South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-06-2016, 06:28 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekly Chat - September 6 to 9

And so it begins! Next stop Thanksgiving - in October here, of course - but a ways to go before then with lots of fun things to happen.

Today will be a day of getting my gears changed - my body, not the car. I have a massive mountain of niggles and getting them done will make me feel motivated to tackle more big stuff. I will not "be working outside the home" except to cut back some spent perennials to make space for some mums.

As is traditional, I am going down to the corner for the school bus pick-up to wave off the children on their first day. I still feel a bit of nostalgia for my teaching days.

Have a good start to this short week.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:22 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am off to work this morning, getting ready to leave in a few minutes. It is dark outside but very humid and will be back in the 90s today, ready for the cool down.

Ruth enjoy your day.

Have a great day everyone
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Hey chicks! I was thinking of you and missing my morning routine of stopping in. I felt too much like a cheat when I don't eat healthy (at all) and didn't have much to contribute, but couldn't resist today.

Ruth - I see you're keeping busy as always! I saw yesterday's post on the pokemon-go, which I think is a dying craze here. My son and husband were doing it a lot together - which is good, because it got my son out of the house and moving - he prefers staying home in his room. I hope you get a little bit of time to recuperate and to take things slow.

Jennifer - I saw of you doing some kind of exercise thingee for the month of September. You go girl!! I wish I could do the plank challenge, that stuff is so awesome. Do some for me .

Debbie - I didn't read back too much, but I'm sure your life is an insane as always.

Waving to everyone else!!

For me - same ole, same ole. My last surgery didn't help much (maybe my arms a little?), and it seemed to make my legs worse. Amongst other things that I won't get into . I did make my kids' favorite black bean salad the other day, that was the first time in almost 4 months I've done chopping like that. Trying to make a little bit healthier meals, but not always. I guess the big problem is, is that DH does most of the cooking, and I don't expect him to do all the chopping and prepping like I used to do. Maybe I should ask him to so he appreciates even more what I used to do?!? HA! He is doing a lot though, so I am grateful.

I thought it was supposed to cool down, but it's in the high 80's again this week. DH's dad is visiting for a few days (!!!), but DH will take off at least half days to take him and do things. They both like to just drive around .

Hope y'all are doing well. I miss chatting with you every day, maybe again sometime.
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

Default Help!!!

I have been in and out of WWs forever. I can't stick to it anymore. I need to lose at least 30 lbs. I'm thinking SB might work better for me. I noticed their community boards have been discontinued. There doesn't appear to be a website anymore. I need to check in daily and get support. I am 66 years old.
Annette in NJ
Cmshul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Afternoon everyone

Tammy I was thinking of you today. LOL now you guilted me into doing my squats after I am done posting. I don't want to spill my afternoon cup of much needed love.....aka coffee!

Ruth I love the new profile pic. I am ready for Thanksgiving no matter what month it is in It's sweet you still see the kids off to school.

Pearlrose I hope the humidity breaks for you. The hurricane was a bust here and believe me no one is complaining. I am enjoying the breeze.

Hi Annette and welcome. South Beach was bought out by Nutri System recently. They seem to have shut down their "official website." Not sure what Nutri System has in store, but South Beach is truly a sustainable way to live. My best advice is to read the book. It truly helps understand how and why it works. I can only speak for myself, but SB has finally got me off the roller coaster. I'm not perfect, believe me, but I can make this work for my schedule, eating likes and splurges. I've been maintaining fairly easily for several years. I do have to think about my choices, but accept I will for the rest of my life. Good luck and feel free to ask lots of questions
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:03 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening, chicks!

First full day of school for me; Ruth, I was the one waving to the kids at the other end of the bus ride.. I was excited to realize I had a taco bake in the freezer; took it out last night and now my dinner is warming in the oven. Let's hear it for planning.

Pearlrose, we have had a few cool nights but today was another hot day. And the daylight is really waning right now! Hope you had a good day.

Tammy, I was thinking of you the other day and wondering how you were doing. Glad you stopped in.

Jennifer, I don't know if I could do the squat challenge. I tried the plank challenge once....let's say the emphasis is on the word "tried". I should probably find a new challenge to break up my routine.

Annette, welcome! I second what Jennifer said. Read the book; look at the FAQ section and have fun searching the recipes!! SB is a much a mind set as a diet.

Have a good evening, chicks.

Last edited by Beth19; 09-06-2016 at 06:04 PM.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:32 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Good morning, Happy Hump Day and to Annette and Cumshul. I am badly off track and it'll be great to have someone new to remind mes of SBD basics!

