Morning & a Good Day" to CHRISTIAN, AMANDA, SHERRY, ANGEL-LOVER, WILMA, DAISE, AMY & JOANNE!!!

OH & A GOOD DAY to: SUE, JANEY, ZOE & GEMONSTER (whom I do not know, but have been on this thread before.) I did see that GEMONSTER POSTED ON WEIGHTY ISSUES #7 on 9-2 when I was surfing...

Hope I haven't missed anyone!!!
God Bless!!!!

SunnyD57
09-04-2003, 08:42 AM
http://www.countrycolors.nu/graphics/tea/teatray.gifMORNING SHERRY ~ Sure I will lift you up in prayer today! I hope that everything test okay!!

Sherry... I noticed that you are an LVN. I just read an article this past Sunday about the shortage of RN's LPN's & LVN's. You are probably being very 'over-worked' and are so fatiqued that your body cannot catch up... don't you think? The article stated that more then 126,000 nursing positions in hospitals around the country are UNFILLED! And that the nursing workforce is shrinking... how sad! Therefore... all the nurses we have now are being very over-worked!! My mom was an RN in Maine and was forced into retirement due to a car accident and injury to her back. She cried for months --- she loved her job! She worked in Peds. And did not want to leave it.

Anyway... you have my prayers - today & everyday.
Loved your graphic & verse today---Thanx! :)
God's Blessings!

EZMONEY
09-04-2003, 10:53 AM
GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!! :lol:

I leave for just a few- ok, 24 hrs. and look at all these posts!! So happy to see it-- I have been trying to read them as I answer questions on life with the nephew:lol: Such as if the date on the milk is Aug. 27 how come it's still good, is it ok to put mustard, mayo,relish,chili sauce,ketchup, turkey,salami and provolone on the same sandwich? (sure!! and make me one too W/O the mayo and ketchup and chili sauce:lol: ) do I always have to eat this healthy bread Uncle Gary? why is it brown and so heavy.....

I don't have time to post to everyone at the moment (I really should be doing a job bid before I take the kiddo to school and head off to work) but I do want to say quickly-- and I will reply to all later...

Michele-- get up get going
Sami- Prayers! church and school--wear ANYTHING YOU WANT!!!
Judi-plan-plan-plan-- those meals-- we have suggestions to help here from experience. Prayers for the friend's son--I understand!.

Sherry-Prayers-- keep moving forward dear
Amanda- no offense taken- pretty much the Believers here are agaist bad people-PERIOD-- we, I believe, have been put in a situation as a nation to help others-- it is not an easy thing to do-- if my family was being hurt like those in Iraq I sure wish someone would step in and help-- I am so thankful for our troops!
Christie-Good luck on the program with your 9 yr.old-- my daughter has a passion to help overweight/out of shape youngsters that need some guidence.
SunnyD- thanks for keeping it going!! Prayers for your brother-- long story- will tell later- 1 brother died from drugs (nephew's pop) and 1 more SAVED through Salvation Army-- I understand

Angel-doitforme-Zoe-Amy-Gem-Daise-WILMA?where are you-- how long was that trip anyways!

Runnin'- Gary

EZMONEY
09-04-2003, 04:40 PM
HI GALS--

I'll write what i can before my brother gets here and we head to the local social security office-- need to take care of business of my nephew's and neice's. Had a short day today so this is a good time because next week I am really busy.

MICHELE- I know it isn't easy "waiting" for the right one- been there a few times before! in my life. I know you have heard it all before but the only thing you can do is to keep on keepin' on-- with the best attitude you can-- and I am sure you are. It is only natural to get down-- what isn't good is STAYING down-- I remember when i went through my divorce, it took every ounce of energy I had to stay afloat-- but I knew one day it would be OK-- but I sure as heck didn't feel it. I remember too some of the girls I talked to on the phone (remember I am from the old fashioned days-- we didn't have computers and chatting-- we had to subscribe to a personal ad in newspapers) anyhow so many seemed like the right one-- I was so sure many times God had answered my prayer-- then after meeting or a few dates I was like "STUPID" to even think this was the one for me. Maybe it was just wishful thinking, not even sure-- all I know is eventually it will happen for you-- I know it isn't fair!!! And I know that "your not the only single woman out there" doesn't help either-- we all want someone to "LOVE" us-- and even though we all know here how much our Lord loves us and that IS ALL WE NEED!!! we still want someone here--ON EARTH-- to share with.

Brother here-BYE

Amanda Panda
09-04-2003, 04:57 PM
Hello to you all,

Just popping in quickly because my Nigel needs to use the P.C.

I am having a good week diet wise - really feel back on track. I went to the gym today, it was a really hot day and I feel wiped out now!

I will keep you all in my prayers

Love Amanda xx

Mitchypoo
09-04-2003, 06:39 PM
Gary~I love your nephews questions! :lol: It's so typical of that age but i think it's great that he can ask you without feeling like you'll make him feel dumb. Poor guy, too, with his pops dying. I think that's your brother, so i'm sorry for your loss as well.

I know, i know, i'm off my pity pot! And I know that he's out there, I may have met him and not realized it, or maybe he's still to meet. Either way, when I think about it, I say, OK God, in your time. I'm willing to wait. I just felt a little defeated and disenchanted with your whole species :s:

Going to the Mall of America....that always makes me feel better!

I can't wait for football season to start! And this Sunday is a great rival game for us. The Vikings/Packers! Go Vikes!

EZMONEY
09-04-2003, 06:49 PM
OK- I am back again. All went well at the social security office- mostly because I was in their files on this from before-- I just hate having to do this again, when I went through it less than a year ago. Should be fine now. Had a call right before I left from one of the case workers, they want to have a meeting with the nephews mom, my wife, brother, sil, and some of her sisters finally decided to come-- to see what we can do as a "FAMILY" unit in helping the kids-- not sure what good it will do- the sisters of my sil don't want anything to do with her either-- they are not willing to take the kids either- this isn't really aproblem with me, they are fine people but I would much rather my nephew was with me.

SAMI-- I am sorry to hear about your church and school- Prayers for all concerned, wish you the best in raising funds. I know that "TRADITIONS" call for certain colors etc. - Back in the 'ol days boys and men wore suits to church-- don't find that too much anymore. I personally feel that you should wear whatever you want!! My family has strict instructions from me that for my funeral they BETTER not wear anything but shorts, t-shirts or sweatshirts if it is cold-- it better be an Hawaiian affair (not that I am Hawaiian, never been there myself but my kids love it there! go every chance they can) a lot of food, music and fun. They can have Pastor give a "quick" sermon to share the Gospel, tell a few jokes- they can play "Just as I Am Without One Plea" and "Beautiful Savior" my 2 favorite traditional songs and that is it. Perferably this will be done at my home or wherever the wife and kids want it. My grandmothers will turn over in their graves but I will explain it to them when I get to Heaven!! My POINT-- LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO WORRY ABOUT WHAT THE HECK OTHER PEOPLE THINK-- if it is your "HOTTEST" color WEAR IT!!!!!!

JUDY OK- sounds like to me the Hubby needs to do the 200 sit-ups too after all those Krispy cremes:lol: I will pray for the boy with the drug problem, I understand, will explain in post to Sunny. I also understand the stomach problems-- my son, 22, doesn't eat before any sporting event- never has because it upsets him-- he plays something alomost everyday for the last 18 years! My daughter has IBS too, 20, so food is always an issue-- acid reflux for my wife....From all the years of expierience as a single parent for 7 years I understand how (as a male) it is easy to fast food-- I wish I knew then what I have learned-- to PLAN-- it is easy to BBQ a whole bunch of chicken breasts on the week-end then throw them in the microwave with different sauces, etc-- freeze casseroles, a lot of crock-pot stuff--- I was doing a whole bunch of running from practices with son and daughter for sports, scouts, church youth groups, etc- loved every minute of it but I didn't plan meals too well!

Gotta get the nephew- be back

wilma12
09-04-2003, 07:44 PM
I got home last night and is it every good to be back home. I am also enjoying the few days off before going back to work. The wedding and anniversary were really fun. I ate way too much and had too little exercise. Tomorrow it's back to Curves for me.

It sounds like there has been a lot of activity around here this week and a few newbies too. It's nice to see this site hopping like this. We all need all the support we can get and give.

I would love to address each one of you but I don't have a lot of time to be on here so I just want to let you know that I was thinking about you when I was gone and am really glad to be back.

Talk to you again real soon!

Angel-lover
09-04-2003, 09:04 PM
http://www.agifs.hpg.ig.com.br/ursos/urso76.gifThank you all for the kind words & prayers for my son-in-law & daughter. It means a lot. It's really scarey. I heard my daughter had her sister go to her house yesterday & help her give the house a good cleaning...."just in case". That's so sad. It's hard for a mother to find a way of comforting their child at a time like this. I also, think of all the families that have already lost a family member.

Hi Wilma, glad you're back...happy had a good time.

Hi Gary, I've been here...you must've miss the posts.:lol:

Hello to Mitchypoo...hope all is well.

Hi Amanda...glad you're doing well on your diet....I finally lost that 30th lb this week. Took me forever to drag that one off! Got about 10-15 to go.

SunnyD...you sweet thing...with all the talent! You put me to shame!! I do enjoy all your hard work, though! I've been working on other things, & gotten a little lazy with my graphics.

mrshummer...hang in there. http://members.aol.com/sunbeliefs/refuge.gif

eisenj.....that's a very good thing your sunday school class is doing. I can tell you, the packages stay very far behind, but they do receive them. Yes, the temperatur is very bad. Somewhere between 130 & 140 degrees. Chris gets one bucket of water every 3 days to take a rag bath & wash his uniform. Then 3 bottle of water a day. I drink more than that a day at my pc. My daughter sends him care packages with candy bars, etc,... If anyone wants to pray for him or send him a card or letter....
SSG Letson, James C.
HHB 2-5 FA
Unit #91492
APO, AE 09320-1492

Sami....hi & thank you for your prayers. The house....well.....more stress! Going very slow. It'll be ok....we'll make it. My nurse called Monday...says the Methotrexate I take on Monday nights has caused a very low white blood cell count....gotta go to the dr Monday.

Hello to everyone else...God bless all of you. http://d21c.com/softlywhispers/angels/5.gif

EZMONEY
09-04-2003, 09:19 PM
WILMA- Hey you--glad you had a great time-- and even better you are going back to curves and not "taking any more of a break" -My Hero!! Talk to you later.

SHERRY Sorry to hear you are so sick still. I understand what you mean- you want to get a rest but you know that you feels so bad you may never get up. You have to do your best 'cause your family needs you to be YOU--- do what ever you can to get healthy and leave the rest to God to take care of. Little steps each day are much better than NO steps. Prayers and (((HUGS)))

CHRISTIE Good luck with your and your daughter's weight loss-- you are on the right track getting a hold of it early-- some people just have a problem and others don't-- aint fair! Me, I was always so skinny growing up-- 6 ft. and 155 pounds when I graduated high school-- the guy they would have kicked sand on at the beach:lol: if I would have gone!! Too far to drive- 5 miles from my house... today's youth are so much healthier looking-- even my skinny 6 ft. 4 inch son at 175 pounds looks good because he is so toned from weight lifting and working out.

