Old 10-31-2016, 09:40 AM   #1  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default ~*Delicious for Christmas 2016 Challenge!*~

Welcome to the Delicious for Christmas 2016 Challenge!

Guess what, you gorgeous gum drop penguin? It's 8 weeks until Christmas! Say whuuut? Time for another of my spread sheet challenges! For any newcomers - welcome! Please read the rules below to find out more about this challenge.

This challenge…is the hardest challenge of the year. To get to Christmas you have to face Halloween candy, Thanksgiving madness and Christmas treats galore. I know in my family the entire month of December is a treat yo’ self extravaganza, so please only join if you are going to be dedicated to staying accountable towards Christmas.

For this challenge, BE REALISTIC! Are you aiming to maintain or lose? Set your standards a little lower for this one, because it’s good to enjoy the holidays with family, but it’s also good to not go overboard and remember you have an overall goal in life to achieve! One helping of food is enough! So let’s support each other in these trying months and make sure we feel proud by the time 2016 is over and we can say hello to 2017 feeling confident and ready to face the new year!

Here’s the aim of the game…lose the most percentage of body weight by Christmas and sit in your living room on Christmas morning in your PJ's and feel healthier and happier than ever. The challenge will run from Monday 7th November to Sunday 25th December, winners will be announced on Monday 26th December and awarded shiny badges to include in their forum signature! Check them out:

Let's Keep This Simple! Please Read These Rules!
  • You can join this challenge at any time up until the final week of the challenge!!
  • ~~>Click Here to view the Spreadsheet!<~~
  • Enter your Username, Starting Weight (at the weight you are at NOW), which forum you're joining from (20-Somethings or Chicks up for a Challenge) and scroll to the right and enter your Goal Weight.
  • The rest is all filled out automatically by the spread sheet monkeys! Don't worry, they get plenty of bananas.
  • Week by week enter your weight on any day you want between Monday and Sunday.
  • Be sure to have your weekly weigh in on the spreadsheet by Sunday, because I make the charts on Monday. In the spreadsheet when the column is labelled "WK 1 8/31", that means the week BEGINS on the 31st August NOT the particular day you have to weigh in!
  • Check back in to the thread and I'll publish a weekly chart to show who's dominating over us all.
  • If you want to take a break from weighing in then right click the cell for that week and select "Insert Note" (definitely not a "comment" because these won't move with your username if new members join the spreadsheet!) and add your reason for not weighing in.
  • If you don't weigh in for more than 2 weeks without a noted reason you will be moved to Standby. Come to the thread and opt back in if you want to re-enter the challenge.
Optional before and after measurements challenge! Read below:
  • I've included a tab on the spreadsheet to enter your measurements! Measure yourself at the beginning of the challenge and at the end to see how much you shrink! -->Access this optional sheet here!<--

That's it!* A huge part of this challenge is the community support, so please use this thread to talk to each other and update us on your progress. It’s less about just saying “today I weigh ___” and more about actually communicating with fellow sexy candy panda’s and talking about your life and all its ups and downs. Think of this thread more like a chat thread rather than just a place to post weights. We're here for you on your road to awesomeness!!

*FAQ
  • Can I change my Goal Weight once the challenge has begun? ~ Yes!
  • There's a - mark in my cell for a week, but I know what I weighed! Can I change it? ~ Yes! The more information you can put in the better.
  • My weight changed during the week but I already entered my weight, can I change it? ~ OF COURSE! I always like to use my lightest weight of the week and that's perfectly acceptable to change a weight as the week progresses.
  • The chat thread for my forum is dead...can I talk in a different thread? ~ Absolutely! The 20-something thread is the most active in these challenges, please feel free to drop by no matter how old you are. We honestly wouldn't know the difference even if you're not in your 20's!

Enter your starting weights now and the challenge begins November 7th!!

Last edited by Riestrella; 10-31-2016 at 09:49 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:56 PM   #2  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

YASS!!! Bring it on!! I have 2 days to pull my life back together after the weekend of takeouts lol then I will weigh in properly on my Wednesday weigh inns.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:07 AM   #3  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Welcome back, Scots! Will be great to have you around to chat to Thanks for continuing to check in and keep me company here!!
Old 11-01-2016, 01:07 PM   #4  
Determind Member

