South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-19-2016, 06:51 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday September 19 to Friday September 23

Wow! September is ticking away very fast! Seems like we just finished August.

Did make it to town yesterday for a minor shop and finally ditched my loose change collection to the tune of $120! The auto teller won't accept coins so I have been replacing the Mill deposits with a cheque. All the quarters, dimes and nickels more than covered my small grocery order and I got money back.

I did intend to finish the prize envelopes but Karen dropped in mid-afternoon and stayed for dinner. It wasn't a late night so I headed to bed early and found myself wide awake at 5. It's still darkish outside and we have a very heavy fog. I feel like going back to bed but ...

A hectic week ahead so I'll jump right into it - after another coffee!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:13 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

I will join you with coffee, Ruth, and thanks for getting us started!

Just my usual. chores and work. It's warmish out. Think I'll head back out and enjoy some morning.

Take care everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:29 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Went for a walk this morning, it was a bit foggy but not bad at all. Today is wfh day have several conferences callls and then have to take DD2 to her Ortho appt. Yesterday was nice, did go see DS hockey game and then we just did stuff around the house.

Ruth I have a spare change piggy bank as well but DD2 tends to dip in there for soda change lol

Debbie glad you made big bucks yesterday I bet your areas is beautiful right about now.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ruth nice score on the change!!! I too have a collection of coins. I keep them in a 5 gallon water bottle. I almost can't lift it!!! I call it my vacation fund. Today would be a good day to start putting them in rollers, but too many other to do things.

Pearlrose glad you enjoyed the game.

Debbie kudos on the big tippers!!!

Technically I am off but spend several hours of my morning fielding work stuff. Busy day of Intel as you can imagine. It is rainy here so my plans to be outdoors are squashed. I think a little quality time in Kohl's might be nice. I think I need to replace my magic bullet. It is starting to smell like burning rubber when I use it an the motor seems slow. I definitely got my money's worth out of it. Years of daily smoothies have taken a toll lol. Otherwise just staying home and OP. I indulged way too much this weekend.

Happy Monday
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:21 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening chicks!

I rarely have time to post in the morning before work; does that mean I am unorganized?? Coffee and packing lunch is my priority. Anyway, after I came home I had a few business calls to make and did my workout. I try to make that another priority.

Ruth, nice score on the change! I can't believe how warm this month has been. Makes me think of the year DS1 was born (tomorrow is his birthday). That month was crazy hot as well and right after he was born we had our first frost.

Jennifer, I broke down and bought a Vitamix a little more than a year ago when it was a special deal. I am really glad I did since I have used it for grinding nuts (which I use to replace bread crumbs on fish and chicken) and making nut butter. I should probably try some soups in it this winter. Are you feeling better from the bike accident? Stay safe.

Pearlrose, I wish I could walk before work but it's not very realistic and soon it will be too dark in the early morning anyway.

Debbie, hooray for a lucrative day! Chores and work is my norm too.

Have a good evening, chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:13 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Good morning. Early start this morning and that's a good thing! I packed my car last night with all the Fair schoolwork entries and will get the deliveries done this morning, I hope. This week is jam-packed and I am doing a show and tell with one of my friend Ron's American house guests. She's a quilter and wants to brain-pick after seeing me working on a quilt while at the Mill.

Yes, Beth, mornings will soon be way to dark to walk. It's after six right now and still pitch black. The dogs are back in bed, of course.

Rose, when are you going to visit our Tammy? She's near State College, PA, right! Give her a hug for me.

Jennifer, I am so worried about all the bad stuff going on down there. You be very careful, please.

Debbie, you have so much energy and get so much done. What do you do to relax?

Just realized I need to do something about the beef stew I need to make for our Friday night music festival and also prep a meal or two to have in the freezer for my daughter's visit which is one week from tomorrow. I'll pick up stew veggies when I am on the road this morning. It's a three day recipe so I need to get with it. But it's still pitch black out there and seems wrong to start the day. Another coffee will help.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:57 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks! Just a quick flyby on my way out.

Jennifer, I indulged a bit too much this weekend as well. Trying to stay OP and drink extra water. Be safe!

Ruth, I was just thinking it would soon be stew weather. I think tonight may be a grill night.

Got to run! Have a great day everyone!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:25 AM   #8  

Good morning,

Quick fly by for me, getting ready to head into work. Have lots of meetings on my agenda for today. I will have to stop outside walks shortly as well as it will stay dark to llong.