AMANDA- Great job on the bike work-- I can't stress enough the lifestyle change!! Again- I am not offended at your remarks on Iraq! I think we all want peace!! Hope the weather cools down for you-- not with Nigel:o

SUNNYD As I mentioned earlier I know about drug problems and brothers-- my father was an alcoholic-- fortunately for me he didn't start drinking until I was 18 so it didn't affect my childhood-- I don't have the fondest memories of him though of his later years-- he died at 54 of pancreas cancer. He was always good to me but not the best husband to my mom-- he had girlfriends in his later years, including my mothers' brother's wife. My brothers both got involved with drugs early in life-- the cocaine, crystal thing-- I never touched them. Anyhow without all the details- I am the oldest, the next brother cleaned up after he lost everything and 2 wives thru the Salvation Army, my youngest brother went thru it too but just was never able to totally kick it even though he was much better. He died a few years ago from a heart attack attributed to excessive drug abuse from years before-- hence care of my nephew, his mom the same problems plus she is a fruit loop. Prayers for your brother and family.
My garage is done, thanks for asking- I now have 30 extra square feet of storage for my son's stuff!! What a gift I will be able to give his future wife!!!

MICHELE--Great attitude! Vikings are one of my favorites behind-- way behind MY RAIDERS!!!! My Pastor is a die-hard Vikings fan born and raised in minnesota.[/B[B]Have fun at the Mall- my kids love it there- my ex wife is from Minnesota too.

Wife just called for dinner- Gary

SunnyD57
09-04-2003, 09:54 PM
http://home.att.net/~scorh2/Animation2j.gifHELLO WILMA! Welcome home! So glad to hear you had a nice vacation, but it always feels good to come home again --- doesn't it? Do you have any pets? Bet they missed you if you do...

Speaking of Curves... I am still waiting for the new place to open here. I called them this afternoon, but still no answer. I reallly am interested in joining. I did take a "look-see" this afternoon on the web-site and am looking forward to trying something new and meeting some new people. Hope they are open by Monday (Sept 8th) sure would like to begin soon.

Well, I will say a good-night to you...
It's nice to have you back :)

http://home.att.net/~scorh/Animation1b1.gifAnd a very 'good-night' to all my new dear friends... I will catch you in the morning. Don't forget to say your prayers... ;)

eisenj
09-05-2003, 06:47 AM
Hi friends

You asked what my friends sons name is, it is Nathan and his mom is Dona. Please prey that God will heal his drug addiction.
I did drugs as a kid experimented with pot ,cocaine, mushrooms etc. When I married my husband he had to get tested for drugs regularly. We stayed clear of any parties and did not eat any things with poppy seeds. He had high security clearance at his job.The FBI came around the neighborhood to question your neighbors about your activities so you need to be sweeky clean.When we got saved we decided not to drink or allow people to smoke in our home. My mom died from smoking and we wanted our kids to have nice pink lungs. Now that my kids are teens and they face peer presure I pray they make good chooses.I know that Christ drank wine and it is ok to drink, but I do not want to be the person that encourages someone to go off the wagon. Also in order to be a good witness I want to be clean.
I'll get off my soap box now:soap:

Be back once the kids go to school.

~It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop~ God bless

SunnyD57
09-05-2003, 08:08 AM
http://home.att.net/~scorh2/Animation2c.gifANGEL-LOVER ~ Good Morning Charolette! How are you feeling today? It is so nice to see you are posting again. I hope you feel up to yourself again real soon!

I am so happy that you posted your DSIL's (Dear-Son-In-Law) address! I will send him a card or two... please, let your daughter know that we are lifting her up in prayer, okay. It must be so very hard. How many children do they have? How old are they? I just couldn't imagine... I worry about Joe being on the road (especially in winter) never mind being "in a war!" You are "all" in my prayers!

CONGRATS to you on your weight loss!! :cb: :cp: :dance: As you get closer to your goal - it will come off slower, but you know to just hang in there... it will come off. That's what I keep telling myself --- each and everyday! I have lost a bit more since I joined on... I am now at a 11lb total weight loss as of today :) I just cannot wait to see the 190's again (I am using 10lb mini goals).

How's the other web-site coming along? Have you gotten it all straightened out yet? I know how frustrating it can be. You asked me about having my own web-site... what you are going through is why I don't. I have thought about it! Right now... I am content to have this place to share & encourage --- maybe in the future. When it is fixed I would like to see the web-site, if it's okay.

Have a good day, Angel!! (((Hugs)))

http://home.att.net/~scorh2/Animation2h.gifGARY ~ How very sad! :( You too have been through much!! I am so very sorry for the loss of your brother and so young!! God will bless you in so many ways for stepping up and caring for your nephew, Ron.

I am afraid that mine is well on the path of destruction as well... he has totally left the family now - no one knows where he is, no address, no phone... ... He has three girls from two different girlfriends. Two of his girls & the mom stay in touch with my whole family - they are so sweet. This way we can be there for she and the girls. The whole situation is just so frustrating and sad. All I can do is http://home.att.net/~scorh/Animation1a2.gifPRAY for him --- and to me that is pretty powerful all by itself, but with your added prayers just think of the power!! I will never give up hope! The last time I saw him (many years ago) he hugged me so tight and wouldn't let go! And just sobbed!! My heart just aches for him, :cry: I love him deeply.

Thank-you Gary for allowing me to vent and for your prayers! And for the care of your DN. You are right... "Life is very short & very Precious!"

On the bright-side... so glad to hear you got your garage project finished. Always feels so good when you finish, doesn't it. Have fun watching your football! I watch some... but the Cleveland Browns aren't much to watch these days :( I know... some fan I am. I have hope that they will do better one day. I do enjoy the Cleveland Indian's (baseball) and keep a close eye on them :)

Have a great day, Gary!

Today... I will finish Fall-cleaning our home (had to do paperwork yesterday, so I didn't finish) and finish making the cards for some family & friends. We have a birthday party to go to tonight for our nieces daughter - she'll be 6! She is so precious! Don't you just love birthday parties! ;) Then on Saturday, Joe & I are going to a Festival for most of the day where there are over 500 crafters, performing their crafts, all set up in the hillsides and through trees - it is just so much fun (!) and the weather is going to be Fall-perfect!!!! Cool & Clear, yeah!

Hope that you all have a perfect day into the weekend too!!

SunnyD57
09-05-2003, 08:33 AM
http://home.att.net/~scorh2/Animation3c1.gifGOOD MORNING, JUDY ~ I am sorry I missed you there...

Thank-you for their names :), it just helps me to personalize my prayers. Is her name Donna with one 'n'? That is different if it is... my name is 'Donna' (SunnyD) with both n's. But I have enjoyed being called Sunny or SunnyD - it is so cheerful ;)

Drugs are just so wicked, aren't they!? That is a place I never went or had an interest in, never smoked either. Just ate! That's where I found my comfort :( and still struggle with to this day. An on-going battle I'm afraid. I cannot wait to be in heaven where we will have perfect bodies and live good, productive, happy lives with awesome gardens to enjoy... sounds so good doesn't it ;) But addictions are addictions... and they are all painful places to be. That's why it is so important for us all to uplift and support one another in the Lord! It gives us the "strength & courage" to do it and know we are not alone. Don't you think so too? I have been doing so much better since I have joined this thread & had the support of all my new friends here! I hope that you will feel the same. I will keep your children & you in prayer. And BIG "pat-on-the-back" for staying clean & drug free and being good examples for your children.

Do you feel any better today, Judy? What did you decide to make for dinner? My Joe didn't get home till 8:30 last night after leaving the house at 7am... so I just made scrambled eggs for dinner last night--- boring, I am afraid. Tonight I am making us a nice big salad with leftover steak sliced on top along with some red peppers, red onion, toasted almonds and shredded cheese. I am so glad that Joe likes salad's too... often times he ask's for them.

Well, I hope you have a great day today, whatever you decide to do!
God Bless!!

Mitchypoo
09-05-2003, 10:48 AM
Hello all :wave:

Sunny~Your real name is beautiful, but you are Sunny to me now! You didn't say anything but I noticed in your signature that you have lost 2 lbs. since 8/31! Woo hoo! :bravo: Your salad sounds really good, i'll be over at 6:30! (I invite myself to you and Gary's house it seems)

At work at the insurance company today. Must go for now!

EZMONEY
09-05-2003, 10:48 AM
HI LADIES

I hope you all end the week well! Just finished putting all the stuff in the crock-pot for scalloped potatoes, never had it this way before but the recipe looked easy-- it was. I will see tonight if it is fit to eat! It was my turn to cook, Angie made chicken picata last night and made a dish with fettuchine, basil,tomatoe,onion,garlic and bacon (turkey) and olive oil on Wednesday-- we really love that one!
Just hanging around to take the nephew to school-- we are getting new rain gutters today-- for the first time in the 24 years I have lived here! Doesn't rain that much here to worry, but last year we got a new roof, asphalt, and the water just pours off it. I had a shake one before and the water would kinda stay up there. Just had 150 foot run of fence put in last week-- boy that wasn't cheap! I put the first one up 24 years ago for $1,400 this time it was $1,800 for the one side (about 1 third of the fence I have)-- oh well, every thing has gone up in 24 years--BUT WAGES:lol: I should have put it up myself with my brother-- but the wife wanted it to be FINISHED:lol: Not saying I don't finish things, it's just, well sometimes I think I will have a few days off and start something then the next thing you know someone calls for a job and I am tied up for a few weeks/months. she didn't want half a fence for the winter:lol:

ANGEL-LOVER Hey! I have seen you there;) I posted to you. You and your daughter-SIL are still in my prayers. Great job on#30!!Keeping busy I see with your projects.

SUNNYD The Indians:lol: Girl if it isn't the Dodgers it isn't baseball!! I am going to be working on one of the Browns players homes in a month or two-- Griffith-- he has a house near my area and a builder I do drywall for is the builder. I don't know much about him other than I think he played for the Vikings before and was a pro-bowler a time or two, a DB I believe. I never had any interest in drugs- always scared me really-- I did drink however beer most days of the week between 24 and 30-- some days a little much:lol: I quit for 18 years-- I started drinking beer again about a year ago- one or two most nights-- better watch it! My wife blames my extra 5 pounds in the last year on that-- NAH, couldn't be:lol:

Well taking the nephew to school-- Gary

EZMONEY
09-05-2003, 10:51 AM
MICHELE!!! WE POST AT THE SAME TIME AGAIN!!! YOU ARE WELCOME FOR DINNER ANYTIME!!

