Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 09:25 AM   #1  
Ready to Offer Support!

Default TFL Week of Aug. 25, Thread #2

Hello, all!

lala and Melissa - Thanks for making me feel welcome after my long absence. It feels great to be back in touch with you fine ladies! Melissa - kudos on getting out there for the morning walks. Like you, I am determined to get into an excercise routine that will help get rid of those stubborn pounds. Lala - can't decide whether I am more jealous about the lovely clothes in size 8, or the upcoming trip to Paris. Both sound lovely!

Domina and Seasaw - I haven't seen the new materials, either. I might make some time in the next few weeks to go to a meeting and check it out. Would probably be a fun way to "mix" things up and get some extra motivation - a new program is always kind of interesting. Domina - good luck with the new job!

Annex - Welcome! Tornado warnings the first week of school?! Yikes. What a way to start the new school year!

Things here in Texas are same as usual - HOT! Ninety-nine degrees yesterday, with a heat index of about 108 when you factor in the humidity. DD (9 yrs.) has her first soccer practice this afternoon. Yikes!

Any suggestions for good low-points casseroles? DH is a stay-at-home dad/husband for now (did I mention that the Austin economy stinks right now?) and is on KP duty. He is very supportive of making OP meals, but has limited skills. The most successful evenings have involved WW recipes for casseroles where all ingredients just get thrown together in one dish. We have had success w/ Chicken pot pie, Skillet lasagna, and Enchilada Casserole. Any other good, easy, OP recipes out there?

(Does the new system still track points? If so, I guess on-point (OP) is still a good term to use?)

Have a great one, ladies! I am off to start today's on-line journal.

AustinGal
Old 08-28-2003, 01:30 PM   #2  
si, si signora

Hi ya everyone!

I think that the WW cookbooks have the best ideas. I know I really like this ground turkey breast, onion, taco seasoning, corn, salsa, cheese (evil) and pasta thingie that we wolf down. Portion control is a problem in my house.

I also have a great black bean lasagne recipe from the same cookbook that you could all make together, freeze and take out of the freezer as needed.

Jamalaya is good and full of veggies. Use turkey sausage to bring down the points.

As for the size 8, remember two things, miz austin, sizes are er, more generous than before and I should be a size 4. So, I'm a pudgy size 8.

Susan, welcome back.

Annex welcome.

did you all know about my new policy? Those clothes that I buy for special occasions (not hootchie mama cocktail dresses), but nice skirts, heels and shirts -- they are no longer going to trapped in my closet. I am liberating them and wearing them to work. I am tired of spending money on clothes that fester. This goes for makeup too.

I kind of like it, though the dog asked me to not wear my mules with the narrow heel near his long floppy ears.

lala
Old 08-28-2003, 01:53 PM   #3  

lala: Love vour new clothing rule. I instituted a similar one a few years back. I know what you mean about the clothing sizes. Before we left on vacation, I bought two skorts, size 5. I am not and never will be, a real size 5. Seven I would believe on a good day, 8 maybe most realistic.

Austingal: A great big welcome back. Did you move into a new home several months ago? I recall seeing photos, but I may be mistaken about identity. Anyway, I really don't envy your temps - my Canadianness coming out, no doubt. Re low-point casseroles, have you tried Cooking Light - either the magazine or the website?

Melissa: Just keep doing

what you're dong and the scale will co-operate.

Domina: Congrats on the new job and the higher salary. Yes, golf will take care of the extra $$s.

I know I have missed folks. Forgive me - I'm not ignoring you, it's just that I'm not familiar with this computer or keyboard. I'll be more attentive when I get back home.

Servus!
Old 08-29-2003, 02:56 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

I'm looking forward to the long weekend, although it will be a busy one with the fest. Monday will be spent doing laundry and hopefully a little bit of relaxing!

I'm pleased with how I've been doing with keeping my journal and the walking is coming along. Once I get back into the routine I'll be fine and I'm sure those extra pounds will disappear. It's just a matter of sticking with it and focusing on what I want.

Anyone have any big plans for the holiday weekend? Have a great weekend!
Old 08-29-2003, 02:57 PM   #5  

Height: 6'0"

Welcome back, Austingal. I have some great recipes. If you give me a fax number, I could fax them to you.

Lala, your comment about your dog really made me smile. Now did you have to go and burst my bubble by saying clothes are bigger?? I'm wearing a size 10 and some size 8's (never before in my lifetime). Oh, boo!

I have often lamented that office attire has gotten so sloppy. I have some really nice clothes and never really get to wear them much, except to church.

What are you doing for the holiday (at least in the States)?

We're having a cookout tomorrow with some friends; I hope the thunderstorms stay away. Monday I think I'll go to the beach as hubby is working.

Old 08-29-2003, 05:52 PM   #6  

I got the wake to attend on Sunday and I got the burial on Monday

for those that don't know.. my Uncle passed away on Wednesday
Old 09-01-2003, 02:36 PM   #7  
si, si signora

Annex,

My condolences to you and your family.

lala
Old 09-01-2003, 02:41 PM   #8  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

I'm back from a weekend of cleaning, cursing cleaning and feeling a bit well, better for doing the cleaning. Honestly, I think that DP's ancestral home could be used for a 60's movie thingie. In fact, a movie was recently shot there because of it.

Anyways, I feel a bit better, we did some cleaning that desperately had fallen from the way side, but I think it will take six months to get that house into flylady shape. However, the weather was great, the fog moved in the evenings and it made it chilly.

My eating suffered, darn that great berkeley bread! however, we were plenty active, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

As for the rest of the weekend, curtain fabric shopping, ottoman fabric shopping, a bit of work, meeting a friend to look at her wedding location and then vacuuming up the dog.

Domina -- I want to go to the beach! Have a great cookout.

Melissa -- I hope you get some fun in on Monday.

Susan -- Have you gotten back into the Nova Scotian groove.

Everyone else, hiya.

lala
Closed Thread