Old 09-01-2016, 04:48 AM   #1  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Talking 300+ Chat Thread, September 2016

Hello Guys & Gals,

Welcome to Sept. Let's make this month the best one yet. Everyone is welcome to join us in this thread.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 310/305.4/unlimited goal

Height: 5'6"

Good morning,

I started my journey on Thursday Sept 1. I commit to Saturday morning weigh ins. I started at 310.2. This morning I am at 307.8.

I know it is water weight mostly, but am happy to be out of the 310's.
Thank you for this site and for it's community. This is a challenging journey and i know i cannot make it alone.

Last edited by Opine; 09-03-2016 at 11:26 AM. Reason: I cannot spell
Opine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:04 PM   #3  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I'm just sticking my head back in again after a long absence.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 07:08 PM   #4  

Hello everyone!

Hope you're all doing well. I don't check the forums regularly, but just wanted to stop in to say hi and to offer hope for those of you at the beginning of your own journey. Today marks 15 months since the day I committed to changing my life (through nutrition and exercise). I started at 495 pounds on June 4, 2015 and am now just under 300 pounds as of today.

I couldn't ask for anything more from life. It's beyond what I ever could have expected 15 months ago. I have so much energy, blood pressure is controlled (no meds), no more obstructive sleep apnea (no cpap machine), blood levels are all normal and have found that I love hiking, biking, and swimming. I regularly engage in physical activities with friends and my social life has honestly never been better. I'm even starting yoga this month and while I am a bit nervous about it, I am looking forward to it.

My latest progress photos (face):

Happy September to you all! (P.s., message me if you'd like to add me on Fitbit or Facebook).

Cheers!
emilyFIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 08:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

hi y'all quick drop in before going to work just to keep in touch and follow the thread!
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:43 PM   #6  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

hello all!
lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:06 AM   #7  
starting over again

@emilyFIT, I didn't get a chance to mention it earlier - but you are looking great!

@Phae1963 - this thread is fine, in fact this whole 300 plus group is a good place to be for getting support and accountability for those of us with more weight to loss, chatting with people who are in the same boat as us. Hope to see you around!

Last edited by lostbutstilltrying; 09-06-2016 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:33 PM   #8  

Wow Emily you are truly amazing. Yor results give me hope!
Old 09-07-2016, 05:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

HI all

Emily - awesome photos love the smile wow huge changes

just dropping in after a very long day at work = home at 8.30 pm local time - start again at work at 7am tomorrow - oh dear not even 12 hours between shifts

had a dizzy moment at lunch time when standing up too fast!! not a good feeling

Dam TTOM!

What else could go wrong
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

I'm here but barely. Spiraling out of control but I decided today enough is enough.

Denver was good although the circumstances were not. Flying was not bad at all. I watched my food pretty good while I was there and didn't gain, but as soon as I got back I got very sick to where I could only eat crackers and soup and that started the incline in my weight. I was eating so many carbs from being sick that I just didn't seem to care and craved them. I got back from the lake Monday night to find on Tuesday that I now weigh 235 lb Yesterday I worked on watching my food and the carbs. It's going to be one slow day at a time but I'm not giving up. I feel fatter so I'm sure I look fatter I guess my goal for the rest of the year is to get back where I was at the beginning of the year then start anew next year. Going to try and get DH going again too. We both need to lose the weight. I want to try for a baby next year hopefully.

Sorry I haven't checked in I've been feeling sorry for myself for what I've done, but I figured it's time to stop feeling sorry and do something, so that's where I am today.
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:47 AM   #11  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Chugging ALong I hope you have checked on this September thread, I don't want you to think we forgot about you as the month changed. Welcome! I believe in you, stick around here for some support and hopefully that will help bring down the some of your stress. I hope that you do understand that stress really can stop you losing weight. I have been consistently losing 4-6lbs a month except for 6 weeks where I was soo stressed out with university, and everything else that was going on with life I maintained. Not going to lie, the situations that you need to deal with suck! I would not want to be in your shoes. However, like you mentioned, your health needs to be in check so that your family can depend on you. Good luck!!

Opine Well done on starting off! I can't wait to see your progress

Catherine Welcome back!

Emily That's fantastic!! Your skin looks so much clearer, you look so much happier. I am genuinely clapping my hands in awe for you just now. Well Done!

Phae Welcome!!! You are in the right place!! I started in January at 323. I vowed to myself and my friends that I would lose 1lb a week. Slow and steady so that I wouldn't set myself goals that I couldn't achieve. I am 6 weeks behind (due to stress maintaining at the end of my degree), but I am 28.4lbs down and I am super excited! If I never started when I did, I would still be unhappy and the heaviest I had ever been. Its a long haul life change for me, and I will be here in the forum supporting you whenever you need it!. So jump in feet first and have a blast.

SamIam I am glad that the flight wasn't as bad as anticipated, and again I am sorry about the whole reason you had to go in the first place. I hope you manage to shift this bug and get back on track soon. It is never great when carbs get in your way I believe in you though. Just take each day as it comes.

Me Well my business is nearly ready to start, it is quite scary actually. The last two weeks have been very busy for me which has meant that my weight has also been all over the place. Luckily I caught a bug over the weekend and I have now weighed in at my lightest this year. I am currently 294.6 that is 28.4lbs off I am excited!! But I need to work really hard on my diet and exercise this week to try catch up on maybe 2 extra lbs if possible.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:28 PM   #12  
starting over again

@SamIAm86 - sorry to hear you weren't feeling well and then were down - we all have our ups and downs with eating better - the important thing is to accept it (not love it, but accept it) and go on....... you have things you want from your life next year and being healthier will make them easier. Hug from me.

@Scotsgal - good luck with your business, congratulations on believing in yourself~
Old 09-08-2016, 06:15 AM   #13  

Good morning, I wish everyone a good day!

I am stressed at work and I am really focused on not caving into my old habit of stress eating. I am going to leave my credit card in my car so I cannot talk myself into buying anything off plan. I am taking 2 fruity protein shake packets with me for the sweetnees and hope that will take the edge off.

Last edited by Opine; 09-08-2016 at 06:15 AM. Reason: I cannot spell
Old 09-08-2016, 07:55 AM   #14  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Good Morning!

I feel soo bloated this week. I think I need to start eating or bringing something into my diet that allows me to be a little more regular (I know TMI). I use ginger in my meals as well a flax seed and I drink a lot of water, not sure whats going on.

I have also started today doing a 50 squat a day challenge just to bring a bit of muscle back into my thighs, I can actually feel them flabbing a bit :/

Hope everyone is well.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 09:57 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 313/280/175

Hey y'all, I thought I would join you all in your journeys as I have a long one ahead of me too. 9/6 I weighed in at 313.7 lbs! I almost fell off the scale!. That is the highest I have EVER been! I have finished school now though and have started a new job so I feel that things have calmed down a bit in my life and I know that diet and exercise work for me. ( I lost 65lbs 3years ago with a starting weight of 297) I give myself one day a week(Saturdays) to binge. I know it sets me back a bit but in that one day I eat what I have been craving all week and then start fresh on Sunday. It works for me. So 4 days in I'm down 5.8 lbs. Using my fitness pal and staying within calorie range. Im ready for a smaller me!
LadyA is offline   Reply With Quote