ALSO SUNNYD-I HAVE A NIECE-SUNSHINE-(SUNNI) AND HER SISTER SUMMER DAWN

eisenj
09-05-2003, 10:54 AM
Hi I'm back

~SunnyD~ My friends name is spelled with one (n).

When my mom died due to her smoking I was vary angry . God told me to stop and look at myself and stop judging her. I am slowly killing myself with food . It is a legal way of commiting suicide. I don't want my kids to be angry with me for my abuses. My addition to food is a tough road, because you can't go cold turkey. You need food to survive. Also our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit ,and I should not be trashing it. I love the Lord and want to honor him by my body. He did not create this form I live in to be abused. Therefore I will with his love and guidence mold it to the vessel he wants me to be.

Last night we had pancakes and sausage for dinner. I need to do more crock pot dishes and cook more on the weekend to make healthy meals that are quick to prepare. It is not healthy for them to eat fast food. My daughter left her lunch on the kitchen table this morning. Guess what was in it? Two cookees, a granola bar,and favored water. Where have I gone wrong!

~EZmoney~ Thank you for the cooking ideas. Your brother would be so proud of you taking care of his son. You sound like a man of character. He needs a christan man to be his mentor. I know it won't be easy.

~Willma 12 ~ I am a curves member too. I got my membership in January. I think I have used it 10 times. I keep making excuses not to go. I hate to exercise and thats part of the problem.

~Christie~ My daughter Laura had a weight problem too. The doctor told me to get her into soccer or swimming. She picked soccer for a while, because she liked the outfit and playing with the boys. The coach put here in defence so she wasn't running up and down the field alot. She dropped out of soccer and joined dance. She loves the costumes and they work out hard. Last night they said they were thinking of dancing nationally in Los Vegas or Orlando. My shy young lady gets up stage in front of hundreds of people to perform. What a difference a few years makes.

I would love to write to everyone ,but it takes forever for me to type, so please forgive me. Have a blessed day

~ nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission~
p.s. I collect quotes so I'll share them with you if thats ok!

SunnyD57
09-05-2003, 11:14 AM
http://ginascountryplace.com/fall02basketapples.gifMICHELE ~ Sure!!! Come on over! You are more then welcome!

I thank-you for the compliment on my name - I like it too, it's just nice to have a nickname... never had one before (well, other then Joe's for me --- "peaches").

Also thanx for noticing my wt. - yes, I have lost some more :) and in hopes to lose another 10 within this month :^: I am going to give 'Curves' another phone call this morning ~ in hopes they will be open soon!

Have a great day at work! (((Hugs)))

SunnyD57
09-05-2003, 12:17 PM
HI WILMA! I DID IT! I have made an appointment for "CURVES" :goodvibes for Mon- the 15th of Sept. ~ that's their first day open! I am so excited!!!! It has been a long time since I have gone outside my home to exercise (since I left Jazzercise 9 yrs ago!). The owner sounds so sweet and she even mentioned that she may want me to work for her... we spoke for about 20 min. I thanked her for the consideration, but told her that I really wanted to concentrate on getting myself taken care of this time. When I worked for Jazzercise I lived there, but worked so much for them I rarely got to get in a full workout for ME! I am so excited... especially since you are a "Curves" woman too, I will have someone to relate to. Thanks again, Wilma, for the encouragement to call them. I have always liked working with machines too.

You have a good day and an even better weekend!

Oh... while I was writing to Wilma... I got a phone call, little Sierra (the birthday party for tonight) is ill with strep-throat :sp:! Party cancelled... poor baby. Later...

God can't allow His people to be ashamed.

And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God, that hath delt wonderously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

wilma12
09-05-2003, 04:28 PM
Sunny: I'm so glad you've joined Curves. I love it. I've already lost 1 1/2 inches off my waist and have only lost 2.5 lbs. It's all about building muscle. The weight will come off!!

I just came back from a workout. You can go whenever it's convenient for you. The one I go to has really good hours but I do wish they would open a bit earlier in the morning so I had more time before I go to work. I really did miss it. It's such an easy workout and it works.

Well, gotta go make supper. MY DS's are going out tonight and need to have supper early. I'm so glad that they'll be on a regular schedule and we can have meals together. Please pray that they find a car pool situation. They can take public transit and it's an hour each way so they do have that option but a car pool situation would be better.

Have a great day!

Amanda Panda
09-05-2003, 05:24 PM
Hi encouragers!,

I am sitting here enjoying a glass of white wine after enjoying a gorgeous meal cooked by Nigel to celebrate our anniversary. Nigel is an excellent cook and made fresh pasta with a napolitina, red wine, chestnut mushroom and fresh parmesan sauce, with reduced fat garlic bread. Yum!:hun: The meal wasn't exactly low fat, but I had planned for it so everything was within my control!

Sorry to hear everyones stories and experiences with drugs - I know that God can heal people from drug use and I will pray for everyone involved in them.

Well done to Angel-Lover and Sunny D on your weight losses so far - hope to be joining you soon! It is my weigh day tomorrow so I will let you know (trust me to eat a big high fat meal the night before weigh day!)

SAMI- I am so sorry to hear about your church and school - I know that despite this and all the other problems you face, YOU WILL NOT BE DEFEATED! :strong:

You are all in my prayers

Amanda xx

doitforme
09-05-2003, 08:38 PM
I was so far behind, between vacation and getting caught up on all the reading. But I am backnow. I had an awesome vacation. I got back on 9/2 but had to work really early until late most of the week, and this was my first day free. I applied for a new position at work today and hope that works out. I would be working just days 8-4 and have all holidays and weekends off and get a two grade upgrade, so more money, better hours, and less responsibility, I am hoping it works out won't know till aftrer 9/17.
Welcome to all the new encouragers. (Not so new anymore)
Gary - your nephew will do great with you as his mentor. He has had it pretty rough. Gee that fettichine sounds wonderfull. Sami sorry to hearr about your church hope that all works out. Amanda your dinner sounds yummy two, love red wine. Mitchy sorry your date didn't work out, the right guy will come along. Mrs. Hummer- angel-lover hope your both soon feeling better.
Sunny love the pics of your babies. Sorry this is so short it took me two hours to read all the posts, I have to work tom, days, but will be better, now I am back from vacation. Missed you all, and as always your in my prayers. God Bless!

SunnyD57
09-05-2003, 09:58 PM
http://ginascountryplace.com/fall02picgcp.gifWELCOME HOME, SUE ~ I am so glad to hear that you had such a great vacation! And that you just may have a better paying position :bravo: I will keep you in my prayers! Better hours, less stress --- wonderful! Keep us informed.

So sorry the posts are so long... I am afraid some of it's my fault... I tend to go on ~ allot! It's a wonder they haven't booted me outta here already :lol: I am so glad you enjoyed the pics too. I do love to take and share my pictures.

Well, I am going to call it a night. Keep us posted about the promo, okay. So good to have you back!

http://members.rogers.com/gailsgrapevine2/images/graphics/gg_country_angel_1.gif
Good night everyone... sleep well.

SunnyD57
09-05-2003, 10:10 PM
AMANDA ~ Your dinner sounded wonderful!!! I almost forgot to let you know. I was getting ready to sign off and noticed your post. Nigel did well! And you sounded very content, so nice to see. Have a great day tomorrow just in case I don't get a chance to post before I leave for the festival in the morning. I can't wait to go --- the weather is going to be just perfect and Joe & I have such a great time!

Till tomorrow evening,
Good night & think pleasant thoughts.

http://members.rogers.com/gailsgrapevine2/images/graphics/gg_friends_never_fade.jpg

Angel-lover
09-05-2003, 10:30 PM
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/mittelgrosse/medium-smiley-043.gif
Just a quick post...been a long day.

SunnyD...I wonder if you're as energetic in person as you are in the posts!:lol: I can't keep up with you!http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/mittelgrosse/medium-smiley-089.gif You're such an inspiration to me....thank you for being such a caring person, as well as talented! Congratulations on your weightloss!
My website isn't finished yet, due to the fact...I decided, while I was at it, I'd make a few changes. Yes, it was aggravating to get it in a mess, like I did. It was my own fault, though. I've had it for almost 2 yrs with no problems. It'll be a little while, but I'll let you know when it's ready....thanks for asking.

I would like to post to you all individually...but I'm so very tired. Stay that way a lot lately. Gotta go back to the dr Monday. Nurse called, & I have some kind of problem with the lab results from my last treatment. Maybe not anything to worry about. I'm not feeling as well as I usually do after a treatment though.

Good night all...I'll try to post tomorrow. http://members.aol.com/gardenmail/anifromgg.gif

Amanda Panda
09-06-2003, 12:00 PM
Hello encouragers!

Yeaaaah, I lost 3lb this week! I know that I can contribute this loss to going to the gym - it has certainly payed off. I am really pleased and have now lost a total of 8lb in 5 weeks. This 3lb loss was also in the same week that I had my 'blip' and had those two pizza's, so I am doubly pleased as I was all set for a gain.
I am feeling really motivated and positive and now I have made the gym part of my regular routine, I feel sure that the weight will come off steadily.

Hello to doitforme - I don't believe we've met. I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday.

Angel-Lover - I am so sorry that you are feeling so ill at the moment. I hope that your doctor can find out the cause and sort it out soon. Try to stay positive (hard I know) and know that we are all here for you and praying that you feel better soon.

Sunny D- I hope you enjoy the festival and the lovely weather.

Anyway, I'm off to try my hand at card making!

Blessings to you all this weekend

Amanda xx

sami
09-06-2003, 01:34 PM
Hello!
Wow I love comming back and finding all these new Post! Sunny D I love it that you post so often after the wedding I will try to post a lot more often. (sometime it is hard because we only have one computer and all of us want to use it) Well things are really bad at the Church/school there is no Ins because they would not sell us flood Ins because we are not on a flood Plain. They may recover some from the Apt complex because it was thier pond that over flowed (this is the 2nd time this has happen in 8 yrs) my church address is.
Divine Savior Lutheran Church
7315 E. 75th Street
Indianapolis,IN 46256

Please do not feel that you have to send anything! But if you would like to even just send a note to say your praying for them here is the address. I know that prayer changes things because it has made a big diffrence in my life. Thanks for helping me make up my mind on what dress to wear I am so happy to say that the Lord has answered my prayers again! I found a beautiful dress (on ebay) and the color was burgandy/wine it goes so well with the wedding colors! The only thing I was worried about is that it was two sizes smaller than my other dresses. I got it on Thurs (it was funny because the woman I bought it from also works for Target) and it fits Great and looks Great! I got on the scale and I have lost another 3 lbs! And my mother in law is going to wear the pink dress I bought (my dd wouldn't let me wear it because she said it looked like a grandma dress) So my side of the family will all match color wise (the pictures should look good!)