I would be talking to myself in this place if you weren't around

Plus! You have some family to wow this Xmas and I have some big goals to blast past and get into the 19st something I am also battling with the in-between sizes just now for my hips, when I measure around my butt and the top of my thighs which should be your "hip" measurement, I am a uk 18/20. But that doesn't count my tummy which I need to squish into trousers/jeans (so I wear a 22). So my plan on this challenge is to be able to fit into a pair of size 20 jeans easily without being scared of splitting the seems My size (UK) 22 jeggings are always falling off of me (probably because I have no butt to hold them on), but when it comes to actual online measurements, I am still covering 4 dress sizes on ASOS just now with each part of my body shape lol a 20/22/24 and 26 lol Darn those big boobies.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

I'm in I have a vacation the 4th to the 14 of December and I'm **** bent on losing
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 02:02 PM   #6  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Scots - Haha, the feeling is mutual! My rule is to keep running the challenge in the sub-forums until there's only 1 person left at the end of the challenge - then I remove the challenge from the forum. I used to run this on the 30-Something forum and the 100 lb Club, but those got cut too. Might soon be only Chicks up for a Challenge that's left!
Oh no, I won't wow anyone this Christmas, I just hope to get back to the weight that I was when I left England! It's Christmas 2017 that I hope to wow some folk I feel you on the weird clothes sizes. I've got huge boobs so tops I'm always a size up than the size recommended for my waist measurement.

skittles - Welcome back!
Old 11-03-2016, 10:46 AM   #7  
Determind Member

Clocking in at only .3 away from my lowest. My fitness pal progress chart looks like a heart monitor, up, down, up, up, down .

I set myself my goal on the spread sheet after looking at everyone elses there are some big targets out there for people, good on them, I hope they reach it! I weighed in yesterday at 286.7 and my target for xmas is 277 9.7 lbs If I hit that goal I will of lost 46lbs which would be soo amazing I can't even describe it.

However it will weigh me in 4lbs behind my goal for the year which I would love to catch up on but not completely hooked up on it. So there will need to be lots of walks the next few weeks and some core building on the agenda.

I also go away in 10 days to a cabin that we go to every year in the middle of no where with no signal, but it has a little complex with a pool and gym which are free to use for us. I think I will take that opportunity to go for a swim most days and hit the gym and get my walking steps up. Really hoping that this week away will kick start a better loss for the month. I wish I had some of those smart fitness watches which could track the calories I burn, it would be so much easier to judge what im burning.

Hope everyone is starting this month well?

skittlesfirehawk Sometimes a little spark of motivation is what we need! Good luck! keep us posted

Riestrella Why has this place died so much so quickly? is it too optimistic to assume everyone has lost all their weight and living their lives healthy and looking amazing? I completely understand that peoples lives get hectic and they don't always have the time to pop in and say hello, but even some of the weekly folk have went AWAL. I'd like to think that if I hand around for long enough, people will start to come back again, I might do some recruiting in the introductions page to bring people back into these parts of the site lol. When it comes to Clothes and sizes, I think I will always be a bigger size on top than on the bottom, I think I'm ok with that. I just need to try and reduce the size of my tummy so that my upper half can fit into the one size lol.

I made myself a chart because I'm chart mad! That has on it the measurements from New Look (British Store). Every month when I take my measurements I move the ticker from each body part down to show what size I am in that part of my body according to New look Sizing
Old 11-03-2016, 11:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Scotsgal, I think a lot of people are now posting on Facebook sites. They are becoming more and more popular. I sometimes worry about some of the people I posted with for a long time when they just disappear abruptly and I have no way of contacting them to see if they are OK. They start to feel like RL friends after a while. I can think of two who never came back after having surgeries. That's scary.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 04:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 316/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello there, everyone!

I'm a 30-something here to crash the 20-somethings party. This is my first time doing this challenge, and I'm super pumped to join you folks.
Blicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 04:31 PM   #10  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

We're approaching week one for our challenge! Are you ready?! Here's a list of things I want to tackle in the near future:
- Only eat oatmeal for breakfast on days when I run
- Start eating 1 slice of bread instead of 2 for lunch (with the intention of eventually cutting out sandwiches, but I need to work on this slowly)
- Stop eating in front of the TV and sit at the dinner table, I might have to do this every other day before stopping completely
- Start 10K training

I said I would start my 10K training on Wednesday, but I've been pushing it back for some unknown reason. I think finishing my project that took a month of my life made me feel I deserved a break?! Either way, need to snap out of that mentality!