Ruth hope you get everything accomplished today. Jennifer is the one who is actually getting to meet Tammy

Jennifer saying prayers for everyone in your area right now

Beth hope work goes well, I have managed to stay op but just maintaining so need to kick it up a notch still have 10 more lbs to lose.

Debbie hope you have a great day

Have a great day everyone

Last edited by Pearlrose; 09-20-2016 at 08:55 AM.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:35 PM   #9  

Sometimes I wonder which is worse mental exhaustion of physical exhaustion lol. I think mental wins. The past few days have been unique to say the least. I am anxiously counting down the days to vacation. Will be nice just to get away from reality for a few days...and see Tammy

Beth I am lacking in the working out department this week. I see people on my way in to work running in the dark. I'd be the one to fall in a pot hole lol.

Pearlrose great job on your weightloss journey. Will 10 pounds get you to your goal? Think of all the positive changes you have made. The 10 pounds will come off too

Ruth I bet my mom would love to see your quilts too. She really enjoys it. Tomorrow is her sewing bee as she calls it. They meet once a month, or maybe it's every two weeks, and bring a something they are working on to hand sew. She has her regular quilt group too. I am pretty good at sewing a button on lol.

My arm is still a little stiff, mainly my tennis elbow that won't go away is really quite annoying. My thumb has a bruise and apparently so does my butt lol. Thank goodness I still have some padding which cushioned my fall. This week I am just going to concentrate on eating properly. I won't get any riding in next week, but plan on getting early morning or early evening walks in while at my mom's. It is really pretty where she so I plan to soak it all in

Enjoy your evening.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:37 PM   #10  

Magic Bullet is sending me a new blade/top. I took apart the bottom last night and thoroughly cleaned the inside. Amazingly no smell and it worked perfectly this morning. Yeah!!!
Old 09-21-2016, 05:56 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Good morning and Farewell to Summer! It sure was a long, hot and dry one. The Farmers Almanac says we should expect a cold and snowy winter - a normal thing here in The Great White North. Been awake since three - my body seems to think 6 hours of sleep is enough. My brain should be put into a jar on the dresser for the night.

Got all the schoolwork and prize envelopes delivered yesterday except for one school that won the participation trophy which is still not engraved after being taken there at the end of July. I'm hoping it's ready this week so I can finish up this task on Friday when I go to town for a haircut.

Stay out of trouble today, Beachies.
Old 09-21-2016, 08:52 AM   #12  

Good morning,

WFH day for me, I went for a walk outside this morning it is only dark for about 10 minutes of my walk right now so not too bad yet and it wasn't too cold when it gets below 57 degrees I like to work out inside. I seem to have caught the head cold that DD2 had last week, hopefully it will go away soon. DD2 has art this evening and nothing else on the agenda.

Ruth glad you got almost everything delivered yesterday, I enjoy the arrival of fall and I am thinking we are due for a snowy winter this year.

Jekel glad you are not too banged up, and that your bruises heal quickly. 10 lbs will get me back to where I was (lowest here) and 19 total will put me at the goal I have set for myself to maintain, I started my head back in the game, serious to try and lose weight back in July of 2015 and have lost 47 lbs that I had gained back over the years.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:57 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Peak of the Week!

Good morning!

I did not even get here yesterday. LOL. It was my early day at work and my plan was to have everything ready so I could run in for a shower, the car, go over to my Rolfing appointment and then drive directly to Glenwood. It worked. I got here about 7:45 PM. My girlfriend Pat had gotten here about two hours earlier and my sister was 15 minutes behind. We all met up at the pool for a nice soak and a round of people watching. It was a beautiful evening! Stayed up late, slept in and now it's that wonderful moment with coffee!

The day will just unfold. I know we are meeting my sister at the hospital for lunch at 11:45 and will be at the pool at 9 AM for opening. The in between's are yet to be filled in. I'm sure we will accomplish a few small projects and have some downtime, too.

Have a great day!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:03 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Hey! My Autumn Croci are in bloom! They must have heard me crab about them the other day!
Old 09-22-2016, 08:23 AM   #15  

Good morning,

Another wfh day for me which is good because I am sneezing my head off, supposed to go in tomorrow but will need to see if I am better don't want to spread germs around. Have several conference calls today and that is about it. DD2 and I are working on her Halloween costume already.