Several have talked about thier family members who have drug addictions. I feel that this is what this group is for to share with each other and encourage each other though what God has helped us through. My Mom was an alcoholic she was a closet drinker so I didn't know what was wrong with her until I was about 18. My brother has drank heavy since the age of 16 (he is 41 now)and he in involved in drugs. He like the other brother talked about is one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet whe he is sober. He had a high paying job and was married with two kids and he has lost everything! His wife took him for everything (she does drugs and drinking and ran around on him) and he started drinking even more so he has lost even what little he was left with. He stays away from me he says it is because he doesn't want to bring the drama around my family I guess that is his way of showing his love for me. Please keep him in your prayers. The Lord could change him 16 yrs ago I told my Mom she was welcome to my house sober (she never drank and drove) but I would not bring my kids over anymore. I didn't want my kids to remember her like that. She got help at the salvation army and has been sober for 16yrs! She is such a blessing in my Life! I prayed for her everynight and the Lord answered my prayers. We are so close and she loves the Lord. Most of you know I also lost my sister she was hit by a drunk driver she also had been out drinking and my oldest brother took his life he was depressed over his life and his wife loved to play head games(my brothers married sisters and both have had thier lives destroyed) So please keep My brother Tim in your prayers. And I will pray for your love one's also. I know that the Lord was with me through all I have been through and he has blessed me with 6 wonderful children that I am very proud of and I want them to be proud of me so I try live my life by example.

Ez-You and your brother will be blessed for what you are doing for the kids. My Dad use to take in this kid who was an only child and parents divorced and spent too much time at home alone. He started comming and spending the weekends with us and all summer after my DD died his mom moved away and he was so angry so she sent him to his Dads. (His dad had nothing to do with him while we were taking him in for 10yrs) He turned out to be such a great kid he now works for the NC police dept. And he always tells me my Dad changed his life.

Sunny D-You just keep on posting! I love it! I get so much encouragement for this group and you are so uplifting to me!

Eisenj-The prayers are comming your friends way. My B-I-L was dating this girl who had just gotten out of jail and she had a friend who was staying with them and the police checked his house (he gave them permission) and they found a box with drugs in it so he is in big trouble for that. The box belonged to the girlfriends friend but was in his house. ( I guess the girlfriend and the friend were both in jail for drugs before so they were watching the house because of them) What they don't relize is thier actions hurt a lot of other people.

Angel lover-I am worried about that white count! You let me know what the Dr. says. My kids school also sent care pkgs to some of the troops. I will send your D-S-I-L a note and maybe after the wedding a nice care pkg. Let you DD know we are keeping her and the kids in our prayers.

Amandapanda-I am glad you are feeling better. Still praying for you.

Mitchypoo-How are you feeling? Maybe you need to go to the dr and get a good check up. I am worried about you because you have had some tough days were you feel really bad. How is your Mom doing and your Dad?

Sherry-I know what you mean about if you didn't have to get up you wouldn't I feel like that everyday! I am really worried about the short of breath thing you let me know what the Dr. says. I am sending up many prayers for you.

Wilma-I am glad your Vac went well. We missed you!

Well it has take over a hour to type this because the phone keeps ringing with people calling over the wedding. To all I didn't address I don't mean to leave you out your in my prayers!

mrshummer
09-06-2003, 02:17 PM
Hello all my CE Friends!!!! :wave:

This thread is moving along so fast that it's hard for me to keep up. :sumo: You know I'm s-l-o-w!!! Anyway to clarify everything that's going on with me for the "newer" CEs, here goes:

I'm 42 years old and very overweight,:pig: (that's why I joined 3fc) and was told last year that I had to get my weight off or I would die. I have been trying to lose and have, but have had many obstacles in my way, and haven't lost near enough. I have been diagnosed with diastolic heart failure which is just a fancy term for my heart has trouble pumping efficiently enough to keep me functioning normal with my weight. When my heart gets behind on pumping the blood through the heart then I become swollen and very fatigued. Sometimes I have shortness of breath, and the only thing that works is lasix and rest.

I was a full time home health nurse, and I have gone part time and now only work Monday-Wednesday-Friday. I did that so I could rest every other day. But being a mother, wife, servant, friend, etc... I always manage to have something I have to do on those off days and I don't rest near enough. :tired: Well, that will have to change.

The Dr informed me Thursday that he believed that I would never be any better than I am right now. He believes now that even if I loose more weight that it's done damage to my heart. He said these episodes that I have where I absolutely can't function is my body shutting down my extremeties so that my main body can still function as best as it can. During these periods of time my oxygen level drops. When I lay down and rest I put on my oxygen and it revives me and helps my heart catch up with it's beating so that theres less blood pooling in my lungs, and lower extremeties. After consulting with two cardiologists he said there is nothing else they can do for me that they aren't already doing. I take meds and need to follow their advise and take my lasix and rest frequently. He told me that he was impressed that I've done as well as I have for so long, espeically to have so much wrong with me. But then, he also told me that I probably won't live long enough to see my little one (age 6) graduate. But, I'm going to continue to lose weight and try my very best to improve things and have faith that GOD WILL SEE ME THROUGH THIS!!!!

We visited around to several churches and have found one that we like a lot. :cp: It's a very small church but very nice folks, and the preacher and his wife are definitely filled with the holy spirit. It just radiates to everyone. My dh is going too and really enjoying it and I have now seen him reading his Bible several times since we started going which is so good!!! The don't have very many young ones but Kelli has a girl and a boy her age and Kaci does too. Kelli is not working right now but busy with the band and the flag corp. Kaci is now reading and the teacher says she is one of her best students. I wish I could say my kids were doing well because of me but I think it's more like inspite of me. :yes:

Maybe everyone will understand a little more about me now. There have been many questions. I will now try to address everyone individually.

mrshummer
09-06-2003, 02:27 PM
Gary, I hope the previous posting helped answer some of your questions. I am taking little steps, and try to make as many forward as possible. (And not backwards!) :rolleyes:

I admire you and your wife taking care of your nephew so well. Hang in there! It's been a hard road for all of you. God is good. That scallop potatoes sounded good!!! But I love potatoes!! But they love me too, you should see my thighs!!! :lol:

Inflation is getting us all!!! We don't have to put up a fence, that's why we live out of town. We don't like to have close neighbors. HEhehe~

Hope your weekend is a good one. Getting ready for any 5K's or such? :jig:

mrshummer
09-06-2003, 02:36 PM
Hey Michele!!! :wave:

I still enjoy getting your devotion every day!!! You are such a blessing to me. You have been so sweet over the months we have known each other. Thank you!!!

I'm like you, the life of a cat or dog . . . . . *dream* . . . . :genie: . . . but I like to be independent too much. To go when I want to go, to eat when I want to eat, to run the house. Did I say that??? :lol: Oh well, the truth comes out!!!

I hope you aren't still down about the guy thing. You know we all love you!!! These guys just haven't been lucky :lucky: enough. Mr Right will come along, when you least expect him. Hey, you may already know him. :yes: For some reason, maybe the timing just isn't right for him. Maybe he needs to dump his girlfriend, or have a better job, etc.. You just hang in there, my sweet friend!!!

mrshummer
09-06-2003, 02:52 PM
Hey Sunny!!! :wave:

I love all your graphics and colors!!! I love to use them too. I have just gotten lazy with feeling so bad that I haven't been using them like I should, but I hope to do better. :sunny: Thank you for keeping things going and being a bright and cheery soul here for us. I know everyone enjoys your posts as much as I do.

I posted a little earlier and told of my circumstances so maybe all could understand what I'm going through. I love nursing and want to continue to work but don't know just how long I will be able to. :comp: I would love to train for something on the computer so that I could make a living doing that sometime if I need to, but I don't know exactly what. I love to create graphics, etc... but don't know a lot about how to do things like that. I wish I knew someone who could teach me.

I know you are excited about going to curves!!! Good luck with it all, let us know how it all turns out!!!! I never did drugs or smoked anything but I sure ate. And ate. And ate.:burger::jeno::cookie: Did I mention eat? I thought I was being a "good girl"! Little did I know there are many many kinds of sin.

Have a good weekend!!!

mrshummer
09-06-2003, 03:06 PM
Hey Sami!!!:wave:

It's so good to see you posting as much as you are. Girlfriend, when is the wedding? How much longer?

So sorry to hear about the alcohol related problems in your family. I too came from an alcoholic background. My dad was a mentally and physically abusive alcoholic for many years but dried up a few years before he died. In later years my mom drank also just to be able to put up with him. She won't leave him, didn't think she could, back then, it wasn't the "thing to do". I will continue to pray for you and Tim and the family. Events of that magnitude can really lay scars on you. I know. ;) You are a strong one too. :strong:

How are you feeling? I know you are working at your job and getting ready for the wedding, but how are you really feeling? Don't wear yourself totally out now. I mean it!!!

So sorry about the church/school!!! Things will work out. I will continue praying!!!!

Let us hear from you when you can, and DON'T overdo it!!!!

mrshummer
09-06-2003, 03:15 PM
Hey Amanda Panda! :wave:

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE THREE LBS!!!! You are doing so GREAT!!!! Working out is a GREAT bonus!!! Keep up the good work!!!:strong:

How did the card making turn out? I have always wanted to get into doing that. I used to make all kinds of crafts and sell them on the side, until my allergies got so bad, that I couldn't tolerate the wood and equipment.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! That dh of yours sounds like a winner. Better keep him!!! :yes:

mrshummer
09-06-2003, 03:31 PM
Hey there!!!:wave:

Eisenj~ I totally understand what you are talking about the addiction to eating. I have done that ALL my life!!! I'm a diabetic and have to eat frequent meals to keep my blood sugar at a steady pace. I think I would be able to do much better if I just could walk away from the food. But we can't. Our bodies are the temples for the Lord, but I believe if we are REALLY trying to do what is right and have total faith in God, that others see that faith in God and we are a witness to others. Even with our overweight bodies.

I am trying to give it ALL to the Lord. You must too. ONLY HE CAN HELP US!!!!!

I look forward to getting to know you!!!!

Angel-lover~Have you heard anymore about your lab tests? I continue to pray for you and the family. This war in Iraq has been so bad!!! I thought things had gotten better cause we don't hear about much these days.

Take care of yourself my friend. I look forward to getting to know you better!!!!

mrshummer
09-06-2003, 06:42 PM
Hey there Friends!!!! :wave:

Wilma~ Good to see you are still here. I sure have missed everyone, but kinda fell in a rut and couldn't quite get out. I would come lurk but with all the postings felt like I couldn't catch up. I remember weekends where I was only one posting. Not anymore!!!! Sounds like you are doing well with the Curves. Keep up the good work!!!!

Sue~ Glad you are doing well. Vacationing again huh? :flow1: I wish you lots of luck with the position. You know if it's God's will, you will get it! Hang in there!!