----------------

Scots - 0.3 to go! You must be excited! I'll be happy to see the 160's again, even though I hated being in the 160's for years! Haha.
I know, some big goals! I do warn people, but still good to see people setting a solid goal for themselves. I always want to either reach my next mini-goal or enter a new decade. I think I could get to 165 lbs if I make the changes I listed above. Wanna get back on track and then keep on going to my ultimate goal!
Enjoy your trip!
I know, right? The 20-Somethings forum was THE busiest place. It's so unusual to see it so quiet, I'm kind of sad about it really. I've met some great people here. I have a couple of people on facebook. Dottington and kisskiss are doing really well - they look fantastic and are at their goal weight or close to it. rainbowstripe seems to be doing well, but I need to check in with her. I think life got busy for her after she moved. Not sure if you remember kawaiicandie? She suffered a huge heart attack this year, she managed to raise a lot of money for the medical bills and I think she's ok. I know she's not happy she has to give up a lot of the things she loves, but she's alive and I think thankful for it. She definitely said the only plus was the weight loss!
Same, I naturally have a large chest so I'll always need a bigger size there. I can't wear blouses for obvious reasons, despite really wanting to! Haha, that's so funny, I used New Looks measurements as a guide to clothes sizes too! I don't make charts for measurements anymore but I used to, I've gone all digital now (because I got so lazy, haha!)

Wannabe - Oh no, that really is scary. I remember there was a girl who was so cool, she was super supportive and so full of energy. She was doing Insanity along with me and she reached her goal, which was amazing, but then she left and I really miss her posts! I should've got in touch and asked for her facebook or something, but alas .

Blicca - You're absolutely welcome, age is a state of mind!
Old 11-04-2016, 08:06 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 92/88/60 (Kgs that is)

Height: 1.65

Hello everyone!

I was too late to join the Halloween challenge but I am definitely up for the Christmas one! I've been invited to a few weddings next summer and definitely want to feel more comfortable dancing around than I did this year.

I just want to say thank you to Riestrella for running these challenges
Nanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 11:55 AM   #12  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Yay! I'm in 😊.

I feel terribly that I haven't been getting on here as often, and am missing out on personals and supporting people on the thread. I often have time to read responses and type in a quick update, but James is super active now and then I feel guilty for ignoring him, even if it's for a minute. new mom problems.

Just know that even if I don't respond to all posts, I am still reading and here with you guys, and I'm so so impressed and inspired by all of your hard work!

Update: my weight has been all over the place the past week. My body fat is down 1% (but I'm up 2 lbs weight wise) and my water weight is up 2%! I feel super bloated, and generally not great. My weight as of yesterday was 213.4 (it was 211 a few days before). I'm focusing on the fact that my body fat is down, and hoping the water weight will work itself out eventually.

I would love to be in onederland by the end of the year (a lofty goal).

Things here are good, I just finished retiling our fireplace. it was a complete mess, and the wood around it was pulling up with rusty nails sticking out. Rather than just fix the wood, we decided to do it right and make it really nice I think it will look great once I grout and caulk it. I love doing creative projects, I need to get my studio set up again and get to work!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:46 PM   #13  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Nanu - It's been a long time since I've been to a wedding, I jokingly tell my boyfriend that when we have a wedding ceremony I'm gonna just jump out of this weight haha! And you're welcome! I love running them.

clay - It's funny because I'm rewatching Malcolm in the Middle and I have a feeling if you have more that guilt will fade Remember to take time for yourself too, don't feel guilty. He's not gonna take it personally at this age after all . But, obviously, you're super busy so I completely understand not having time for personals. Especially when they start stacking up! It's funny that we're all very focused on the number on a scale, when really there are all sorts of measurements that are more accurately portraying our progress! Definitely focus on that body fat and water weight is easy peasy to shed so you'll be fine there. I think if you really tried you could totally make onederland. But, it'll happen in time, if not this year definitely next year! Oh wow, can we see a picture?
Old 11-04-2016, 01:14 PM   #14  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Riestrella: I'm trying to remind myself that feeling guilty about not being able to do everything at all times is essentially guilting myself for not being superhuman. Sometimes I drown in it a bit but I'm trying to remember (esp. When it comes to weight loss) my mental health is just as important as my physical health.

Once I get the fireplace grouted I can definitely put up a couple pictures. Before and after should be a pretty big difference!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 04:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

friends!

I'm in!

Rie, I've missed being part of your challenges as I find them incredibly inspiring! Of course I'm also one of those folks who has gone MIA I took a break when you took yours from the challenges, and then the Skinny Pumpkin Challenge came up mid-summer. I had to hold back when you returned as I'm notorious for signing up for several challenges at one time and half-a**ing it through all of them.

Glad to see you are well and still enjoying hosting challenges for the rest of us. Oh, and you look stunning in your profile picture. You always look so fresh and happy!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote