Old 09-14-2016, 01:47 PM   #1  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

S/C/G: 365/284.2/200

Height: 5'9

Default Went shopping in my own closet :-)

I have a closet in my guest bedroom where I have a tendency to keep clothes that don't fit. It's become the Don't Fit Closet. Over the years, it seems that I've been adding more to the Don't Fit Closet than to my actual bedroom closet. Well, now that I'm down about 50 lbs, I decided to revisit the Don't Fit Closet and OMG, so many things fit now. I'm elated!

I felt like I was going on a shopping spree. Today, my entire work outfit is from the Don't Fit Closet. Last night, I actually had to transfer some of the larger clothes that were in my bedroom closet into the Don't Fit Closet because they are falling off of me. I plan to donate them to Goodwill.

Fitting back into some of my smaller clothes feels so good. I have been struggling a little bit with some type of body dysmorphia and I haven't bought any new clothes since I started my weight loss journey in June, but the process of pulling clothes out of the Don't Fit Closet and seeing that they actually do fit has really helped me believe that I am smaller, even if I don't always see it in the mirror. Wow, there are so many lessons to learn on this journey. I'm enjoying the trip so far.

Last edited by SweetEpiphany; 09-14-2016 at 01:48 PM.
SweetEpiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 07:10 PM   #2  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I'm in a spot where I have to take up my present clothes before I can go shopping in my extra closet.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 09:09 AM   #3  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Aww wow that's awesome!! My mum tells me that she can see my weight loss (-31lbs) but I can't see it at all, I said that It would take me fitting into some old clothes be able to see it. Due to this I do have a small pile of clothes that I loved so much that I never threw out, Can't wait to get into them. Until then I have been sewing all my old clothes to be smaller lol.

Well done!
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 10:48 AM   #4  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

@SweetEpiphany that is wonderful!

I think most of us have that secret stockpile of clothes we love we wish we could get back into. I can't wait to be at the stages where I have to take things in or can try things on again (I am just at the things are not skin tight, just a bit loose).

keep up the good work everyone!
lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 262/262/155

Height: 5'5''

Oh my! Congrats!
I wish I would be at that stage...
But my coat feels loose and looks better on me. It's a step on the right direction at least.
Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 317/*tracker*/165

Height: 5'9

I can't begin to find the words I want to say to you! That is awesome that you got to shop in your "Don't Fit" closet. I have a problem with getting rid of clothes when they don't fit. So, when I do start to have successful weight loss I won't have anything smaller to put on. I'll wait until I have to buy something more than one size smaller but ... I will have to shop.
I am so proud of all of you!
nikkinicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 316/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Wow, what a great idea! You've inspired me to start my own Don't Fit Closet.
Blicca is offline   Reply With Quote