Hope you both have a good weekend!!! :grouphug:

doitforme
09-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Thanks SunnyD- and Amanda- Nice to be welcomed back.
Sunnyd- Hope you enjoy your festival, soak up the nice weather won't be long and winter wil be here. Amanda- CONGRATS ON 3 LBS- WAY TO GO Mrs. Hummer- I am sorry to hear your still not feeling well, I missed your posts, it is nice to have you back. Angel-Lover- I hope your soon feeling better- your another great pleasure around here you always have a positive thing to say to everyone, and love the posts, so keep them coming! Wilma- welcome back, glad to here vacation went well. Sami- hope everything works out for your church and church family, sometimes a tradgedy like that draws you closer together, will keep you and them in my prayers, your dress sounds beautiful- congrats on your loss to but hope your feeling better soon as well. Eisenj- prayers are coming your way too! I am a bit tired and dinner is ready so I gotta run, catch ya all Mon. My day off! have a great Lord's day See ya!

mrshummer
09-06-2003, 06:54 PM
Well, it's taken me all afternoon to post these individual posts. I know I'm forgeting someone but it's not intentional.

I will say hello to Christian, Zoe, Joanne and Teaki, I know I'm missing you but you haven't posted as late as the rest.

I pray that this site continues to be an inspirational place for everyone and a "haven" to get away and get some peace.

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend, and I will post again when I can.

Mitchypoo
09-06-2003, 11:31 PM
Hello CEers :wave:,

I don't know how but I keep unsubscribing myself to the forum, and tonight i realized it cuz the boards been so busy lately and I didn't get a notice of any posts? :?: I love us being so talkative too but i'm having a hard time keeping up, so forgive me for not posting to all.....

Sherry~Your post made me smile, you are so sweet and I've missed you on here. I am sorry to hear though about your health. I know the dr's have to be frank with you, but you have a good attitude and I hope he is proved wrong and your health improves. It is possible and I know you'll do all you can.

Oh, and since there are so many new people, i'd like to offer a daily devotion that i send out to friends and family (Sherry mentioned it). If you'd like to receive it, send me a PM with your email address.

I worked today, slept this afternoon, now i'm up and afraid i won't be able to sleep tonight.

Sami, thank you for your concern. I think i'm ok, i've been to the dr's lately and my thyroid is in check and the rest is just me i think. If it doesn't improve i will go in. My mother, thanks for asking, is doing remarkably well after her hysterectomy. But i'm not surprised, she's one of those bounce back people, always positive. My dad is getting tired/stressed about having to do for her :( which makes me mad but i'm afraid i'm not surprised.

I'm in a parade tomorrow for the insurance job, passing out candy to the kids! Should be fun. Then I'm going to watch the Vikings game! Can't wait!

Hey, can one of you talented people, find a Vikings graphic? Can you tell me how?

SunnyD57
09-07-2003, 06:55 AM
http://www.sportsfanfare.net/images/small/CD-NFL-MIN-EMB.JPG

MICHELE ~ Here's an image or two for you... I will look for you more later & tell you how I did it, okay. ;)
I really haven't the time now... so much to do before church and all.

You have a good time in the parade & watching your game! ;)
Later...

http://www.sportsfanfare.net/images/small/CD-NFL-MIN-BNR.JPG http://www.sportsfanfare.net/images/small/CD-NFL-MIN-CLK.JPG

So good to see so many posting!!! :) I really do not have the time this morning, but will try to catch up later this afternoon.

Have a Beautiful Sunday Everyone ~ Filled with 'His' peace & contentment!!

God can't stop loving you.

...I have loved thee with an everlasting love:
therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 31:3

Mitchypoo
09-07-2003, 09:07 AM
Thanks Sunny! Those are cool. Looks like i'll miss most of the game today. i have to be at the park at noon and the parade starts at 1. I wonder how many will be there now with this game on. It's a big deal here. Oh well, i'll go and see what happens.

EZMONEY
09-07-2003, 10:23 AM
HI GALS:wave:

I am skipping church today-- OUCH!! that is two weeks in a row. Going down to San Diego this morning to watch my step-D in her soccer game-- I have missed a few lately with the nephew things going on.

Quickly, Sherry, I am so sorry for your health problems-- you have a great attitude though and I know you have heard it many times before but it is true--God works miracles through prayer. I know it doesn't look good-- the doctors told my sister that she would never get to see her daughters reach high school with her lupus-- well they both graduated 4 and 2 years ago, she is still alive , working, etc. I am not saying see is the healthiest thing around but she still functions in our earthly world. My dad was given 3 months to live when his cancer was diagnosed, he lived almost 2 years-- these are just examples of my family. Prayers--BIG TIME!!

Hey you two--MICHELE and SUNNYD-- Where is the LOVE for my RAIDERS? I have a big problem tonight-- the Raiders play at the same time my son's first soccer game of his mens league season-- I will probably stay home:p and watch the game-- my son will understand-- he is a RAider fan too.

Checking out-- if I want to ride with my wife... hey honey wait up:lol:

Amanda Panda
09-07-2003, 01:16 PM
Hi Friends:wave:

Thank you all for the congratulations on the 3lb loss - It's great to have your support through the good times and the bad.
My card making was good fun, although once I got started I realised that I haven't got enough of a range of craft stuff, so I need to go shopping again. I made one card and it was quite good for a first attempt - Nigel is a real perfectionist and kept saying how the letters were not exactly the same size which annoyed me a bit and I had to keep telling him that this is meant to be fun and he was taking the fun out of it! He means well - bless him!

Sherry:- I am sorry for your health problems. I think doctors are always cautious in their diagnosis, but you have God on your side, and God can do anything! Losing weight will certainly help you, and I'm sure it will help you feel better in yourself . Doctors have told me that I am likely to suffer from depression for the rest of my life, but God knows different and I put my faith in him rather than the views of the world. I hope you get better soon.

Blessings to you all this fine weekend!

Amanda xx

EZMONEY
09-07-2003, 07:53 PM
HI LOOOSERS :lol:

Taking a few minutes before dinner to say hi. Angie is making salmon tonight, one of my favorites!

doitformeSue-- Glad to see you back and well. So glad you had a great time on your vacation. I really am praying for that new job you are requesting!! It sounds like it is something you certainly deserve!!:yes: Looking forward to hearing more on it as it happens.

ANGEL-LOVER I hope all goes well at the doctors on Monday for you. Your sil and daughter are still in my prayers for their Iraq ordeal.

WILMA- Must have missed something on the carpool for the boys- are they back in school at the same place? or work? Either way, in my prayers. Have a great week at Curves-- the more I listen the more I hear good things from that place- my MIL is just starting to go to one in her area.

AMANDA Your dinner with Nigel sounds way better than those two pizzas that made you feel so guilty last week! Cool. Happy Anniversary-- which ever one that is.

JUDY Sorry to hear of your mom dying of smoking-- I understand, my mom is still alive and smoking at 67, but she cannot hardly breath a breath, my dad smoked too, I did from the time of 16 until I was 43-- been off for 6 years last month-- I feel so much better. Those kids will pack whatever we bring into the house to eat! It sure seems like the "crappy food" is the first to go doesn't it?

SUNNYD Still waiting for my "RAIDER" emblams to come up:lol: I can talk big right now because as of now they haven't played-- not sure what those Browns did but I know Michele is happy about those Vikings- my Pastor too. Have a great time at Curves!! I am sure BBQ was on the menu this week-end:yes:

SAMI Thanks for sharing your family with us-- my mom drinks a lot too- but never too much to be nasty or drive-- she hasn't driven in 20 years from her health problems. My dad was a mean drunk at times to my mom- verbally that is-- it wasn't pretty around the holidays-- oh, they usually started out good but then... well you now the story, it is the same in every home where alcohol is a problem. Hey-- WOW- on the dress!! Yep, the good Lord is in on this one!!! Oh I almost forgot- isn't the Salvation Army the greatest?! They really helped my brothers and a few friends.

SHERRY Glad to see the church situation is good and that your husband is going!! What a blessing!! Keep your chin up as the days go by-- He is with us all- DON'T EVER GIVE UP!!! we never know what can happen!! Just do the best you can every day!! As I know you do-- and cherish every moment. ((HUGS))

MICHELE- I hope the parade went well for you-- I know the Viking game did. Good to hear your mom doing well, I can understand the stress on your dad-- it gets a lot tougher the older we get, especially when we don't feel well (as most of us can relate to on this thread- from time to time)

Well Hi to everyone else-- post soon.

IN CHRIST- Gary

JoyfulConnie
09-07-2003, 08:03 PM
Hi,
I'm new to this board, but not new to dieting or to Jesus. Nice to meet you all....

Mitchypoo
09-07-2003, 08:21 PM
Yeah! Vikings!!! I missed most of the game but they did really well i guess. [B]The parade was a lot of fun! I'm sunburned and sore. It went fairly quickly, but we had an old-fashioned hand crank tractor pulling a hay trailer and on top was a farm scene and we had boxes and baskets of candy and keychains, pencils, water bottles and Allstate nerf balls that were a big hit! My boss surprised me with a $50 dollar bonus for all our help getting it together. I was really surprised and felt that I didn't do much, but it sure was nice.
Gary~ I missed church today too. Sometimes that happens. Hope you enjoyed the soccer game.
Do you see the theme? I couldn't find gold., this will have to do!OK, have to go lay down. Oh, i had a heart palpitation today when i got to our float and it lasted way too long, like over 5 minutes at least. It was a wake up call again. Tomorrow is a new day, right?

wilma12
09-07-2003, 09:09 PM
I had a wonderful day today - the last day of my holidays. We went to church in the morning - a great time of worship. Then came home for lunch and then out for a game of golf with my family. I didn't do all that well but not bad for an old girl like me. It felt great to be out there doing something and especially being able to spend time with my men. Then we went to our aunts for supper and have now just got home. I still have to get my lunch ready for tomorrow. My Curves mornings are early ones and I like to be prepared.

I am looking forward to being back at work. I have really missed my co-workers and the customers. I haven't missed the stress but maybe even that will be less after my holidays.

Gary: My guys have both chosen to live at home during the school year to save money. They are both going to the same college also. The down side to this is that we live across the city from the school and don't have funds for a third vehicle for them. so, they have to carpool or bus it. They haven't a problem with either because they know that a third car would be all their expense. I am praying that they can work it out. Tomorrow is their first time riding the bus but I'm not too worried about it. They've been busy planning routes, etc.

I would love to address all of you personally but I'm feeling really tired. I hope to have more energy tomorrow evening.

Talk to you then. Good night!

Angel-lover
09-07-2003, 10:00 PM
http://members.shaw.ca/Sunburn_69/angelwelcome.gif Welcome to Connie!! Hope you stay with us.

I don't know if I can keep up....but this is great!!!

