Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-22-2016, 01:42 AM   #1  

Default Newbie who needs support with weight loss journey

This is my first post😊
I am 23 and weight is about 245, height is 5'2. I have always been on the plus size even as a child but now it's starting to affect my health. I used to drink soda all the time but a few months ago I stopped drinking them as much and have one every once in awhile. I drink mostly water but I like my junk food. I think I enjoy my food way too much lol
What helped you lose weight? And how did you kick the food cravings?
corrinam92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

For me, getting rid of diet soda was huge. No question, it was affecting my blood sugar. After being off artificial sweeteners for a few months, I needed to control my real sugar intake. After that, my bread. Bread and sugar make me physically hungry and cause me to crave foods. If I keep them out, I don't have cravings and I'm less hungry.

Right now, I'm in more of a maintenance mode, but I definitely have more weight to lose. Life has just been getting in the way of my motivation to keep my bread down. Maintenance, however, has been easy. The secret for me has been to keep in mind it's not the fat I eat, it's the carbs.

My exercise consists of trying to get 10,000 steps in 5 days a week. But when I'm in real deprivation mode (i.e. no refined carbs at all), I find exercise very tough. But for me, weight loss has always been more about what I put in my mouth than how much I'm moving.
Treasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:03 AM   #3  

hi!! Im a newbie too and weight 206 lbs (well this morning 204.4 ) im 28 yrs old and was a chubby kid as well.
I cant control myself over juice and soda so i cut them out completely otherwise i cant have only one.
I make myself a protein smoothie in the morning with real fruits and after i drink only water. My boyfriend and i dont even buy soda because we would drink it all.
I have a bread addiction as well so for a few weeks no bread in the house for us..
Where are you from?
MarieMendis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 04:23 PM   #4  

I'm from san diego and you?
corrinam92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 06:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 124

Height: 5.5

Wow! I am so overwhelmed by all of the support that I received from you all when I posted about how I was struggling to keep this up. You are all so amazing...I can see that this forum is going to be what gets me to my goal. Thank you all

The one thing that was amazing about all of your support, was that everyone gave me different ways of thinking about the weight loss journey. I think that THAT would be a great question of the day!

Daily Question: What is your weight loss/heallthy living "mantra" that keeps you on track? What thoughts keep you going?

Mine is what my mom always says. Short term pain for a long term gain! She told me that one all throughout my life, not matter if it was braces, school, or anything in between!

Breakfast: Cheerios and Milk, Peach cup
Lunch: 1/2 fat caesar salad, large orange
Snack: mini light Babybell cheese
Dinner: turkey shepards pie, oil and vinegar dressing salad, 1 homemade avocado brownie

I am officially done eating for the day. I will make sure that I do pilates tonight too

Good luck everyone!
NinaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

I still have craving but not as bad. When I do I give in that time and then go back to eating right. I did have a problem giving up pasta. But I changed out to spaghetti squash or thin sliced cabbage 1/2 cooked// You an do it
Davisag is offline   Reply With Quote