Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 02:16 AM   #1  
missaprylj

Default #198... And Things To Do!

Hi Everyone-

The other general thread is getting kind of lengthy. Thought I'd take it upon myself.... lol.

Well, school starts Sept. 2nd (I'll be a sophomore in HS for those of you who don't already know.) I am TOTALLY unexcited. School = pressure, stress, annoying immature people to deal with day in and day out... blah blah. *BUT* I am 100% committed to enjoying it. I'm forcing myself to MAKE these be "some of the best years of my life."

One good thing about school starting? It is SO MUCH easier to diet because I have a schedule/routine. Not as much going out to eat, no more frequent sleepovers, (a.k.a. pig out fests) etc. etc.

How are you?

Old 08-27-2003, 10:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

Default Re: #198... And Things To Do!

Quote:
Originally posted by aprylcadabra
One good thing about school starting? It is SO MUCH easier to diet because I have a schedule/routine.
i find this is true of work, too. i tend to slip on weekends, but i brin gmy lunch to work and do really well on weekdays.

gotta run~ late for work, heh!
Old 08-27-2003, 02:57 PM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Harley Davidson's 100th birthday is this weekend, as a result my area is full of bikers. Weeeeeeeeee! The parade is Saturday, from the Zoo to the lake, should be something to see.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:40 AM   #4  
missaprylj

No doubt.... last summer I saw former governor Tommy Thompson in my town during his annual bike rally thing... I was quite proud, and no one believed me until they saw a picture of him on the press in front of the building we were at the next day!

Old 08-28-2003, 11:56 AM   #5  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Apryl - I am so with you! I think school makes it a lot easier to stick to a plan. Especially since you usually don't have time to deviate!

My new semester started and so far so good! My yoga class is great, except having to be there at 7AM! Since I get up so early, I don't feel like having breakfast, so I usually bring it to eat between classes. However, yesterday I forgot it. It was terrible! I thought I was going to kill someone by 12:30PM. I did have a banana with me so I ate that but I was starving. Oddly enough, I didn't seem to be able to recover all day. I felt hungry even after I ate. I could have gone into the cafeteria but I know that most of the food there would be really bad choices and I was so hungry, I didn't trust myself. I think I'm going to have to have emergency power bars in my bag, just in case.
Old 08-28-2003, 12:19 PM   #6  

Unhappy From my journal yesterday:

So the Hog Bash is here this weekend. All kinds of people from all over the world are here. They have taken over our city, but hey, we love it. This is the birthplace of the Fat Boy.

An older couple asked me for directions to a laundromat & the interstate @ the Health Hut yesterday.

2 bikers smiled @ me & said "hi" @ the grocery store today.

8,000 bikes came in from Madison this afternoon in a big motorcade type thing.

They're all camping out @ out county fairgounds, up the road from here.

The parade of bikes is from our Zoo down the the lake, a good 100 blocks.

Peter Fonda & Jay Leno are here, from rumors I've heard. Still no idea who the "big musical act" is that is scheduled to be here. I've hear everything from the Stones to the Eagles to the Boss.

Today I saw a lot of things, one of them was a woman who came flying off the back of a bike & was caught by the concrete of I-94. Someone had a cooler in the boat they were towing & the cooler came flying up & hit the woman & she went flying. Fvcking horrible. There were 8 other accidents on the freeways today, 9 total, 6 serious injuries, no fatalities, thank God.

Everyone, please be careful. Today was one of the worst days I've had in a long long time.

I hated Thompson when he was our governor, but like him now that he's far far away in DC,

As for how I'm doing, still full of adrenaline from the accident yesterday. Going to the gym tonight to burn it off.

My gym is closed next week for cleaning & maintenance, we'll have to see how I do w/o it.
Old 08-28-2003, 03:25 PM   #7  

Wow aimee sounds like a very eventful day! I hope its over and everyone made it through ok.
Old 08-30-2003, 11:15 AM   #8  

I'm going to be offline for several days.

I'll catch up after that.

Keep it up, losers!
Old 08-30-2003, 08:13 PM   #9  

Hi all,

Well I agree to a point about the school helping out with the eating bit. I only have one class a day, so that leaves a lot of time for eating, but since the girls are at the sitter, I have been taking the opportunity to hit curves. So that is a good thing. And I spend some of my extra time working on the paintings I need to finish for class. So that takes up some of my time.

But I will have to say, that in the past 4 days, I should have gained 50lbs! I have been so stressed, that the whle diet thing has been thrown out the window. My puter has been down for the past 4 days, my sink broke and I found out that my car insurance place cancelled my policy back in Feb, and never told me. So, now I fixed my sink (so proud of myslef) and got new insurance, and fixed my puter. Now I just have to hire someone to mow my lawn. I have tried and it is just taking forever to do by hand. My riding mower broke.