First of all...thank you all so much for prayers for my sil & dd. Chris has finally been able to send a couple of emails, & 2 short calls...the first in a long time. Gina received 2 emails over the weekend from Chris(she forwards them to me) He says he thinks he's going to be there a long time. Told her on the phone the other night, that he had made peace with God. I don't feel like he thinks he's coming back alive. Gina asked her sister (they're twins) to go help her get her house all cleaned....just in case .....
She says for them to allow him to call & email this much in this short of time WASN'T a good sign! They usually do that when they are about to be sent into very dangerous places.
Sometimes we can't protect our children from pain.....how I wish I could! Just keep praying....not just for him...for all of them.

mrshummer...thank you for prayers & that beautiful image....if you don't mind I would like to 'take it", just to keep. You posted other beautiful images also. Glad you found a church. Our church is small, also. It just makes us all like family! Hope & pray all goes well.

Thanks to all of you for wishing me well tomorrow at the dr. It is probably lab work....not really finding out anything. I just don't want to go throught that bone marrow aspiration again...I had one about 1 1/2 yrs ago. It's probably just the Methotrexate (low dose chemo) I take once a week that is causing it. It can do that.

doitforme....Amanda....thanks for your very sweet posts. Amanda congrats on the weightloss! http://www.gifanimations.com/Image/Animations/food/apple_1.gif

SunnyD....you're amazing me with all your graphics! I lost a lot of mine when my pc had that virus. Gotta go find more & load.

Hi to Gary, Mitchypoo,Wilma....I'll try to catch up some more tomorrow. ( I'll probably just get farther behind!)
http://members.aol.com/gardenmail/anibuzz2.gif

EZMONEY
09-08-2003, 12:30 AM
WELL-- MY RAIDERS LOST 25 to 20 :( :cry: :cry: :faint: Actually they lost to a better team-- but they were close enough to win at the end-- we was robbed by the officials:lol: :lol: :yes:

Off to bed to drown my sorrows--at least my USC Trojans won on Saturday!!

Welcome-CONNIE

Man those Vikings looked good Michele!

Night, Gary

sami
09-08-2003, 12:59 AM
Hello I am praying that everyone is doing well. I can honestly say I am STRESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just decorated 240 bottles of bubbles and did 14 center pieces ( I thought I had floating candles but I have tea lights unstead) so I had to change what I was going to make Still have 16 more to do. But I have a HUGE problem that is in Big need of Prayers my DD wedding dress DOESN'T FIT!!!!!! I noticed she has put on weight and the dress is very fitted. We bought it a year ago and I had her try it on a couple of months ago because I noticed she was gainnig some weight. It still fit but was tight. She started taking birth control and she has put on weight and her chest (I hate to say this) is so big her dress with a tight corset on won't zip! And this dress has so much beading on it I don't know how it could be altered. Please pray for her she is fasting until the wedding!

I am praying for all. I can't post to each one bed is calling!

eisenj
09-08-2003, 06:54 AM
Hi everyone

Welcome Connie, it is always nice to see another friend in Christ.
Doitforme It's a pleasure to meet you also.

I skipped church yesterday but went to sunday school. I didn't get much good sleep with my sleep apnea. I sleep, but it is not refreaching. When I wake up I am still tiered. I should get my cpap machine this month some time. People I have talked to say it made a big change in their life. No more cloudy thinking or mood swings. They feel alot more energy. I feel like a 90 year old women sometimes. I want to feel good again.

~Sami~ I'm sorry to hear about your daughters dress for the wedding. Take it in to see if it can be altered. My wedding dress I got from a thrift store was two sizes to small ,and they added material. It looked beautiful.

~Angel-lover~ I am praying for your son- in-law (Chris) in Iraq. I bought a card for him at the store yesterday. I know things are geting bad over there. Your daughter needs alot of love a support right now. God please pour your blood on this family surround them with guardian angels. Put a hedge up around them. Wrap them in your loving arms. In your precious name. Amen.

God bless you all

SunnyD57
09-08-2003, 08:21 AM
Good Morning everyone!!! :o Boy-O-Boy...

:dizzy: Do I ever have some catching up to do!! I just do not have the time over the weekends to write. Joe & I have very filled days with his family or our friends or just together (but it's always fun!). We had a Wonderful time at the festival!!! It just could not have been more perfect (I took some pictures, Gary :lol: )!! We got there at around 11:30 and didn't get home till 6:00. Then I had some typing to do for Joe's Church Musician's Meeting this past Sunday, so I got that done while Joe put in a kitty door for the cats to go at will out onto our enclosed porch. This way when it's too cool for us to leave the door open they can go out when they want to. They almost have the hang of it, but Domino is still a little hesitant to go on his own. He is unsure of the little flap/door. http://www.hellasmultimedia.com/webimages/anim-htm/images/abelluikje.gif I had to lend a helping hand when the BIG door was taken down & then again when Joe had to put it up --- Heavy!!! Anyway, that was Saturday. I sure slept well that night!

Then on Sunday after a beautiful morning @ church, we got home at Noon; then Joe left @ 1:00 for the church ~ for his musician's meeting. He got home at around 3:00 and I was home all the while making my birthday cards for the family and putting together Sierra's gift :gift: for the party that was rescheduled for Sunday evening. So that's why I wasn't able to come back again yesterday :( Just too much to do in such a little bit 'o time ;) The cards take awhile to do because Sierra (now 6 yrs old) loves glitter! So it took me a bit to apply it all on her card and then add all the little extras, plus time it takes for the glue to dry... they do take time, but the reaction to the finished project makes it all well worthwhile ~ and I find that when I am doing them I have the time to take to pray for my Dear friends - all of YOU :smug: !!

Now... for me to say hey to you all! I see someone new on the board... yeah!! :bravo:

A BIG WARM WELCOME to you CONNIE ~ I just love your signature! It is always great to see someone new!! I am fairly new too, only been here for 3 1/2 weeks. You will so love being a part of this community... everyone cares so very much for one another! It's wonderful :flow1: Would you mind sharing some background on yourself, Connie?? You know like... married? children? that kinda stuff... only if you would like to. We sure would like to get to know you.

Also, just to lend a hand --- you can find out some backgrounds of each of us by going to the search OR the profile at the bottom of each person's posting... it sure helped me get to know everyone a bit better without having to ask them to repeat themselves too much. It took me a little bit of time reading, but I loved it! I just would go to the beginning of each of their posts and most times that's where we speak a bit about ourselves. As you will... enjoy looking! I hope I didn't overwhelm you. If you need help for anything ~ just ask us... one of us will have an answer for you :)

God Bless!!
Again... WELCOME!
http://www.infernodezigns.com/fall/autsign2_id.gif

mrshummer
09-08-2003, 08:40 AM

I had a good weekend even though I now have a tooth that has absessed. It's a wisdom tooth that I was trying to wait until my dental insurance when into effect on Sept 1 to have "dug out". And then the dental company sent my ID cards without the Drs name and the DDS won't accept it without it, so now I wait for new printed cards. *sigh* The phrase, if I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck comes to mind. :bb:

We went to Sunday School and church yesterday morning but didn't last night. We also got new chickens and a couple of quineas this weekend. :chicken: We got six hens, one rooster and 10 babies. I love life on the farm!!!!

Sami~ Oh, girl!! I know the nerves are over run right now. I promise it will all work out. Take a deep breath. Poor dd, she's probably beating herself up as well. I know how THAT happens! My oldest had lost down to a size 10 before school was out and then gained ?20-25lbs? this summer and NONE of her clothes fit! Her self esteemed took a nose dive! Weight is such a HARD issue. I know I have dealt with THAT problem ALL MY LIFE!!!! :bubbles: 240 bottles of BUBBLES!!!:bubbles::D:lol: How fun!!!! I want to come!!!! Pleezzz!!!! Hang in there, everything will work out.:yes:

Gary~ Sorry your Raiders lost!!! But at least your Trojans won!!! I don't plan on giving up!!!! If I didn't have my Lord though, I don't think I would have the strength to go on. But I do have my Lord, :D:D and I am steadfast in HIS LOVE!!!!

WELCOME CONNIE!!!! I hope you enjoy yourself here. It's a WONDERFUL bunch of Christians that help each other, encourage each other, prayer for each other, support each other, etc... Bring your cares and concerns here and we will pray about them. Welcome.

Eisenj~ So sorry to hear you are having problems with your sleep apnea. I too have that and have good and bad days. The Cpap doesn't work well for me so I sleep with oxygen which keeps my oxygen in my blood as high as possible so when I don't breathe it doesn't drop as low. I had sinus surgery a few years ago which helped some but I refuse to have my throat roatter rooted. :nono: Hang in there! My prayers are with you!!!!

Angel-lover~ My thoughts and prayers are with you, Gina and Chris as you "wait" this all out. I am praying that God will place a protective hedge around Chris and bring him home safely. Tell Gina that you have lots of your friends praying. Remember the power of prayer. :strong: Our church had a little over 50 there yesterday and it was nice. It feels like home to me but I have to wait for my dh to decide to join the church or whatever. He's really enjoying it too. :D I'm so very happy about that!!!!

Wilma~ Good luck with getting back to work. Glad you enjoyed the golf game. Good luck with Curves!!!!

Michele~ Glad your parade went well!! $50 bonus was nice! Hope your week goes well!!!! :flow1:

[color=ff7f50]Amanda Panda~ We are strong :strong: women and we will definitely beat the odds!!!! Yeah, the Dr mentioned he thought I was a little depressed. But he also said after all he told me, I probably would get depressed if I wasn't already. It is just a lot on my platter!!! Have a good week!!!

Sunny~ Hope you have just been busy since we hadn't heard much from you over the weekend. Have a good week. You need to tell me how to include the gifs in the body of my posting. Pleezzzzzz.

Hope everyone has a good week!!!! Start your day with prayer and Bible study, I promise you will feel so much better and your day will go better. Hi to Sue, Teaki, Zoe, Christian, and everyone else!!!!

For some reason, my [ and ] with my codes isn't working this morning. My apologies.

Mitchypoo
09-08-2003, 09:08 AM
Hi all!

I just wanted to say good morning to you all! I'm at work and i'm determined to be diligent in my work today. I wanted to try the induction today, but I can't go cold turkey. I've already had a tortilla, but i'm still watching my eats today and i'm having decaf coffee which is good, the caffeine has been creeping back into my life.

Gary~sorry about your team and yes, i hear that my team does look good this year. Let's hope Moss behaves this year, too.

More later....

Oh, Sami~so sorry you are stressed and will pray about the dress. Your DD must be freaking out, poor thing.

SunnyD57
09-08-2003, 09:10 AM
http://www.infernodezigns.com/fall/autbear1_id.gifAMANDA ~ :bravo: :cp: on your 3lb loss!!!! I am so proud of you for sticking with your workouts even though you had a bit of a set-back... it sure paid off, didn't it! I am so very happy for you!!!!!

