Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-01-2016, 04:22 PM   #1  
Coach & Ex-D1 Athlete

Smile Hello :) My journey as a D1 Track & Field athlete and the way we lose fat

Hi, everyone! My name is Caleb Kruse and I've never joined a forum before because I've never needed fitness help. Being an elite athlete from the University of Oregon, no one talks about fat loss, well...because everyone is in shape.

Anyway, I recently graduated and retired from track where I found myself helping my family and friends to lose fat and get in shape. The funny thing (actually sad thing) is I didn't know that the most basic knowledge, and probably the most important thing we should know how to do, is to be healthy right?! I mean, what is life if we are dead or suffering every day???

I saw person after person that had similar stories, they don't know how to lose the fat, they workout all the time but don't see result, they try and follow these crazy diets but fall off and gain the weight back, etc.. I makes me so upset to see people struggle this much on something we should have learned from birth!

Being in a program where all my friends competed at the 2012 Olympics and the last Olympics in RIO (which some of them brought back some gold too!), the truth to this subject is the foundation to being an athlete. I mean, these are the basics that were taught to us the first day, and being in an environment like that, I guess I didn't realize how many people didn't know these basics!

Anyway, I'm sorry I blabbed on about that, it just makes me sad. I joined this forum and looked for a few others where maybe I can help someone on their journey. Not running anymore created a kind of hole, where maybe I can fill it here by helping someone.

I'd love to give my email out, but the first post said not too because of spam. I don't know how forums work, is there messaging or private areas? But I'll just try to reply to people's posts I guess. Still new to the whole forum thing.
Caleb Kruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 06:25 PM   #2  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hey and Welcome!!! There are many people on this site who would benefit from your knowledge. Sadly you are correct, many people do not understand the basics because they have been fooled (including myself) by the hundreds of rubbish marketing money making ploys out there. For me in January I went to go and see a counsellor about stress management and it really helped clear my head of all the rubbish. I then got on My Fitness Pal and took a long time to learn about what I was eating, how I could improve it, Where I was going wrong. Things were going well, and slow..... then a friend told me to start learning about MACROS, start looking at the type of food I am eating instead of just the calorie content.

He then introduced me to GrenadeFit and the owner Jamie Alderton who has really helped me see through all the BS and see the basics!

Luckily I understand it all now, but there are so many people who are lost and still doing things wrong.

I hope you can help out some people on here. Maybe stick around, read some of the other parts of the forum, maybe start a new thread on each to offer services to anyone who would like some.

Thank you!
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote