Weight Loss Support - Does anyone know of a bulletin board for OA (overeaters anonymous) meetings?

RoseAnn in NY
08-26-2003, 11:58 PM
I went to a meeting this evening and although I struggle with my weight, I'm not sure I qualify for this program. I need a place to ask questions.

Any suggestions.

Thanks
RoseAnn in NY

2cute2Bfat
08-27-2003, 01:18 AM
HI roseAnn... there are a LOT of sites for OA meetings. In fact this 3fc site used to have their own section designed just for OA.
I just went and looked for it but it is gone now. :(
I will go try and find you a few sites... but ANYONE can belong to OA. I was a long time member years ago. It made a MAJOR difference in my life. I learned to let go of trying to control others... and I learned to let go of perfectionism and a lot more.

As with any group... there are good meetings and not so good meetings. I always recommended people go 6 times before deciding if it was right for them or not. Also if you live in a larger city ... there are many different meetings to go to. They each have their own personalities. ... and just like with people... we like some personalities better than others. :)

Some people get scared away because of the mention of God... but please do not let that detour you away. It is the God of "your understanding" not any certain religious belief. It is open to EVERYONE.

If I can be of any help I will be glad to help.

Jo
08-27-2003, 10:02 AM
Not sure if this will help, but the official OA site is http://www.oa.org/ They have lots of info on their site. Good luck with whatever you decide! :)