And Panda... don't let anything get in the way of your fun, okay. Some people (sorry Nigel ;) ) just do not understand why we torture ourselves with doing crafty things (LOL :lol: ) I too find I get a little twitter-patted with trying something new, but it's fun once you work through it, don't you think so?!? I just love making cards. I have always given cards out to anyone I felt needed a little boost in life or for a birthday and alike, but now I find it so much more fun to make them! Sure... it's a bit costly, but it's also therapeutic! Just think of the $ we are saving on paid therapy! :lol: Enjoy! "Hello's to Nigel" :)

http://www.angelfire.com/in3/missyh2/graphics/autumn/basket.gifMICHELE ~ Yeah!!! For your Vikings!! As far as getting some logo's --- all I did was go to GOOGLE SEARCH ENGINE and typed in Minn. Vikings, search, and got some sites that I could visit... then I just right-clicked on the picture I wanted and then clicked on properties, highlighted the URL code COPY and then PASTED the code on my post with the [IMG] code and voila! Your logo's :) You can do that with any picture you may be looking for. Like for me I typed in Autumn Graphics and was taken to a bunch of sites where I can get these graphics I use... so that's it. I hope I answered your question.

Glad to hear that you had such a good day at your parade! Sunburned, huh... must have been a nice sunny day :) It sounded like allot of fun! Nice colors, Michele! ;) Yeah, for your Vikings!

I must have missed it somewhere that your mother had a hysterectomy done... I know that I sure did feel so much better after mine was done (I was only in my 20's!), but I was so ill at the time I would have done anything to relieve the pain. Your mom will find she will do very well... I sure did. Although, in my case... I was put on estrogen right away and have been on them ever since. It will take some time for her to heal. When did she have it done?? It took me like 7 - 8 months before I came all the way back to myself after my surgery... did they have to cut her or did they do it with laser? If it was done with laser it is a much faster healing time. I hope she feels better real soon!

Mitchypoo
09-08-2003, 09:15 AM
Sunny~she had it done on 8/19 and she is unbelievable, she's getting around very well. She had to be cut because they couldn't do it vaginally, which she was aware took a long healing time. She's off work for 2 months but she was her old self after a week and a half. She's having trouble overdoing it because of it. But she is doing a little and then taking it easy. We(typically) are good healers, so we're lucky. She wants to drive, used to going and doing, but hasn't yet. She can't take estrogen or any of the hormones cuz she's a cancer survivor. Thank you for your concern.

eisenj
09-08-2003, 09:29 AM
I'm back,

~Sherry~ I'm sorry to hear that you have alot of medical problems. I will continue to pray for you.

~Gary~ I didn't know the salvation army had a rehab. It is sad to see so many people on this web who have been effected by those who drank or were abused in some way. I was dropping the kids off this morning ,and started to think of how many of these children are suffering at home. When my son was in second grade. I went in to help the teacher. This little boy came up to me,and begged me to take him home. He was crying and told me he didn't want to go home. I told the teacher and counselor about how scared he was. Sometimes school is the only place they feel safe. Teachers can make a big impact on the lives of these kids. We as Christans have an obligation too.

~Wilma12~ I have a membership to curves too. I'm going to start going again. I'll go today and get measured.

BW 236:sumo:

PW 231:strong:

ShortGW 226 by end of Sept 2003

long GW 146 by Aug. of 2004:dancer:

JoyfulConnie
09-08-2003, 09:30 AM
Thank you, all, for the warm welcome. I hope I can keep up with you all, but I'll do my best as you seem like a loving group, warm and caring.

A bit about myself........ since Sunny asked.......

I am married, almost 22 years. My husband and I both work for the California Department of Corrections. He's a Correctional Officer, and I'm an Office Tech (CDC's name for a secretary). I work for an Associate Warden, so I am always hopping.

We have two children. Megan is 25, and we adopted her when she was 10 years old. She has been our heartache child, and we are currently raising her 2-1/2 year old daughter, Genesy. That's a long, sad story for another day. Richard was adopted when he was 3-1/2 years old. He'll be 21 in November, and is married and expecting their first child in late October.

We live in Northeastern California, on 4 acres of land. We have 6 cats, 3 dogs, 5 chickens, and a goat.

Sunny, I read where you liked to make cards. Do you use rubber stamps? I make cards also, and do other paper crafts.... when I have time and energy now that I'm chasing a 2 year old. Thank you so much for the thought about it being therapy, and justifying the cost! I laughed at that! You are so right. Tonight, hopefully, I'll get the stuff to make my Christmas cards.

I hope I didn't bore you all with my intro. I really look forward to spending time with you all. This truly is the warmest board I've ever found.... and I've been to LOTS, just looking for the right home.

Oh.... and about my weight struggle.... I've been doing it since I was 9 years old, and I'll be 50 in a couple weeks. I've tried every diet there is, I'm sure, and am finally facing the realism that I need to just take one day at a time, forget the bad habits, and find some new ones. I know with God's continuing love and support, I can do this.

SunnyD57
09-08-2003, 09:46 AM
http://www.infernodezigns.com/fall/autimg3_id.gifSHERRY ~ Good Morning! In answer to the GIF's - take a look-see at my post to Michele. I explained it there. Hope you are able to understand, okay. I just love graphics & animations!!

Looks like we were writing our posts together today... I am here, just cannot get on the cp over the weekends. My hubby wants my time and let me know that with a gentle request, so I honor his request and don't go on all that much on the weekends. So come Monday's I am here for the morning answering everyone and trying to catch up ;) :o !!

So you have a bad tooth :stars: OUCH!!! Hope those cards come through real soon for you! My prayers for your health and well-being... keep that chin up girl!

Oh... you have a farm??? I love farms! My SIL had one when Joe & I first married & I practically lived there with them... I helped her watch her 5 boys and would take care of the farm while they went on vacations a couple times a year. Joe & I would move in for the week to 10 days they'd be gone. I helped with their animals & gardens --- just love it! I also helped raise the animal young when the mama's didn't... I had kittens, chicks, a goat & a turkey for a little bit of time till they grew enough to be on their own (not all at one time, mind you). You are so Blessed!

http://www.infernodezigns.com/fall/autimg2_id.gifSAMI ~ I have to agree with Sherry... I can't imagine the anguish your DD must be going through knowing she had gained weight... it is so tough. But this too will pass and all will have gone well, you'll see. I will continue to lift you up in prayer that you will not feel so stressed. What helps me is to take some very "Slow-DEEP-breathes" in and slowly out... it has such a calming feeling. When we stress out, we deprived our bodies of oxygen and it makes you feel even worse... if that's possible. So breathe :^: Soon and very soon, it will all be over with and you will be dancing and enjoying the reception. I wish I could be there to lend a hand... I love doing that kind of stuff. God Bless you and your dear family!!!!

SunnyD57
09-08-2003, 10:09 AM
GARY ~ How's this graphic for you?! :lol: I am sorry that they lost, but so did our Browns (9 - 6) a tough game to watch! Held it at the 1 yard line forever and then never accomplished anything! I wanted to go in there and show them how! Like I could --- NOT! Bummer! But hopefully they will do better... your team and mine. :) ;) Well, at least the Vikings did well for Michele!

Thanks for the "good-luck wish", but I don't start at 'Curves' till next Monday --- that's when they open here. I just cannot wait to go! I have heard so much good about the program!

Believe it or not... we didn't BBQ!!! We were gone too much! And I make sauce (as I usually do) for Sunday's... had some home-made cheese ravoli with home-made sauce---yum :hun:! Joe & I love salmon also... how did Angie prepare it? We love to grill it... so good!

Catch you later! Have a great day! http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/118/031_1530.jpg

SunnyD57
09-08-2003, 10:32 AM
http://www.infernodezigns.com/fall/autsign3_id.gif

JUDY ~ How are you doing today??? I am sorry you don't sleep well... I have bouts of insomnia, but not as often as I use to, I thank the Lord. I use to think that sleep was a waste of time... now it's a treasure! So I know what fatigue feels like. I hope that machine comes soon... I to have heard that it will help. Your body gets the oxygen it needs to fully recoup, so you feel rested in the morning & think clearer. My sister has one and she said it works wonders. She runs a "Day Care" at home, so she really needs the rest watching 12 children during the day. I hope it comes in soon for you!

PS***I had to come back to your note***because my sister is on 'oxygen', that is what is helping her sleep. Sorry, I was wrong. And a BIG OLE Pat-on-the-back for going back to 'Curves'!!!! :cb:

http://www.angelfire.com/in3/missyh2/graphics/autumn/qleaves.gif
ANGEL ~ Dear, dear Angel... I do hope that they are able to help you today when you go in to be re-tested. I pray that it is only minor, and you are able to be helped. Do you take any vitamins? Just wonder if they would help. Maybe you are missing B-vitamins... you could ask, they do give B-vitamin shots. Please keep us informed today... we are all concerned for you.

You have my continued prayers!! As do your children! So happy that you enjoy the graphics... you are more then welcome to them. They aren't mine ;) they are for all to enjoy.

God Bless you!!!

EZMONEY
09-08-2003, 10:43 AM
HEY SUNNYD-- THANKS FOR THE "RAIDER LOVE"!!!

Just have a quick minute before I take the nephew to school-- can't post to everyone until later, just wanted to see that everyone was off to a good start for the week!

Be back after work- IN HIS PEACE,

GARY

SunnyD57
09-08-2003, 11:10 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/in3/missyh2/graphics/autumn/bear.gif

WILMA ~ I hope that all goes well with your first day back to work! I bet your co-workers missed you too. You sound like a very kind person. So glad to hear that you enjoyed your vacation so much and got in that game of golf.

I cannot wait to begin 'Curves' on the 15th... feels like forever away! :o And you won't believe it, but last night I took a fall :faint: and turned my ankle. I was so upset at myself! All I kept saying to myself & to Joe was... "I am starting "curves" in a week! This can't happen!!!" I iced it down right away and put it up and today (other then a bit of a bruise) it seems to be fine. I do have an ankle wrap on it right now. I'll survive, but felt so bummed at the time.

I thank you so much for all the encouragement... I do understand about muscle vs fat and that I may gain a pound or two or look bulky at first, but then after that trial period and all that goes away --- the rewards are great! I remembered from my years at Jazzercise. I just cannot do the stuff they do anymore, but need to work-out, you know.

Hope your day went well! God Bless!!!

ZOE, JANEY, SUE, DAISE, CHRISTIAN, AMY, JOANNE (homebound) & SUMMER (GEMonster) --- We miss you and do hope to see you again soon!!! Forgive me, if I have missed anyone....

God can't forget about you.

