Old 10-05-2016, 08:24 AM   #1  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Default 10 Days In the Life Boat #180

Welcome to the latest segment of 10 Days In The Life Boat.

This is not a "challenge" but a place for accountability to ourselves and support from our fellow rowers. So, what is your plan for this 10 day segment?

Grab an oar and join us doing our best to not fall out of the boat and get wet. We need to meet our goals to stay dry.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:26 AM   #2  

I'm going to try these again - again.
My 10 day goals will be small steps.
1. Try to plan ahead meals for each day.
2. Before I snack (truthfully - binge!) ask myself "Are you REALLY hungry?" and "When did you eat last?" If the answer is not "Starving" and "More than 4 hours ago", I need to find something to do because I don't need food.
Old 10-06-2016, 04:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/323/199

Height: 5 ft 5 in

I'm also taking small steps for this week.
My goals are:
1. Walk 5000 steps a day
2. Plan low calories meals out before hand so I dont get stuck eating salad everyday.
RubyLeprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:51 AM   #4  

Lost 5.6 last week. I know if I track my WW points I lose.
Yesterday was perfectly dry. Today I smiling as I row.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

j-ann AWESOME rocking that program - go you rowing not swimming excellent loss this week

Rubyleprechaun I am sooooo Over Salads yeah ok they are low calories
but I dont eat burger buns/much bread any more so tend to do lettuce leaf to hold the burger together so even burgers like a salad!
good luck with the low calories meal planning

Phae1963 avoiding fast food - that is a hard one somedays - I have one set of rules - these are my never break rules - never drive through and no eating in the car. If I must have takeaway and not on way home we eat at a park and play afterwards now - has made a big difference or bought and taken home - meals may be cheaper when getting extra but if only after the burger the best option is just the burger as not tempted to eat in the car like chips..
I to eat ones like blueberries strawberries and grapes are great along with carrot sticks - put into a plastic container with a lid for when at destination if any left chill until drive home....

its been that time of the month and have a cold which makes this following my program hard - But will do it
had a few to many brownies this week - at least it was homemade low sugar ones and inside my WW points -
not doing that for the rest of this segment

so
going to eat more fresh fruit n veg getting
keep drinking water
keep to WW points
get WW fit points!

think I am still rowing okay practice is going well
weeknights /Tuesday classes back on track as school term again next week
dancing next Friday at a rest home dance demo and go over a couple moves. as more able body ones can try this

finding time to rest is the hard part some days feels like always on the go go go.....................................
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 04:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/323/199

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Yeah I'm off the boat completely. I cant consistently walk 5000 steps. Its pretty depressing because there are people out there walking 15,000+. I have been doing better at the meal planning but then I ruin everything by accepting a fresh doughnut from work. But honestly, can you blame me? She literally just made it for me. How can i say no to that?
RubyLeprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 310/305.4/unlimited goal

Height: 5'6"

Hello!!

J-Ann: That lose is awesome! Looks like your plan is working for you.
Ruby: I prefer to have some variety as well. Planning is key for me too. Don't get discouraged - you know you can do this.
Phae: I have had to put my credit card in the backseat where I cannot reach it to get out of the habit of stopping for fast food. It has worked so far. Karencat's suggestions are good! I need to set some rules for myself..I am just not there yet.

I joined WW to add some structure to my weight loss. I am now under 300 for the first time in quite awhile. I am so happy. I know I can do this 10 days at a time..I know I don't always get a chance to post, but this thread really helps me quite a bit. It does not seem as overwhelming when I think of it in terms of 10 days at a time...

I hope you all have a good up coming weekend!
Opine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 07:56 AM   #8  

Sorry I've been absent. In the water more than out.
Old 10-16-2016, 07:58 AM   #9  

STOP

Head on over to slip 181 where we'll board and venture out again on a new leg of our journey.