Tammy, nice to see you popping in - I've missed you (and your recipes!) but know you have been dealing with other "stuff".

Yes, Beth, planning is key! Been too busy this summer to plan food so have been doing the 3G Plan - grab, gobble and go! I am going to take the time this fall (starting today) to do some precooking. I am planning to make taco bake first and freeze it in single portions. I made a three bean salad yesterday that is mellowing in the fridge.

Jennifer, most impressed by you plank challenge. I know how important staying in shape is for your job. Stay safe. Good advice to Annette re the book. I need to dig mine out and re-read.

Pearlrose, seems to me we should be cooled off and rid of humidity by now but Mother Nature is screwed up this year all over the continent. I'm not sure how this will affect food prices this winter but I suspect a surge in food prices.

A day at home is on the plan today. I found a rather antique pork tenderloin in the depths of the freezer and am wondering how to be creative with it. I'm getting bored with what I eat and need to upgrade and do more cooking ahead but it's not as much fun for one.

Dogs are fed and back in their bed. Time to set a good example and crank up the day. Enjoy!
Old 09-07-2016, 08:49 AM   #8  

Good morning,

It is still humid here but since I am wfh I went for my morning walk outside since it is lighter since it's an hour later when I head out the door. Tonight DD2 has art class and that is about all on my agenda.

Ruth I haven't been cooking ahead but we have been eating at home much more, so eating healthy, we rarely go out to eat now.

Tywnn great to see you drop in, we miss seeing you post but know you are dealing with things.

Jekel I cannot do the squat challenge because my knees start hurting when the count goes up to high, I guess I could try again now that I have lost most of the weight I regained.

Beth were the kids excited for the first day of school?

Welcome Annette, I second what everyone else is saying reading the book and then we have some helpful threads with recipes posted here.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-07-2016, 02:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Pearlrose there are so many variations for squats which helps me tremendously!!! I've been doing "ballet" style, feet wider than shoulders with toes pointed out. My inner thighs seem to be getting to work a little more than doing a traditional "sit into a chair" style squat.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:10 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening chicks! (just barely evening, but still...)

Another busy day. Seems like there is always a lot of organizational stuff at the beginning of the school year in addition to the normal planning.

Ruth, one of my favorites is pulled pork. I do it in the crockpot with a dry rub; you can always add a bit of water if needed.

Jennifer, good job on the squats!!

Pearlrose, I will say that some of the kids were excited for the first day; today it seemed the novelty was wearing off and reality setting in. Maybe it had something to do with homework being assigned??

Still unusually hot here; I am hoping for a storm overnight to break the heat.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:37 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Good morning from Drippy Delta. We got rain last night but not enough to really make a difference. Today will be muggy.

Did not get the pork tenderloin done for dinner. I wanted to stuff and bake it but had no butcher string. That'll be today's project.

Whoops! Timely reminder just popped up! It's Michelle Day and I have a 9:30 meeting so gotta jet to get my tidying done before then. Back later.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:52 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Sorry I've missed you chicks for the past few days. Kirk returned safely home on Monday, I work Tuesday and then life turned into a crazy. We've been having major roadwork all summer. They are replacing the entire infrastructure on the road which passes in front of our house. They were going to stop for the winter one block away so we thought we were put off until the spring. When I got home from work Tuesday I couldn't get to the house because the road was closed. They decided to keep going. All of a sudden we were in the big push to get everything accomplished that needs to happen through the front entrance because we will only be able to access our house from the back and very steep stairs for months. We decided to make a run to Denver yesterday and decided to take mom who is also with her road closed. We had a good day but it was a little more complicated. Last night we decided to head to Glenwood early this morning and return early tomorrow morning. We felt like we needed a little getaway and we might as well go where it's free. LOL

A special hello to Tammy! Hugs and love always!

Happy Thursday everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:53 AM   #13  

Good morning,

I am at work getting ready to kick of the day, have several meetings. Nothing on agenda this evening.

Ruth it is muggy here as well.

Debbie yikes that will be an adjustment especially during the winter months for using back steps. Enjoy Glenwood.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-09-2016, 06:41 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Flying by since I just realized today is trash day - a day later due to the Monday holiday. I do have the financial report ready for the quilting biddies but just barely. We start at nine these days which suits me but I am going to make my excuses and leave at noon to tackle more niggles here at home.

Anyhow, help yourself to coffee and TGIF after a short week.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:46 AM   #15  

Good morning,

Woke up to a rainy day outside so did my morning workout inside. Tonight starts the town's festival so hopefully it will stop raining. Tomorrow there is a parade at 5:30 as well. Nothing on the agenda other than wfh.

Have a great day everyone