Can a woman forget her baby, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb?
Yea, they may forget, yet will I NOT FORGET THEE. ISAIAH 49:15

SunnyD57
09-08-2003, 11:15 AM
GARY ~ You are most welcome! :)

:sunny:

SunnyD57
09-08-2003, 11:47 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/in3/missyh2/graphics/autumn/bar2.gifMICHELE ~ WoW... she just had it done less then a month ago, I am so glad to hear that she is progressing so well!

But I think you may have misunderstood me about the estrogen... I was just mentioning that ' I ' was young & I had to take it. I really didn't think your mom would be put on them. ;) Even if she wasn't a cancer survivor (Yeah Mom!) ~ so many Dr's now hesitate to put women on them beause they cause problem's for most. Not for me though, because I have been on for so long. Take good care of her... You are so blessed to be close to her, I miss my Mother terribly. We both like to do the same things and have such a good time when we are together.

Later... :sunny:

SunnyD57
09-08-2003, 12:09 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/in3/missyh2/graphics/autumn/scarecrow.gif

CONNIE ~ Noooooo, not at all! Is the answer to your question about too much information or chatting... as I was told when I began, "we love chatter here! Chatter on ;) "

So you have a farm as well ;)... pretty close to it if you don't actually have one :lol:. I have always loved animals, when I was little... my world was my pets. They were always there to listen and to love on. I have had just about every animal under the sun - 'so it seems'. Even a pet rat named "Richie" (had him 4 years) & a pet skunk named "Sweetpea" (had her for a little over 7 years). She was the sweetest pet!

I thank you for sharing about you & your family. Sounds like you have your hands full helping to care for a 2 1/2 year old... you and Gary (EZMONEY) are in somewhat the same situation. He's taking care of his 12 year old nephew, Ron (Ron's father, Gary's bother, passed on) & you with your grandchild. You have my prayers!!!

Congrats on the soon to be 'New' Grandchild. I have a niece who is due in late October also :) :cool: Cool! Wouldn't it be something if they were born on the same day?

Boy-O-Boy... I don't know if I would want your jobs, that's for sure. Do you like what you do? Too stressful for me. No wonder you are so tired!!!! It is not only physically draining, but I bet emotionally draining also.

Well... it has certainly been nice getting to know you and I (we) hope to continue seeing you around, making this your home. :D

Have a good day!
Blessings!

PS>>> I forgot to mention my cards. Yes, I do use stamps as well, but lately I have used the Hallmark Card Studio programs and then I embellish them with items used in scrap-booking projects and use the 'Fiskers' scissors to cut the edges all fancy... allot of fun!

SunnyD57
09-08-2003, 12:53 PM
:comp: Just another quick note... please go back and read your post from me again IF you had read it earlier... I went back and added to them as I realized I missed some info. There was so much to take in :stars: after the weekend...

Thanks! :sunny:

doitforme
09-08-2003, 01:48 PM
Big Welcome- to connie- Pray all is well with the new grand baby on the way, babies are so precious
Sunny D- sorry this color isn't very sunny, but hope your feeling better after your fall, twisted ankles hurt so much. I fyou sniff real hard you might be able to smell these. :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :lucky: not much of a boguet I admit. Careful you don't inhale dust if you were near my screen you'd have to sneeze. Hope your ankle is doing much better
Angel-lover- My prayers are with Chris and Gina it has to be really hard having a child there, that is were trustung the Lord really comes in, hope your feeling better, how did your test come out. Here is a bouquet for you as well :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :lucky:
Mrs. Hummer hope your soon feeling better, sorry to hear about your tooth, you have had a rough go of it. but you always keep smiling- your in my thoughts and prayers. :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :lucky:
Sami sorry to hear about your dd dress, pray all works out for her, as if there isn't enough stress,
E.Z. Go Raiders! and Mitchy- Go vilkings hope all is well with you guys, as well.

SunnyD57
09-08-2003, 05:35 PM
http://www.hellasmultimedia.com/webimages/autumn/images/icon044.gif Hello SUE! Thank-you so much for the "well-wishes"... it was very sweet of you. Oh and for the lovely flowers --- cute!! ;) Flowers always cheer me up.

How are you doing these days? Evrything going okay at work after your vacation break?
Wonderful hearing from you! Take Care!

I just got a call from Sue (the Curves owner here) and I cannot get in till Tuesday morning now (the 16th) :( (bummer!) and even then she will not be able to start me on my workouts that day. She wasn't able to tell me "when" I will be able to for sure... I am so anxious. Thus, I have exposed one of my many faults to you all ~ impatience! Just gotta take a deep breath in and chill-out. Angel asked me if I was this energetic all the time - yep! Afraid so. And I am a hopeless perfectionist (note all my edits!)... but am so much easier on others - then myself!
Ta!

doitforme
09-08-2003, 05:43 PM
I didn't finish earlier, my computer froze when I was editing it and then I couldn't get back in, so I waited and now it is fine go figure, anyway before I was interrupted I was going to say!
Judy- My dad is on a c-pap machine and for the longest time He couldn't use it like He should have because it caused a lot of nasal irritation and a extremely runny nose, His Dr. has tried several things with o2 heated humidifier, distilled water, He finally cut the pressure of the air down and it has o2 and a humidifier and he uses alergy pills and two nasal sprays but He can use the machine and now is doing alot better He gets a full nights sleep.
Wilma hope all goes well 1st day back, sounds like curves is really working out for you
Sorry if I missed anyone! The new position I applied for is Client coordinator at the day hab that is right across street from my house. So, I wouldn't have to drive to work, I would go from a Grade 12 to a Grade 14 I would work 8a-4p all weekends and holidays off, and no being on call with a beeper, That would be awesome, I am happy with my job, but this would be great. Will touch base tom. Sunny thanks for your nice comments you are sweet. Sorry about curves! Talk at you all tom. See ya:wave:

wilma12
09-08-2003, 10:03 PM
It's nice to see so many people here. It's so great to have lots of support. I know I really need it. I've been struggling with what to eat and when. I want to eat healthy and want to lose weight. When I went really low carb I felt light headed. I guess I'll just cut back on the carbs and increase my veggies.

And exercise..... I plan to add more walking to my schedule. It looks like it might work out for me to do it some evenings. With my college age kids living at home I don't have the spare time like I did last year when they were both gone. I love having them home. By the way, thanks to those who prayed for them and their travel problems. They actually had no problem with the public transit today so it might work out well not to have a vehicle right now. They can use mine when I don't need it in the evenings.

Gary: I just wanted you to know that son #1 has moved his room around and is in the process of CLEANING IT UP. Son #2 needs more encouragement however. At least they clean up before company comes. We plan on adding a much needed bathroom in our basement so there will be even more cleaning to do. Guess who's going to learn how to do it?:s: How are things going with your nephew?

doitforme: I sure hope that new job works out for you. It sounds perfect.

sunny: It's too bad you have to wait an extra day to start Curves. The wait will be worth it. I still enjoy going. Ask me in a few months when I have to get up early and go outside on a cold winter morning.

Connie: Welcome! I look forward to getting to know you better!

Michele: Keep us posted on how you're doing with your eating. Maybe we can keep each other accountable.

Sami: You poor girl! Not another thing to add stress to your life. What can be done for your daughter's dress? I'll be praying that something good turns up!

I know I have missed someone and I apologize. You are all in my prayers.

Good night!!

SunnyD57
09-08-2003, 10:51 PM
Just wanted to say "Good-night" to everyone. I am feeling better about the delay with Curves, my ankle did get pretty swollen and hurts quite a bit tonight, so maybe this extra day or so will give me time to heal up.
See... ... ... it all works out for the best - doesn't it ;)

Sleep well and many sweet dreams of
a better tomorrow...

eisenj
09-09-2003, 06:57 AM
Hi everyone,

I started back at Curves yesterday. I got measured and weighed. You will not believe it ! They had christan music to work out to. I was very impressed. I'm going today too. I have lost 6lbs this week. Most of it is probably water weight. I know I will met my goal of 5lbs by saterday. My big problem is when I hit the plateaus. I hope you will help me stick with it when that happens.

~SunnyD~ Sorry to hear about your ankle. Do you get a discount, being one of the first member of Curves ,in your area? Our store opened about a year and a half ago.

~Connie~ My sister-in-law adopted four children. Two of them are brother and sister. Their biological parents were mentally ******ed. One just graduated from Dickinson college this spring. The other just graduated from high school. The other to children are bi racial and were open adoptions.They are home schooled. They all are a blessing to our family. They do not live on a farm but they have two huge dogs that run you over.

Got to take the kids to school be back

SunnyD57
09-09-2003, 08:02 AM
http://www.paversnest.com/abby-girl%20graphics/abby-joy-seeds-doll.gif

WILMA ~ Good Morning!

Yes... I know the wait will be well worth it, but I guess what I was feeling bummed about was that the owner didn't really know "when" I could begin even after I signed up. She studdered a bit when I asked her 'when'... I just have to be patient and take it a day at a time. Thanks!

As far as your diet goes... that's what I did & am doing now! I get most all my carbs from 'veggies' & some fruits and "full grained" pasta's or breads when I do have them. It really does work. If you are working out you need carbs... so just make them full grained. I am following the South Beach (Diet) Program(don't like calling it a diet - it's a life style change to me)... I did the first phase & got thru it, but didn't feel well (He called it a cleansing period); then when I got to phase II, where the Dr. brings in the full grained carbs & some fruit I began to feel better... so that's the phase I will stay in till I get this wt. off. Phase III brings in many more carbs then II does, but I want to stay low right now till I lose at least 50lbs. The best part about the diet is that he believes in low-fat (not all the high fats like Atkins) and brings in full grained carbs. Just watch your portions when it comes to the carbs and drink plenty of water & you will do great. I have been losing wt. even though I have a treat on Sunday's with Joe, just a little slower. Gotta have one day, so I don't fall back into my old habits again... I look forward to my Day of Rest (from everything, but the Lord :) ) I wish you luck!! Oh... I found the link to the SBD on the Prevention.com site in case you are interested.

Good luck with your boys too! ;)

Have a great day!

JUDY ~ Morning!

:cp: :cp: CONGRATS ON YOUR 6LB LOSS!!! :cp: :cp: YEAH!! I am so happy for you... doesn't matter how it left you as long as it's gone ;) And of course we will be here when you hit that plateau... aren't those a bummer! :dizzy:

Yes... that is what I was told. That when I come in on Tuesday (9/16 @ 9:30am) to sign up that I will get a $100.00 discount. Instead of paying the $29.00 + the $149.00 I will pay an initial fee of $78.00 if I sign for the year with the check-drafting. So that looks like where I will be going. Then it's $29.00 each month thereafter. That's fine... I just want to begin :)

Have a wonderful Day!!!

GARY ~ Where are you guy?:?:?

mrshummer
09-09-2003, 08:07 AM

I started a NEW THREAD #173!!! This one was getting too long! So, see you on the new thread!!!

:flow1: :cb: :grouphug: :sunny: :flow2: :balloons: