South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-05-2016, 07:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekend Beach Chat 11/5-11/6

Welcome to the weekend!!!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 07:54 AM   #2  

Thanks to training this week I have a three day weekend whoo hoo!!! The class was very good. We had a retirement dinner last night in the Bronx. During the evening one of the big chiefs wanted to pick my brain about the training program. We chatted, but suggested a formal sit down to discuss after I am settled in. A sad day for the NYPD yesterday losing another member. I made a wrong turn on my way home last night and drove by the street where the shooting occurred. Got a lump in my throat. Guess today's agenda will include getting my dress uniform in order for the upcoming funeral. Today I am staying home except for one errand. I plan on making Shepard 's pie (SB compliant) and unstuffed cabbage. My blood work was normal so I'm sure work and hormones are coming in to play.

Debbie you certainly have a great way of getting your to do's done. Mine seem to stay to do's lol

Ruth I wouldn't mind a Michelle. She sounds fabulous!!! Not just for her work, but seems like a really sweet woman.

Pearlrose glad you are getting your walks in during the conference. Way to crowded too drive in Las Vegas. Do you have time to get any sight seeing in?

Beth I sat with John's wife and another woman last night. Both are teachers. This time of the year is very busy for your profession. Im sure you are counting the days to Thanksgiving break.

Well I guess I should get motivated. Although lingering in my Jammie's is so nice and doesn't happen nearly enough lol. Have a great day!
Old 11-05-2016, 08:10 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome back, Jennifer. So sorry you have lost another of NYPD's finest. I am getting more nervous about travelling south of the border but will probably get over it after this election ruckus abates.

Lately I am a great fan of jammie lingering - a result of Dr Jack telling me I need to relax more. Yesterday my cousin Lisa dropped in for coffee and was most surprised. She claimed she didn't know I slept. This morning I woke, showered and dressed before 7 - so there! Lisa brought her dog Angus for a playdate which was just delightful. My two furries are still asleep.

Not sure what today will bring and like it that way for a change. I do have to go out for a tin of coffee and make a quilt binding and financial report for Monday's quilters meeting but that's it. I'm sure I'll manage to "put in the time"!

Clocks go back and hour tonight. It'll be nice to have slightly brighter mornings but sunset at 4 pm is not so good.

Hope your weekend is great.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 11:26 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Got home at 1:30 a.m. this morning and got some sleep in and now I have the task of unpacking and need to do a grocery run as well and cleaning the house, back to normal. The good news is I didn't gain any weight on this trip, yeah!

Jekel I just got to walk around a bit yesterday after conference ended before our flight left, we took the monorail to go around Las Vegas, so glad to leave, Vegas is just not my cup of tea. DH had a blast though.

Ruth, I am still in my jammies as we speak but need to get a move on lol

Beth hope you have a good weekend

Debbie I saw pictures on fb of all the gravel in front of your place, how long did you say this construction would last?

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 02:40 PM   #5  

Pearlrose I didn't like Vegas either when I went. The Grand Canyon, Red Rocks and the Hoover Dam were impressive. The older I get the less I like being in crowds. Might be a side effect from my job lol
Old 11-05-2016, 08:59 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening.

Jennifer, tough day for you. Thinking of you;hope you had a good day off.

Pearlrose, glad you got back safely and good job on maintaining your weight!

I'm in Rochester for the state science teachers conference. Learned a few things today and trying to make good food choices.

Enjoy the extra hour tonight, chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:56 AM   #7  

Good morning

Beth you can go to Wegmann's!!! LOL when we had a conference in Fairport we met at Wegmann's for breakfast. I love that store and wish we had one here. Enjoy your trip.

Ruth were you able to sleep in? If your pups are like mine they don't get the concept of an extra hour of sleep.

Up early and planning an indoor ride. I love this time of year, but the wet leaves makes for slick roads when cycling. Later its off to Joe's as he is only home for a few days before his next hunting trip (must be nice two trips this month) Last night I was a lazy lump and it felt good. I must admit I am a little proud of my Shepard's pie. I used two separate recipes from Kayln's kitchen and modified them to my liking. I also made a batch of unstuffed cabbage. Managed to freeze half of each. My freezer is finally getting back to having meals on the go.

I got a really sweet text message from my brother George last night. Even though the NYPD Sergeant who was killed is not from my department, we all mourn when we lose one of our own. Thank you for your thoughts.

Time to finish my second cup for the day and get moving. Happy Sunday make it a funday!
Old 11-06-2016, 08:07 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Well the cat decided he wanted us up and knocked over stuff from dresser so to wake us up. Managed to sleep until 5:30 a.m. despite him. Got up and did yoga, vacuumed, put another load of laundry in and made breakfast. Now I can relax for a bit.

Jekel I relaxed with my girls last night and DH went to Monkeys concert. I could not hang with going out again. Thinking of you during these difficult times

Beth hope you are enjoying the conference.

Have a wonderful day everyone
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:02 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Gorgeous pink and blue sunrise this morning - one advantage of the time change is making coffee and enjoying the view. Lately it's been pitch black at 7:am and will be again in about a month.

I did not do much yesterday although the bed got changed and I ironed the sheets as a special treat. I'd almost forgotten how although I do iron my pillowcases. When I got married back in the 60's, I used to iron the hubby's cotton boxer shorts! Didn't save the marriage so I should not have bothered, right?

Rose, I can't imagine going to a Monkey's concert! I would definitely not take my hearing aids. Despite my hearing loss, some things just really hurt my ears. Leonard Cohen is about all the excitement I can take.

Yes, Jennifer, our hearts do go out to you when you lose one of your officers. I cannot imagine doing your job, especially these days. I am praying the election goes well with no problem for either side. I won't get into a political discussion but I am sure glad to live in staid old Canada.

Beth, I've never been to Rochester. Is it an interesting city? I need to expand my horizons a bit and have Air Miles ready to expire.

I wonder what Debbie is doing today - besides working. I do wish I had that lady's energy and enthusiasm.

I think I'll channel Debbie today and focus on things I ave let slip so I can start the week in good shape. I still have not made binding for the quilt I finished piecing and a financial report is due for tomorrow's quilters' meeting. Planning our Christmas party is on the agenda. Scarey to think it's that soon! And we start Christmas lights in the Park mid-month which means I'll be doing the Saturday evening Christmas Shop schtick at the Town Hall.

Methinks I need to shift into 5th gear!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:13 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Well Ruth called me out, although I was getting here anyway. I am headed out to work on a new bed today. It's where I will plant potatoes next year. Weather is still gorgeous. DH is chomping at the bit so if I want help I must go.

Jennifer, sending condolences to NYPD. It was heartbreaking to hear the news. Take care, always, I say.

everyone else!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 02:24 PM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi friends! I've missed you and missed checking in. Life...back from Europe, then my birthday then my BIL's wedding in Maine. Then, laziness. I need to change my ticker!

Back on Ph1 tomorrow - and I am going to start going to the gym in the morning 3x a week. I need to get over using this chronic illness as an excuse and just go move.

I hope everyone is well and I look forward to catching back up with you!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote