Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-26-2016, 03:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 317/*tracker*/165

Height: 5'9

Cool New User with 150lbs to lose.

Oh man ... seeing that title makes me cringe in more ways than I can put into words but ... the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

So here I am. I'm about to embark on a weight loss journey of 150lbs. I think journey is far too small a world for this endeavor. But, my wordsmith brain cannot come up with a better word yet. So it stays!
On October 4th, I will begin using Optifast through Kaiser Santa Rosa's Medical Weight Management program. So far everything about this program has warmed my heart and energized me. The main person I've spoken to is so kind ... and the ladies that check us in are so friendly!!! I am super excited to get started.
Now ... if only that day would get here. IN the mean time, I've started drinking their shakes every morning to get into the routine. However, the rest of the day tends to be a complete trainwreck so ... I have to get that reeled in.

In other parts of me, I have Wegener's Granulomatosis which is a form of Vasculitis, an autoimmune condition that goes after the small and medium blood vessels. One of the life saving medications of said disease is Prednisone, aka Devil's TicTacs. Take them and suddenly you are ravenous. You cannot eat enough food no matter what you put in your face. If you eat normal, suddenly you're shaking and unable to function.
It's the worst drug ever.

I was always a thin, athletic person growing up. But in my late teen's I became obsessed with weight loss and started starving myself. Then, I somehow was able to get over that on my own and started eating. But, I was always a person who could eat whatever I wanted so I wasn't careful and the weight started to climb. I've been over 200 lbs since I was 20 years old. I am 36 now and it is time to change. I want to be back into my old body.
I don't need to be rail thin. I just want to be able to get out and hike, and do all those things that this massive body prevents me from doing!
So I am excited to be here, on a forum where I can meet like minded people!
I have a blog that I also write and that is where I document each and every aspect of this saga. Both the good and the bad. Because eeverything isn't always sunshine and rainbows.

I am looking forward to meeting you all!!!

nikkinicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:08 AM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkinicole View Post
Oh man ... seeing that title makes me cringe in more ways than I can put into words but ... the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

So here I am. I'm about to embark on a weight loss journey of 150lbs. I think journey is far too small a world for this endeavor. But, my wordsmith brain cannot come up with a better word yet. So it stays!
On October 4th, I will begin using Optifast through Kaiser Santa Rosa's Medical Weight Management program. So far everything about this program has warmed my heart and energized me. The main person I've spoken to is so kind ... and the ladies that check us in are so friendly!!! I am super excited to get started.
Now ... if only that day would get here. IN the mean time, I've started drinking their shakes every morning to get into the routine. However, the rest of the day tends to be a complete trainwreck so ... I have to get that reeled in.

In other parts of me, I have Wegener's Granulomatosis which is a form of Vasculitis, an autoimmune condition that goes after the small and medium blood vessels. One of the life saving medications of said disease is Prednisone, aka Devil's TicTacs. Take them and suddenly you are ravenous. You cannot eat enough food no matter what you put in your face. If you eat normal, suddenly you're shaking and unable to function.
It's the worst drug ever.

I was always a thin, athletic person growing up. But in my late teen's I became obsessed with weight loss and started starving myself. Then, I somehow was able to get over that on my own and started eating. But, I was always a person who could eat whatever I wanted so I wasn't careful and the weight started to climb. I've been over 200 lbs since I was 20 years old. I am 36 now and it is time to change. I want to be back into my old body.
I don't need to be rail thin. I just want to be able to get out and hike, and do all those things that this massive body prevents me from doing!
So I am excited to be here, on a forum where I can meet like minded people!
I have a blog that I also write and that is where I document each and every aspect of this saga. Both the good and the bad. Because eeverything isn't always sunshine and rainbows.

I am looking forward to meeting you all!!!

Hi

Good luck with your weight loss journey... I need myself to lose 88 lbs from 248 initial weight. I am 28 years old and that's my heaviest and I can't anymore. I am trying to get pregnant and it won't be healthy for me or the baby to stay that fat... We should keep it up and make sure we value any loss even if it is a single pound per week it is still - and not a +. This morning I been told that my metabolic age was 43 and me that didn't reach 30 is just a horrible thing to hear, in fact it is even written black on white ... I am in UAE and the treatment is free here also the visits are private between me and dietician and Doctor, no group of people which I would have loved to be a part off! But at least I will see her every Monday and will have a real follow up. We can do it, we must do it and as my husband said NO ONE can do it for us.

Good luck to us! Please keep in touch for motivation
Lighttemptation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 106kg/ 99.6kg/ 60kg

Height: 157 cm

Hi! I empathize so much with what you described in your post. I'm new here too and I have 100 lbs to lose. It's overwhelming! Just the thought that I will need 1-2 years of calorie restriction seems very daunting. When I was young until my mid-thirties I was active and a normal weight. After 4 babies (which I will never regret... totally worth it) and prescription meds for a chronic illness, it is very difficult to lose weight. My meds make me feel hungry and lethargic. I feel the same way you do about wanting to get back into my old body... or nearly there...I'd be happy to be a weight-loss buddy for you! Sounds like we have a lot in common.
LittleCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 317/*tracker*/165

Height: 5'9

Thank you both for your words. I also have a chronic illness and do not want to ever be in this situation ever again.
We can do this. We will value every step no matter the size. Positivity is where it is all at! Negativity can drag everything down.
Let's do this! It's going to be a very long journey but with the right people, anything is possible.
nikkinicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 106kg/ 99.6kg/ 60kg

Height: 157 cm

Couldn't agree more!
LittleCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/210/130

Height: 5'5

Hi little cat, I would like to have a weight loss buddy and get about 100 pounds off. If u are interested pm me & we can exchange emails.
lasttime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
optifast, weight loss