Well that has been my problems I'll say what I'm glad for: I'm glad I have water, I'm glad my daughter likes Kindergarten, I'm glad I can chat on the puter again, I'm glad I have insurance, lol, and I'm gald my kids, husband, and I are in good health! I'm also glad I have all of you to chat with!

Well I'm done, lol. I'll chat with you all later!

Bella23
Old 08-31-2003, 11:18 PM   #10  
missaprylj

Well I went shopping today to get some*cringe*school clothes.

I don't want to go back. (Tuesday is Doom's Day, btw.)

I've been eating like CRAP and not exercising the last few days. I feel disgusting. NO MORE NO MORE NO MORE.

Oh well. I'm looking forward to getting back OP. (Isn't that odd? Apryl excited to exercise and eat well, crazy.) I start tomorrow. Oh Lord help me. I'm so scared of failing again. I think I can do this. Eeek.

How are you?

Old 09-01-2003, 12:27 AM   #11  

Much better, thanks for asking.

Tomorrow would be a new start for me, except my dang gym is closed for cleaning/repairs, won't open til next week Monday. So this makes it a bit challenging to get my workouts in. I definitely dont want to walk everyday, but the weights I have here are not as heavy as the ones @ the gym. Such decisions.

Tomorrow I'm lunching @ Mom's & then having dinner guests. Today was a 5 yr old birthday party, everything the hostess served was OP, b/c she is my best friend & a loser too.

I got a new pair of sweatpants Friday night b/c mine are too big! They look like clown pants on the bottom, b/c they have elastic bottoms. The new ones just have regular hemmed bottoms. I think I might cut the bottoms off the other pairs & try to hem them, if I'm feeling ambitious. The new ones were $9 @ Kmart, they fit nicely. I also got a new sweatshirt, berry colored. Both in a 2X. I hope by the time I have to buy more new sweats, it's in a size L.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:32 PM   #12  

Today was ok, not so sure about my new sitter. I was glad that I didn't have a quiz in school today. I lost my assignment paper and had no idea what I was supposed to read. But my prof. gave me a new one and I was ok. I'll have to catch up for Wed. That sucks, but I'll deal with it!

Good for you Pretty face! I can't wait till I go down a size again! I'm working hard on it. But food needs to get better! And I'm trying to get into the habbit of going to Curves at least 3 days a week as well.

Well that is all for me,

Bella23
Old 09-04-2003, 10:54 AM   #13  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Raining drizzly here in Power Town. The downtown area is all busy due to the big NFL Kickoff concert tonight -- Britney Spears, MJ Blige, Aerosmith, and ending with Aretha singing the National Anthem (I get goosebumps just THINKING about that. That woman could charm birds from the trees with that voice of hers.)

http://ww2.nfl.com/kickoff/

Anyway, they've closed some streets, and Metro's closed one of the main stations. I'm gonna head home early to try to avoid the crowds. Plus DH and I are joining a gym this evening, and I want to have enough time to do all the paperwork and still be able to attend the 6:30 kickboxing class. I'm hoping I'll do okay -- I've been doing cardio tapes about 5 times a week for the past few months, so I know how to modify moves or march in place if my heartrate gets too high. I haven't taken a live class in YEARS. I'm really excited.
Old 09-04-2003, 02:39 PM   #14  

Way to go, synger, you will love the gym.

Very scary times here. I knew our organization was downsizing, just wasn't sure how quickly it would be happening. My bosses boss was let go yesterday. So now it seems like it's just a matter of time. I am cleaning dumb stuff out of my cubicle today (pics of Ben Affleck, etc). I am young, single, I got skills, I'll get in elsewhere. I'm just worried that this is going to screw up my vacation to go see DB @ the end of October. Grrrrrr.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:31 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Need to talk a bit.
Last week, I got some temporary work filling in for another writer, who was on vacation. I loved it so much. They were terribly nice to me, and have offered me another weeks' worth doing training in October, but they don't have anything permanent.

Nobody does, and I am getting very depressed. Before I went back, I felt ok with not working, and my kid was out of school, so I always had something to fill my time with.

Now, I've been using my skills again, and it feels like an amputation to not be able to exercise them where they are valued. And the house echoes.

In the morning, I get dressed, but I can't seem to make myself go to the gym. Maybe someone will call... God knows, I have sent out enough resumes. My food's been acceptable, and I've been walking Miss Puppy (AKA Foxy) and drinking water, but I want to just sit down and cry for a long, long time.

Maybe I should sign up for minimum wage temp work, just to get me out of the house, but my unemployment is more than that, and we can use the money.

Thanks for listening in to me -- I hate to whine at my husband all the time. I know I'll get better, but sometimes, I just need to spill.

Sue

290/260/250/160?
Closed Thread