Old 10-16-2016, 12:04 PM   #1  

Smile Exercise Goal

There was a time when I was working out regularly. Life got busy and then even busier and not only did the working out stop but my eating completely feel apart.

Yesterday I did some healthy cooking, which made me feel better. For me, all of this weight loss is mental. I've realized that I do best when I feel good about myself no matter what I weigh. So, I want to get back to working out regularly because it makes me feel good about myself when I know that I've tried.

I'm a full time graduate student with a full time job and a part time job so sometimes I have trouble making it to the gym and managing my time.

I want to make a commitment to working three days this coming week. I just wanted a place to say it out loud, so to speak, and make it an official commitment.

And I feel like there's a forum somewhere for goals or something. I'm new and still figuring it out.

Thanks!!
snackyreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 02:38 PM   #2  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Hey there snacky, I now what you meana bout "putting it out there".
What's your favourite type of workout and what do you love most about it?
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 05:08 PM   #3  

Hey now! I've been doing crossfit. I haven't been consistent though. I like AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) workouts the best. It's where you have a list of movements and their reps and you do them all as many times through as you can in a given amount of time, like 9 minutes or 12 minutes or whatever. I like them because I like to see what I can get to. And it always feels more do-able than doing 5 rounds of something. Depending on the movements, those 5 rounds can take me 45 minutes but with an AMRAP I already know how long I have to work.

What about you?
snackyreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 06:25 PM   #4  

Hey snacky, one thing I've found is that setting specific goals for each day helps a lot. You can say: "I'm going to make sure I get 10 minutes in every day", then it becomes a habit. Even if you just stand up and walk in place for 1 minute 10 times throughout the day you've met your goal---and it's still a conscious choice. It gets you in the groove of realizing subconsciously that you're capable of meeting these goals (2 minutes 5 times a day, or 10 minutes once a day, etc). Psychologically you're stimulating the rewards of exercise as being tangible. Then you aren't telling yourself that you have to block out a huge chunk of your time to meet your goals (which makes it a thousand times easier to excuse yourself for), you are just giving yourself tiny achievements with regularity that can be built up so that you look forward to your little breaks. I'll set timers on my phone/microwave---I'll even bounce around to music or run in place while food is cooking in the microwave. With your favorite exercises from crossfit, you can build a 30 minutes a day routine into your life by just picking one and doing it for 10, 5, 2, whatever minutes every few hours, and eventually you'll be inspired to work out longer for that random space in time. Some people are super organized and can wake up a 1/2 hour earlier every day to make sure that they their workouts before they do anything else. I'm not one of them, so I've adapted to ensure exercise is something I don't lack 100%.
turquoisebolo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exercise, goals, positivity, support, time management