Old 09-25-2016, 08:04 AM   #1  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Default 10 Days In The Life Boat #179

Welcome to the latest segment of 10 Days In The Life Boat.

This is not a "challenge" but a place for accountability to ourselves and support from our fellow rowers. So, what is your plan for this 10 day segment?

Grab an oar and join us doing our best to not fall out of the boat and get wet. We need to meet our goals to stay dry.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:06 AM   #2  

I'm going to try these again.
My 10 day goals will be small steps.
1. Try to plan ahead meals for each day.
2. Before I snack (truthfully - binge!) ask myself "Are you REALLY hungry?" and "When did you eat last?" If the answer is not "Starving" and "More than 4 hours ago", I need to find something to do because I don't need food.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 310/305.4/unlimited goal

Height: 5'6"

Hello!

I am in the boat! I am committing to 30 minutes of exercise a day. I like these 10 day goals because it does not seem that overwhelming. Without everyone here I think I would be a hopeless mess and I would have already given up.

Wishing everyone the best this week!

We are stronger than we think.
Opine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 03:22 PM   #4  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Monday and Wednesday I'm doing aquajog. I've got to remember to eat regularly to keep from getting low blood sugar issues. I'm also going to try to keep stress to a minimum.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Hi, I'd like to join in! My goal is to do 5 workouts in this session, and remain binge-free.
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 02:03 PM   #6  

I'm swimming again......Damn it!
Old 09-29-2016, 01:16 PM   #7  

Thanks Phae!

I'm rowing my a$$ off today. (I wish) Still in my seat and through the worse part of my day - breakfast to lunch. I know it's crazy but I struggle from 11 to lunch. No. I'm NOT hungry. It's when I run my errands, so the dreaded Dunkin and BK/McD's and the "opens's at 11" Little Ceasar's, which has a drive through call my name. Today, with the help of a "No FF!!!" sticky note stuck to my dash board, I got stuff done with zero extra stops!

Goog job limiting the size of your order, Phae.
Old 10-01-2016, 07:40 AM   #8  

WooHoo! Still in my seat! I've met my goals 2 days in a row!
Old 10-02-2016, 09:10 AM   #9  

I got splashed yesterday but I'm still in the boat, not in the water.
I slipped on the "Are you really hungry?" goal once but, though my choice was not good was able to adjust and stay w/i my daily WW points.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:36 PM   #10  

Lapse or relapse? Good one Phae! Thanks. You posted that just when I needed it!

Today was a BIG lapse but I'm declaring it over as of right now. I hit the water hard this afternoon. and I'm ready to haul myself back into the boat before you guys drift away. I'll be sitting in my seat, dry and rowing hard before sunset.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:42 PM   #11  

Hey all, so busy I keep forgetting to post. I've been okay with eating, but not exercising. Weight loss has slowed to a crawl. I'm not quite ready to say it's a plateau... Anyway, I know this segment's about done, but I want to get back in the boat with exercising daily as my goal. Let's go!
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:00 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Rowed so hard last week dropped my oar and kept paddling .. J-ann swinging back round to pick you up

rowing at a better pace this week as over did it last week and was exhausted - sword training on Monday -30 day abs fitness challenge on Tuesday and a total gym workout for toning still to do Today's ab challenge then Walked 14,500 steps Monday 15,500 yesterday going for the same today - take the aqua joggers on Wednesday and Thursday where I work... I use the time my girls are swimming to walk

So focusing on a few things - eating within my points (a WW Member too!) Drinking 1.5 litres water per day about 6 glasses more then that I loose too much fluid and get cramps in all sorts of places... and end up craving chocolate.
doing toning exercises 3 times in a week - two days so far (not counting ab challenge) then one to go

have set little rewards for meeting these goals and have a little tick chat for making it happen

thought I would share
this little gem I discovered that makes for a nice afternoon / morning tea or breakfast
MUG MUFFIN - as opposed to the revoltingly high pointed chocolate mug cake

Ingredients
1/3 cup rolled oats or your favourite low sugar /no sugar cereal / or 2 weetbix (wheat-biscuits)
1 egg
1 very ripe (described as manky) banana
1/8 cup skim milk
1 tablespoon cocoa if after chocolate -- this comes in as around 7 smart points on WW - just use egg white to make 6 leave out cocoa for 5
add berries fresh or frozen is fine

stick all in blender - we have a bench top one blitz then pour into a mug microwave about 2 -2.30 minutes
if berries were frozen might need 3 minutes (oh and its based on a 1000 watts microwave)

enjoy with a low points beverage for a fulling afternoon tea... by using the extra points on the cocoa powder gives it a chocolate flavour with out being too sweet

anyway weight loss to-date started at 331 pounds (150 kg )... down to 251 pounds rounded up (or 113.7 kg)
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:23 AM   #13  

STOP

Head on over to slip 180 where we'll board and venture out again on a new leg of our journey.